Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 19:25   #5806

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Not really, but after switching to Shell petrol, seems to be smoother.
I`ve been using Shell too , except for the above trip, as tere was no Shell stations in Pondy.
Old 15th December 2011, 11:50   #5807

Quote:

hey judesat, those are nice figures. Could you let us know what Tyre pressures you maintain and how often you check, this might have been extensively discussed, but just curious.

I used to get 13 km/L in city back home, but in Bangalore its ~11-12 max.
I maintain 33 psi and check once in a month, by the time it would be 30
When i got the car i was advised to maintain 30 psi on all 4 tyres, and this is what i have done. I do a check atleast every 2 weeks (not very religiously though). It took a little time for the car to return these figures, how old is yours ?
Old 15th December 2011, 17:04   #5808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by judesat View Post
When i got the car i was advised to maintain 30 psi on all 4 tyres, how old is yours ?
its more than an year old, but just 5 K on Odo. Did my second service at 2.5K Kms
Old 15th December 2011, 20:02   #5809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I noticed the link, checked it and am fuming with anger now. This is a new Ford dealership and the only one in Ghaziabad/Noida - the guy replaced some rod a month ago to get rid of the noise and now is telling my sister to wait for six months (by that time the rotor will have to be replaced).

I told her to go the the dealership with my driver, demand to see the rate list and call the 1-800 number if overall cost is north of 2k.

Everyone, my sister went to the dealership on Tuesday with my driver. Blasted those guys completely, threatened to call Ford helpline an they changed the brakepads for Rs. 1500.

Well informed is forearmed, and the uninformed get slaughtered. On Monday the same guys were quoting Rs. 7500.

anyway, it ended well.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 20:18   #5810
BHPian

A friend of mine is interested in buying the Figo has been told that there are only 3 variants now. Is it true?

I know that it was initially launched in LXI, EXI, ZXI and Titanium variants. The ford india website still lists all four variants not sure why the dealer mentioned only 3. Can anyone please throw some light?
Old 15th December 2011, 20:38   #5811
BHPian

Quote:
the uninformed get slaughtered. On Monday the same guys were quoting Rs. 7500.

anyway, it ended well.
Good to hear, but still it would be good to bring this to the notice of Ford.
Old 16th December 2011, 09:20   #5812
BHPian

Searching this forum not giving me answers so posting a query here. My Figo petrol is 3 months old. When I run AC at fan speed of 2, I get a mild humming noise which is well within noise and comfort limits.

These days, I have started using heater at fan speed of 1 and 2. At which, it gives slightly more humming noise which is a bit annoying. When I turn heater off, the humming noise is still there. When I turn off the fan, it gets utterly silent (even engine noise never filters through the cabin) which makes me realize how noisy the fan was.

I am not sure if this noise is within acceptable level or if there is a problem. Is it normal for fans to be a bit more noisy when heater is on, as compared to when AC is on?
Old 16th December 2011, 09:56   #5813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post

I am not sure if this noise is within acceptable level or if there is a problem. Is it normal for fans to be a bit more noisy when heater is on, as compared to when AC is on?
I am not sure how much humming noise you get, but fan at 2 sounds like one of those mini servers and fan at 3 sounds a tad bit more than that, hope that helps.

Quote:
Everyone, my sister went to the dealership on Tuesday with my driver. Blasted those guys completely, threatened to call Ford helpline an they changed the brakepads for Rs. 1500.

Well informed is forearmed, and the uninformed get slaughtered. On Monday the same guys were quoting Rs. 7500.

anyway, it ended well.
No it did not end well. IMO she should have anyway reported it to the Ford customer care and demand an explanation, I understand it might be tough, but just shooting a few emails is hardly any trouble and next time onwards they would be careful. BTW which service center is this? Just to caution others who might be reading this thread.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th December 2011 at 11:01. Reason: posts merged
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 09:58   #5814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am not sure how much humming noise you get, but fan at 2 sounds like one of those mini servers and fan at 3 sounds a tad bit more than that, hope that helps.
Yes, you have described it perfectly. Fan at 2 sounds like a mini server. 3 is a bit extreme, making it unusable. Thanks for making it clear. I think that my Figo doesn't have a problem. Thanks a lot mate
Old 16th December 2011, 10:52   #5815

Quote:
its more than an year old, but just 5 K on Odo. Did my second service at 2.5K Kms
Perhaps it'll get better then. Mine is already 24K kms old.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:00   #5816

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
These days, I have started using heater at fan speed of 1 and 2. At which, it gives slightly more humming noise which is a bit annoying. When I turn heater off, the humming noise is still there. When I turn off the fan, it gets utterly silent (even engine noise never filters through the cabin) which makes me realize how noisy the fan was.

My Figo Petrol is over a year old. And the only occasions that I had to use the fan speed at 2 have been those really really hot days, and when my car had been parked right under the sun. Otherwise, I have always found fan speed 1 to be more than sufficient even with 4 people in the car. My point here is that if you are looking for a bit of cooling then just put your fan to a speed of 1. If you don't find this sufficient, then you only need to check your AC compressor, because Figo's compressor is the best-in-class. There have been other pages in this thread where people have mentioned that they switch off the AC now and then to maintain a slightly warmer temperature (true in my case as well). And yes, I agree it's noisy at speed 2; but, that's no matter of concern, since I don't use 2.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:04   #5817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba

Hi shipnil,

many of the bhpians had this issue and some very frequently but now there is a fix available for this. There is a TSB from Ford to all dealers to solve this issue for anyone who faces it. Should take around 1-2hours and is done free of cost.
What is TSB?

As suggested, I will certainly visit service center to get this fixed.

BTW, is 5W30 oil available off the shelf outside dealerships?
Old 16th December 2011, 11:19   #5818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil
What is TSB?

As suggested, I will certainly visit service center to get this fixed.

BTW, is 5W30 oil available off the shelf outside dealerships?
tsb is technical service bulletin that means the technical fix that fird sends all its dealers with instructions on how to fix issues.

I think its available Outside the dealership.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 11:39   #5819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by judesat View Post
I have always found fan speed 1 to be more than sufficient even with 4 people in the car .... And yes, I agree it's noisy at speed 2; but, that's no matter of concern, since I don't use 2.
I indeed have to say that I have never seen a better AC than Figo's. I use fan speed 2 so that cool air can hit rear passengers' face directly. The noise at fan speed 2 is mildly noticeable only when heater is turned on. With heater, fan speed of 1 is enough. During AC, fan speed of 2 is not noisy at all.

So I guess I don't have a problem. I was just being concerned if the air filter in my Figo had got blocked or something. Reading your post tells me that it is not the case.
Old 16th December 2011, 17:06   #5820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

No it did not end well. IMO she should have anyway reported it to the Ford customer care and demand an explanation, I understand it might be tough, but just shooting a few emails is hardly any trouble and next time onwards they would be careful. BTW which service center is this? Just to caution others who might be reading this thread.
Well I mean it ended well for her in this instance. The guys never gave anything in writing so I'm not sure what good would come our of complaints.

I don't know the name of the dealership, but there is only one in Noida (none at all in Ghaziabad).

In fact I was surprised - Delhi has only a few more workshops when compared to Hyderabad !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks