Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 19:43   #5971
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

devilscry, my replies inline in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Around purchase time, my satisfaction level with the car was 'ok, this is a cheap car, I accept'. With time, satisfaction level is increasing and is now hovering at 'happy to get more bargain than what I paid for' these days.

Good to know that.

I'm writing 3000km update these days in assembly section which contains some significant changes from initial impression. By when do you/your friend has to buy Figo? I will try to complete the 3k km report by then.

Thanks mate, we plan on buying the car by the end of this month

The refreshed Titanium model is now one of most VFM cars in India if not the most. It has alloy wheels (with awesome design unlike most of stock alloys), airbags/ABS, fog lamps, rear washer & wiper (and many more features, I don't remember all) over ZXi. You might want to check about Titanium. I feel that if you want ZXi, you will end up buying Titanium.

I agree but Ford seems to have tasted success with the Figo & they have increased the prices a lot over the past one year. A close friend of mine had bought the Titanium around April last year for 6 lacs & today it is costing 6.45 lacs.

But sadly, I am already stretching my budget with the ZXI & can't take it any further. So, it's gonna be ZXI for me, though the only reason I am even buying it is for the tachometer (to be honest). I hate the bland console of the EXI.

In case you didn't know, you should know that Figo doesn't have rear power windows (across any model) and that the rear windows don't scroll down more than 60%. I don't find them a problem but you may hate it.

Thanks for the pointer mate, & it is not a botheration for me.

@ALL: I checked out the EXI & ZXI today evening. The only differences are as follows:

1. ZXI has a tachometer, EXI does not.
2. ZXI has red & black seat fabric, EXI has bluish.
3. ZXI has stereo (same as Titanium), EXI does not.
4. ZXI has silver accented gear knob & door handles on inside, EXI has black.
5. ZXI has rear defogger, EXI does not.
6. ZXI has tilt steering, EXI does not.
7. ZXI has chrome lining on front, back & on sides (surrounding the indicator), EXI has black.
8. ZXI has lamp in boot, EXI does not.
9. ZXI has body coloured door handles & OVRMs, EXI has black.

Also, it is only the Titanium that had the plastic console sort of thingie around the handbrake lever. In LXI, EXI & ZXI, the handbrake lever is like in Maruti 800, with only a covering. No plastic cubby holes around it whatsoever. I mean, this is cheap at Ford's end, how much would that cost. Any idea if this can be fitted in the ZXI, if yes then at what cost? The dealer however said NO

And you are paying 30K more over the EXI for this.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 31st January 2012 at 19:46.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:20   #5972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
it's gonna be ZXI for me, though the only reason I am even buying it is for the tachometer (to be honest)
I just put my Figo into diagnostic mode and I get digital tachometer on trip-meter screen for free. Just letting you know.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:23   #5973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
That could very well be due to the car purchased in November was actually manufactured pre June 2011 when models had different trims. For eg my dealer had on sale, a June 2011 manufactured 1.2 Figo ZXi which came with E-OVRMs and rear wiper. My Oct 2011 manufactured car didnt come with these features.
Sorry for replying late but i checked with my friend and his is an old model TDCi .I guess ford has skimped on some features which is just plain sad.He took the older one which was lying around after seeing the that new exi models are without tachos,Aftermarket ones are difficult to put and will surely void warranty as told by the dealer!

Quote:
In LXI, EXI & ZXI, the handbrake lever is like in Maruti 800, with only a covering. No plastic cubby holes around it whatsoever. I mean, this is cheap at Ford's end, how much would that cost. Any idea if this can be fitted in the ZXI, if yes then at what cost? The dealer however said NO

And you are paying 30K more over the EXI for this.
Its called deluxe floor or something.I think it can be fitted by the dealer,wildsdi5530 wanted to do it but the matter was left there. Pressurize your dealer on this matter
post2194380

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 31st January 2012 at 21:29.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:33   #5974
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea when the changes were made to the Figo lineup? Be it the tachometer removal on the EXI or Electric mirrors from the ZXI.
Old 31st January 2012, 21:39   #5975
BHPian

Quote:
I just put my Figo into diagnostic mode and I get digital tachometer on trip-meter screen for free. Just letting you know.
I dont think this is a replacement for a tacho One can have a tachometer with an android phone and a OBD port scanner as explained in the following thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...p-display.html

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 31st January 2012 at 21:40.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:58   #5976
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any idea when the changes were made to the Figo lineup? Be it the tachometer removal on the EXI or Electric mirrors from the ZXI.
2nd November. You can look up "Figo tilt steering" on google to know when the changes were made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
I dont think this is a replacement for a tacho One can have a tachometer with an android phone and a OBD port scanner as explained in the following thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...p-display.html
I know I am resorting to cheapest available solution

When I saw the thread you linked, I was like "Whoa! What kind of black magic is this? Must have it in my Figo even if it is expensive!" Until I realized that it is just a phone with huge screen and black tinted windscreen.

I will surely try to get a permanent tachometer (either phone or some screen). As of now, having trip-meter screen is making me lazy to get a real tachometer.

Last edited by DevilsCry : 31st January 2012 at 22:00.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:52   #5977
BHPian

Figo 1.2 ZXi 2200km update
Drove 800kms in 4 days
drove through some amazing jungle roads via Ambeghat. Banged the car just below rear tail light while reversing. Thanks you a short brooken pole :( Yet to fix it as SA said ill have to keep the car for 7-8 days. First servicing is done. SA talked about replacing a brake caliper or something which ill do next time when I am in Goa. Overall a very good experience in Goa. DTE was reading 554/559kms on both tank fulls with came to 12.4km/L with full load, AC 100% and almost all highway driving. Seems I will have to drive with light foot.

Since nothing was changed during first service except usual checkups, Till what point can I rev my car in 2/3/4 gears now?
Old 2nd February 2012, 01:29   #5978
Senior - BHPian

@Rambo1o1: the deluxe floor could not be fitted without removing the whole center panel. I was sceptical about this as I did not want any new rattles to raise it's head.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:15   #5979
BHPian

I emailed Cosworth (salesindia@cosworth.com) to talk about ECU remapping increasing performance and mileage in Figo 1.2L petrol. I got reply from Sarvesh Shah, Cosworth (sarvesh.shah@cosworth.com) which is as follows-

Q. Can mileage be increased (say by 1kpl) without sacrificing torque at any RPM?
A. This can be done, but depends on your car's current consumption, condition & driving style.

Q. Can performance be increased (say by 5-10BHP at 4000 RPM) without sacrificing mileage?
A. Even this can be done.

Q. Can you design a software to upgrade my ECU? Addition of other things like air filter or air intake & manifolds are also welcome (within reasonable costs).
A. All our product costs are reasonable - Remap Rs 16000, Stock replacement panel air filter Rs 4200 & a Carbon Fibre Exhaust Muffler Rs 11400 (We can work out a package deal if you are interested to go ahead with these).

Q. Would the setup void my warranty?
A. This would not void the warranty as the dealerships cannot make out that the ECU is remapped.

Q. Would my vehicle be needed for testing?
A. No, it is not required for testing; all our products are tried & tested.

Does someone has further questions? If yes then please contact Cosworth or me. I'll ask them again. As for trying any of above things, I'm still thinking as costs involved are high. Don't forget to post results on T-BHP if you contact Cosworth or try their products

Last edited by DevilsCry : 2nd February 2012 at 12:17. Reason: Addition of last line
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:27   #5980
BHPian

Quote:
I emailed Cosworth (salesindia@cosworth.com) to talk about ECU remapping increasing performance and mileage in Figo 1.2L petrol. I got reply from Sarvesh Shah, Cosworth (sarvesh.shah@cosworth.com) which is as follows-

Q. Can mileage be increased (say by 1kpl) without sacrificing torque at any RPM?
A. This can be done, but depends on your car's current consumption, condition & driving style.

Q. Can performance be increased (say by 5-10BHP at 4000 RPM) without sacrificing mileage?
A. Even this can be done.

Q. Can you design a software to upgrade my ECU? Addition of other things like air filter or air intake & manifolds are also welcome (within reasonable costs).
A. All our product costs are reasonable - Remap Rs 16000, Stock replacement panel air filter Rs 4200 & a Carbon Fibre Exhaust Muffler Rs 11400 (We can work out a package deal if you are interested to go ahead with these).

Q. Would the setup void my warranty?
A. This would not void the warranty as the dealerships cannot make out that the ECU is remapped.

Q. Would my vehicle be needed for testing?
A. No, it is not required for testing; all our products are tried & tested.

Does someone has further questions? If yes then please contact Cosworth or me. I'll ask them again. As for trying any of above things, I'm still thinking as costs involved are high. Don't forget to post results on T-BHP if you contact Cosworth or try their products
Wow! Quite a few things going on wrt Petrol Figos. Hmmmm. I have been thinking of this or RRP as well though not right away.

What happens if ECU crashes and dealer sends it to Ford? I think they can find out if it was remapped. No?
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:02   #5981
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Have given my car for 3rd Service (20k) due to the earlier completion of time period even though I have done only 18.5k.

Checked with the SA regarding the software upgrade (ver 76.6) eventhough I did not have stalling issue(only once so far that too in 2nd gear). He recommended to go for it.

Rubber beeding (inside the cowl) came out during my wash. Asked to check completely. This issue happened after the windshield change which was not properly done. Given a small list of problems especially squeaks in the dash, rear etc.. Informed the manager to take 3 days and deliver on Saturday.
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:08   #5982
BHPian

Quote:
What happens if ECU crashes and dealer sends it to Ford? I think they can find out if it was remapped. No?
I don't know if remapped ECU can crash or not. But IMO if Ford checks a crashed ECU, they will find out that it was messed with and you will lose your warranty.

I'm waiting to see if KiloAlpha and tharian will meet up and compare a stock Figo with the modded Figo http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...igo-1-2-a.html.

Akshay, if you live in Banglore (your location says Goa/Banglore), you might be interested in helping tharian comparing his modded Figo with your stock Figo. What say?
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:10   #5983
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know if remapped ECU can crash or not. But IMO if Ford checks a crashed ECU, they will find out that it was messed with and you will lose your warranty.

I'm waiting to see if KiloAlpha and tharian will meet up and compare a stock Figo with the modded Figo http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...igo-1-2-a.html.

Akshay, if you live in Banglore (your location says Goa/Banglore), you might be interested in helping tharian comparing his modded Figo with your stock Figo. What say?
I have already informed him that I want to join along when he is visiting RRP next time. Will join them for testing as backseater though. Car is in Goa. :(

Quote:
OK so couple of days back I ended up with this while reversing in a narrow jungle road in Goa. What are my options. Taking the car for first service tomorrow so would be happy if I get some pointers.
I showed this to body shop guy @ service center and the chap said it will take 7/8 days to fix this. Approx will come to 6.5K if insurance not applied for. I think thats a pretty long wait. What you guys think.

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd February 2012 at 14:58. Reason: Merging as per request.
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:30   #5984
BHPian

Hi,

I have some amount of dashboard noise. Its not rattles, but some low noise which seems like two things are vibrating together and causing the noise. It happens only when I go on rough patches. On smooth roads, there's no noise at all.

Also, when engine is harsh (when slightly lugging) during upshifts, the vibrations are felt.

I keep the tyre pressure 36 F, 38 R, and usually drive alone. So, could this be due to higher tyre pressure?

I have done 3 visits to Ford service center, and they are not able to resolve this issue. The SA says, they have looked at it, and the noise is from Air-Bag compartment, and they can't fiddle with Air-Bag compartment. But, I feel the noise is not just from the left side (where Air-Bag is), but also from middle and right side of the dashboard. So, I think I will have to do another visit, and talk to a different SA, and take him for an elaborate TD.

Has anyone experienced this? Any inputs on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:32   #5985
Senior - BHPian

drove for 600-700KMs after the 30K service. No smoothness observed after the service, prominent engine noise and a probable drop in mileage, is this expected?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks