Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 12:25   #5896
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
guys who did their 30K service, could you post your costs? Talera chinchwad is charging me >5K. they say that the diesel filter is to be changed and the newer design of the filter requires the heater assembly of the filter also to be changed, which cost me around 1300/-. I am going to complain, but just want to hear from others!
THe cost should be under 4K. Mine came to 4.5K including a new oil sump cover since my old one had a small dent/scratch. I did not do wheel alignment / balancing.

Have not heard of any heater assembly being changed due to design change. Please update when you get info.
Old 17th January 2012, 12:22   #5897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas

THe cost should be under 4K. Mine came to 4.5K including a new oil sump cover since my old one had a small dent/scratch. I did not do wheel alignment / balancing.

Have not heard of any heater assembly being changed due to design change. Please update when you get info.
Ask for the part number of the item they are asking 1300 for. It might be just at it is something that Ford needs to upgrade but the A$$ is asking money for it.
Old 17th January 2012, 12:34   #5898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Ask for the part number of the item they are asking 1300 for. It might be just at it is something that Ford needs to upgrade but the A$$ is asking money for it.
The part number is 2S6Q9J294B9A.

I called up the RSM (thanks to my stalling issue this guy knows me well now) and he ensured me that he would do something about it. And later I got a call from SC that the amount has been waived as a good will gesture. Its price is 900 w/o taxes and 1147 with taxes in Pune.

The new design fuel filter is recently introduced and the ones who go for 30K service henceforth would be charged the same. I am neck deep in work otherwise I would have taken this up for everyone, but ford smartly waived this off for me. But I feel this part should be replaced (for those who got their 30K service done already, it would be at 60K) free of cost as long as this is under warranty. So if your 30K service is due please beware!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 12:38   #5899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
guys who did their 30K service, could you post your costs? Talera chinchwad is charging me >5K. they say that the diesel filter is to be changed and the newer design of the filter requires the heater assembly of the filter also to be changed, which cost me around 1300/-. I am going to complain, but just want to hear from others!
Did you check with the customer care of Ford?

BTW, I have heard one story from one of my relative who owns a Ford Fiesta Diesel about servicing in Talera. He went there for wheel bearing replacement. They quoted him Rs. 6500 for one wheel bearing. Shocked, he turned back to look our for it. Suddenly one person came out of the service center who said, sir don't try to find it outside, you'll not get it. Ford does not allow SKF to sell it outside. He said he can get a bearing for about 2500. Upon questioning, he said, it would be from some other Fiesta. I think you'll get the picture. My relative declined the offer.

I live in PS area and was thinking to get future servicings done at Talera but now I intend to continue with Planet Ford even if means travelling 20 kms distance.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:09   #5900
BANNED

Got my 30K fusion service done up at Delhi Ford vasant kunj.
I am sharing details here as engine is the same as the figo's tdci. Car was taken in at 0930 hrs and handed over to me at 1330 hrs.

The bill was 3646/- and included some extra jobs.

Extra jobs-

1. Glove box fixed - was not closing smoothly
2. One of the Horns was replaced under warranty. It was sounding slightly different. The SA agreed and decided to change it instead of checking/repairing it.
3. Gear cables were adjusted to ensure a smooth shift from 2nd to 1st which was earlier notchy.

I am attaching a copy of the bill. Overall a very pleasant experience. This was my first time at delhi ford and it is highly recommended to ford vehicle owners in delhi.

PS - for a change, thorough washing and cleaning was carried out.

V.IMP! PPS - 3 days ago, i had visited noida ford service center. Its a new ford dealer in noida ever since south city ford closed down. The amenities and equipment at that place was superb though no body is ready to do any work. I approached 3 service advisors who knew me as they were earlier working in south city. They would just say that it would be done, where as no action took place in that 1 hr of waiting in spite of my regular approach towards them. One of the technicians who used to work at south city is now a service advisor there. Also most of the technicians are newbies.

In short, let me use some slang and define my experience at noida ford. Yahan sab log officer(pronounce as affaer) hain, aur technician saare pappu (newbie) Hain. Noida ford should be avoided, if possible.

And now the Delhi Ford Vasant kunj bill.

Name:  image2218465235.png
Views: 7255
Size:  811.5 KB

Delhi Ford 30K fusion tdci bill.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th January 2012 at 16:11.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 17:51   #5901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Delhi Ford 30K fusion tdci bill.
Thanks for sharing Mustang. Two questions:

1. Was there no need to change fuel (diesel) filter? Figo 1.4 requires change every 30k km's, is it different for Fusion?
2. Did they fill 4.x ltr of engine oil? Can't read the bill properly but certainly it's more than 4 litres. Figo 1.4 requires 3.8 with oil filter.

PS -In case you have not noticed, your mobile # is visible in the bill above.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 18th January 2012 at 17:55.
Old 18th January 2012, 18:20   #5902
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla
Thanks for sharing Mustang. Two questions:

1. Was there no need to change fuel (diesel) filter? Figo 1.4 requires change every 30k km's, is it different for Fusion?
2. Did they fill 4.x ltr of engine oil? Can't read the bill properly but certainly it's more than 4 litres. Figo 1.4 requires 3.8 with oil filter.

PS -In case you have not noticed, your mobile # is visible in the bill above.
1. I had got the fuel filter changed on the 20k service by paying extra.

2. Will check on this.

PS - that is a fake mobile number, my real mobile number was written by me in ink above it.

EDIT - spoke to SA. He says he added the rate for oil in L for the 1.6 fusion and accepts his mistake. He will refund the amount on my fiesta service.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th January 2012 at 18:29.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 00:13   #5903
BHPian

Is the GD version of PCM software giving less mileage per liter?

Till the time I had the company version (don't know which version it is and it stalled the car 4 times till I got it updated) it gave me 17.5 kmpl in city last winter (Jan 2011) and 19.5 kmpl on highways (50% AC) in October 2011.

But after I got it updated to GD, mileage has dropped to 16.3 kmpl in city and 17.3 kmpl on highways in winters (no AC) at constant 80 to 90 kmph speed.

Tyre pressure is 35psi all tyres. Any tips to improve mileage?

Which is the better way to calculate mileage? Brimming the tank or stopping filling it at cut off? After cut off the tank takes in around 2 to 2.3 lts of more diesel.

Car has run 9k kms till date and is Mar 2010 model.
Old 20th January 2012, 08:34   #5904
BHPian

I paid close to six thousand for 30k paid service at harpreet ford gurgaon. I will now compare my bill with the one posted by mustang above. In anycase the car has to visit the service centre for the stalling problem. Had almost 5 stalls yesterday. And the most dangerous part is that it happens when the clutch is pressed at a certain speed. At low speeds it does not stall. My car has done about 31.6k kms. Could this issue be related to injectors not cleaned properly during the service?
Old 20th January 2012, 09:46   #5905
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha
I paid close to six thousand for 30k paid service at harpreet ford gurgaon. I will now compare my bill with the one posted by mustang above. In anycase the car has to visit the service centre for the stalling problem. Had almost 5 stalls yesterday. And the most dangerous part is that it happens when the clutch is pressed at a certain speed. At low speeds it does not stall. My car has done about 31.6k kms. Could this issue be related to injectors not cleaned properly during the service?
Did you get the firmware update done? You can compare with my bill although my bill does not include the cost of the fuel filter which is expensive. They did not change the fuel filter. Rest everything, you can compare.
Old 20th January 2012, 10:15   #5906
Senior - BHPian

^^ Guys, is there any way to check if fuel filter actually needs replacement? One of my friends is being asked to change the filter prematurely.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:43   #5907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
^^ Guys, is there any way to check if fuel filter actually needs replacement? One of my friends is being asked to change the filter prematurely.
Actually for the kind of fuel we get here, fuel filter may not retain its optimum performance for more than 20K kms, it might conk off if the fuel quality is bad and inconsistent.

Ford suggests 30K may be with an intention to spread the costs over different services intervals, but if it is more than 20K it is a good idea to change. But to answer your question, I do not know how to check if it actually needs replacement. What were the symptoms for this diagnosis?

Last edited by anilisanil : 20th January 2012 at 11:44.
Old 20th January 2012, 13:02   #5908
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My 20k service is due now. Getting few rattling noises in the dash and in the left rear.

I had engine stall only once so far. Is it necessary to do the ECM firmware upgrade and clutch adjustment or leave it. Request bhpian's advice on this.

Did a long drive last week and no problems, but my mind subconsciously started thinking that the engine will die when changing gears at speeds. So never did a gear change while overtaking.
Old 21st January 2012, 09:04   #5909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Is the GD version of PCM software giving less mileage per liter?

Till the time I had the company version (don't know which version it is and it stalled the car 4 times till I got it updated) it gave me 17.5 kmpl in city last winter (Jan 2011) and 19.5 kmpl on highways (50% AC) in October 2011.

But after I got it updated to GD, mileage has dropped to 16.3 kmpl in city and 17.3 kmpl on highways in winters (no AC) at constant 80 to 90 kmph speed.

Tyre pressure is 35psi all tyres. Any tips to improve mileage?

Which is the better way to calculate mileage? Brimming the tank or stopping filling it at cut off? After cut off the tank takes in around 2 to 2.3 lts of more diesel.

Car has run 9k kms till date and is Mar 2010 model.
Waiting for your tips and suggestion guys! The owners of diesel figo with GD version please comment on the above post.
Old 21st January 2012, 12:07   #5910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Waiting for your tips and suggestion guys! The owners of diesel figo with GD version please comment on the above post.
I have done 8000kms after the update (41K on odo now).
I have run in city, highways, hills so varied terrain and roads and I have not noticed the drop.

My past 6 FTF mileages are 19.2, 19, 20.4,19.6,18.9,19.4 kmpl.

This has been the consistent mileage that I have been getting.

I do not think there is any drop in mileages. Since I do a FTF mileage check every 2-3 weeks I would have noticed it by now.

Tyre pressure is 36psi.
Since it is winter I think the engine should behave better so mileage should increase isnt it ?

I think there is some other factor at play here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks