Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:12   #5716
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
So you are surviving on 40% of fuel tanks for last three weeks? Which means your daily run should be very less. Diesels require at least 5-6 kms before they can warm up, so if you are running less then by all probabilities you are not warming up and hence the roughness!

So what is your question?
Thats a good one, the question is has any one tried this or not yet, and another question is that if any one can post photos of the headlight setup with a Relay setup.
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:28   #5717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan
In addition to Figo ZXi, Figo TITANIUM differs in having;
-Airbags & ABS.
-6-Speed Intermittent wiping.
-Lower console around Handbrake.
-Front fog lamps(got few weeks back).
-Alloy wheels.
-Rear Wash wipe.
-Power ORVMs.

Recently Ford've added;
-Tilt Steering.
-USB port
to ZXi & TITANIUM.
-Alloy wheels are added to TITANIUM variant only.

ABS roughly adds up another Rs.20k over the corresponding variant pricing.
Ritz VDi ABS at my place costs Rs.5.57 lacs, ex-showroom(pre recent 2k increase).
Apart from ABS, Airbags, Alloys and front fog lamps, my Zxi has the rest of the things. I took mine in October 2010. And in November that year Ford was giving alloys with the Zxi. I had seen new alloys with the newer deliveries of Zxi at the the dealership.

Now I think recently they have launched a special edition.

Has anyone noticed that below the steering wheel just above the pedals there seems to be some kind of Serial Port? Can anyone clarify what that port is for? AFAIK it was for the USB but I may be wrong
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:52   #5718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Has anyone noticed that below the steering wheel just above the pedals there seems to be some kind of Serial Port? Can anyone clarify what that port is for? AFAIK it was for the USB but I may be wrong

That is the OBD port. On Board diagnostics. Bluetooth OBD readers are available and coupled with android phone apps (even iOS apps) you can use that for figuring many items like fuel intake, most of the sensor outputs etc. It is very much fascinating if you ask me. There is even a thread on it.
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:00   #5719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba

That is the OBD port. On Board diagnostics. Bluetooth OBD readers are available and coupled with android phone apps (even iOS apps) you can use that for figuring many items like fuel intake, most of the sensor outputs etc. It is very much fascinating if you ask me. There is even a thread on it.

Can we also connect to it with serial to USB connectors for laptop? would love to know more about what goes on with my car
Old 23rd November 2011, 18:07   #5720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Thats a good one, the question is has any one tried this or not yet, and another question is that if any one can post photos of the headlight setup with a Relay setup.
Ah yeah! One of the fellow member (whose handle I obviously forgot) claims that he fit 90/100s on hid figo w/o any issue.

@mikon who has a Figo P fit HIDs w/o changing any relays and his figo still runs, so I guess you are right!
Old 24th November 2011, 11:15   #5721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Can we also connect to it with serial to USB connectors for laptop? would love to know more about what goes on with my car
i think there is a OBD 2 to USB connector but not sure if the PC based application would come cheap.
However the OBD - bluetooth reader is cheaper and is available on ebay. There is an app called torque (AFAIK please correct me if I am wrong). That gives most of the details you would need to know.

OBD2 is common to most of the modern day cars in the world so you can buy one and plug it to any car. Nice !!
Old 25th November 2011, 00:04   #5722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Ah yeah! One of the fellow member (whose handle I obviously forgot) claims that he fit 90/100s on hid figo w/o any issue.

@mikon who has a Figo P fit HIDs w/o changing any relays and his figo still runs, so I guess you are right!
HI friends i have fitted the 100/90 Philips Rally on my car it is a direct fit as the relay is already present and it has made a lot of Difference, i am sure every one can take a call on this and get the Philips 100/90 Osram has a smillar bulb aswell.

Earlier i had the Philips extreme and they were 450 per bulb and they did not perform that well even though they have been performing amazingly in my other vehicles.

This bulb cost me 140 per bulb.
Old 26th November 2011, 17:39   #5723
BHPian

Got a chance to check out the New Ford Figo TITANIUM with updated features,
like USB-Port, Tilt Steering & Alloy wheels.
But sad news is that Ford has deleted the Dual tone Horn, even on its top-end TITANIUM variant.
Will post the pics of the details very soon.

O.T: Even also checked out Ford Fiesta Classic CLXi TDCi there, She also boasts of nice equipment & well executed Interiors, 2 notched better than Figo.
But Sadly ABS is missing in its variant costing 7.10 lacs.

Though Figo & Classic now both shares the same dashboard. But Inner width & space of Classic seems to be better.
Can someone throw light on this..!
Old 26th November 2011, 20:54   #5724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Got a chance to check out the New Ford Figo TITANIUM with updated features,
like USB-Port, Tilt Steering & Alloy wheels.
But sad news is that Ford has deleted the Dual tone Horn, even on its top-end TITANIUM variant.
We also checked out Figo today, and both me and wifey TD the petrol. Liked the front/rear visibility, space inside. Interiors in black are also nice, including the seat fabric. Ride quality seems to be good. I also like the boot space and bluetooth option.

The car seems to be real VFM . Getting petrol titanium for 5.7L OTR, and dealer also offered 10K for other accessories. Waiting periods are immediate upto 4 weeks, depending on color & availability.

I think i am going to drop swift and most likely book this. Was hesitant earlier due to the missing rear window child lock, but the rotary mechanism seems to be a bit tight and so hopefully won't be easy for kid to open for few years Hopefully the known issues like weak headlights, mud flaps, windows rolling down are not such a big deal, or will be fixed soon.

Got the brochure, but it's for the older Titanium model. If you got a brochure for the new Titanium, can you attach it please ?
Old 26th November 2011, 22:21   #5725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
The car seems to be real VFM . Getting petrol titanium for 5.7L OTR, and dealer also offered 10K for other accessories. Waiting periods are immediate upto 4 weeks, depending on color & availability.
Its truly a VFM car, you will surely enjoy it. What about extended warranty (3rd year), Did you enquire about it?
Old 26th November 2011, 22:51   #5726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Its truly a VFM car, you will surely enjoy it. What about extended warranty (3rd year), Did you enquire about it?
Extended warranty (3rd year) is included in OTR, was offered free in-lieu of corporate discount. Unfortunately, no 4th year extended warranty offered.

Since you're also from bangalore, few qs for you

1. How is the mileage ? SA claimed 12-14 in city, but i doubt that, given ARAI is ~16 and our horrible traffic conditions.

2. How do you feel about ford service, are they responsive and able to fix issues ? Also, is there a lot of waiting for getting a service booking ?

3. Lastly, is the lower GC an issue, considering our renowned car-breakers
Old 27th November 2011, 01:24   #5727
BHPian

Quote:
Got the brochure, but it's for the older Titanium model. If you got a brochure for the new Titanium, can you attach it please ?
The dealer also gave me brochure of Ford Figo, which was lastly updated in June2011. Even their website showing e-brochure was updated Aug2011.
As soon i get the latest one, i'll paste it here.

Quote:
Extended warranty (3rd year) is included in OTR, was offered free in-lieu of corporate discount. Unfortunately, no 4th year extended warranty offered.

Since you're also from bangalore, few qs for you

1. How is the mileage ? SA claimed 12-14 in city, but i doubt that, given ARAI is ~16 and our horrible traffic conditions.

2. How do you feel about ford service, are they responsive and able to fix issues ? Also, is there a lot of waiting for getting a service booking ?

3. Lastly, is the lower GC an issue, considering our renowned car-breakers
You can easily push for even better deal, as Figo petrol is quite a Slow seller.

1. Don't expect 12+kmpl in City from Figo Petrol, even on Highways its not more than 14kmpl.
Please beware, There's are huge complaints of Figo P with slow acceleration. So, clear this fact as per your needs & usage before signing a cheque.

2. Ford Service if Good but its Genuine spare parts are available at Dealer/Authorized Service Centres only.

3. Some complain about that, but I haven't exprienced this yet, even after driving Figo D many times.

P.S: If you're looking for Petrol hatchback, then go for Japaneese car only, like Honda Jazz, MS Swift or Ritz.
All of these are very Refined & highly fuel efficienct cars with Negligible maintenance.
But if your Driving, justifies a Diesel car, then Figo TDCi is a best package.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 11:52   #5728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123

We also checked out Figo today, and both me and wifey TD the petrol. Liked the front/rear visibility, space inside. Interiors in black are also nice, including the seat fabric. Ride quality seems to be good. I also like the boot space and bluetooth option.

I think i am going to drop swift and most likely book this. Was hesitant earlier due to the missing rear window child lock, but the rotary mechanism seems to be a bit tight and so hopefully won't be easy for kid to open for few years Hopefully the known issues like weak headlights, mud flaps, windows rolling down ?
I have driven all the hatchbacks in the segment and petrol figo might look vfm but in my opinion is not the best. Power plant has no power at all. fuel efficiency could also be a concern here since petrol figo needs to be revved hard for even basic day to day running affecting mileage. Request you reconsider your decision to buy the petrol figo.
I would suggest you checkout the figo diesel version and other petrol motors in the segment. Japanese petrol motors are really good

Last edited by figo_mba : 27th November 2011 at 11:54.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 12:12   #5729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba
I have driven all the hatchbacks in the segment and petrol figo might look vfm but in my opinion is not the best. Power plant has no power at all. fuel efficiency could also be a concern here since petrol figo needs to be revved hard for even basic day to day running affecting mileage. Request you reconsider your decision to buy the petrol figo.
I would suggest you checkout the figo diesel version and other petrol motors in the segment. Japanese petrol motors are really good
Honestly Ive not faced underpower problem in my petrol figo zxi. I drive around in bangalore in the worst of traffic jams such as metro contruction zones etc etc. However till now Ive always driven with a light foot and the car gets rolling at about 1000 rpm itself.

Yes i'd agree with rising petrol prices, diesel would be a much better option but the diesel also is around a lakh higher than the petrol version.

If you really want vfm, and in petrol, either get a nano or an alto or an a-star. But you wont get the space, comfort, handling qualities and most importantly the a.c of a figo in any other car.

And if you can afford to spend more, suggest you go for a diesel figo. Atleast you wont have high running costs
Old 27th November 2011, 12:17   #5730
BHPian

If your needs are not much for the highway or high speeds, i guess you dont need the ABS and other features.

Ive got the Zxi variant and the only difference i found when i bought it last year was that it lacked ABS & AIRBAGS and fog lamps.

However ive never needed any of those features. You can therefore save a lot more in case you dont want those options

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks