Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:32   #5866
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post

Worst - Goodyear GT3 - Shoddy pattern, Excessive noise & steering vibes.
Philips 60/55 ExtremeVision
I have GT3. Yes agreed the noise is excessive, but do not have any vibration. In the initial batches everyone complained about Apollo having problems in Figo, I opted for GT3.
Extreme vision is better than OEM, but no so great. As rightly said, always do the alteration after the warranty period.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:48   #5867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I have GT3. Yes agreed the noise is excessive, but do not have any vibration. In the initial batches everyone complained about Apollo having problems in Figo, I opted for GT3.
Could be because my Figo was having incorrect air pressure at delivery. I drove on GT3s only for a day :-) Initially Apollos had issues, then they were stopped by Ford & again appeared later.

Even the sales guy agreed that Apollo is the best among 2 (MRF was not available in the stock then). But i wanted a white Figo & only GT3 was available on it. Checked the possibility of swapping with another car in the yard but was unsuccessful.
Old 4th January 2012, 23:18   #5868
BHPian

Quote:
Experienced my first engine stalling yesterday. Waiting to happen again before going for the fix.
Also my gear shift has become very smooth now, a slight push to neutral from 2nd makes it 3rd. Is this due to wear and tear of rubber bushes or the gear shift is really butter now?
i have had a engine stall but so far its been due to high gear low speed situations, However my gear shift for 1-2-3 are not smooth anymore. Showed it to the SA at Alwarpet. They suggested to check the Gear box at the service center, yet to get it done.
Old 5th January 2012, 01:56   #5869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512
Had my first warranty replacement. On Friday, suddenly a thak, thak noise started from the front. On Saturday took the vehicle to Chennai Ford , Ambattur. The problem was with the suspension link and was changed free of cost. The SA also arrested a minor rattle from the door panel by replacing the side foam pad. The charge was Rs.146 for this.The service experience was very good.
They charged you for that. Isn't it something that's not supposed to happen with the car while being in warranty period at the least? (They do not, here in mumbai, if you report to FORD first)
Old 5th January 2012, 10:25   #5870
BHPian

I sent this e-mail yesterday to Ford. You'll understand the purpose, if you go through it. I'll update if there is response from Ford with TSB details. Most likely they'll put me in touch with ASC saying TSB's details are not for customer. Let's see.

Any thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: custmail@ford.com
Subject: Information required for Ford Figo Diesel TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 12:25:20 +0530

Hello Ford,

My name is Amit Singla and I am a user of a Ford Figo Diesel 1.4L Titanium variant purchased under my co's car lease scheme (Regn # xxx). I have got this car on 3rd July, 2011 and it is a 18th June, 2011 manufactured car. Car VIN is xxxx. I am aware that due to constant production improvements and customer feedback, from time to time Car manufacturers like Ford issue TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) to it's authorized service centers to improve/ change/ fix issues which come to notice after the car has been sold.

With that in mind, can I please request you to share with me the list of these TSB's which are applicable to cars made on or after 18th June, 2011 or on or after VIN sequence # xxxxx. My purpose of asking these details is to get these updates done on my car in one go. So far my car has done 17.5k km's and first two free services are done. I am not sure if any of these TSB fixes are already done in my car so need the details. If not already done, I would like to get these done in 20k km service.

I am a member of a famous automotive portal in India (www.team-bhp.com) and based on the discussions there, I think there have been TSB's issued for following issues:

1. ECM software firmware upgrade to "GD" version to reduce engine noise and prevent engine stalling while on the go

2. Thermostat valve/ hose replacement to an improved design to prevent coolant leakage

3. A fix to prevent rattling around C pillars

4. Headlights reflector design improved for better visibility during night driving

5. Some auto tensioner change to reduce sort of grinding sound from engine while in the go

However, I am not sure if the above list is complete/ correct or if there are any other TSB's issued and if any of these are applicable to my car. Also, I think it is better to get the most correct and up-to-date information from Ford itself and hence writing this e-mail in anticipation of a detailed reply on the TSB's applicable to my car.

I understand that customer care will probably need to go to technical team to gather this information, so if even if it takes a week to 10 days time to get back to me, I'll appreciate the effort. I will appreciate your response on this with information and thank you very much in advance. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Regards.
Amit Singla
Phone # xxxx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 12:24   #5871
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
i have had a engine stall but so far its been due to high gear low speed situations, However my gear shift for 1-2-3 are not smooth anymore. Showed it to the SA at Alwarpet. They suggested to check the Gear box at the service center, yet to get it done.
Today went to have this check up done at OMR and asked them to do a general checkup also.They said it is chargeable - Rs 600/-. Told to check the gear shift also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I sent this e-mail yesterday to Ford. You'll understand the purpose, if you go through it. I'll update if there is response from Ford with TSB details. Most likely they'll put me in touch with ASC saying TSB's details are not for customer. Let's see.

Any thoughts?
Very professionally written communication by you. I doubt whether there will be a proper response from Ford.

Heard that MPLFord has sold around 500 Figos in Dec 2011.

Last edited by RGK : 5th January 2012 at 12:30.
RGK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 12:34   #5872
BHPian

Quote:
If that is indeed true then they have sold more than 12% of Figos pan India sales!
Old 5th January 2012, 12:48   #5873
BHPian

Quote:
Today went to have this check up done at OMR and asked them to do a general checkup also.They said it is chargeable - Rs 600/-. Told to check the gear shift also.

Did you have to book an appointment and when have they committed for delivery? i am tired of the Vadapalani service centre. I prefer Alwarpet, however they do only service and for the rest will have to go to Vadapalani, OMR or the to be opened near Pallikaranai
Old 5th January 2012, 15:40   #5874
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Did you have to book an appointment and when have they committed for delivery? i am tired of the Vadapalani service centre. I prefer Alwarpet, however they do only service and for the rest will have to go to Vadapalani, OMR or the to be opened near Pallikaranai
Yes I booked an appointment and prefer OMR always. Their load is very high now and yesterday they have handled around 50 cars in two shifts (Generally the load is more in MPL as Chennai Ford is located faroff). They committed delivery today evening, but cancelled the service job and taken the car as I need to go out immediately. Planning to do next week.

Pallikaranai will be be ready only after 19th Jan.
Old 5th January 2012, 22:31   #5875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I sent this e-mail yesterday to Ford. 1. ECM software firmware upgrade to "GD" version to reduce engine noise and prevent engine stalling while on the go
Is this applicable only to Diesel or for both?
Old 6th January 2012, 09:27   #5876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Is this applicable only to Diesel or for both?
This firmware upgrade is only for Diesel, as the stalling issue was noticed only in diesel. I am not aware if there is any other upgrade for Petrol, for any other issue or improvement.
Old 7th January 2012, 14:24   #5877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
They charged you for that. Isn't it something that's not supposed to happen with the car while being in warranty period at the least? (They do not, here in mumbai, if you report to FORD first)
The charge was for fixing the minor rattle from the doors. The warranty replacement was done free.
Old 8th January 2012, 04:38   #5878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512

The charge was for fixing the minor rattle from the doors. The warranty replacement was done free.
I am talking about the rattle part only. They shouldn't have charged you. They dont here, at wasan ford and Bhavna if u mail it first to Ford India. As anyways its Quality Problem and it also does come under warranty however the small amount you'd to bear for it.
Old 8th January 2012, 22:35   #5879
BHPian

Got the figo diesel 1.4 Zxi after the 40K service.

Cost me Rs. 3800 including taxes and labor. No wheel alignment/balancing. I thought that was cheaper than most of the cars I have owned in the recent past.

The smoothness after the service is missing. I am not saying that the car is rough or anything but the engine is not butter smooth. Could be that I am paranoid.

Also there is rust forming on my door that the dealership guys have photographed and send to ford. Hope Ford comes back saying that they would repaint the door because rusting should not occur in a year of purchase.

Last edited by figo_mba : 8th January 2012 at 22:37.
Old 8th January 2012, 22:39   #5880
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

Also there is rust forming on my door that the dealership guys have photographed and send to ford. Hope Ford comes back saying that they would repaint the door because rusting should not occur in a year of purchase.
Where on the door? Which door?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks