Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 14:21   #5761
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hey Guys,
I had given for the my diesel figo for the third service at Chennai, total bill cost me 4800 bucks, replaced engine oil filter, engine oil, wheel balancing, and wiper blades were replaced. Brake fluid and clutch fluid was not replaced and when asked they said it will be topped up only. At the time of delivery, i was told that there was leak in engine oil somewhere in oil sump area and i would have to take it to the Saligrammam workshop. I took the car on 3rd Dec, they asked me to call on 6th dec to check on status, delivery was for 7th dec. Now when i called, was told that the vehicle has not been allotted yet and will take another 3-4 days minimum and they can't give a timeline. When asked the reason, they mentioned some fire in the service centre and were delays. SA even asked me to come and get the car and bring it back later. I told him that is not acceptable and said by Thursday he will let me know. I spoke to the manager and he said will check and revert. yet to get a call. Getting frustrated with their responses. The day i left the car, they immediately took it to their yard and presume that they are making up reasons for delay on their part.
Old 6th December 2011, 20:41   #5762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Ford have added 3 new features on the Titanium variant of Figo:
-14-Inch Alloy Wheels.
-Tilt Steering.
-USB port for Music System.

Below I'm attaching the pics of New Figo TITANIUM with Alloy wheels.
While I felt not much importance in clicking the pics of its Tilt Steering adjustment knob & USB cable in its Glovebox.
I am feeling like I have been cheated . All the 3 features that I surely missed in my Feb 11 edition Figo Ti Di. Its around 23K(35 - 12(alloys)) more than what I paid before, but I would have preferred all the features integrated.

So what does it take to get the tilt steering
Old 6th December 2011, 21:28   #5763
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey Guys,
Getting frustrated with their responses. The day i left the car, they immediately took it to their yard and presume that they are making up reasons for delay on their part.
You would have had a better experience if you have chosen the workshop in the OMR. They are more transparent and do better. You can speak to the Customer service manager in OMR if your vehicle is delayed further.
Ford have to open more SC's as they are constantly selling around 6000 cars a month.
Old 6th December 2011, 21:57   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
You would have had a better experience if you have chosen the workshop in the OMR. They are more transparent and do better. You can speak to the Customer service manager in OMR if your vehicle is delayed further.
Ford have to open more SC's as they are constantly selling around 6000 cars a month.
I will be talking to the service delivery manager tomorrow, hopefully will get them to work on it and sorted by end of week
Old 6th December 2011, 23:31   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
I am feeling like I have been cheated . All the 3 features that I surely missed in my Feb 11 edition Figo Ti Di. Its around 23K(35 - 12(alloys)) more than what I paid before, but I would have preferred all the features integrated.

I think you are better off without the tilt steering since the tilt steering is a direct lift from Fiesta classic and that has a history of small rattle in sharp corners. Not prominent but definitely there.
I drove a couple of older Fiestas including mine and found that it was there across all Fiestas with Tilt steering.

The problem I am referring to is a small 'tick' 'tick' sound when doing a sharp corner.
Old 7th December 2011, 01:05   #5766
BHPian

Quote:
These features are Introduced later this year, somewhere around Sept-Oct2011.
So, you need not to feel got cheated.
And afterall, these changes came at a price(17k increase), as under its Accessories section like;
-Alloys at Rs.14k for set of 4.
-USB cable Rs.1,000.
& remaining for Tilt steering.

Quote:
Don't miss that feature too much, as IMHO the more you get the dose of technology the more you get messed up in the end.
One of the most Driveable & comfortable cars came with Non-tilt steering like beginning from Maruti 800, Zen, Ford Ikon, Old Swift, i include Ford Figo also.

Just wondering, If the Same driver is going to drive the same car daily, they why do he/she got the need to re-adjust the steering wheel everyday.
If its needed, then its a faulty decision before making his/her purchase.
As per my experience, I still have to find a comfortable driving position in a New Swift(with Tilt Steering), while Sit on Old Swift or Old Zen, you'll always come across a very commanding Driving position.
Old 7th December 2011, 07:04   #5767
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, going for the second service at Planet Ford this Saturday. Is there anything that I should be aware of while doing the second service? Thanks!
Old 7th December 2011, 07:56   #5768
BHPian

Quote:
These features are Introduced later this year, somewhere around Sept-Oct2011.....
Don't miss that feature too much, as IMHO the more you get the dose of technology the more you get messed up in the end.
One of the most Driveable & comfortable cars came with Non-tilt steering like beginning from Maruti 800, Zen, Ford Ikon, Old Swift, i include Ford Figo also.
It was officially launched on 7th November 2011 and i think, cars manufactured post Oct 28/29th are coming with these features. And its quite easy to get a good driving position in Figo unless someone is abnormally proportioned.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:19   #5769
h.k
BHPian

i own a figo, it has clocked 22000 kms, i am not very happy with the quality of the car, this is my 22000 kms report.
+Points
spacious
good driving position
good boot space
good pricing
service is affordable till now.
awesome gears

spring sound from back side
refinement not upto mark,
reasonable mileage, about 14kms to a lit if diesel.

verdict: its not a mistake if you buy this car.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:50   #5770
BANNED

Quote:
Just wondering, If the Same driver is going to drive the same car daily, they why do he/she got the need to re-adjust the steering wheel everyday.
Tilt steering makes the highway driving convenient. Normal position is for city driving and tilt down is for long highway runs. It is relaxing for your hands.
Old 7th December 2011, 14:21   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
i own a figo, it has clocked 22000 kms, i am not very happy with the quality of the car, this is my 22000 kms report.
+Points
spacious
good driving position
good boot space
good pricing
service is affordable till now.
awesome gears

refinement not upto mark,
reasonable mileage, about 14kms to a lit if diesel.

verdict: its not a mistake if you buy this car.
I guess ford cut corners for the figo! But engine noise and refinement was known to be poor right from the day it was launched! Your mileage figures seem a bit low as compared to other members mileage figures,they can help you!

I have a petrol figo at home, used by my mom. Besides the average engine, pickup and mileage, which we knew before hand, there is nothing else wrong with the car! No squeaks, slight rattle which came and went by itself, but absolutely touchwood! its only done 9k km so cant really say how long it will remain niggle free.

Hope you able to sort out your car troubles and be able to enjoy it!
Old 7th December 2011, 22:22   #5772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
These squeaks are rectifiable, got mine corrected during 1st service, the sound hasnt reappeared (doing good @20K).
Old 8th December 2011, 12:01   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
These features are Introduced later this year, somewhere around Sept-Oct2011.
So, you need not to feel got cheated.
And afterall, these changes came at a price(17k increase), as under its Accessories section like;
-Alloys at Rs.14k for set of 4.
-USB cable Rs.1,000.
& remaining for Tilt steering.

If its needed, then its a faulty decision before making his/her purchase.
As per my experience, I still have to find a comfortable driving position in a New Swift(with Tilt Steering), while Sit on Old Swift or Old Zen, you'll always come across a very commanding Driving position.
Both me and wife drive the car. All the settings get changed and reset invariably Even for single driver, having tilt steering makes sense when one has to drive in city and long highway drives. And since I am tall, I would have definitely got some side benefits with the tilt wheel

One correction to my cost assessment. Effective cost would have been 18.6k(35 - 12.4(alloy) - 4(Fog lamp)). When I bought the car, it was 5.5L ex-show room and now its 5.8L. I am not a big fan of cable hanging from the HU. So I prefer to use the Bluetooth and play songs from my phone.
Old 8th December 2011, 17:46   #5774
BHPian

Need some help here.

I took the delivery on monday the dec-5th and from tuesday, I've been having this weird issue with my car. The engine check light (the one below the odo meter with an exclamation mark with a circle or maybe a sprocket around it) blinks sometimes continuously for some time and then it vanishes. It happens some times. No particular pattern or so, But when it happens, engine doesn't rev past 2500k RPM. I took it to the A.S.S but they said nothing is wrong after doing the diagnosis through the OBDII scanner. By the nature or the problem, I think there might be a loose sensor/malfunctioning sensor/a blown fuse? maybe?

Any suggestions on what to be done?
Old 9th December 2011, 06:55   #5775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids

Both me and wife drive the car. All the settings get changed and reset invariably Even for single driver, having tilt steering makes sense when one has to drive in city and long highway drives. And since I am tall, I would have definitely got some side benefits with the tilt wheel

One correction to my cost assessment. Effective cost would have been 18.6k(35 - 12.4(alloy) - 4(Fog lamp)). When I bought the car, it was 5.5L ex-show room and now its 5.8L. I am not a big fan of cable hanging from the HU. So I prefer to use the Bluetooth and play songs from my phone.
+1 to this. I drive, my wife drives and my driver drives the car. Not right to assume that only one person will drive it daily. I am keen on the tilt steering and have been waiting for a while for the same. Please let me know if anyone has the cost of fixing the tilt steering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks