Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 16:36   #6241
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Here's a silly question :

I bought my Figo on May 2011 and it'll be 2 years soon.
My key seems to loose it's juice (battery low ??).
Now I need to press very hard and at least twice or thrice to unlock the doors or the boot.

Is this happening to anybody ?
Can I take my keys to a watch repair shop and get the battery replaced or should I take it to SC ?

Thanks,
nimbleguru.
Old 6th March 2012, 16:40   #6242
BHPian

Take it to the ASSC. BTW the boot release button is required to be pressed twice to open the boot lid.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 16:44   #6243
BHPian

Is it happening for unlocking only?

OR

For both locking, unlocking and boot opening?

If both three are not working with single press, then it looks like battery is dead. Spare button cell battery can be sourced from reliable source - Make sure you buy reliable branded cells than the unbranded ones.
Sedate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 16:58   #6244
BHPian

@Blow Horn Ok: I'm sorry if I confused you. I meant even if I pressed the boot release button twice (double click ) several times it's not responding.

@Sedate : Yes, for both locking/unlocking the doors/boot , I need to try at least 3 or 4 times.

But 1.10 years old and already battery dead ?

Is it not like the generic button cell (used in small clocks and watches) ?

I'm afraid that if I take it to a watch repairman, he might damage the key.
Besides need to wait till this Saturday to go to Service Center and it's quite far away too.

Thanks you guys.
Old 6th March 2012, 20:39   #6245
BHPian

Better to take the issue to the ASSC. My car is 1.6 year old but touch-wood i have not bitten by this bug.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 01:53   #6246
Senior - BHPian

I have a wierd problem with my dec 2010 Figo which has run 37K km. I has not used it for about 2 weeks. When I started driving again, the engine note is gruffer than it used to be. Also the turbo is booming very loudly. This booming noise apperas only above 2000 rpm which is why I suspect it is from the turbo. It is loud enough to prevent conversation in the cabin. I also think there is a marginal drop in pre-turbo pick-up namely starting and at road humps where I have to come down to first where previously I could do in second gear. I thought it might be due to non usage and would disappear soon and have driven about 1000 km but the booming persists. only above 2000rpm. What could be the problem?
Could it have anything to do with rats?
Old 7th March 2012, 08:03   #6247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post

Now I need to press very hard and at least twice or thrice to unlock the doors or the boot.

Is this happening to anybody ?
Can I take my keys to a watch repair shop and get the battery replaced or should I take it to SC ?

Thanks,
nimbleguru.
Did you mean May 2010? Wondering how it can be 2 years old now
I have a June 2010 model, I do not find this problem though. Anyways, I think you should try replacing the battery.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 08:36   #6248
BHPian

Did my Ford FIGO TDCi Titanium drink some magic potion ?

I got to be the Figo owner on 19th of last month. I was contemplating buying Beat instead of Figo for its incredible fuel efficiency but the space constraints made me go the other way and I bought the Figo instead. Not to mention that my FE expectations were a lot toned down due to the 4 cylinder, 1.4lt engine. But looks like the car had more in surprises for me.

First Tank-full: Done right after getting the car and it did cost 1450/- (diesel price in gurgaon is odd 41). Did reset the trip-meter to set the datum for my subsequent measurements.

Second Tank-full: After guess two weeks of gurgaon city traffic, with AC on 50% of the time. Cost 1250/- Kilometers run 520. Calculated mileage from first tank-full to second tank-full was odd 19kmpl. Not bad for a new car.

Third Tank-full: Right after the second tank-full, I travelled from Delhi to Punjab (my hometown), with 3 adults and one kid. Did trip to Hoshiarpur with 5 adults, then to Chandigarh with two adults and then back to Gurgaon alone. All the time with AC on. All this while I didn't add any fuel and got the tank-full again at Dhaula Kuan, Delhi. 860km done in fuel worth 1450/-. Calculated FE from second tank-full to third tank-full is 24kmpl+. The car looks like it is on steroids when cruising at around 80.

I am not being able to digest the fact but the numbers are saying otherwise.

Is it due to the Michellin Energy XM1+ tyres ? Or the figures are wrong due to the slight increase in the tyre dia ( I moved from stock 175/65R14 to 185/65R14, which is a difference of 6.5mm in the diameter of the tyre). Or its due the fact that I drove it mostly at 80km/h ?

Not that I am disliking the magic number of 24+, I just want to be sure that I am not missing out on anything.

Can somebody comment on this ?

PS: Mods, feel free to move this topic to a more relevant place, if this is not the correct place. Since the topic also talk about initial ownership, I thought of putting it up here.

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2012 at 15:30. Reason: STRICTLY no inappropriate language on Team-BHP, not even indirectly
Old 7th March 2012, 09:02   #6249
Senior - BHPian

Re: Did my Ford FIGO TDCi Titanium drink some magic potion ?

24+ is very attainable in the Figo TCDi in the plains. Congratulations on a great buy.
Old 7th March 2012, 09:36   #6250
BHPian

Thanks.

Seeing the ARAI figures of 20odd kmpl, I was expecting like 17-18kmpls in reality. The magic number appeared even after 100% AC usage is what made me go awe struck.

I am glad that I didn't go for the Beat
Old 7th March 2012, 09:46   #6251

I have driven 16.5k till date on figo TDCI. I never saw FE below 20 on highways.
Old 7th March 2012, 09:57   #6252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
When I was considering to buy my Figo, I followed Figo Facebook fan page for 4 months and kept reading what hundreds of owners had posted regarding headlamp issues. I saw that no matter what bulb they fitted, they were never satisfied with visibility and kept complaining that there headlamp cluster was not correctly designed. I also noticed that newer Figo owners (after Sept'11) never complained about headlamp issues. Decide yourself what could have been wrong.
Any idea what are changes in the headlamp cluster? Wonder why Ford is offering only the new headlamps and not the whole cluster for the pre-Sept 2011 owners.
On the Facebook Figo page, there was a discussions section earlier where owners reported and discussed the problems they faced. That seems to have disappeared now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post

Thanks,
nimbleguru.
My May 2010 Figo's Key fob is doing fine. Could it be that buttons themselves have become a little hard

Last edited by Deep Blue : 7th March 2012 at 10:14.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 10:01   #6253
BHPian

Also when I test drove Beat Diesel I felt like its comfort zone was 50-70 kmph. 80 kmph is definitely a bit of strain on Beat Diesel and might not have returned the mileage figures you currently get in your Figo. Congratulations and enjoy your ride.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:04   #6254
Senior - BHPian

Firstly, increasing the size of the tyres does not increase your mileage, it actually decreases it. Consider the following with numbers just for explanation.

Say your tyre is 1 metre in circumference and your odo is accurately set for that. So a 1,000 revolutions means you will travel 1 km.

Now if you increase your tyre size to 1.1 metre in circumference, the same 1,000 revolutions will still show 1 km on your odo, but you will actually have travelled 1.1 km. Therefore, your odo will be under reading the distance you travelled and mileage calculated will actually be less than what you really achieve. Obviously the inverse applies if you put in smaller tyres.

Secondly, travelling everywhere at 80 kph is actually very beneficial for mileage in your Figo. If you want to check this, the next time you do a similar trip, drive everywhere at 100 to 120, instead of the 80 you did here, and see how your mielage will drop.

Congragulations on the new car and have lots of miles of happy motoring with it.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:14   #6255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushantV View Post
Calculated mileage from first tank-full to second tank-full was odd 19kmpl.

Calculated FE from second tank-full to third tank-full is 24kmpl+.
Very sensible driving. And clean fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
.. the next time you do a similar trip, drive everywhere at 100 to 120, instead of the 80 you did here, and see how your mielage will drop..
+1. The higher the speeds, the lower the FE.

I have got about 21-22 kmpl on my Ikon TDCi when it was brand new, and this was at speeds of about 90-100. Later long distance trips have returned lesser FE, because the speeds were often at the 110-120 mark. And it is so easy to revv to 130

Happy driving !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks