Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 01:56   #6151
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@recshenoy - the extra 35k is worth it, buy the EXi, I just got mine.
I got the music player from the ZXi installed for me in the EXi, and asked the dealer to install the amp from my santro, he refused saying any splicing of the wires will void the warranty.

The peace of mind and ergonomics,of a factory fitted cant be got on an after market fitting. And, you will void the warranty if you do an after-market fitting.

Hope this helps.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 03:58   #6152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@recshenoy - the extra 35k is worth it, buy the EXi, I just got mine.
The peace of mind and ergonomics,of a factory fitted cant be got on an after market fitting. And, you will void the warranty if you do an after-market fitting.

Hope this helps.
oh yeah! agree. 35K though lot of money for me i guess I agree with peace of mind since in Mangalore we have only 1 dealer and if he starts saying "Since you have after market power window, no warranty" etc will be a problem for me.We dont even have an alternative. I guess i will better be with EXI paying that premium for auto lock and the power windows.

anyways i guess power windows will cost 7K and may be auto lock around 3-4K. so differences would be around 20-25K. May be I have to trade off this 25K in the name of warranty

Any other thoughts people? any one has gone for LXI and got power windows and auto locks fitted from Showroom itself?
Old 1st March 2012, 09:28   #6153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Any other thoughts people? any one has gone for LXI and got power windows and auto locks fitted from Showroom itself?
I've an LXi. All the Ford dealers offer power windows for LXi from the showroom itself without voiding warranty. But they don't offer auto-lock since non-company auto-lock fitment is a safety risk. And yes, fitting it outside will void warranty.

What EXi has which LXi doesn't have-
1. Front power windows
2. Intelligent central locking
3. Programmable keyless entry
4. Engine immobilizer (PATS)
5. Fabric insert on door trim
6. Passenger vanity mirror on sunvisor
7. Removable parcel tray
8. Remote boot open (electric)
9. Left hand outside mirror
10. Full wheel covers

My view-
1. Being an owner of LXi myself, I sorely miss electric boot open (embarrassing to give out key to guard at mall entries so that they can check my boot) and engine immobilizer (to have peace of mind when parking at shoddy areas).
2. I would also like to have central locking with keyless entry but would not pay extra for it if I could go back in time and buy Figo again.
3. I hardly felt need for power windows.

Hope it helped
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 12:12   #6154
Senior - BHPian

I think the Exi was the most VFM variant at launch time. Probably with all the price/feature corrections by ford, this has been lost.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:39   #6155
BHPian

+1 to gemi. I too own a 2010 EXI and was a true VFM choice at that time. Now it has lost its VFM quotient owing to the price increase and deletion of Tacho and ICE. Even the ZXI has lost its charm. Now i find the TITANIUM version, the best pick.

I sorely miss the USB function in the ICE. Initially i thought that the system is same as ZXI except the BT feature. Later i came to know that it doesn't support USB cable too. Using CD or an AUX irritates me a lot.
Old 1st March 2012, 13:02   #6156
Senior - BHPian

Whats the on raoad price of the EX and the the top end? My brother picked a year back and he seemed to have got a good deal.

Quote:
oh yeah! agree. 35K though lot of money for me i guess I agree with peace of mind since in Mangalore we have only 1 dealer and if he starts saying "Since you have after market power window, no warranty" etc will be a problem for me.We dont even have an alternative. I guess i will better be with EXI paying that premium for auto lock and the power windows.

anyways i guess power windows will cost 7K and may be auto lock around 3-4K. so differences would be around 20-25K. May be I have to trade off this 25K in the name of warranty

Old 1st March 2012, 13:07   #6157
BHPian

Dear all

I am facing the strangest issue in the FIGO 1.4 TDCi.

I had given the car for a wash in the nearby pump since work had kept me really busy this week.
(they had done the engine bay cleaning as well)

Since then, the speedo is behaving in the wierdest way, randomly shooting down during the drive.
I thought there might be some remnant water somewhere and it would be ok as the car heats up. It did become ok.
But then, this morning the speedo dint work at all when the car was moving. And then, suddenly the accelerator stopped functioning in the middle of the highway. Maybe the ECU has cut off the accelerator sensing something amiss. But no warning lights have come up in the dash. Now the accelerator and the speedo dont work.
I drove 6 Kms with idling engine to bring the car to office by shifting gears without accl.

Really bad timing since this is my busiest week at work, and I dont have the time right now to take it to FASS.
What could be wrong? Is there any DIY thing I could do to disable the ECU from cutting off the accl. temporarily? Reset ECU or something.

FYI the car is OCT 2011 Exi

Any help is welcome! thx
Old 1st March 2012, 13:47   #6158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I've an LXi.

Hope it helped
Thanks DevilsCry. If I have all manual window, no engine immobilizer, no auto lock then I really won’t feel upgrade. Plus my 97 zen even has remote boot opener so if I have to get up every time to open boot on LXI. I will feel as if I have done a downgrade instead of upgrade I guess I will stick to EXI instead of LXI paying 35K for feel of upgrade and peace of mind. Else I won’t feel the difference of upgrade from current good old zen other than noise of diesel engine and power steering. Thanks a ton for team bhp members for detailed inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
+1 to gemi. I too own a 2010 EXI and was a true VFM choice at that time.
I sorely miss the USB function in the ICE. Initially i thought that the system is same as ZXI except the BT feature. Later i came to know that it doesn't support USB cable too. Using CD or an AUX irritates me a lot.
I asked this question to showroom guy, "It has no USB but just AUX". He said,"sir you can get AUX to USB cable" He said so confidently that for a moment i thought its really possible and as simple as using a cable. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Whats the on raoad price of the EX and the the top end? My brother picked a year back and he seemed to have got a good deal.
lohithrao, EXI is 6.1 after all discounts. prices have gone up a lot for Figo compared to last year i guess. How much your brother had paid. I guess even he had ICE and tacho in the car since its previous year model.

But looking at other cars and chance of tax hike etc, i thought "Ok at 6.1 i will settle for this than buying or waiting for some other car. If all is well and I have some money after 3-5 years i will buy some other" and booked figo after TD-ing Polo, Rapid,i20,Beat D,Figo,ANHC 2012

Just curious, do they fit rear power windows in showroom? That’s the only thing I really want to feel that car is complete
Old 1st March 2012, 14:08   #6159
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious, do they fit rear power windows in showroom? That’s the only thing I really want to feel that car is complete
Sorry, no. There's not even space to put a motor in rear door so fitting aftermarket is not possible. You will have to live with it along with the fact that it slides down to only like 60%.
Old 1st March 2012, 14:08   #6160
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious, do they fit rear power windowst in showroom? That’s the only thing I really want to feel that car is complete
No. AFAIK, I have not come across anyone who has fitted rear power windows in Figo, Showroom or outside.

Quote:
k at 6.1 i will settle for this than buying or waiting for some other car.
Also regarding the 6.01L OTR, the high road taxes in KA dont help either along with increase in ex showroom prices.

Last edited by akshay380 : 1st March 2012 at 14:24.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 14:19   #6161
BHPian

Quote:
I asked this question to showroom guy, "It has no USB but just AUX". He said,"sir you can get AUX to USB cable" He said so confidently that for a moment i thought its really possible and as simple as using a cable. LOL

lohithrao, EXI is 6.1 after all discounts. prices have gone up a lot for Figo compared to last year i guess. How much your brother had paid. I guess even he had ICE and tacho in the car since its previous year model.
Same thing was told by my SA too. He also said said that BT can be activated using a cable worth Rs 400-500/- At the end he mentioned that the figo is most VFM "Hutch-back" and i was sure about his knowledge of cars

On the other note, i got the EXI TDCI on road in just 5.05 lacs with the ICE & Tacho. Got the Fogs (3k) and chrome front strip (250 Rs.) as paid accessories.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 14:26   #6162
Senior - BHPian

Thanks folks. yeah I checked with many, even googled, team-bhp search too. Dint find any one doing this upgrade. Even showroom people were clueless.

Ford should have given an option to get rear power windows fitted for interested folks. yeah fine it goes down only 60% but I am a gadget lover and want those cool rear power windows in car just to feel that its complete despite no one using it

Folks look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ctures-51.html

The Ex-showroom was 4.72 for EXI (with Music system 13K + tacho AFAIK). Now ex-showroom is 5.13L for EXI diesel, ex-showroom which is like 50K more compared to same vehicle 2 years back + Expensive Karnataka taxes make OTR as 6.15
Old 1st March 2012, 14:36   #6163
BHPian

Quote:
The Ex-showroom was 4.72 for EXI (with Music system 13K + tacho AFAIK). Now ex-showroom is 5.13L for EXI diesel, ex-showroom which is like 50K more compared to same vehicle 2 years back + Expensive Karnataka taxes make OTR as 6.15
Oh my God

I bought my petrol LXi barely 6 months ago for 3.9 lac. Given such a massive price difference of 2.2 lac, one could consider buying a petrol LXi from Delhi, registering it there & all and have it transported to Karnataka. The saving is so great that you wouldn't need diesel and could install tonnes of gadget gizmos (including installing motor on rear windows), even voiding the warranty and still not worry about it!
Old 1st March 2012, 14:56   #6164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Since then, the speedo is behaving in the wierdest way, randomly shooting down during the drive.
But then, this morning the speedo dint work at all when the car was moving. And then, suddenly the accelerator stopped functioning in the middle of the highway. Maybe the ECU has cut off the accelerator sensing something amiss. But no warning lights have come up in the dash. Now the accelerator and the speedo dont work.
It surely must be that the pressure wash has overdone its job. The speedo sensor must have given in. The accelerator not working must be something related to this. Ford has got something called 'limp mode' which kicks in when the ecu realizes something is wrong with the engine functioning. But the accelerator not functioning at all seems to be something different. You would surely need a visit to the a.s.s.

Must surely be something minor related to the sensors. DOnt worry.
Old 1st March 2012, 15:21   #6165
BHPian

@kart19 - please call Ford Roadside Assistance - Ford India Private Limited - Roadside Assistance.

And yes this is a problem with High Pressure washing, I am going to try out the steam washing http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...wash-what.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks