Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 22:33   #6016
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Mate, can you please put up the details here about the process. I am sure it would come in handy at least as an information for all of us here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I already have watched this video and read about it in another forum. The process is quite messy. Attempt it and I might end up at F.A.S.S. to fix the wiring and losing my warranty. I would skip it. Thanks nonetheless
Old 5th February 2012, 23:15   #6017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
The main thing would be the ground clearance. I travelled with 5 people on board through some steep speedbreakers in chennai. It did not scrape even once.
I have gone through Streets with poor lighting and felt that the headlights give adequate illumination for my use.
Same here. May be Ford fixed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I have seen many owners here in Goa installing 2 DIN touch screen players, i too have put a simple single DIN pioneer player in my Mom's 1.2 base version.
Thanks man. Just when I gave up, you encouraged me to search more and I finally found on another forum that there are loads of Figo owners with aftermarket stereos. Confidence boosted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
In the diesel Figo, there is not much happening after about 3000rpm. It is irritating at times.
Yeah agree! So lifeless above 2,400 RPM. Ford could simply cap engine to 2,800 RPM and it would not make any difference. So annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Mate, can you please put up the details here about the process.
Edit (Off-Topic): Ford Figo official thread crosses 6,000 posts and 400 pages

I'm putting up my Figo's 3,100km within two days. Any idea where to post? Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports or Long-Term Ownership Reviews?

Last edited by GTO : 7th February 2012 at 14:57. Reason: Please do NOT attempt to post links that the system filters out. Thanks
DevilsCry is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 22:09   #6018
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Got my car back after 20k service on Saturday. After starting I immediately found the increase of engine noise (Anil's observation was right). I feel the engine makes raw sound. When checked with the senior technician, he said it was due to ECU upgrade and become normal after driving few kilometres..

I went for software upgrade on SA's recommendation eventhough I did not have any stalling. More about the service experience in my ownership thread.

My colleague did 10k service at Navi Mumbai on Sunday. The bill was 6800/- as he went for synthetic oil. He says the engine has become smooth after this service. He has completed 10k in a span of 5 months (car was bought on 15th Sept 2011) and says "absolutely fine and not even a small problem so far". Felt happy when heard.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:45   #6019
Senior - BHPian

@RGK: This is true of all car service. The car generally comes back in a worse state than what you gave it in. I've noticed this in Alto, Honda City and Ford Figo and Fusion.
Old 7th February 2012, 18:50   #6020
Senior - BHPian

^^ So basically, it would be best to avoid getting any sort of upgrades unless the stalling problem is being faced, right?
Old 8th February 2012, 08:41   #6021
BHPian

Hey guys, my Figo's 3,200 km update thread is here. Check it out if you want to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-summary.html

blackfire_9, you got the thread I promised

Regarding "worse state after service", it's yet to be seen what happens later. The ECU's data has been reset after being updated. It will take time for ECU to re-learn things and adjust accordingly. Comments are reserved till such users report more.
Old 8th February 2012, 09:09   #6022
Senior - BHPian

@Devilscry: Does Figo have an adaptive ECU? IMO the ECU is calibrated and can only be remapped. It does not learn according to driving style, partial pressure of O2, fuel quality, etc.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:20   #6023
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^ So basically, it would be best to avoid getting any sort of upgrades unless the stalling problem is being faced, right?
Quote:
Regarding "worse state after service", it's yet to be seen what happens later. The ECU's data has been reset after being updated. It will take time for ECU to re-learn things and adjust accordingly. Comments are reserved till such users report more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Devilscry: Does Figo have an adaptive ECU? IMO the ECU is calibrated and can only be remapped. It does not learn according to driving style, partial pressure of O2, fuel quality, etc.
It is not correct to say that upgrades should be avoided. The upgrade is a fix for stalling issue and should not harm the existing performance. In my case, the engine noise is felt more. In the new ECU software, the duration of open position of injectors are reduced. This is the info had from a technician.
Thought of driving more kms and take to the SC if it continues.

Last edited by RGK : 8th February 2012 at 12:33.
Old 8th February 2012, 23:54   #6024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Does Figo have an adaptive ECU? IMO the ECU is calibrated and can only be remapped. It does not learn according to driving style, partial pressure of O2, fuel quality, etc.
Sorry, I didn't mean like ECU is adaptive. I think ECU does job of balancing ignition timing between mileage and avoiding knocking. That would explain raw noise from the engine, right? I'm not very sure though.

To all

Has anyone ever used the 12V power socket in Figo? If yes then for what purpose? I'm thinking to use my phone + portable speakers which draws power from 12V socket. I don't want a full blown music system. What do you guys think?
Old 8th February 2012, 23:58   #6025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean like ECU is adaptive. I think ECU does job of balancing ignition timing between mileage and avoiding knocking. That would explain raw noise from the engine, right? I'm not very sure though.

To all

Has anyone ever used the 12V power socket in Figo? If yes then for what purpose? I'm thinking to use my phone + portable speakers which draws power from 12V socket. I don't want a full blown music system. What do you guys think?

My sister uses the 12V socket for her cellphone charger. I'm quite certain speakers can use it too provided you have the correct power accessories.

I believe the max. o/p current rating is 10A.

Regarding ECU being adaptive - I guess you guys are limiting yourself to Figo - is that correct? I think some do cars have adaptive controls that fit to drivers' style in the first few minutes of driving.
Old 9th February 2012, 00:02   #6026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
My sister uses the 12V socket for her cellphone charger. I'm quite certain speakers can use it too provided you have the correct power accessories.

I believe the max. o/p current rating is 10A.
Sorry for stupid question but is the power AC or DC?

And, from where you got the wire and for how much? What's output port like? Are output ports a bunch of USB ports?
Old 9th February 2012, 00:08   #6027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And, from where you got the wire and for how much? What's output port like? Are output ports a bunch of USB ports?

The power is 12C DC, max 10A. It is in the car's manual I believe.

She has a Nokia charger - standard car charger accessory. For your speakers you just let the guy selling them to you know that you want to run those off the car's 12V "cigarette lighter" port and he should be able to give you a DC-DC downconverter. Most electronic equipment work off 5V DC.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 10:36   #6028
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for putting up your ownership thread, it was detailed yet precise.

And yes, I did get the link. Thanks for that again

You have a PM.

Quote:
Hey guys, my Figo's 3,200 km update thread is here. Check it out if you want to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-summary.html

blackfire_9, you got the thread I promised
Old 9th February 2012, 14:17   #6029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Regarding ECU being adaptive - I guess you guys are limiting yourself to Figo - is that correct? I think some do cars have adaptive controls that fit to drivers' style in the first few minutes of driving.
I think all cars in the sub 10L segment would have a fixed ECU. Spider makes a piggyback ECU which is adaptive. Not sure about the more expensive cars. Infact I don't think any stock ECU is adaptive including the big 3. Gurus advice.
Old 11th February 2012, 09:03   #6030
BHPian

Quote:

I use the 12V socket to charge my GPS. Initially i was apprehensive about using it,the reason being that everytime i connect the GPS charger to the 12V socket of my previous car (Ford Ikon),the Fuse blows. Tried it on a highway trip in the figo and it works just fine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks