Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 11:21   #6091
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

In my case, it was with my wife and my kid.
SushantV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 15:38   #6092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
If I may ask, was your car loaded with more than 1 person at the rear during those journeys?
As Akshay380 has replied,My car was loaded with 5 people through the streets of chennai , 4people with a lot of luggage in bangalore , didnt seem to scratch any of the speed breakers especially in Sarjapur and Marathahalli. Did come across broken down patches of roads and huge speed humps but all went well. Speed was at 10-15km and as mentioned earlier tyre pressure was at 30 psi all around.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:50   #6093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
As Akshay380 has replied,My car was loaded with 5 people through the streets of chennai , 4people with a lot of luggage in bangalore , didnt seem to scratch any of the speed breakers especially in Sarjapur and Marathahalli. Did come across broken down patches of roads and huge speed humps but all went well. Speed was at 10-15km and as mentioned earlier tyre pressure was at 30 psi all around.
With 4-5 people on board + luggage, you should have tyres inflated to 36 (front) and 41 (rear) according to the user manual. You were driving with underinflated tyres - which is generally not a very good idea.

BUT, I am heartened to see that you, just like me, did not have any underbody scraping issues. I have had my Figo for just under 2 years now. Haven't scraped the bottom anywhere, as long as I drove sensibly.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:57   #6094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
With 4-5 people on board + luggage, you should have tyres inflated to 36 (front) and 41 (rear) according to the user manual. You were driving with underinflated tyres - which is generally not a very good idea.

BUT, I am heartened to see that you, just like me, did not have any underbody scraping issues. I have had my Figo for just under 2 years now. Haven't scraped the bottom anywhere, as long as I drove sensibly.
Your Right above increasing the Tyre pressure,but on an average, 7 times out of 10, there are only 2-3 people in the car,so its kind of weird to keep changing the tyre pressure just for those odd trips. For example,Roadtrip from chennai to bangalore had only 2 people in the car with some luggage. Once in Bangalore,few friends joined in and the car was packed. So i couldnt increase the tyre pressure just for that outing
Old 21st February 2012, 22:07   #6095
BHPian

^^ Thanks for all your inputs. Just back from a test drive of a latest Figo (petrol version though as diesel td vehicles were older) with 5 people on board testing through some real bad roads and speed breakers and the vehicle did very well. There were a couple of places where it scraped the bottom but majority of the cars would do scrape as well. Gear shift was not smooth perhaps due to it being a TD car. Did not like the aircon controls but consider the pricing, it is ok.

The basic accessories include mud flaps, boots mats, 3M paint protection free and the vehicle is available for delivery. TDCI Titanium is Rs. 6.93L on road in Chennai (cheaper than Vista ZX & Liva GD SP) and with alloys standard, makes it a real VFM proposition. The vehicle is available in max 15 days.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:14   #6096
Senior - BHPian

@sushantV: Rather than drill holes in the bumper, I've stuck a white vinyl to the bumper in the shape of a number plate with the numbers on it. More than 1 year down the line it is still as it was when installed.
Old 21st February 2012, 22:27   #6097
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford has launched a special Titanium Plus accessory pack for the Figo, priced at Rs. 15,990/-. This includes cost of installation at the dealership.

Details -

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled.gif

If you book it/buy it online, you will get 15% discount plus get 50% off on an exclusive 3M Interior Treatment Package.

An official video from Ford with details of the same:-

Fill this form at Ford India's website to get them, if you want the pack -

Ford India Private Limited - Figo Accessories Offer

Optionally, you can contact your nearest dealership for the same.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 08:09   #6098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@sushantV: Rather than drill holes in the bumper, I've stuck a white vinyl to the bumper in the shape of a number plate with the numbers on it. More than 1 year down the line it is still as it was when installed.
Hey, would you be able to post a pic ? This sounds like a good idea.
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:29   #6099
BHPian

Hi,

Checked with a Service Manager at Cauvery Ford and according to the information available with the showroom, there have been no changes done to increase the ground clearance. However on his insistance and reading how most others on the forum have had no issues with the GC, am taking another TD of the Figo.

Did not bother checking the GC before the last TD, as I was under the impression that TD vehicles usually are overinflated. Will check/ correct the air pressure before the TD tomorrow.

P.S: Am located in Bangalore, forgot to update.

Last edited by TheDoctor : 22nd February 2012 at 17:31.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:17   #6100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
Hi,

Checked with a Service Manager at Cauvery Ford and according to the information available with the showroom, there have been no changes done to increase the ground clearance. However on his insistance and reading how most others on the forum have had no issues with the GC, am taking another TD of the Figo.

Did not bother checking the GC before the last TD, as I was under the impression that TD vehicles usually are overinflated. Will check/ correct the air pressure before the TD tomorrow.

P.S: Am located in Bangalore, forgot to update.
I don't think that there is any new change to the GC. It still stands 168 (unladen). However, from what I heard from the dealers in Chennai (two different dealers), there were some changes to the suspension which does not decrease the laden GC like earlier. Hope we get some official confirmation from Ford Motors, which I think is unlikely as it may lead to a lot of current figo owners queuing up for upgrade.
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:22   #6101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
^^ Thanks for all your inputs. Just back from a test drive of a latest Figo (petrol version though as diesel td vehicles were older) with 5 people on board testing through some real bad roads and speed breakers and the vehicle did very well. There were a couple of places where it scraped the bottom but majority of the cars would do scrape as well. Gear shift was not smooth perhaps due to it being a TD car. Did not like the aircon controls but consider the pricing, it is ok.

The basic accessories include mud flaps, boots mats, 3M paint protection free and the vehicle is available for delivery. TDCI Titanium is Rs. 6.93L on road in Chennai (cheaper than Vista ZX & Liva GD SP) and with alloys standard, makes it a real VFM proposition. The vehicle is available in max 15 days.
Sridhar K

I got my tdci titanium for 6.65L on road in Dec11, has the price increased so much? or was there such a hefty discount on Dec manufactured cars.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:53   #6102
BHPian

^^. Sorry. I have not been following Figo prices at all until last week and hence unaware of the Dec discounts/recent price hike.
Old 24th February 2012, 00:24   #6103
Senior - BHPian

@ALL: Any idea if the chrome body side protection moulding is available with the dealerships separately i.e. outside of the Titanium Plus pack? If yes, at what price?

These look way better than the normal black ones.
Old 24th February 2012, 01:38   #6104
BHPian

Couple of changes to the 2012 Ford Figo ZXi & Titanium editions are
1) Tilt steering
2) The Audio system now has USB
Old 24th February 2012, 11:12   #6105
BHPian

Thanks for all your reviews, I own a Ford Figo Zxi Diesel Now.

The pro's and cons mentioned here enabled me to take a well informed decision.

I wont say that Figo is the best car available but I would certainly say that its the best one that I could one currently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks