Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 15:32   #6166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19
Dear all

I am facing the strangest issue in the FIGO 1.4 TDCi.

I had given the car for a wash in the nearby pump since work had kept me really busy this week.
(they had done the engine bay cleaning as well)

Since then, the speedo is behaving in the wierdest way, randomly shooting down during the drive.
I thought there might be some remnant water somewhere and it would be ok as the car heats up. It did become ok.
But then, this morning the speedo dint work at all when the car was moving. And then, suddenly the accelerator stopped functioning in the middle of the highway. Maybe the ECU has cut off the accelerator sensing something amiss. But no warning lights have come up in the dash. Now the accelerator and the speedo dont work.
I drove 6 Kms with idling engine to bring the car to office by shifting gears without accl.

Really bad timing since this is my busiest week at work, and I dont have the time right now to take it to FASS.
What could be wrong? Is there any DIY thing I could do to disable the ECU from cutting off the accl. temporarily? Reset ECU or something.

FYI the car is OCT 2011 Exi

Any help is welcome! thx
The ECU may be in 'limp home' mode. The car must be hooked to a laptop for diagnosis of fault codes generated.

If you can not visit the service center, try to call the helpline / ford road side assistance.
Old 1st March 2012, 22:14   #6167
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
lohithrao, EXI is 6.1 after all discounts. prices have gone up a lot for Figo compared to last year i guess.
Just curious, do they fit rear power windows in showroom?
EXI is 6.1!! My diesel Titanium cost me 6.4 on road in May 2010!

Several of the earlier Figos came with a "very special automatic rear power windows". They used to roll down partially all by themselves specially on rough roads.. Mine still does despite Ford's fixes.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 22:32   #6168
BHPian

Hi guys,

Firstly, Moderators please move my post if its not relevant to this topic.

I am thinking of buying the 1.4 DuraTorq Figo Titanium in Panther Black. Question is, Which dealer in Bangalore is the best in terms of service/ after sales experience.

Gentlemen, The floor is yours

Last edited by rk206 : 1st March 2012 at 22:36. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 1st March 2012, 23:36   #6169
Senior - BHPian

@Prass: when I fitted fog lamps, the kit has the switch, wiring and bulbs i 1 bok. And yes the switch was returned to me.
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:19   #6170
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone,
Got my Figo TDCi today.
Got the front fogs, matting, gear lock & side moulding from the dealer.

The ODO read 25 kms when I got the car which seemed reasonable, what do you guys think?

One particular thing that I noticed was the apparent difference in the paint quality on the rear hatch door just above the number plate (material is plastic) in terms of finish/shine/depth. I had to check another car & though the difference was more subtle on that piece, it was still apparent. Has anyone noticed this? Also, there were 2 impressions like something has been slightly pressed by thumb, very subtle but visible. I would post pictures but still wanted to share.

The gear lock is Minda make, however the fitting was shoddy. You are better off getting this fitted from outside.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 2nd March 2012 at 00:21.
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:30   #6171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk206 View Post
Hi guys,

Firstly, Moderators please move my post if its not relevant to this topic.

I am thinking of buying the 1.4 DuraTorq Figo Titanium in Panther Black. Question is, Which dealer in Bangalore is the best in terms of service/ after sales experience.

Gentlemen, The floor is yours
There are now 4 dealers in Bangalore - Cauvery, Lathangi, Metro and Elite.

Cauvery had a good reputation, I don't know if this continues after they shut and re-opened.
Lathangi is strictly average.
Metro is generally a bit more responsive.
Elite is a brand new dealership, so I guess they will be going all out to woo new clients.

Would you want to try the new Elite Ford dealership? Otherwise, I would suggest you head to Metro.
Old 2nd March 2012, 00:49   #6172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi everyone,
Got my Figo TDCi today.
Got the front fogs, matting, gear lock & side moulding from the dealer.

The ODO read 25 kms when I got the car which seemed reasonable, what do you guys think?

One particular thing that I noticed was the apparent difference in the paint quality on the rear hatch door just above the number plate (material is plastic) in terms of finish/shine/depth. I had to check another car & though the difference was more subtle on that piece, it was still apparent. Has anyone noticed this? Also, there were 2 impressions like something has been slightly pressed by thumb, very subtle but visible. I would post pictures but still wanted to share.
Congrats on the buy.

Do share the pictures of your new ride. The difference in paint shade above the rear license plate is obvious in my car too.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc03538.jpg  

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 2nd March 2012 at 00:56.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:05   #6173
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Figo TDCi today.
Congratulations blackfire_9! One simply doesn't announce his purchase of a new car without pics here. Please post some as soon as you get time. From which dealer you got it? Can you please share price and discount details if you don't mind.

Quote:
Seems perfect. Most probably means that your Figo was used only for testing at company and for a bit moving around in stockyard. When was it manufactured?

Quote:
One particular thing that I noticed was the apparent difference in the paint quality on the rear hatch door just above the number plate (material is plastic) in terms of finish/shine/depth. I had to check another car & though the difference was more subtle on that piece, it was still apparent. Has anyone noticed this?
Even today, I keep getting confused about it. Not only that part but also on every plastic part (like bumpers), one can sometimes notice difference and sometimes not. I can't conclude if it is due to material difference (plastic vs metal) or because diamond white is a tricky color. You'll see that in few days.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:26   #6174
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wishes guys, I am so thrilled to have finally been able to buy something that I truly fell for. I am just keeping my fingers crossed & hoping that the various issues that have been reported with older Figos do not surface in mine.

I am also relieved to hear that you both have also observed a shade/tone difference between parts. I was almost about to put up a fight but my father & other family members stopped me since they felt it was a petty thing. Mine is a black, so the difference is all the more evident. But like my dad said, if I am too unhappy, would get that plastic part repainted an year down the line. Simple

I got the car for 5.80 lacs on road. I found an acquaintance with the dealer & so got a good deal in terms of accessories. This price included matting, gear lock, door side moulding & fog lamps. Though, the fitting of gear lock was horrible. But we decided to stick with it due to that acquaintance

Will surely put up pics soon & start a thread about it. But I didn't tell you the best part, which was the amount of money I had to spend on getting my love tanked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Congrats on the buy.

Do share the pictures of your new ride. The difference in paint shade above the rear license plate is obvious in my car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Congratulations blackfire_9! One simply doesn't announce his purchase of a new car without pics here. Please post some as soon as you get time. From which dealer you got it? Can you please share price and discount details if you don't mind.

Seems perfect. Most probably means that your Figo was used only for testing at company and for a bit moving around in stockyard. When was it manufactured?

Even today, I keep getting confused about it. Not only that part but also on every plastic part (like bumpers), one can sometimes notice difference and sometimes not. I can't conclude if it is due to material difference (plastic vs metal) or because diamond white is a tricky color. You'll see that in few days.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 2nd March 2012 at 10:30.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:30   #6175
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
Got my Figo TDCi today.
Congrats! That was one hell of an exhaustive research you did Wishing you many happy miles and a new ownership thread.

I am off to Goa night for elections. Will be driving my baby for 4 days before I give her for removing the dent :( SA quoted ~7.5K as charges and said ill have to keep the car for a week. The dent is just below left tail light and the metal has caved in about 1cm. Guys any idea what will they do exactly?

Thanks,

Last edited by akshay380 : 2nd March 2012 at 10:31.
Old 2nd March 2012, 10:59   #6176
BHPian

Quote:
Though, the fitting of gear lock was horrible. But we decided to stick with it due to that acquaintance
Congrats! Do share the pics of the gear lock fitted. I am also planning to get one fitted in my car. I was quoted 1800/- for the same. Its a drill free Pin type MINDA gear lock.

Not really sure how useful the gear lock is in the FIGO.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:04   #6177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Since then, the speedo is behaving in the wierdest way, randomly shooting down during the drive.
I thought there might be some remnant water somewhere and it would be ok as the car heats up. It did become ok.
But then, this morning the speedo dint work at all when the car was moving. And then, suddenly the accelerator stopped functioning in the middle of the highway. Maybe the ECU has cut off the accelerator sensing something amiss. But no warning lights have come up in the dash. Now the accelerator and the speedo dont work.
As gemi as mentioned, the most likely problem is the vehicle speed sensor. I faced the same symptoms on a brand new figo (D) Zxi that I took delivery of just last week - speedometer on the fritz, trip / odo meter not recording distance, and loss of throttle.

Ford Breakdown assistance team took the car, dropped me off at home, diagnosed the problem as a "fault" in the line to the speed sensor, replaced the line and the sensor under warranty and returned the vehicle the next day.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:14   #6178
BHPian

Done the first service of Figo Zxi Diesel yesterday.

Work Done: Washing, Engine oil, Brake Oil, Gear Oil and other General checks.

Cost : Zero

Got the Floor mats and Mud flaps that were pending.

And the car was polished from Inside too.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:38   #6179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
Done the first service of Figo Zxi Diesel yesterday.
===================
And the car was polished from Inside too.
You did not get the engine oil changed?
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:00   #6180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
You did not get the engine oil changed?
Oil change will be at the Second service at 10000kms or 1 year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks