Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 07:09   #5551
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Hound View Post
Got my diamond white figo titanium tdci delivered about a week back . Have driven about 650 km in the first week of the ownership. And i must say i am enjoying my ownership experience .

The car is great to drive, as suggested in many other posts i am some how not facing any GC issues, may be as i am begin extra care full.

I would like to ask all of you what all things do i need to take care, as i am new to the diesel experience.
Congratulations Blood Hound,

Yes I got my White TDCI in Jully 2011 and I too dont face GC problem, reason might be some technical improvements over 2010 models and we being cautious towards GC problem and take extra care. I have driven 2010 model Figo and I found that ride in those car is more comfortable than 2011 models.
Old 30th October 2011, 23:51   #5552
BHPian

Here's my latest report:

Tested the top speed of my Figo...

I know it has been done before by many others, but first let me describe the drive. Was on the Mumbai-Pune expressway at around noontime. Thought to myself, well why not test how fast it will go? (Please note that my car had been officially out of its run-in period.) So while I was cruising comfortably at 120 kmph, gently put weight to the accelerator and the car climbed to 140 within seconds. Smooth as silk. Car was as precisely in my control as it would have been at 100. Well the ride could have been better, but it was all I could expect from stock MRFs. At 140 the RPM indicator was hovering around 3200, and I pedaled the accelerator (still not flooring it) and watched as the speedometer climbed to 150.

And then 160. RPMs were about 4000 but the car loved to be revved and seemed to be asking for more.

But by this time the ride turned a little bumpy and since the top speed for the Figo is rated at 150 kmph, I decided it was not so safe to continue. The car probably could have sliced through the air and the engine could have handled it, but the tyres would probably be rated for 150 kmph, and I didn't want them to burst on me.

Now feeling like a tyre upgrade!!! LOL
Old 31st October 2011, 09:24   #5553
BANNED

,@eagle eye

Your tires wont burst at 160, they are rated for a much higher speed. I have driven both the figo and the fusion on 160 many times on the noida-greater noida expressway.

I find the fusion more stable on this speed as it has a much stiffer suspension.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 10:32   #5554
Senior - BHPian

agree with Mustang. Fusion is more stable at speed esp handling mid corner bumps. But is slightly tail /heavy.
Also my figo has touched an indicated 165+ on the speedo but my gps showedd it at 147.
So go figure...
Old 31st October 2011, 12:40   #5555
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Hi Guys,

My TDCi has done 40k kms.
since my car has run 40K not all parts are covered under extended warranty. Is this true? I asked him to provide me a list and he said he will give me the contact of the concerned department.

Please let me know if this true regarding extended warranty.
Yes. It may be true. After 40k kms, most of the running parts are not covered under warranty. The SA confirmed this when my rear shock was replaced free of cost.
EW is for 3 years or 30k I think.

One of my old friend has taken Titanium-Diesel three months back at Erode and both were discussing about the experiences and problems. He clarified that later batches are far better now. No squeaks etc.., but he faces the GC issue when driven with 4 adults.

After the continuous rain in Chennai, my Figo joined the list of headlight fogging group .
Old 31st October 2011, 13:14   #5556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
...EW is for 3 years or 30k I think...
A small correction, 3rd year EW is 3 years or 120k km's. Standard warranty is 2 years or 100k km's.

Irrespective of SW or EW, some parts are considered normal wear and tear and are not covered in warranty after the car has run reasonable # of km's. E.g dampers can no way be covered till 100k km's in SW. It is a known fact they will give away by then and need replacement. Engine, Transmission, Steering, AC, Fuel injection etc (not an exaustive list) related parts in general are covered till the end of either SW or EW.

Like Ford, Tata also covers suspension and clutch etc only will 30-35k km's in warranty after which they are treated as normal wear and tear.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 31st October 2011 at 13:17. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 31st October 2011, 14:35   #5557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
,@eagle eye

Your tires wont burst at 160, they are rated for a much higher speed. I have driven both the figo and the fusion on 160 many times on the noida-greater noida expressway.

I find the fusion more stable on this speed as it has a much stiffer suspension.
Thanks Mustang, that's good to know. I'll be more confident next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Also my figo has touched an indicated 165+ on the speedo but my gps showedd it at 147.
So go figure...
Have you changed your tire size?
Old 31st October 2011, 14:41   #5558
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye

Thanks Mustang, that's good to know. I'll be more confident next time.

Have you changed your tire size?
Drive carefully, you never know what comes on the road all of a sudden. Examples include dog, cattle, broken expressway guard rails, once i broke my windshield after i hit an eagle which was flying low and perpendicular to the road.
Old 31st October 2011, 19:46   #5559
BHPian

On my Diwali trip from Bangalore to Palakkad, I noticed that the AC effectiveness suddenly dropped after 400kms of driving. I thought it would have some to do with the AC system. Since my hometown was close by, I decided to switch off the AC drive with the windows rolled down. On the return journey with a fresh start, the AC worked fine again for another 400 odd kms and suddenly died. This time I noticed that the blower wasnt working as it should, changing speed from 1 to 2 or 3 didnt make any difference. Today morning it was all fine again. Does anyone know what could have caused this problem? Anyhow planning to take it for the 20K service later this week.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 22:05   #5560
BHPian

sansvk, I guess its an auto cut off safety feature. Did you drive 400km without any halts or you had any stoppages in between?
Old 31st October 2011, 22:30   #5561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
A small correction, 3rd year EW is 3 years or 120k km's. Standard warranty is 2 years or 100k km's.

Irrespective of SW or EW, some parts are considered normal wear and tear and are not covered in warranty after the car has run reasonable # of km's. E.g dampers can no way be covered till 100k km's in SW. It is a known fact they will give away by then and need replacement. Engine, Transmission, Steering, AC, Fuel injection etc (not an exaustive list) related parts in general are covered till the end of either SW or EW.

Like Ford, Tata also covers suspension and clutch etc only will 30-35k km's in warranty after which they are treated as normal wear and tear.
How do we know what is covered and what is not? Is there a list somewhere?
Old 31st October 2011, 22:42   #5562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english
sansvk, I guess its an auto cut off safety feature. Did you drive 400km without any halts or you had any stoppages in between?
No there could possibly be no such cutoff.
I drove once from chennai to karur and there was no cutoff noticed and this was in mid april.
Temperature was on 40s something outside.
Old 31st October 2011, 23:01   #5563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I was cruising comfortably at 120 kmph, gently put weight to the accelerator and the car climbed to 140 within seconds.
Absolutely true, have driven other famed contenders & I felt the Ford is in the same ball-park
Quote:
At 140 the RPM indicator was hovering around 3200, and I pedaled the accelerator (still not flooring it) and watched as the speedometer climbed to 150.

And then 160. RPMs were about 4000 but the car loved to be revved and seemed to be asking for more.
At 120kmph, my diesel Figo cruises at 3,000 revs, 2,500 revs is achieved at 100kmph.
At 140, I haven't noticed the revs. I just keep it at 130kmph to get rid of soot once a while as it does a bit over 3,000 revs.
Old 31st October 2011, 23:04   #5564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
On my Diwali trip from Bangalore to Palakkad, I noticed that the AC effectiveness suddenly dropped after 400kms of driving. I thought it would have some to do with the AC system. Since my hometown was close by, I decided to switch off the AC drive with the windows rolled down. On the return journey with a fresh start, the AC worked fine again for another 400 odd kms and suddenly died. This time I noticed that the blower wasnt working as it should, changing speed from 1 to 2 or 3 didnt make any difference. Today morning it was all fine again. Does anyone know what could have caused this problem? Anyhow planning to take it for the 20K service later this week.
Did you notice a white mist coming out of the vents? It could be the same problem that I faced. I think the evaporater coil is not working and the pipes get frozen.

I took it to the service center for the third time about this issue and finallyt they told me that this a know thermistor problems which the company has asked the A.S.S to replace in the case of repeated complaints. Way to go Ford!
Old 1st November 2011, 09:43   #5565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
How do we know what is covered and what is not? Is there a list somewhere?
In case of Ford, I only got EW certificate. There is some stuff on the reverse of that which talks about what's covered and what's not, but I think at the end, there is a disclaimer saying parts treated as normal wear and tear are not covered. What are wear/ tear parts and after how much time/ km's they can be treated as wear & tear is not mentioned. Come to think of it, in the long run, whole car is a wear and tear item. So it's not clear and ultimately is left to A.S.S discretion.

Same in the case of Tata. Thread below is an exact nail in the head on this issue. We can discuss more in there, as it's OT here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...et-robbed.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks