Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 10:53   #5431
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Got the door moulds fitted last week at an unconventional place however i think it looks good :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img00006201110110948.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 11th October 2011 at 11:04. Reason: edits
Old 11th October 2011, 10:54   #5432
Senior - BHPian

Reached a landmark couple of days back. Have seen a 911 after that.

@sumathindra: Looks like the Fusion. nice
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image042.jpg  

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 11th October 2011 at 10:56. Reason: To add a quote.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 11:23   #5433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Got the door moulds fitted last week at an unconventional place however i think it looks good :-)
Looks neatly aligned and well fitted. I remember seeing a photo of another Figo here with the same kind of fitting.
Another place were a scratch guard would work on the figo is the part of the rear door near the bulging wheel arches. That's the part which got a couple of light knocks in my car when opened a bit carelessly.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:27   #5434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Looks neatly aligned and well fitted. I remember seeing a photo of another Figo here with the same kind of fitting.
Another place were a scratch guard would work on the figo is the part of the rear door near the bulging wheel arches. That's the part which got a couple of light knocks in my car when opened a bit carelessly.
Yes you are right on the wheel arch bulge, i am exploring possibilities on what needs to be put there against knocks.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:49   #5435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Good to see another silver Figo with the side moldings mounted the way I have. The yellow TeamBHP sticker too looks good.
Old 12th October 2011, 02:33   #5436
Senior - BHPian

Any one else feels FIGO's braking is not upto mark ? After driving around 100 KM on a stretch brakes makes grinding sound during sudden braking ? And after 100 the brakes doesn't inspire much confidence.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:18   #5437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
there is small rattling noises from many places in the car and it comes and goes. It is irritating when driving without audio. There were sound from the dash, front doors. Now i am getting slightly louder noise from the back for the last couple of days (a kind of krrr... krrr...dak...dakk sound). Looks like it is coming from the trunk area. Need to check if not subsiding.
With the help of a friend, i was able to locate the place in trunk from where i am getting the rattling noise. It is coming from the plastic strip which runs in length both side of the lock knob (please refer the picture, it is not my car, image taken from web...). If i press it down in the middle or if i keep a thick cloth above that before closing the door, the sound disappears. Planning to take the car to service station to check for a permanent solution. If any of you faced similar issue and solved, please let me know the details.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-trunk1.jpg  

Old 12th October 2011, 17:25   #5438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Any one else feels FIGO's braking is not upto mark ? After driving around 100 KM on a stretch brakes makes grinding sound during sudden braking ? And after 100 the brakes doesn't inspire much confidence.
I for one feel that the Figo's brakes are not sharp.
Though it rides firmly at high speeds, I do not get the braking confidence and feel that it might not stop firmly in hard braking scenarios.
Old 13th October 2011, 21:58   #5439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
When I compare Figo's brakes with SX4's brakes (which in my opinion have got an awesome set of brakes), I see the following differences-
1. SX4's brakes are silent while Figo's gets noisy on hard braking.
2. SX4's brakes need only light touch while in Figo, you have to press a little hard.
3. SX4's tyres seem to be really soft and seem to stick to the roads like a leech while Figo's tyres (I have stock MRF tyres) seem to be rather hard and not so sticky.
4. SX4's brakes are extremely confidence inspiring, can't say same about Figo.

BUT! As for braking efficiency, I would say that both seem to be equally efficient under speed of 100kph. I have never tested both above 100kph so can't comment on that part.
Old 14th October 2011, 01:03   #5440
BHPian

Mine is 2 1/2 Month Old TDCI and 4000+ KM on odo. I have done all sorts of trips like Highways, city Ghat Section, Very Bad Country side Roads etc. etc and most of the journey has been in rainy season. I feel that Figos Breaks are good enough and I have not heard any squeaking or any other sound while breaking. May be due to My driving style I wont need any emergency breaking and My speeds are most of the time in two digits. I have driven M800 for almost 17 yrs and Compared to That Figo Breaks are reliable and have extra bite which many time annoying me since it stops much earlier than I expect. When wet M800 breaks were not performing well and stopping distance was more than when it was dry.
Old 14th October 2011, 06:55   #5441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry

When I compare Figo's brakes with SX4's brakes (which in my opinion have got an awesome set of brakes), I see the following differences-
1. SX4's brakes are silent while Figo's gets noisy on hard braking.
2. SX4's brakes need only light touch while in Figo, you have to press a little hard.
3. SX4's tyres seem to be really soft and seem to stick to the roads like a leech while Figo's tyres (I have stock MRF tyres) seem to be rather hard and not so sticky.
4. SX4's brakes are extremely confidence inspiring, can't say same about Figo.

BUT! As for braking efficiency, I would say that both seem to be equally efficient under speed of 100kph. I have never tested both above 100kph so can't comment on that part.
I think you are talking about the play of the brake pedal. figo's brakes generally have a little play than other cars like punto for eg. even I feel the same when I drive the figo after I have driven my Linea. but I found out that there is no play for brake pedal on the Linea and so when you just so much as touch the brakes it starts braking. figo has a little space between normal position and point where braking really starts (which I call brake pedal play). figo brakes like any other car in the segment. I would never say brakes are bad on the figo. tires are harder for longer tire life and not so confidence inspiring.
Old 14th October 2011, 09:07   #5442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba

I think you are talking about the play of the brake pedal. figo's brakes generally have a little play than other cars like punto for eg. even I feel the same when I drive the figo after I have driven my Linea. but I found out that there is no play for brake pedal on the Linea and so when you just so much as touch the brakes it starts braking. figo has a little space between normal position and point where braking really starts (which I call brake pedal play). figo brakes like any other car in the segment. I would never say brakes are bad on the figo. tires are harder for longer tire life and not so confidence inspiring.
I agree. The brakes are quite good and I am comparing with the city. One would feel a difference in the feel/sharpness based on if your car has a ABS or not.

I had to brake last week at 140, and the car braked in a straight line. The ABS kicked in and enabled me steer away while braking as well. All this with stock tires. I feel MRF performs worst in wet conditions. Otherwise it is quite OK.

Closing in on 13K kms in the first 5 months and quite happy withe car.

Mechanicals/ engine ++
electricals/niggles -
Old 14th October 2011, 10:38   #5443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I agree. The brakes are quite good and I am comparing with the city. One would feel a difference in the feel/sharpness based on if your car has a ABS or not.

I had to brake last week at 140, and the car braked in a straight line. The ABS kicked in and enabled me steer away while braking as well. All this with stock tires. I feel MRF performs worst in wet conditions. Otherwise it is quite OK.

Closing in on 13K kms in the first 5 months and quite happy withe car.

Mechanicals/ engine ++
electricals/niggles -
So true. In fact read somewhere that Figo has the best 100-0 braking distance (45m) in class (correct me if I am wrong as I do not remember the source).

While I do not have high speed braking comparison, Figo brakes satisfactorily well at higher speeds. At parking speeds, I will have to depress the clutch as I feel that car pulls more when I brake with clutch engaged (but this is more of an engine characteristic with diesel than a fault of brakes).
Old 14th October 2011, 11:07   #5444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
So true. In fact read somewhere that Figo has the best 100-0 braking distance (45m) in class (correct me if I am wrong as I do not remember the source).

While I do not have high speed braking comparison, Figo brakes satisfactorily well at higher speeds. At parking speeds, I will have to depress the clutch as I feel that car pulls more when I brake with clutch engaged (but this is more of an engine characteristic with diesel than a fault of brakes).
Yes I remember the link you have mentioned since I have read it many times while I was finalizing the car. 100-0 distance is 8.7 mtrs less than Swift 1.3 D. My car has come with Good Year and I am finding them to be good No issues at all as far as Ride quality and breaking is Concerned. Similarly Break Pads are also not making any noise or squeaks as many have reported. Yes by reading those threads I am taking a precaution to wash wheels and break disks daily when I am cleaning the car. Due to rain almost every day added to that ongoing road project here, daily car washing has became imperative since I have bought the car. Otherwise I used to wipe car with moist Cloth daily and complete wash at week ends.
Old 16th October 2011, 12:41   #5445
Senior - BHPian

30K service done. As usual car comes back with more problems than it went in. The engine is gruffer. Ford has done some motor care package for the humming noise in the engine. Cluster glass has stopped shaking, but there is a new clatter from within the dash. also from the passenger door. Also mileage according to DTE has reduced. Now it's only showing 850 following full tank. Previously last 2 tankfulls were 911 and 937. The bumper grill still keeps slipping off. After wheel alignment and balancing, tyre noise has suddenly appeared.
I think that routine service should be a DIY. Somehow both Honda and Ford, car comes back worse than it went in. My reasoning is that the cars are so good that they don't like interference. Changing oil and oil filter doesn't require a degree in rocket science.
My bill break-up

wash fluid---51.00
oil filter---314.32
fuel filter---1022.90
strap---45.00
engine oil---1014.00

wheel alignment---250.00
balancing---140.00
consumables---100.00
km service---725.00

motor care charges---290.00

Various taxes---518.06