Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2012, 09:21   #6076
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Finally I took the delivery of my Figo Titanium Diamond White yesterday. Was quite a hectic day. The dealer was trying to pull a fast one on me by giving me SP series sunfilm in the RE box :P Since I had the 3M RE on my Alto previously, I told the install guy that the film is not what I want. Now they are placing order for the RE film and I'll have to get it done after couple of days.

As soon as I got out of the showroom, I headed to the Reliance Auto Zone, Gurgaon where I got a couple of things done:
1) Got the stock tyres (Apollo Acceler 175/65R14) to Michellin Energy XM1+ 185/65R14 for 6800 bucks (balancing and nitrogen filling included)
2) Got Llumar AIR75 sunfilm installed on the front windshield for 6300/-
3) Picked up couple of My Shaldan Lime fresh car perfume tins.

The car looks solid and definitely better in the white. With the XM1+ the ride is very smooth. With the little upsize (6.5mm) and 10mm width increase, the steering is little harder than stock but it doesn't feel bad. The braking is definitely better (probably the ABS is playing its role).

Music system is my biggest gripe. I asked the dealer to keep the music system for 10K (the new one costs odd 19K) and he told that he'll let me know in a couple of days. (BTW any LXi/VXi owner wanna buy ?????) My friend is in the US and I ordered Infinity Reference 6830cs component speakers for the front, for him to bring back. Will see if that makes any difference. I just intend to use those fronts with the Clarion 10" sub and Kenwood 8401 amplifier in the boot. But the lousy stock system doesn't have pre outs and I don't think the speaker level input would cut it.

I drove just 20km yesterday and the initial impressions were positive. Coming from the gasoline stable, I was little skeptical about the diesel engine noise in the cabin but I am glad i was proved wrong. The ride is fairly silent, more so because of the Michellins.

Would be posting the pics after I get the car cleaned up. With yesterday's work its quite messy now. The side and rear sunfilm installation is still pending which I'll get done tomorrow.

Last edited by SushantV : 20th February 2012 at 09:22.
Old 20th February 2012, 09:36   #6077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushantV View Post
Finally I took the delivery of my Figo Titanium Diamond White yesterday. Was quite a hectic day. The dealer was trying to pull a fast one on me by giving me SP series sunfilm in the RE box :P Since I had the 3M RE on my Alto previously, I told the install guy that the film is not what I want. Now they are placing order for the RE film and I'll have to get it done after couple of days.
Congrats on your new buy. Happy mile crunching. Do keep posted about the tyre performance. I am intending to replace my tyres soon. It has run through its life now and i intend to change to 185/ 65. Did you get that Michelin for Rs 6800 a piece or was it the exchange price of the stock tyres you traded with him?
Old 20th February 2012, 09:44   #6078
BHPian

Thanks.

6800 was the exchange price for set of 4. The price quoted by him was 4725 otherwise.
SushantV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 09:47   #6079
BHPian

Quote:
Finally I took the delivery of my Figo Titanium Diamond White yesterday.
SushantV, Congrats on your new car.

Do let us know whether they you find the headlights inadequate during highway drives. One of the my friends says he is unhappy with the headlights of his Figo. I have heard similar complaints about the headlights from others as well.

Yeah, definitely, Figo looks its best in While.
Old 20th February 2012, 12:43   #6080
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
given B'lore is the capital of speed breakers -
- Adjust/maintain air pressure (max is around 40 for full load
I really don't have a complaint with Figo's ground clearance so far.
Absolutely -BLR is the manchester of speed breakers.
How do you manage the ride with 40psi. My car is jumping at 34 & 39 with Good Year GT3 (also more tire noise).

@SushantV - Congrats and you have done a good thing by changing to XM1+. Go for full carpet mat now itself.

Last edited by RGK : 20th February 2012 at 12:46.
Old 20th February 2012, 14:08   #6081
BHPian

My tyre pressure is 32psi (as reported by the guy who changed my tyres) and the ride is very comfortable. I wouldn't mind sacrificing the mileage by a bit, if that entitles me for the comfort like this. The drive is super smooth. The michelins even out the road like anything. It might be the comparison to the old Alto I had, I just can't get over praising the ride quality.

Going for the seat covers (liked some jute ones, they look different and wouldn't be as sweaty as the PU ones) and the floor mats. The mats given by the dealer are good for nothing.

Here are few pics that I clicked while taking the delivery:

A question on the front number plate. How did you guys manage to install it ? I could see that there is only one nut in the center of the front bumper.

I somehow managed to hang it but when my permanent number plate shows up, I'll have to have some rigid fix.

Any suggestions ?
Old 20th February 2012, 14:14   #6082
BANNED

Congratulations ! another Figo joins the team!. I too have a Mar'11 Figo Titanium D that too white - done 20 k already and am enjoying every bit of it. Hope you have an enjoyable ride too!
Old 20th February 2012, 14:30   #6083
BHPian

Many many congratulations SushantV for picking white Figo Titanium! Happy miles and revving!

Even I keep mere 30psi in all tyres in my Figo. Mileage drops by only 1kpl to give me sheer comfort.
Quote:
A question on the front number plate. How did you guys manage to install it ?
Simply screw the number-plate in black area of the bumper, making holes in it. There's nothing wrong in it. All Figo's get front number-plate this way.
Old 20th February 2012, 16:19   #6084
Senior - BHPian

I am not really happy after the new firmware upgrade for solving the stalling issue. Though the stalling issue has been solved, the engine is a lot more noisy, less smooth.

Third gear which used to be very peppy has now become sluggish. The flip side is that the 4th gear has become a lot more peppier than before. But the turbo lag in third is miserable and it never seems to overcome the lag with linear power delivery. But the mileage remained more or less the same.

All in all, I had to compromise on smoothness, sound and performance to get the stalling issue resolved!
Old 20th February 2012, 18:04   #6085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
You might want to check if the TD Figo was manufactured before Sept'11 or after it. I've noticed that Figo owners prior to Sept'11 complain about ground clearance while owners after Sept'11 (like me) don't find ground clearance a problem. It's quite possible that Figo's suspension was updated in Aug'11.
Just spoke to a Figo salesman in Chennai Ford who claims that the Figo's manufactured before 6 months had the problem and it has been fixed in the recent batches. Will be taking a test ride tomorrow to check it out.
Old 20th February 2012, 18:28   #6086
BHPian

^^^
I can confirm that there are no ground clearance issues in the current batch. I was little scared about that one and I was driving too cautiously to avoid any under body scrapping. But later I thought of just testing out the thing and even after my numerous desperate tries, I was not able to get he underbody touch any bumper etc.

No worries on that front.
SushantV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2012, 23:34   #6087
BHPian

It just amazes me how my figo and ford`s technicians and Mr. Michael Boneham himself have not yet found a cure for my car`s door lock problem after carrying rectification of the same for 5 times at the least.

I will tomorrow update my own figo issues thread.You guys will get the drift about what all has been happening between last few months.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 20th February 2012 at 23:38.
Old 20th February 2012, 23:50   #6088
BHPian

Quote:
^^^
I can confirm that there are no ground clearance issues in the current batch. I was little scared about that one and I was driving too cautiously to avoid any under body scrapping. But later I thought of just testing out the thing and even after my numerous desperate tries, I was not able to get he underbody touch any bumper etc.

No worries on that front.
SushantV

Your Right, I have a dec11 manufactured Figo. Drove to Pondi as well as bangalore and didnt scrape even 1 speed breaker. Tyres are at 30psi all around. The trip included broken down roads as well. So its safe to say that there has been some work done to the suspension.
keshav1426 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 11:01   #6089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
SushantV

Your Right, I have a dec11 manufactured Figo. Drove to Pondi as well as bangalore and didnt scrape even 1 speed breaker. Tyres are at 30psi all around. The trip included broken down roads as well. So its safe to say that there has been some work done to the suspension.
If I may ask, was your car loaded with more than 1 person at the rear during those journeys?
Old 21st February 2012, 11:21   #6090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
If I may ask, was your car loaded with more than 1 person at the rear during those journeys?
If I may answer, My car, a Oct 11 man Figo 1.2, was loaded with 5 passengers, all well built and with sizable luggage in boot did not scrap on any speedbreaker in Goa, encountered (9-10) in 300km drive. Only issue was some squeaks coming from rear left suspension which were fixed by greasing the components. Hope this helps.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks