Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 07:20   #5656
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

SA called yesterday evening and told that 20K service without wheel alignment is 36XX Rs. Will pick the car at 930 AM & update. Mobil oil is not available therefore Castrol is used. Never heard of Castrol 5W30 for Diesel engines being marketed in India though.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:41   #5657
Senior - BHPian

Believe the manual, because that is what holds up your warranty. And to be honest, not just with Ford but even with Suzuki I have been aghast at the number of times the SC misses out on such things.

While at this, I have another query to all TBHP Figo owners. Have you guys noticed any difference in the rates for different services or products across locations or SCs? Please share here if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I dont know whom to believe, the SA or Manual. In any case, I dont think the service centres religiously follow the manual requirements. In fact, I wonder if they do half of what is given.

Shall post a more detailed report in my ownership thread.
Old 11th November 2011, 08:31   #5658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
-------------------

* Figo owners, please comment on above issues and also on Cavery Ford dealership (buying) experiance.
* Metro and Lathangi, yet to hear from them. Are they better then Cavery (read some horrifying stories)?
* Also would like to know what deals can I expect if I push them a bit (accessories, goodies, etc) considering its a year end.
* What are the prevaling loan rates in the market?
* Which bank offers least/best interest rates?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards, Sary
I've bought my car from Metro Ford. Even I called up the three dealers, Metro seemed to be the most responsive. They responded quickly to both emails and calls. My buying experience was smooth with no hiccups.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:55   #5659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Have you guys noticed any difference in the rates for different services or products across locations or SCs? Please share here if so.
Caculo Ford, Goa: Fog lamps 4000 grand including fitting.
Old 11th November 2011, 10:22   #5660
BHPian

Yesterday I noticed a squealing sound coming from the front left window whenever it was rolled down. It wasn't present while rolling up.
Since I was driving in the vicinity of the SC, I decided to pop in for a quick visit, without an appointment.

Showed the service person, he sprayed some liquid (probably something on the lines of WD-40) and the noise was gone easy peasy. Was in and out in 5 mins.
Old 11th November 2011, 10:49   #5661
BHPian

Quote:
* Figo owners, please comment on above issues and also on Cavery Ford dealership (buying) experiance.
* Metro and Lathangi, yet to hear from them. Are they better then Cavery (read some horrifying stories)?
* Also would like to know what deals can I expect if I push them a bit (accessories, goodies, etc) considering its a year end.
* What are the prevaling loan rates in the market?
* Which bank offers least/best interest rates?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Regards, Sary
Well, My Figo was brought in Goa last week but I had dealt with Metro Ford, Palace road guys. Seemed nice during TDing and overall followup. Also I remember someone stating(in booking and delivery thread) that Metro guys did not allow PDI before registration. You may want to check on that too.
Old 11th November 2011, 11:04   #5662
BHPian

[quote=blackfire_9;2574270]Believe the manual, because that is what holds up your warranty. And to be honest, not just with Ford but even with Suzuki I have been aghast at the number of times the SC misses out on such things.
(/quote]

My manual says for 20000kms,

1.Replace : Engine oil
Oil filter
Air filter
Sump plug gasket
AC cowl filter
Brake fluid
Clutch fluid
Out of these, the first three were replaced and I find it in bill. The AC cowl filter is said to have been replaced but not in bill. Brake and clutch fluid are replaced only if it is less according to SA

2.Clean : Fuel filter
AC wire mesh filter

3. Head lamp Alignment

4.Inspect for a host of things

SA says all has been done, but there is no way of checking that it has been done except for being physically present.
Old 11th November 2011, 15:10   #5663
BHPian

Quote:
See my post for freebies i got back then. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2420190

All salespersons in Metro.. have zero time-sense. Everytime they made me wait 20+ mins even though i'd have arranged for a meeting a day in advance and having called (reminded) them 30mins prior to the appointment time.

I spoke with 3 different Sales persons from Metro Ford.. and 2 of them were horrible. One was acting as though he was doing me a favour by selling the car (this was in March 2010). The other was young, foolish and ignorant (June 2011). Finally the 3rd person, Shilpa, was perfect from my perspective. She was open about the deals they were willing to offer .. and didn't try to manipulate me.. nor did she budge at my attempts at getting more freebies. She agreed for PDI and Self-insurance without any hassle.

I found the Lathangi person that I spoke with (Bhushan) to be un-entertaining even when I said I was willing to book with full payment provided they make me a good offer. A few days later, they bugged me with promises to better the offer that I was getting with Metro. I went ahead with Metro on ethical grounds.

I have no experience with Cauvery Ford.
Old 11th November 2011, 19:31   #5664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
S

I spoke with 3 different Sales persons from Metro Ford.. and 2 of them were horrible. One was acting as though he was doing me a favour by selling the car (this was in March 2010). The other was young, foolish and ignorant (June 2011). Finally the 3rd person, Shilpa, was perfect from my perspective. She was open about the deals they were willing to offer .. and didn't try to manipulate me.. nor did she budge at my attempts at getting more freebies. She agreed for PDI and Self-insurance without any hassle.
+1 I took my Figo from Metro and Shilpa was the sales person, she delivered whatever was promised nothing more or less. No hassles on doing a PDI.

Just curious to know what are current freebies being offered ?
Old 11th November 2011, 20:33   #5665
BHPian

Quote:

Oil filter
Air filter
Sump plug gasket
AC cowl filter

Brake fluid
Clutch fluid
Out of these, the first three were replaced and I find it in bill. The AC cowl filter is said to have been replaced but not in bill. Brake and clutch fluid are replaced only if it is less according to SA

AC wire mesh filter

3. Head lamp Alignment

SA says all has been done, but there is no way of checking that it has been done except for being physically present.
The underlined items appear in my bill amounting to Rs 3940/-.

Anyway the car feels a lot smoother now, i guess its proof that oil has been changed. Castrol 5W30 for Diesel huh?
Old 11th November 2011, 22:32   #5666
BHPian

I plan to write to Ford customer care about these discrepancies between what the manual says and what the service centres do.
Also Boneham had said in an open house discussion had said better headlamps will be made available. But the guys at service centre have no clue about this.

The link - Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford
Old 12th November 2011, 11:04   #5667
BHPian

Got my 20K service done for my Petrol figo. It costed Rs 37xx/-, optionals offered during the service were balancing and alignment 7xx/- and a full shampoo wash for 9xx/-. The initial estimate shown to me was like 56xx/-, that was shocking seeing all these optional stuff and 4.6L of Engine oil (vs the actual 3.8L).
The following were replaced
1) Air & Oil Filter.
2) Engine Oil (3.8L)
3) Brake Fluid
4) Wash Fluid
Rest of the fluids were topped up and AC filter was cleaned.

Regarding the problem with AC effectiveness I had during long drives, the probable cause was the thermistor and it was replaced under warranty. Overall quality of service was good.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:46   #5668
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Customer service is very very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravich View Post
Thanks. Will raise this with Ford. At the time of agreeing to changing the oil, I had said I will ask for a refund if Ford's recommended schedule for oil change is at the 10000km or 1 year service. While I doubt if I can actually get either Ford or the service workshop to refund this, it is certainly worthwhile raising awareness around this.
Did raise this with Ford. To my pleasant surprise the response was prompt. I got a call from Ford where the Ford rep conferenced Shreeji Ford who said this was due to a miscommunication and offered to refund the oil change cost. I said I am fine with a free oil change at the 10K service and closed the matter there. They will put this in writing in the form of an email cc to Ford .
So Figo new owners note 2.5K service oil change is not recommended by Ford. Your new manuals service chart with blanks pasted on the 2.5k service oil and filter change rows are indeed correct.

Ford customer service is to be commended for prompt and fair response without any follow up on my part.
Old 12th November 2011, 12:17   #5669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Caculo Ford, Goa: Fog lamps 4000 grand including fitting.
What are the charges at some other location, any idea on that to guage if there are discrepency in the prices?

Quote:

Oil filter
Air filter
Sump plug gasket
AC cowl filter
Brake fluid
Clutch fluid
Whatever is replaced in a car should ideally find its way into the bill. What proof do you have if it was replaced or not?

As for brake fluid & other oils, stick to the manual. Any sort of oil needs periodic replacement & this period depends on a number of factors as we all are already aware. A little variation is alright, say 23K instead of 20K, but if the manual talks of an oil change, then you should ideally change it.

In fact, a very common notion amongst mechanics is that brake oil lasts the lifetime of a car. I don't know about big cars but for most cars that we see, brake oil ought to be changed every 20K-40K or every 2-3 years depending on brand to brand of car manufacturer.

Quote:
Mate, to an extent, you would have to show faith in the SC. We cannot check each & every thing. It just has to be a balance between being cautious & informed & trusting your SA/SC. What I try to do most of the times is stay at the SC while my work is being serviced. And while I am there, I make it a point to go & check my car a couple of times. Lastly, I instruct the SA to show me any part that's being replaced before it's replaced or call me in case I am not there. I still cannot ensure that everything would be done as told, but that's as much as I can do & the rest is my faith & rapport with the SA/SC.

Drive safe.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 12th November 2011 at 12:21.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 13:22   #5670
BHPian

Quote:

Oil filter
Air filter
Sump plug gasket
AC cowl filter
Brake fluid
Clutch fluid

AC wire mesh filter

3. Head lamp Alignment

Its better to stick to the manual.
Even when I got my 20k service done at Lathangi, bangalore, I checked with the SA why he has not replaced the brake fluid. He told me its not really necessary, it can still run with the same for a longer duration. Since this was when I was taking delivery of the car, I didnt bother to insist on doing it.
Today I have left my car for the 30k service at cauvery ford mysore, and mentioned to them that the brake fluid needs to be replaced. I was told its very important to get the fluid replaced at 20k and it shouldnt have been missed! Infact, when I had visited a couple of weeks ago, the SA had checked it and told the fluid was low and topped it up a bit.

One more thing that could happen if you miss the suggestions in the manual is that when you give the vehicle for the 30k service, they might not replace the brake fluid even then, since its not mentioned in the manual for 30k. So you might end up not replacing it till 40k if you miss it!
Suggest you get it done on your next visit to the service centre.
figo_united is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks