Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 22:53   #6136
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
My Figo is giving some noise from below the car if I drive it on a slightly rough road. The noise is something I used to get in my Xeta when the hub alignment was incorrect. Not sure what is happening here, it could well be in suspension as well. Any suggestions for doing some quick checks before I go to Ford service station on Saturday?
It's the jumping rods rubbing against the cross member - take the car to the workshop, have it lifted on the ramp, the mechanic would stick an irod bar/rod between the jumping rods at both sides, left and right and push them away from the cross member.. should solve your problem!
ridinthru' is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 08:06   #6137
BHPian

Thanks a ton guys! Now I know what all I should be asking for at workshop. Another thing I noticed yesterday was that when my wife was as well in the car, the noise was reduced. I think someone had mentioned about this in the thread to check by asking the co-driver to sit behind driver while on test drive to check the noise.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:06   #6138
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Could be due to bad stabilizer bar links/bushings also. Ask the service centre for a thorough check of stabilizer bar assembly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
It's the jumping rods rubbing against the cross member - take the car to the workshop, have it lifted on the ramp, the mechanic would stick an irod bar/rod between the jumping rods at both sides, left and right and push them away from the cross member.. should solve your problem!

Yes. There should be some min clearance between the stabilizer bar and the frame (do not know the correct technical term). It is done as mentioned by ridnthru. This happens when the car is not driven properly in bad roads.

OT: Have seen a Grey Figo Titanium (no: 7969 )with team bhp sticker in the OMR road regularly. The car seems well maintained .
Old 29th February 2012, 12:17   #6139
BHPian

Has anybody got Pin Type Gear lock fitted in their FIGO?

Harpreet Ford quoted me 1800/- for the same. They are installing MINDA Drill-Free Pin Type gear lock. Any reviews?
Old 29th February 2012, 12:43   #6140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
This is commonly done by mechanics and sometimes not an accurate diagnosis. They wont be able to replicate the actual weight transfer experienced by the stabilizer bar on bad roads, using a rod to measure the slack. I would recommend taking out the stabilizer bar and manually inspect the bushes for any damage or deterioration.
Old 29th February 2012, 12:53   #6141
Senior - BHPian

@ALL: An update regarding the fog lamp switch. I can confirm that the fog lamp switch is present in EXi, ZXi & Titanium (which now already has factory-fitted fogs). Though the initial price quoted to me was 4100 INR (for the fog lamp kit), upon stressing that the ZXi has a switch, they came down to 3000 INR.

What I take back from this episode is that one has to be careful, at least when it comes to Ford for such things because I can't digest that the dealer would not be aware of such things.

Moving on, are there specific things that one should check before taking delivery? I went through the PDI checklist provided here on TBhp, but is there anything in particular w.r.t the Figo, then please share that guys.

@dhinchak: I am getting the gear lock installed but not sure if it's Minda or some other make. The price quoted to me was also 1800 INR, however, you could get gear locks for Figo from outside for about 1200 INR. I can check with a friend who got it fitted from outside.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 29th February 2012 at 12:54.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:10   #6142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
@ALL: An update regarding the fog lamp switch. I can confirm that the fog lamp switch is present in EXi, ZXi & Titanium (which now already has factory-fitted fogs). Though the initial price quoted to me was 4100 INR (for the fog lamp kit), upon stressing that the ZXi has a switch, they came down to 3000 INR.
Are you saying that ALL ZXI models have this switch? Mine is from the first lot delivered in June 2010.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:31   #6143
BHPian

Quote:
Are you saying that ALL ZXI models have this switch? Mine is from the first lot delivered in June 2010.
I dont think so. You can check it yourself by turning on the park lights and pull the knob towards you. The switch with fog lamps support can be pulled to two notches, the one without this cannot be pulled.

Edit: My friend's Zxi had to change the switch while installing the fogs, the car was May 2010 model IIRC.

Last edited by Prass : 29th February 2012 at 13:33.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:54   #6144
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry, I should have been more explicit. The initial batches did not have those switches. It was only after some time that these switches were incorporated.

But the changes had been done in 2010 itself & the 2012 models still retain them. Have no idea on the LXi though since there was none present where I went for the check.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
I dont think so. You can check it yourself by turning on the park lights and pull the knob towards you. The switch with fog lamps support can be pulled to two notches, the one without this cannot be pulled.

Edit: My friend's Zxi had to change the switch while installing the fogs, the car was May 2010 model IIRC.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:36   #6145
Senior - BHPian

@Prass, My Dec 2010 Figo ZXi had a switch which could be pulled 2 stops, but while installing fog lamps, I had to change the switch too.
Old 29th February 2012, 15:42   #6146
Senior - BHPian

Did the dealer by any chance say that the wiring is not present though the switch is present?

I have a feeling if he said so, he may have pulled a fast one on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Prass, My Dec 2010 Figo ZXi had a switch which could be pulled 2 stops, but while installing fog lamps, I had to change the switch too.
Old 29th February 2012, 20:48   #6147
BHPian

Quote:
Have no idea on the LXi though since there was none present where I went for the check.
I just checked the switch on my LXi. It does pull out two notches. So switch for fog lamp is present on LXi as well. So, I had been lied to. Oh Ford dealers, always trying your best to dupe your customers?
Old 29th February 2012, 21:10   #6148
Senior - BHPian

Question to Figo TDCi owners:

Which engine oil(s) do you guys use?

From what I gather, there are not many options available in the market for 5W30 diesel specific engine oils. So, what are the options in terms of mineral, semi-synthetic & fully-synthetic?

Drive safe everyone.
Old 29th February 2012, 23:06   #6149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Quote:
Did the dealer by any chance say that the wiring is not present though the switch is present?

I have a feeling if he said so, he may have pulled a fast one on you.
I too feel the same.
@wildsdi5530, Did the dealer return the original switch back to you? If not, then most probably they would have overcharged you.It cost me 2.5K for the Switch when I changed mine( Apr 2010 model Exi) and they returned the original switch to me.

IF anyone is going for a fog lamp installation, pls check the original switch and new switch (if the dealer insists on changing the original ) side by side before installation and make sure if there is any difference. Also ask them to return your original switch.

Last edited by Prass : 29th February 2012 at 23:09.
Old 1st March 2012, 01:28   #6150
Senior - BHPian

Folks please help me between Figo LXI and EXI diesel. Noticed that a premium of around 35K that i am paying between these two just for some fancy like power window and auto lock which can be very well fitted from outside i believe. Will this void warranty if i get them fitted from outside?

I dont see any other differences between EXI and LXI! Kindly advice if my observation are correct!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks