Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2011, 18:55   #5791
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Vina - I think 5k is expensive for brake pads. At 30k+ km's, Figo's suspension, brake pad's, disk's warranty is over (or about to be over at 35k). So there is not much to be voided for using non OE brake pads. I am not sure if Figo brake pads are available in the market. They should be if old Fiesta one's are same. And I think they are different between Titanium and other variants (due to larger rotors in ABS models).

I think they're quoting 4.5k or so, I don't know the exact number, will have to ask my sister.

Also they are saying this is for each set and they'll have to replace for both the front wheels - but then the price doubles.

My M800's brake pads cost 10x less last time they were changed (Driver got it done; those may not be Maruti pads, the car has crossed 1.2L kms so no warranty issues, and Maruti of course has a thriving non-Dealership market even for genuine parts), even now my driver is telling me these guys are fooling us.

Info on other threads says several cars (Swift for example) cost more - is there any reason for that?

Also you wrote that warranty for brake assembly is 35k km (I don't have the service booklet right now, will check later) but can using Bosch pads effect some other warranty?
Old 12th December 2011, 19:36   #5792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla
Apologies if I missed discussion on this. Are they changing only the bulbs or bulb+reflector?

I understood earlier it's the reflector design which is being improved. If it's only bulb, then they are not fixing the root cause. May be that's why there is only marginal improvement.
Only the bulb, not the reflector.
Old 12th December 2011, 20:30   #5793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I think they're quoting 4.5k or so, I don't know the exact number, will have to ask my sister.

Spare parts price list should help:

Ford India - Ford Figo - Ownership

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th December 2011 at 11:17. Reason: quote tags fixed
english is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 21:18   #5794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Ford have to open more SC's as they are constantly selling around 6000 cars a month.
New MPL Sales, Service and Body Shop is going to be opened this/next week at Pallikaranai-Chennai near Toyota showroom. Heard it's a big one.

MPL OMR is asking for a one week's notice for a general service
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 21:22   #5795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everyone

my sister's ZXI has been making noises (while braking) from the front for some time. I told her to get it examined and as I suspected the brake pads need replacement (car has done 30k+, and my sister is not too nice on the brakes).

Now the service center guys are quoting close to Rs. 5k for the replacement - does it make sense? I looked at the rotors and they look fine, also the service center guys didn't recommend any changes to the rotors either.

Also, is there an option of replacing these with non-Ford pads (e.g. Bosch)? How would that effect the warranty?
Ford site gives a figure of Rs 1393/- + labor + taxes for changing the front R& L brake pads.
Old 12th December 2011, 21:28   #5796
BHPian

Quote:
Also you wrote that warranty for brake assembly is 35k km (I don't have the service booklet right now, will check later) but can using Bosch pads effect some other warranty?
I meant warranty for parts which can be directly damaged by brake pads is almost over. I primarily meant rotors. Brake servo, cylinders etc are in warranty for 2 or 3 years as applicable. Voiding warranty for parts will depend on ASC, some even say they can void entire car warranty even for after market sun films!

BTW - front brake pad cost as per link below is only 1,393 and it's on Ford website. Should help you I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Spare parts price list should help:

Ford India - Ford Figo - Ownership
Many thanks for sharing this, English.
Old 12th December 2011, 22:08   #5797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I meant warranty for parts which can be directly damaged by brake pads is almost over. I primarily meant rotors. Brake servo, cylinders etc are in warranty for 2 or 3 years as applicable. Voiding warranty for parts will depend on ASC, some even say they can void entire car warranty even for after market sun films!

BTW - front brake pad cost as per link below is only 1,393 and it's on Ford website. Should help you I think.

Many thanks for sharing this, English.

I noticed the link, checked it and am fuming with anger now. This is a new Ford dealership and the only one in Ghaziabad/Noida - the guy replaced some rod a month ago to get rid of the noise and now is telling my sister to wait for six months (by that time the rotor will have to be replaced).

I told her to go the the dealership with my driver, demand to see the rate list and call the 1-800 number if overall cost is north of 2k.
Old 13th December 2011, 11:38   #5798
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
New MPL Sales, Service and Body Shop is going to be opened this/next week at Pallikaranai-Chennai near Toyota showroom. Heard it's a big one.

MPL OMR is asking for a one week's notice for a general service
Yes Kiku. This workshop will have "all under one roof". Actually this was supposed to come after they closed down the "kanikapuram" (velachery main road) but got delayed for almost an year due to real estate issues.
Once opened this will reduce the load at MPL-OMR.

OMR is always busy and need to get an appointment even for a small checkup.

Ford has to open more service centres with different franchises to have more competition in Service which is not there now.
Old 13th December 2011, 16:30   #5799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by judesat View Post
I get around 13 kmpl in city and around 17 kmpl on highways

hey judesat, those are nice figures. Could you let us know what Tyre pressures you maintain and how often you check, this might have been extensively discussed, but just curious.

I used to get 13 km/L in city back home, but in Bangalore its ~11-12 max.
I maintain 33 psi and check once in a month, by the time it would be 30

Last edited by english : 13th December 2011 at 16:33.
Old 13th December 2011, 16:54   #5800
BHPian

Update on the issue with engine oil leakage, as i had mentioned earlier had given the vehicle for service at Alwarpet service centre, was informed to take it to the Saligrammam service centre to get it rectified. Initially i had delay issues with them, but then it was solved and delayed by a day which was ok by me.They added an O-ring to stop the leakage.
I had earlier been to the service station to rectify Fogging within my headlamp, they did solve it however, the headlamp was not fitted properly and asked them to solve it now. At the time of delivery, i found the fitting to be even worse and when asked the advisor, he was like you should take it back to where you got it fitted and stuff. I was arguing with him for 15-20 mins and finally the Body shop manager intervened and he took the car and sorted it within 10 mins. Bad service advisor, good manager so am glad it went well. I have serious doubts about taking the car back to the saligramam workshop.

During the service at Alwarpet, one other complaint was geat shift was not smooth and felt hard, solution given by them was to lubricate the master box. It worked for a few days but now its back to the harder shift, i took the car to the Alwarpet service station, they acknowledge the fact that its harder, they again have lubricated it. Also, told me to get the gear box checked with the other service centers. I have driven about 19500 kms, does anyone else have experienced similar issues related gear shift?
Old 13th December 2011, 19:14   #5801
Senior - BHPian

Hello ,

This is my first post on this thread after following it for a year now.
I own a Aug 2010 1.2 Exi Figo and have to say that I relate to most of the small irritants the car has to offer that has been mentioned here.
I have tried and kept rattles to a minimum by avoiding rought patches and bad roads. However, the rear left wheel shock absorber creaking comes and goes once a while.
Overall I am happy with the car because I feel it was a very good buy for the extended buget I had at the time when I was car shopping.
One of the important things I wanted was an airy cabin with wide windows so I dont feel claustrophobic and this car had it.
The rest of the positives was realized after I started driving the car. The best being the handling and the weighted feel of the car at high speeds.
The one major disappointment was the engine. Although a 1.2, the power was very low when there are other 1.2's that produce upto 85-86 bhp. Torque is good since it can lug around in 2nd gear and I did not expect a very good fuel effiecieny so I was not disappointed in that department either. 11-11.5 kmpl with a/c in city and around 16kmpl with a/c on highways with speeds around 100-110 kmh.
Since I purchased the car, I have upgraded the tires to 185/65 14 Continental CEC3 tyres and upgraded the headlamps to 100/90 since the stock were pathetic.
More recently a CAI and FFE was fixed at Red Rooster Performance.
The reason being, to get the power were it was required from this engine which was the mid range and top end. Top end I have not checked as yet, initial and mid range has improved and the engine can be redlined very easily now, although I never do except when the car was being tested soon after the modifications.
The upside to this being, no drop in fuel efficiency and better torque and and a slight power increase at the mid range. Not to forget the lovely exhaust note!
Old 14th December 2011, 10:27   #5802
Senior - BHPian

Today I had first scary experience with Figo. It is similar to other members' experience of dying engine while in motion. It happened like this. It is usual stretch of office commute. There is one sharp right. The usual method is I approach the turn at about 40 while gear shifter is in neutral (the road has slope) and just before the turn I start braking and reduce the speed to between 10 and 20 and complete the turn. But today till I shifted to neutral while at 40 and just before the turn as usual I started to brake, the beeps started coming in. I was focussing on turn hence did not pay attention to them but as soon as I started to steer, I felt heavyness and then it hit me that the engine is stalled and there is no power steering. I could not complete the turn with heavy steering and had to brake totally to avoid hitting the curb at the turn.

What could be the reason for this engine dying suddenly? I had it given for second service just the last weekend to Planet Ford, Pune.

Also, how do you ensure they change oils in the service. I checked the oil after returning from service. The color was blackish.

During the service, I had mentioned of some noises like a screw is loose in the boot compartment. But they did not take care of it but were claiming they fixed it. The sound just appears sometimes but could not be heard during short test drive post service at the service center.
Old 14th December 2011, 10:50   #5803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Today I had first scary experience with Figo. It is similar to other members' experience of dying engine while in motion. It happened like this. It is usual stretch of office commute. There is one sharp right. The usual method is I approach the turn at about 40 while gear shifter is in neutral (the road has slope) and just before the turn I start braking and reduce the speed to between 10 and 20 and complete the turn. But today till I shifted to neutral while at 40 and just before the turn as usual I started to brake, the beeps started coming in. I was focussing on turn hence did not pay attention to them but as soon as I started to steer, I felt heavyness and then it hit me that the engine is stalled and there is no power steering. I could not complete the turn with heavy steering and had to brake totally to avoid hitting the curb at the turn.

What could be the reason for this engine dying suddenly? I had it given for second service just the last weekend to Planet Ford, Pune.

Also, how do you ensure they change oils in the service. I checked the oil after returning from service. The color was blackish.

During the service, I had mentioned of some noises like a screw is loose in the boot compartment. But they did not take care of it but were claiming they fixed it. The sound just appears sometimes but could not be heard during short test drive post service at the service center.
Hi shipnil,

many of the bhpians had this issue and some very frequently but now there is a fix available for this. There is a TSB from Ford to all dealers to solve this issue for anyone who faces it. Should take around 1-2hours and is done free of cost.
Please get it done. there is a thread on Engine Stalling here on tbhp.
I had the issue and got it fixed and I can safely say that the car does not stall now.

OT: I think the idea of going in neutral in a slope is not advisable since there there is no engine control available.
Old 14th December 2011, 12:07   #5804

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post

hey judesat, those are nice figures. Could you let us know what Tyre pressures you maintain and how often you check, this might have been extensively discussed, but just curious.

I used to get 13 km/L in city back home, but in Bangalore its ~11-12 max.
I maintain 33 psi and check once in a month, by the time it would be 30
I`m in Bangalore too, and I get 10-11 in city. I just finished my 2nd service and went for a trip to Pondy. On the way back I got my best ever figures of 14.6. I was clocking between 90-110 regularly. I`m not sure if there's been an improvement after the 2nd service or if its just the good roads and steady speeds. Have you noticed a difference after 2nd service?
Old 14th December 2011, 19:22   #5805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomvee View Post
I`m in Bangalore too, and I get 10-11 in city. Have you noticed a difference after 2nd service?
Not really, but after switching to Shell petrol, seems to be smoother.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks