Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 10:52   #5701
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Did you guys opt for the white light ones?
No they are the normal halogens. White ones are a bit cheaper than Xtremes and are even pathetic than the OEM in range, they are mere cosmetic, my friend updated me.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:06   #5702
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
No they are the normal halogens. White ones are a bit cheaper than Xtremes and are even pathetic than the OEM in range, they are mere cosmetic, my friend updated me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Did you guys opt for the white light ones?
Anil is correct. I felt white ones does not give any benefit to the drivers, rather threatens the opposite vehicles (purely my opinion).

Could you try using it alone and share the feedback.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 12:12   #5703
BHPian

Yup, I don't like the white ones too. I'll drive without the fogs and share my feedback.
Old 19th November 2011, 18:27   #5704
Senior - BHPian

Noise coming from the rear

There is some really annoying noise (not the usual rattles and squeals) coming from my Figo. Full description here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2583013

Basically some chit chit chit chit noise that seems to correlate with tyre's rotation. I noticed it shortly after the first service of my Figo - the noise is almost inaudible with windows closed and before that time I almost never drove with the windows rolled down, so can't say whether the problem appeared after the service, much less due to the service.

Can you guys help? I'm very new to cars.
Old 19th November 2011, 19:14   #5705
BHPian

Re: Noise coming from the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Basically some chit chit chit chit noise that seems to correlate with tyre's rotation. I noticed it shortly after the first service of my Figo - the noise is almost inaudible with windows closed and before that time I almost never drove with the windows rolled down, so can't say whether the problem appeared after the service, much less due to the service.
Sounds like a screw or small nail stuck in the tyre. There will be very less air loss if the object has not passed the entire tread.

Do you have the plastic tag tie (big bazar carrybag type) on your wheel cups?

Granite stone stuck in the grooves can also make this sound but usually goes off soon.

Have a look at the wheel nut studs also for tightness.

Some early Figo's have a front brake caliper noise which can be set right at the SC.
Old 19th November 2011, 19:37   #5706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is some really annoying noise (not the usual rattles and squeals) coming from my Figo. Full description here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2583013

Can you guys help? I'm very new to cars.

Most probably something stuck in between the tire treads. Happened to me quite sometimes and if you are patient enough you could actually locate the culprit and try and remove it, otherwise it would go away by itself in 2-3 days.
Old 19th November 2011, 20:43   #5707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Sounds like a screw or small nail stuck in the tyre. There will be very less air loss if the object has not passed the entire tread.

Do you have the plastic tag tie (big bazar carrybag type) on your wheel cups?

Granite stone stuck in the grooves can also make this sound but usually goes off soon.

Have a look at the wheel nut studs also for tightness.

Some early Figo's have a front brake caliper noise which can be set right at the SC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Most probably something stuck in between the tire treads. Happened to me quite sometimes and if you are patient enough you could actually locate the culprit and try and remove it, otherwise it would go away by itself in 2-3 days.
I don't think it is the front tyre, as I wrote on the other thread, the noise is probably coming from the rear.

Also a small stone probably would have been gone by now as anil wrote, it has been months now.

I guess I'll have to check for screws before major damage is done.
Old 21st November 2011, 22:09   #5708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think it is the front tyre, as I wrote on the other thread, the noise is probably coming from the rear.

Also a small stone probably would have been gone by now as anil wrote, it has been months now.

I guess I'll have to check for screws before major damage is done.

My car has same sort of noise.
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:55   #5709
Senior - BHPian

yay!!!

Winter is here and so are better mileages!! My Figo just returned 20.615151515 KMPL within city!! 0% a/c. I am loving it! Especially if I compare the same with my last year winter mileage of 17-18 with in city.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:06   #5710
RGK
Senior - BHPian

+1
During winter diesel engines are pleasure to drive. This will be evident when the engine reaches its optimum running temperature.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:29   #5711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
+1
During winter diesel engines are pleasure to drive. This will be evident when the engine reaches its optimum running temperature.
In my case, the drive has become less smooth (some kind of gruffiness in the engine) over the past 3 weeks. Not sure if its because of drop in temperatures or because the fuel level has come down to about 40% of full tank.

Yesterday night (around 10 PM) , after spirited driving of 20+ kms when i placed my hand on the hood, i felt absolutely no heat. Couldn't believe the weather can be so cool.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:27   #5712
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Yesterday night (around 10 PM) , after spirited driving of 20+ kms when i placed my hand on the hood, i felt absolutely no heat. Couldn't believe the weather can be so cool.
During winter, the engine takes more time to reach its normal temperature and may affect the smoothness of the engine. It is better to run the engine idle for 5-10 min after the cold start in the morning and then move the vehicle.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:48   #5713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
During winter, the engine takes more time to reach its normal temperature and may affect the smoothness of the engine. It is better to run the engine idle for 5-10 min after the cold start in the morning and then move the vehicle.
Thats true in Winters the Engine feels bit Harsh and you have to warm it up before you can really have good feel about the drive.

I have been following a simple procedure during the first start of the day i start the car let it Idle till i clean the glasses all around and then drive the car under 2000 rpm for the first 1 KM or can say like getting out of the Locality where i live and after that its all good, lets see what happens when the Temps. further go down.

------------------

Another question that i Have.

A friend of mine who is very knowledgeble in Vehicle lighting and the Car electronics and over all in electronics.

He mentioned that there woulb ne no need of a Relay setup in the Figo as there is already a Relay present in the car for the headlights, and also suggested that we can try using the higher wattage bulbs as a direct fit. the only thing that he mentioned to take care off was that the connector should not be lose.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:54   #5714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
In my case......... over the past 3 weeks. Not sure if its because ........... the fuel level has come down to about 40% of full tank.
So you are surviving on 40% of fuel tanks for last three weeks? Which means your daily run should be very less. Diesels require at least 5-6 kms before they can warm up, so if you are running less then by all probabilities you are not warming up and hence the roughness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
------------------

Another question that i Have.
So what is your question?
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:52   #5715
BHPian

I called up Chennai Ford regarding the new head lamps and they were clueless. Has any one in Chennai changed over to the new headlamps ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks