Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 18:06   #5596
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

It is actually the MD, LOL

"
Rear power windows for Figo
Some of our Figo customers have suggested that we introduce rear power windows.
The rear windows are rather large in the Figo, and it is difficult to make such a large glass window go fully inside unless it is a long 3 box sedan. If you have a small window like in some of the others in the segment, they go inside – but we are largest in segment and best in class with space. Ultimately it’s the outside view for the rear seat passenger that matters.
For this, we have deliberately not introduced rear power windows for the Figo. Pressing the power keys beyond the rear windows’ maximum level (at the lowest) could harm the device. Comparing the user benefit vis-à-vis potential damage and repairing requirements, we took the call to not introduce this feature in the Ford Figo."

Source:

Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford
What he has said is that the window cant go fully down and it is true. But a power window can be used to make the glass go 60% down. The glass of the rear window of fusion also goes down till about 85-90% and it is operated by a power window. Harm only occurs when switch is pressed for a long time after the glass reaches max position. Also this kind of damage can occur in any car even if the glass rolls down fully.
Old 2nd November 2011, 19:56   #5597
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hormazd Sorabjee tweets: Figo upgraded. Titanium gets alloy wheels, tilt steering, USB audio (approx Rs17k more) Zxi gets same features (minus alloys) for Rs 6k more
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:10   #5598
BHPian

Visited the ford showroom today.The salesperson confirmed that a new version will be launched and they have received this information on 31st Oct. They are yet to receive any information on pricing and this information is expected to reach them by tomorrow evening.

Additions to Titanium are

a) Alloys
b) USB Port
c) Tilt steering

The salesperson said that his guess is that price for titanium will be 18K more than the current price.
Old 2nd November 2011, 21:50   #5599
BHPian

Currently at 25K on ODO, been doing lot of long drives with and without full load (4 ppl+full trunk) and thoroughly enjoying high speed drives on GQ and woefully broken roads along the BR Project/umblebayalu. All in all, Figo Titanium (D) Rocks. Eco has been around 19kmpl with 100% A/c @speed 1 and 2.

back to daily grind on ORR/Agara what a welcome back to planet earth.
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:23   #5600
BHPian

All Figo owners kindly check the condition of Airfilters if you are getting low mileage.

I happened to check the airfilter @ 18K kms & found that it is very dirty (sooty). pressure cleaned it & for the 1st time i have crossed the 20 kmpl mark. There may be other reasons for it, but since this costs nothing, worth a try.

If you dont have flower screw driver, you can use a medium size allen key to remove the screw, but don't carelessly unscrew & screw it as it may cause damage. (pfun intended)

Looking at the mess in the filter i seriously doubt if aftermarket filters providing better flow will be able to keep the dirt away.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 23:11   #5601
BHPian

Looking for some advice from figo owners.

Am currently looking to purchase a diesel hatch, pref. < 7L OTR. Main options are Figo and Beat. My first priority is safety features, followed by reliability and ride quality. I like the boot space in figo.

Some qs on Figo:

1. Searched thread and found that figo doesnt seem to have NCAP rating, but one of the posts said it's based on fiesta platform and so should be in 4* range. Is this confirmed from Ford or other sources ?

2. The 'test drive' section mentions that some owners have been facing reliability issues (A/C radiator etc). Can someone explain a bit more on what are the kind of issues figo owners are facing ?

3. Rear power windows, and more crucially, rear windows child lock is important for me. Since my kiddo will be sitting in the rear seat, dont want him to open the windows, take out his hands or try to stand up holding the open window

I saw anilsaini's post with Ford MD's explanation. Does this mean there is no way to retro-fit rear power windows ? This might be a frequently asked qs, sorry about it (tried searching the thread).
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:44   #5602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You did not mention your driving pattern, a/c usage, fuel used, current mileage etc.

While I do get good mileage of (17-21) from my figo, I occasionally get mileage as low as 15 kmpl for highway+city runs which means fuel quality and congestion at city does not help the cause.
Driving style: I am a very spirited driver usually but since I was getting very low FE figures I changed myself to be very staid and solemn behind the wheel. Still no luck.

A/c: On 100%.

Fuel: I try to fill from COCO pumps as much as possible. On my Pune trip I filled twice from the HP pump near the first toll from Mumbai. I heard its a good pump but it didn't make any difference to the FE.

Current mileage in city: 12
Current mileage on highway (Pune expressway mostly): 15

Agreed, congestion in Mumbai is worse than probably any other place, but you gotta agree that's low FE nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Before suspecting the car you need to compare the figures with someone who drives the same route as yours and drives at about the same (peak/non-peak) hours as you do regularly.
Whitelion's mileage figures are more impressive .. but then how many of us can manage driving at such hours.
I don't know anyone else driving the same route in a Figo but as mentioned above I am not talking about the FE I get on a daily scheduled route. Even on highways I'm getting only 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
All Figo owners kindly check the condition of Airfilters if you are getting low mileage.

I happened to check the airfilter @ 18K kms & found that it is very dirty (sooty). pressure cleaned it & for the 1st time i have crossed the 20 kmpl mark. There may be other reasons for it, but since this costs nothing, worth a try.

If you dont have flower screw driver, you can use a medium size allen key to remove the screw, but don't carelessly unscrew & screw it as it may cause damage. (pfun intended)

Looking at the mess in the filter i seriously doubt if aftermarket filters providing better flow will be able to keep the dirt away.
Thanks skyline, I will get it checked asap. BUT... I recently (last week) took it for the 2500 kms first service. Wouldn't they have already checked the air filter during then?

I am at a loss regarding FE, I would much appreciate expert help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
Visited the ford showroom today.The salesperson confirmed that a new version will be launched and they have received this information on 31st Oct. They are yet to receive any information on pricing and this information is expected to reach them by tomorrow evening.

Additions to Titanium are

a) Alloys
b) USB Port
c) Tilt steering

The salesperson said that his guess is that price for titanium will be 18K more than the current price.
I wish I could get these additions retrofitted to my Aug '11 Figo by paying 18k more. Is there any such option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post

Am currently looking to purchase a diesel hatch, pref. < 7L OTR. Main options are Figo and Beat. My first priority is safety features, followed by reliability and ride quality. I like the boot space in figo.

Some qs on Figo:

1. Searched thread and found that figo doesnt seem to have NCAP rating, but one of the posts said it's based on fiesta platform and so should be in 4* range. Is this confirmed from Ford or other sources ?

2. The 'test drive' section mentions that some owners have been facing reliability issues (A/C radiator etc). Can someone explain a bit more on what are the kind of issues figo owners are facing ?

3. Rear power windows, and more crucially, rear windows child lock is important for me. Since my kiddo will be sitting in the rear seat, dont want him to open the windows, take out his hands or try to stand up holding the open window

I saw anilsaini's post with Ford MD's explanation. Does this mean there is no way to retro-fit rear power windows ? This might be a frequently asked qs, sorry about it (tried searching the thread).
1) No idea, I would like to know this too.

2) It is my observation that Ford has taken notice of almost all the problems that were present in the initial cars. The new copies come with improvements, like for example upgraded headlamps after complaints of weak nighttime visibility. It also seems like they fixed the rear-window-rolling-down problem, as I am yet to face this in my 3300 kms driven Figo. Some people are facing 'mist' problems with the AC, you might want to read up on that. I myself am facing FE issues, but no one else seems to have this problem.
I cannot recall any other major problems off the top of my head. There are a couple of threads in the Technical Section about Figo, do a search.

3) AFAIK there is no child lock for the rear window. If this is a deal-breaker for you then you will probably have to drop the Figo from your list. I don't have kids so I don't know how others with kids are managing this problem (parents might want to chip in here )
If you really want to install power windows at the rear I bet there are some workshops that will do it for you, but it might be a clumsy job as there may not be enough space inside the door to install the winder. And you will definitely void your warranty.

Since you said safety, reliability and ride quality:

Figo is a very safe car, in the sense that it is extremely stable at any speed. I have personally tested the ABS and have stopped from 140 to 0, no sweat. I haven't tested the airbags (let's hope it stays that way) but they're there. I know the Beat has them too, but I have test driven the Beat and can say that it comes nowhere close to the stability/handling prowess of the Figo.

About reliability, I cannot comment yet because I am a recent user but the feeling I have got is that it is not a vehicle that is going to cause serious issues. The car has been in the market now for quite some time and its reliability has been rarely challenged. Also, Ford seems to be awake and has opened several new dealerships since when I first started considering the Figo, which exudes a sense of responsibility and long-term vision.

Ride quality has not been very enjoyable for me but it depends entirely on the tires. My MRFs transfer every single bump on the road to my spine. Get a set of good soft compound tyres and you will no doubt enjoy the ride.

AFAIK there is no other car in the market at <7 OTR which has all these safety features and oodles of space too as a bonus.
Old 3rd November 2011, 02:18   #5603
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123

Some qs on Figo:

I will just comment on pt. 1.

Figo has the same ncap rating as the mark v european fiesta (ncap rating 4/5) as it is the same car with the same construction.

Keep in mind that all safety ratings of any car are calculated with the top end variant and is heavily affected by the presence of safety features like airbags, abs, ebd, esp etc. etc.
Old 3rd November 2011, 07:45   #5604
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo Titanium new features, new Ford Figo features and details | DWS Auto India
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:08   #5605
Senior - BHPian

Is it just these features that are being changed or is the Figo facelift is actually getting a new face or any cosmetic upgrade?
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:11   #5606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Driving style: I am a very spirited driver usually but since I was getting very low FE figures I changed myself to be very staid and solemn behind the wheel. Still no luck.

Thanks skyline, I will get it checked asap. BUT... I recently (last week) took it for the 2500 kms first service. Wouldn't they have already checked the air filter during then?
I also had tried driving in 70-90 zone & Figo returned 18.xx FE. The 20.51 FE was achieved in a Trivandrum-Kochi drive where i passed 100-110 many times.

Airfilter checking is 1 thing which a technician would always like to forget on a busy day. Cars don't breakdown because of it anyway so the 20K replacement is enough! Do you think they care about Turbo/EGR etc? They are (Indian) human beings too Even the timings when you drop your car for service matters on how efficiently jobs are done.

My M800 airfilter used to be checked @ every 5K during oil changes but it would be very clean & my MASS franchise mechanic told that you are the only customer who asks to open the airfilter every time. Apparently they do this only if customer complains of low pickup/smoke/low FE etc etc @ 20K-30K kms. He was also not very comfortable with oil change @ 5K kms. He used to tell that people usually change @ 15K or even 20K without any issues. You are wasting the balance KMS!

Therefore if a like minded technician gets a job in Ford & your car happen to be assigned to him...you know the rest.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:12   #5607
Senior - BHPian

@Eagleeye; I didn't know that your car had run only 3300km. My mileage started improving once I hit 30K km. Initially I used to get about 10-12 kpl. Went up to 14-17 in 10K to 20K. Now past 30K it is at 19-21.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:55   #5608
Senior - BHPian

@eagle eye: 3300 kms is too less to decide upon FE. I started with 14-15 kmpl which remained so until 6-7K after which it increased to 16-17 and stayed there up to 18-19K only after the second service did I see the 20 kmpl mark. So I dont think you need to be worried, yet!
Old 3rd November 2011, 10:11   #5609
Distinguished - BHPian

"Ford India has upgraded the Figo with additional features. The American automaker has added tilt steering and USB port for the audio system on the ZXi variant, hiking the price by Rs. 6000/-. The Titanium variant of the Figo gets both new features of the ZXi along with alloy wheels. The price hike on the Titanium variant is Rs. 17,200/- Although the Figo upgrade has made the car dearer by a few thousand rupees, we feel the additional equipment comes at a bargain. OEM alloy wheels for Rs. 11,000/- is quite a steal, actually!"

Ford India Upgrades Figo | MotorBeam - Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:02   #5610
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Approximately the Titanium-D would come around 6.8L OTR in Chennai after these new additional features. If Ford has fixed the initial niggles, then it is worthy VFM car. I think no other brand gives all these features at this price. (Vista may be a close competitor).
Is it 4 alloys or 5 including spare .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks