Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 18:30   #5671
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post

Mate, to an extent, you would have to show faith in the SC. We cannot check each & every thing. It just has to be a balance between being cautious & informed & trusting your SA/SC. What I try to do most of the times is stay at the SC while my work is being serviced. And while I am there, I make it a point to go & check my car a couple of times. Lastly, I instruct the SA to show me any part that's being replaced before it's replaced or call me in case I am not there. I still cannot ensure that everything would be done as told, but that's as much as I can do & the rest is my faith & rapport with the SA/SC.

Drive safe.
Agreed. I have had the same SA for my three services. I do see an improvement in him over three visits and he seems trustworthy.

I wonder why they hesitate to do what is the company recommended protocol in the manual. Is it to give a lesser service bill to customer? My bill would have been higher if all the fluids and filters recommended were changed.
I had clearly told him time and money are not constraints and I want everything done as per manual
I will make another visit next week and get the rest of things done.
Thanks blackfire_9 & figo_united
Old 13th November 2011, 06:47   #5672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
I spoke with 3 different Sales persons from Metro Ford.. and 2 of them were horrible. One was acting as though he was doing me a favour by selling the car (this was in March 2010). The other was young, foolish and ignorant (June 2011). Finally the 3rd person, Shilpa, was perfect from my perspective. She was open about the deals they were willing to offer .. and didn't try to manipulate me.. nor did she budge at my attempts at getting more freebies. She agreed for PDI and Self-insurance without any hassle.

I found the Lathangi person that I spoke with (Bhushan) to be un-entertaining even when I said I was willing to book with full payment provided they make me a good offer. A few days later, they bugged me with promises to better the offer that I was getting with Metro. I went ahead with Metro on ethical grounds.

I have no experience with Cauvery Ford.

Never talk to more than 1 sales person at dealer, the first guy is only person who gets commission. Sales experience with subsequent folks will be really bad. Beware for Hyundai, for dealer with multiple branches in City, they track with customer phone number and only the first person who talked to Customer will get commission, Everybody else its don't care & your buying experience is likely to spoil.

Iniitally the second sales folks would not know the customer is taken and would have promised you goodies, once he tries to enter your data into his dealer system, he realizes that the customer is taken by somebody else and *boom*.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 13th November 2011 at 06:49.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:28   #5673
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

Wish to know as to how much did you folks pay for getting your insurance renewed at Ford dealership? I have my insurance from Universal Sompo General Insurance Co. Ltd. I had paid Rs. 15,402 for the first year, mine is the 1.4 Titanium.

I am willing to go for cash-less again. And no, I haven't availed any insurance benefit *touch-wood*
Old 14th November 2011, 00:55   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
hello everyone,
i have taken delivery of my figo exi diesel a week back.
till date the meter reading is 147km. realistically i have done only 100km from my end. Today i encountered an unexpected problem. while on the move the gears stopped engaging. i pulled over and upon examination none of the gears were engaging. i called the RSA and the vehicle was towed to the ford service station. It was quite an embarassment.
The service manager said it is a problem with Drive Shaft. There is a play on the Right side which shouldnt be there.They are replacing the part as i am writing this.
I wonder what the PDI team had done. When ever i was driving during the 100km done under me i observed that the gears especially 1st and 2nd were not engaging properly i.e. slipping to an extent.Further there was a rumbling sound from the right front side on slightly bad roads. Finally today on the move with a strange sound i sensed that something was wrong and pulled over.
Well i understand mistakes do happen but then the PDI team would have noticed the problem as i had noticed it especially the car doing only 100 odd km.
My first reaction was to ask for a replacement as i had done only 147km. This i know will not work. Frustration coupled with embarassment tends to such interesting thinking.
I would like to contact ford and give them a piece of my mind. What reaction can i expect apart from a mandatory apology.
Thank you for your replies in advance.
hello friends
still awaiting your responses.
i shot a mail to ford india (nwark) and the response was prompt. A customer service manager called and apologised.
I am still concerned and not confident about driving the car.
CAN I ASK FOR A REPLACEMENT? the car has done 300km.
Old 14th November 2011, 09:08   #5675
Team-BHP Support

Hi greendream!

Sorry to hear about your ordeal and that too in a new Car. You won't be getting a replacement, but sure you can give them a peace of mind and ask them to thoroughly check your Car.

Is the Car acting up again? Folks in Hyderabad may provide a better suggestion as to which service center and service adviser to stick with.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 14:31   #5676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Never talk to more than 1 sales person at dealer, the first guy is only person who gets commission. Sales experience with subsequent folks will be really bad. Beware for Hyundai, for dealer with multiple branches in City, they track with customer phone number and only the first person who talked to Customer will get commission, Everybody else its don't care & your buying experience is likely to spoil.

Iniitally the second sales folks would not know the customer is taken and would have promised you goodies, once he tries to enter your data into his dealer system, he realizes that the customer is taken by somebody else and *boom*.
Yes, I'm aware of this. Location wise, this dealership was very convenient to me.. hence didn't want to look away for merely the "sales person woes".
In my very first conversation with the 3rd sales person I had mentioned that I was not getting satisfactory responses from her other colleagues.. and that I need someone who has requisite authority to commit a deal (as against using "i will ask my manager" tactics). Maybe she was okay with some other colleague getting the credits as against the dealership losing a customer.

Luckily.. I had a near perfect sales experience from this 3rd sales person. (Except for the delays during appointments)
Old 15th November 2011, 19:04   #5677
BHPian

In addition to Figo ZXi, Figo TITANIUM differs in having;
-Airbags & ABS.
-6-Speed Intermittent wiping.
-Lower console around Handbrake.
-Front fog lamps(got few weeks back).
-Alloy wheels.
-Rear Wash wipe.
-Power ORVMs.

Recently Ford've added;
-Tilt Steering.
-USB port
to ZXi & TITANIUM.
-Alloy wheels are added to TITANIUM variant only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
ABS constitutes the biggest portion. If you see the Ritz vdi vs vdi abs, it is around 50000 for only ABS, IIRC. Also, you get fog lamps, rear wiper and defogger.
ABS roughly adds up another Rs.20k over the corresponding variant pricing.
Ritz VDi ABS at my place costs Rs.5.57 lacs, ex-showroom(pre recent 2k increase).
Old 15th November 2011, 22:40   #5678
BHPian

Hi Guyz, I need some help here.
It's been close to 6 months since I got my Figo.
I have covered around 5500 KM's.
Due to my recent busy schedule, i havent been able to drive my car for about 2 to 3 weeks. When i took my car out the previous weekend, while reversing, i felt there was something blocking the car, it was not very smooth, so i got out and had a look and i could see an oil leak near the front, right side tyre.
Can some Guru's please tell me what could be the problem, i plan to take the car for ser vicing this week.
Is this a serious problem ?
Thanks.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:49   #5679
BHPian

Guys I have paired around 9-10 devices with the Ford Figo's bluetooth audio system. When I connected my friend's BB the other day, it refused to accept saying list was full. Any idea how to delete devices that I no longer use or pair with or how to reset the list? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 16th November 2011, 00:23   #5680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
Guys I have paired around 9-10 devices with the Ford Figo's bluetooth audio system. When I connected my friend's BB the other day, it refused to accept saying list was full. Any idea how to delete devices that I no longer use or pair with or how to reset the list? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kaushik
Kush in the manual the instruction as very clear, reading it would really help.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:26   #5681
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaush666 View Post
. Any idea how to delete devices that I no longer use or pair with or how to reset the list? Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Kaushik
You can the delete the existing paired devices. Delete and add the new BB and it should work. While pairing there is an option to delete, you can do the same. As said before, pl check the audio manual (BT section)
Old 16th November 2011, 14:49   #5682
BHPian

A query for the recent Figo owners. Are you happy with the headlamp illumination?

One common grouse with the older Figo owners was the poor headlamp illumination.
Mr Boneham in a recent open house discussion had said the newer Figos are coming the headlamps which have better illumination. The same is available for existing owners to replace at the cost of Rs110/- per piece. The wattage etc remains the same, but said to have better illumination.
Old 16th November 2011, 16:35   #5683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
A query for the recent Figo owners. Are you happy with the headlamp illumination?

One common grouse with the older Figo owners was the poor headlamp illumination.
Mr Boneham in a recent open house discussion had said the newer Figos are coming the headlamps which have better illumination. The same is available for existing owners to replace at the cost of Rs110/- per piece. The wattage etc remains the same, but said to have better illumination.
Can you post any reference link (if you have) which talks about this Rs. 110/- per piece replacement for old owners?
I would like to try that. Even if it doesn't help its fine because the current ones are very poor!
Old 16th November 2011, 16:41   #5684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post

I don't know of how good or bad the old headlamps were, but, mine is satisfactory. Dim throws light up to 10 to 15 metres, Dip approximately 1.5 to 2 times the distance of dim. This is not very brilliant, but it is sufficient illumination for me.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 16:41   #5685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Can you post any reference link (if you have) which talks about this Rs. 110/- per piece replacement for old owners?
I would like to try that. Even if it doesn't help its fine because the current ones are very poor!
I am not too sure about the link, but my SM confirmed this to me and offered to replace the same. I said no as I already upgraded to Phillips Xtreme which cost me 1000 INR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks