Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2011, 00:38   #5581
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530
@Mustang a 1cm cut should not be a prob. It is equivalent to a stud breaking off. How did you notice it in the first place?
Also is the expected tilt steering expected to be retrofitted in older models?
I noticed it today morning only while just admiring my car, lol.

The tilt steering can be retro fitted on older models also but the question will be whether it will be cost effective or not. I think it will be.
Old 2nd November 2011, 01:13   #5582
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I noticed it today morning only while just admiring my car, lol.

The tilt steering can be retro fitted on older models also but the question will be whether it will be cost effective or not. I think it will be.
If this is the case then the rates in second hand markets won't be affected much. The other two, USB and alloys can easily be installed and most people already have both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Just wish the tilt steering could be fitted on old figo without complexities and at a marginal cost.
This additions are going to reduce the price of second hand figos in the market.
@Mustang: Your killing an eagle is really bizarre is a one-in-a-million sort of thing.
Can you tell me if the Figo gives higher mileage with AC at lowest bluest setting or keeping the blue-red knob somewhere in between?
I have driven 3200 on my diesel and have never been able to get anything above 15.. :(
Old 2nd November 2011, 02:18   #5583
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye

@Mustang: Your killing an eagle is really bizarre is a one-in-a-million sort of thing.
Can you tell me if the Figo gives higher mileage with AC at lowest bluest setting or keeping the blue-red knob somewhere in between?
I have driven 3200 on my diesel and have never been able to get anything above 15.. :(
Yes true. Even i was shocked.

Mileage is independent of that knob's position. Keep it anywhere you want, the mileage will remain the same.

Change gears at 2300 rpm and try to drive at 1800-2000 rpm and use as less braking as possible by anticipating traffic in the front and you will surely get higher figures.
Old 2nd November 2011, 05:35   #5584
BHPian

Quote:
So there comes the *official* confirmation about the facelift.
What about power windows at the back? Any other addons?

Thanks,
Akshay
Old 2nd November 2011, 09:19   #5585
BHPian

One of the headlights on my figo has stopped working. I am at 32k and around 1 year 5 months of ownership. Don't know if anybody else has faced this problem. The dim works. Have to go and get it checked at ***. The car is doing fine otherways and returning around 16-17 kmpl in tvm city drives and is a pleasure to drive as always. The rattles which were there seems to have subsided after the 30K service.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:05   #5586
Senior - BHPian

@Eagleeye- Figo is very sensitive to throttle changes. I used to get about 16-17 on aggressive driving. Now I get ~21. I still drive 50% at 120-140 and 50% 80-100 with 30% city and 70% highway. But I accelerate smoother and brake very gently.
My only concern is whether the fuel efficiency is better at 60 kmh at 4thgear@2000rpm or at 5thgear@1600rpm. This is pre and post turbo boost.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:51   #5587
BHPian

Is there any technical limitation to provide rear power windows?
Sorry, if the same is discussed earlier.. please point me to relevant page. Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:55   #5588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Is there any technical limitation to provide rear power windows?
Sorry, if the same is discussed earlier.. please point me to relevant page. Thanks.
There is no technical limitation, it is just not provided. Ford however claims that power windows might get damaged as people might keep pressing the button thinking the glass would roll down more, but that is ridiculous.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:58   #5589
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99
One of the headlights on my figo has stopped working. I am at 32k and around 1 year 5 months of ownership. Don't know if anybody else has faced this problem. The dim works. Have to go and get it checked at ***. The car is doing fine otherways and returning around 16-17 kmpl in tvm city drives and is a pleasure to drive as always. The rattles which were there seems to have subsided after the 30K service.
Dont worry its just a fused bulb or a fuse may have tripped. You must have got spare headlamp bulbs and fuses along with the car. Its a quick DIY fix or if you dont feel confident then take it to the service center, its a 2 min job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380
So there comes the *official* confirmation about the facelift.
What about power windows at the back? Any other addons?

Thanks,
Akshay

I actually have no idea about he facelift. The work was done in chennai only and i just happened to catch a glimpse of the updated car about 4 months back when i was in chennai. I guess we will just have to wait for 5 more days. I had stated about the tilt steering earlier because the steering rack is the same as the fiesta and hence retro fitting will not be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil

There is no technical limitation, it is just not provided. Ford however claims that power windows might get damaged as people might keep pressing the button thinking the glass would roll down more, but that is ridiculous.
Of course there is no technical limitation. But i would like to know who at ford said this lol. The real reason was cost cutting and also the fact that when windows only roll down halfway then people wont get too iffy about rolling windows with their hands and wont miss the power windows that much.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 2nd November 2011 at 13:05.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:24   #5590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Of course there is no technical limitation. But i would like to know who at ford said this lol. The real reason was cost cutting and also the fact that when windows only roll down halfway then people wont get too iffy about rolling windows with their hands and wont miss the power windows that much.
It is actually the MD, LOL

"
Rear power windows for Figo
Some of our Figo customers have suggested that we introduce rear power windows.
The rear windows are rather large in the Figo, and it is difficult to make such a large glass window go fully inside unless it is a long 3 box sedan. If you have a small window like in some of the others in the segment, they go inside – but we are largest in segment and best in class with space. Ultimately it’s the outside view for the rear seat passenger that matters.
For this, we have deliberately not introduced rear power windows for the Figo. Pressing the power keys beyond the rear windows’ maximum level (at the lowest) could harm the device. Comparing the user benefit vis-à-vis potential damage and repairing requirements, we took the call to not introduce this feature in the Ford Figo."

Source:

Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:12   #5591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@Eagleeye- Figo is very sensitive to throttle changes. I used to get about 16-17 on aggressive driving. Now I get ~21. I still drive 50% at 120-140 and 50% 80-100 with 30% city and 70% highway. But I accelerate smoother and brake very gently.
My only concern is whether the fuel efficiency is better at 60 kmh at 4thgear@2000rpm or at 5thgear@1600rpm. This is pre and post turbo boost.
I would be very happy to get 16-17 in aggressive driving, that's all I want.
Could there be any inherent problem in my Figo because of which I am getting low mileage? (Clogged filters etc?)
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:17   #5592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Could there be any inherent problem in my Figo because of which I am getting low mileage? (Clogged filters etc?)
You did not mention your driving pattern, a/c usage, fuel used, current mileage etc.

While I do get good mileage of (17-21) from my figo, I occasionally get mileage as low as 15 kmpl for highway+city runs which means fuel quality and congestion at city does not help the cause.
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:26   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Before suspecting the car you need to compare the figures with someone who drives the same route as yours and drives at about the same (peak/non-peak) hours as you do regularly.
Whitelion's mileage figures are more impressive .. but then how many of us can manage driving at such hours.
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:00   #5594
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Rear power windows, USB and tilt steering enhancements would make Figo a complete car.
Would be happy if ABS can be retro fitted. When enquired in SC, since it includes ECM and other changes, it is not that easy.
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:37   #5595
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Mileage purely depends on driving style. Sudden acceleration and de-accleration leads to more consumption of fuel. I do a sedate driving inside the city and I get between 16-17.

Last edited by RGK : 2nd November 2011 at 16:41. Reason: Duplicate post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks