Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:08   #6181
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I think that the oil change on first service is optional. The manual states that the oil should be inspected & if need be, then replaced. Though, in case of replacement, the customer would have to pay for the oil from his own pocket.

However, it's really surprising that the first oil change is at 10K. Even Maruti with the much advanced Multijet oil burner changes the engine oil at 1K i.e. first service. Is Ford just too confident or blindly recommending something to surpass the competition because this sort of a service interval gives the impression of a lesser cost of ownership/maintenance to the customer.

Moreover, the Figo service chart at the end of the user manual contradicts what's written in between. The chart mentions service intervals as 10K, but the text in between mentions the interval to be 5K. Not sure which one to trust, but I guess I would stick to what's specified for the Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Oil change will be at the Second service at 10000kms or 1 year.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:08   #6182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Oil change will be at the Second service at 10000kms or 1 year.
You should have got the engine oil and the engine oil filter changed at the first service at 2500 KM, that is what FORD recommends. The service center guys should have done this.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:12   #6183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I think that the oil change on first service is optional. The manual states that the oil should be inspected & if need be, then replaced. Though, in case of replacement, the customer would have to pay for the oil from his own pocket.
Not sure, but I guess the manual states that Engine oil and filter should be changed and NOT inspected at the First service.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:37   #6184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Got my Figo TDCi today.
Congrats bro.

Quote:
The gear lock is Minda make, however the fitting was shoddy. You are better off getting this fitted from outside.
Where is the gear getting locked? In neutral or in reverse? As I remember when we were looking for a Gear lock for desi's car, we were told that gear stick will get locked in neutral and the plate will be visible.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:51   #6185
Senior - BHPian

Thanks bro!

The gear lock is engaged in reverse gear, not in neutral. Also the gear lock has been installed from passenger side since the gear assembly is such that it doesn't permit installation from driver side if you want the lock to engage in reverse.

And the lock works fine but it is the way the job has been carried out which caused heart-burn. Will show it to you, because it hurts every time I look at it. We need to think of some ingenious way of making this thing look good, basically hide the stupidity of the installer/dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Congrats bro.

Where is the gear getting locked? In neutral or in reverse? As I remember when we were looking for a Gear lock for desi's car, we were told that gear stick will get locked in neutral and the plate will be visible.
Old 2nd March 2012, 13:15   #6186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
. You would surely need a visit to the a.s.s.
Must surely be something minor related to the sensors. DOnt worry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@kart19 - please call Ford Roadside Assistance - Ford India Private Limited - Roadside Assistance.

And yes this is a problem with High Pressure washing, I am going to try out the steam washing http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...wash-what.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
The ECU may be in 'limp home' mode. The car must be hooked to a laptop for diagnosis of fault codes generated.

If you can not visit the service center, try to call the helpline / ford road side assistance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
As gemi as mentioned, the most likely problem is the vehicle speed sensor. I faced the same symptoms on a brand new figo (D) Zxi that I took delivery of just last week - speedometer on the fritz, trip / odo meter not recording distance, and loss of throttle.

Thanks guys,
I called the roadside assistance last night. They said they would toe the car and drop off at the nearest FASS and look at it first thing in the morning. He was not very convincing in answering my query of where he would keep the car, since the FASS closes at 6PM and it was already 8 when I had called.

I thought I would take it myself and I declined their offer of toeing, since freak unexpected incidents ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2668604 ) have been happening to my car lately.

So, this morning, I drove the car 10 Kms without accelerator, just by switching gears and reached the FASS. I learnt three things,

1. That mumbai's traffic is so bad that I really din't lose much time sans accelerator.
2. The car pulls surprisingly well in fifth gear climbing the flyover sans accelerator. (Thank you diesel!, I guess)
3. The ODO too has ceased to function.

And then, and our favourite Mr.Murphy made an appearance when I tried showing the Service guy that the accelerator was not working. IT DID when he tried depressing it.

I explained the problem anyway and gave the car.
Hoping it would be done under warranty and that nothing major is wrong.

Will keep you guys posted.
Thx
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:48   #6187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk206 View Post
Hi guys,

Firstly, Moderators please move my post if its not relevant to this topic.

I am thinking of buying the 1.4 DuraTorq Figo Titanium in Panther Black. Question is, Which dealer in Bangalore is the best in terms of service/ after sales experience.

Gentlemen, The floor is yours
Hi rk206,

I bought a white Titanium TDCI 3 weeks ago from Metro Ford.
Went to both their showrooms at Palace Road and St. Mark's Road. Funnily, some details were very different at the two places.

One Sales guy at the Palace Road said it would take minimum 2 weeks to get the colour I wanted (white). At St. Marks Road, another sales guy said he could delivery it in two days. How is it that the same dealer's two different guys provide different dates for delivery? Does each sales guy have some sort of individual allotment? Anyhow, strange indeed.

Further, the (small) offers were different too. The Palace Road guy said he could give sun film, mats and mud flaps. The St. Mark's Road guy said car cover, perfume and idol in addition to the Palace Road guy's offer!

Then there was the TD. The Palace Road guy said he could arrange only a small TD of 5km, even though I asked for a long one on a highway stretch. The St. Marks Road guy got the guy home and we did a 45km TD from Fraser Town to Hosakote Road (almost 15km from KR Puram) and back. Did 140 kmph on the TD Car (which had done 3300 km) with 4 folks in it, the Sales guy, me, wife and sis-in-law and all three of us drove it.

So clearly you know who I went with - the St. Mark's Road guy!

Next ...
Did the T-Bhp PDI, but was not allowed to drive the car so everythign else got done. The only thing I was not sure about during the TDI was the white colour of the bumpers was very slightly different from the metal white. Wife and others around did not feel so ... checked some other white already registered cars and they all seemed the same so said ok!

Delivery went off ok ... nothing special.
First, they got the delivery signature on the wrong car! Luckily noticed it and scratched it out. The Sales guy head was clearly somewhere else that day and it seemed just a formality - they are selling too many Figos to care about making you "special". They guys attitude was clearly less interested after we booked!

Two days after delivery noticed the following ...
1. Small bubbles in the sun film and
2. Car pulling to the left on a straight road.

Took the car back and they promised to change the sun film at no cost which was done 5 days later (as I could not leave the car with them earlier) and the puling thing was attended to the same day. Took the car to St. Mark's Road, was "mechanically-politely" received at the gate by some Serivce Adisor (who was talking to me and on his mobile simultaneously). He got some junior guy to come with me for a TD ... the guy says its pulling left due the slope of the road! There was clearly no point saying anything to him. (I have been driving for 20 years now and think I know when the car is not going straight, but then, looks like no point saying this to 23 year old fellow!)

Anyhow, they decided to do a wheel alignment and all this which was told to me would be done in 15min took them a good 75 min to complete. First 15min wait then 5 min to rotate tyes (of a car done 75km), then 30 min doing nothing, 15min to do some wheel alignment (with some jugaad i thought) and then another TD with another chap who also says pulling to the left due to the slope of the road !! After all that, things seemed a bit better but I am not convinced. Decided to drive it a bit before going back. And oh yes, all this was done without any job card being opened and no charges.

Well, thats my experience with Metro Ford of Bangalore. Can't say its been great, strictly average or just below that in my experience.

Hope it helps.
Feel free to message if you need any contact details etc.
cheers,
musa
Musa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 15:04   #6188
BHPian

Quote:
I think that the oil change on first service is optional. The manual states that the oil should be inspected & if need be, then replaced.

The chart mentions service intervals as 10K, but the text in between mentions the interval to be 5K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Not sure, but I guess the manual states that Engine oil and filter should be changed and NOT inspected at the First service.
Figo's manual was updated without care and hence there are some unclear rules. I think, after observing condition of oil at first service for one year in all Figo's, Ford concluded that there was simply no need to change it at first service. It's not like they are in race to decrease service costs. When Figo was launched, Ford clearly had advertised that first service would need oil change. When it was dropped, Ford didn't do any kind of advertisement to boast that Figo doesn't need oil change at first service.

The service interval is 10,000KM. Seriously, any less than it would be a major embarrassment in this modern age. Are there even any car today which has service interval shorter than 10,000KM?

Last edited by DevilsCry : 2nd March 2012 at 15:05. Reason: Grammar correction
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:46   #6189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
2. The car pulls surprisingly well in fifth gear climbing the flyover sans accelerator. (Thank you diesel!, I guess)
If the ECU is in limp-home mode, it continues to feed enough diesel to keep the engine going. The engine rpm will be maintained around idling speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
And then, and our favourite Mr.Murphy made an appearance when I tried showing the Service guy that the accelerator was not working. IT DID when he tried depressing it.
This has happened several times to me - For some reason my car makes me look like an idiot in front of the A** guys
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:06   #6190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrat View Post
This has happened several times to me - For some reason my car makes me look like an idiot in front of the A** guys

Just got the car back.
All is well! As Gemi was mentioning, the sensor had gone kaput.
The sensor has been replaced under warranty. No questions asked!
Happy with (Wasan) Ford Service So far.

In the morning too, even though I reached a good 45 mins before the scheduled opening time, as soon as an SE came in, he was assigned the case, so I could demo the issue ; the Job card was made, well before opening time so I could leave for work.

But coming back to the cause, There are dozens of (relatively new) cars that come for a wash everyday, and the car wash is almost always overbooked. How can one wash of the underbody/engine bay area with high pressure jet make a component completely fail in the Figo. Kind of gives me nightmares that there is no 4th year extended warranty.
Old 3rd March 2012, 10:53   #6191
BHPian

Yesterday i cleaned the AC and Air filter of my car. The location of AC filter is weird and requires the plastic shroud around the gear lever and the fuse box behind the glove box to be removed. Will check any change in efficiency and report.

I have a feeling that the jack provided with the car is not good. The car is unstable when jacked up, due to single arm design and less contact with ground. Once when it was jacked from the rear left, the car started drifting towards right and the jack slipped and hit running board causing a dent. Thankfully the wheel was on and i was unhurt. Even post that incidence i changed that wheel again and could feel lack of stability.

Don't know why, but only the rear left suffers a puncture (Three time in 1.5 years)

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 3rd March 2012 at 10:58.
Old 3rd March 2012, 11:12   #6192
Senior - BHPian

@ALL: Guys, I am sorry to be repeating this but what engine oil options are available for the Figo TDCi. The Figo takes in 5W30 weight oil, with an API rating of CF/CG & an ECEA rating of B1/B3/B4.

Also, I noticed today when a friend of mine came along with his older Figo TDCi that the colour of coolant is pink in his car whereas it is orange in mine & mine looks more watery. His coolant still looks like Gelusil or Dygiene, while mine looks like Rasna with a lot of water content. Any information on this? Also, all diesel Figos that I saw at the dealer had the same coolant.

Drive safe.

PS: I am sharing a picture of my new car, this picture was taken by my mom while taking delivery. Would post more once I start my thread. And I think I had forgotten to thank 'akshay380' & 'dhinchak' for their wishes, so thank you guys & if I could just say that a better way to celebrate would be to meet up some time.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-copy-01032012143.jpg

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 3rd March 2012 at 11:21.
Old 3rd March 2012, 13:28   #6193
BHPian

The car looks superb. Congrats a ton

Post a pic of the gear lock you got installed. The coolant in my car is also pink in color. May be earlier cars were filled with Gelusil and latest ones with Rasna

Jokes apart, IMO the coolant consistency might be same.

What other accessories have you planned?

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 3rd March 2012 at 13:30.
Old 3rd March 2012, 14:50   #6194
BHPian

Quote:
@ALL: Guys, I am sorry to be repeating this but what engine oil options are available for the Figo TDCi. The Figo takes in 5W30 weight oil, with an API rating of CF/CG & an ECEA rating of B1/B3/B4.
For the sake of better FE, Ford recommends the use of low viscosity oils in their cars (5w30 for Diesel and 10w30 for petrol). They also have their specific approvals for engine oils. For 1.4 TDCi unit, Ford approval numbers are:

WSS-M2C913-A - Engine oil, Initial and service fill, SAE 5W-30. This specification meets the ILSAC GF-2 and ACEA A1-98 and B1-98 and additional Ford requirements.
WSS-M2C913-B - The Ford M2C913-B specification is released in Europe for initial fill engine oils used for lubrication of spark ignition engines using gasoline and for compression ignition engines using diesel fuels. The specification is also used to define engine oils for servicing Ford engines where applicable. The oil shall meet all the requirements of the ILSAC GF-2 and GF-3 specification, the ACEA A1-98 and B1-98 specification and additional Ford requirements.
WSS-M2C913-C - Fully backwards compatible and is strongly recommended for all applications that currently require the specification Ford M2C913-B. The new engine oil provides various benefits to the customer such as improved fuel economy benefits and high robustness to biodiesel fuels.

So going by above WSS-M2C913-C is most recommended by Ford. Based on what I know, Ford ASC's use the oils below in 1.4 TDCi. (none of these are fully synthetic).

1. Shell Helix HX7 AF 5W30 - meets fords WSS-M2C913-A & B
2. Mobil Super 5W30 - meets fords WSS-M2C913-A & B
3. Castrol Magnatec Professional A1 5w30 -meets fords WSS-M2C913-A & B & C

So the last one of the lot is better but is only available at ASC's since I think, this oil is not sold in retail by Castrol.

My suggestion, you can search for an oil of your choice in the market and try to get fully synthetic. However, I think you should only stick to 5W30 and the one with Ford approval number.

Hope this post provides you some detail for further research!

Source of info: Link below and google.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2342811
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2012, 15:22   #6195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
There are now 4 dealers in Bangalore - Cauvery, Lathangi, Metro and Elite.

Would you want to try the new Elite Ford dealership? Otherwise, I would suggest you head to Metro.
Thanks Kiloalpha. I has spoken to the Elite Guys for a quite in the first place and they seemed alright. I wouldn't mind them. As far as Metro is concerned, I have a friend who has used them for a lot of years. But, here in the forum, I've read not so nice things about Metro. Also, Refer to Musa's experience below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musa View Post
Hi rk206,

I bought a white Titanium TDCI 3 weeks ago from Metro Ford.
Went to both their showrooms at Palace Road and St. Mark's Road. Funnily, some details were very different at the two places.

Hope it helps.
Feel free to message if you need any contact details etc.
cheers,
musa
Thanks Musa. Your experience is certainly an eye-opener. Ill definitely keep it in mind.

Sea Grey has left me confused now Black or the Sea Grey???

Another question, I'm gonna buy the Titanium .

Secondly, What other accessories should be planned?
My list already has
1. MapMyIndia
2. Maybe a Head Unit change ? Would that make sense or ?

3. Sun-film ? What percentage and what model?

4. Is Teflon coat necessary ?

I've read far too much and its getting overwhelming. Hence just shouting out aloud for HELP.

And , Its MY first car ( My heart just skipped a beat while typing it, I almost want to put an heart around it , Sorry)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks