Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:49   #5401
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I don't think it is a question for war, but something to do with the common rail system. There are anyway no wars, just discussions on TBHP

I'm sure it wasn't his intention to start one, but there have been plenty of "discussions" on team0bhp that were "wars by other means" (look for diesel vs. petrol for example).

Anyway, while 2T oil is not "recommended" by the manufacturers I have read plenty of technical reasons that seem to make sense on why it may not be a bad idea. Also there are bhpians who swear by it, albeit for older cars.

My question is whether it makes sense for the TDCi engine - no theories please. If anybody knows some car was damaged by 2T oil let us all know (again no "I have heard" stuff) also if anybody knows specifically about Figo (or other TDCi cars) using 2T please do let us know.

Last edited by vina : 2nd October 2011 at 20:51.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:43   #5402
BHPian

Well My Ownership thread is on its way but bit differed due to Busy schedule and business meets as of today, but would like share something for those interested in a million dollar question "Kitana Deti Hai ? ".

Today I did two tankfulls just to find pure city and Pure Highways driving FEs. I did last tankfull on Sept 10th immediately after 2.5K service Odo was 2628. After that there was not any Highway run till date only daily commute to office (~7.5 KM one way) only me was occupant all the time and no AC. There were 2 100 KM trips on MDR as client visits AC in to journey but No AC while returning since it was late evening. Today we visited Pune and did a tank full at Shiroli when ODO was 3224, it gulped 31.47 lits costing 1400/-. So FE came about 18.9 for pure City Driving.

Then on return journey I did Tank Full just to check FE as well to fill it outside Octroi limits. It drank about 19.55 lits costing about 870/- and ODO was showing 3687. So FE came about 23.7 for pure Highway Driving. For whole trip there were 4 px all the time with Light luggage in boot and AC was on 100% except Pune city commute of about 15 to 20 KMs. I always fill up to brim and have used HP normal Diesel. For whole journey as per my usual driving style speed was 80 to 100 and RPM was kept between 1500 to 2250 most of the time with timely appropriate gear shifts.

I would like to give credit of this to various Tips shared by fellow BHPians for Driving Ford Figo properly, accordingly I used brakes sparingly, allowed Car to roll with traffic without any accelerator, tried to move to 3/4 gear as soon as possible but without straining/lugging the engine. Now this is slowly becoming my driving habit and hope I could score better figures in times to come.

Another Thing, I bought Hella 700FF from Port Auto Parts in Nana Peth, the guy was so co-operative that he Travelled from Market Yard to Nana peth just to Give me the lamps inspite of his weekly off and was So generous that he gave me about 25% discount on MRP too. The total bill was about 5K. I will get them Installed in Kolhapur this week. Hope it becomes part of Ownership report.

Anyways I am very much happy with Car performance in all respect. I 100% concur with Gemi's Statement "A complete peace of Mind Car" and its original notion "Paisa Vasul Car" (VFM) as GTO has mentioned in his Official review. There is small hitch of Minor dashboard rattle but I am completely ignoring it and has learned to live with it.
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:44   #5403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Amazing DTE figures. Hope it includes atleast 50% of AC. Also a bit of satisfaction that all things are working fine .
Am currently in Tirunelveli so A/c usage is 100%. Infact more than 100% if you consider A/c in idling too.
Also I routinely get about 750. It's just that the past 2 times i've got ~820 and ~860. BTW the DTE is higly inaccurate to measure FE. Now my trip meter is 211 and the DTE is 746. A total of 957. Hard to believe.
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:58   #5404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Am currently in Tirunelveli so A/c usage is 100%. Infact more than 100% if you consider A/c in idling too.
Also I routinely get about 750. It's just that the past 2 times i've got ~820 and ~860. BTW the DTE is higly inaccurate to measure FE. Now my trip meter is 211 and the DTE is 746. A total of 957. Hard to believe.
I am keeping daily record of DTE + Trip reading to understand how DTE functions. Though too early to draw conclusions I found that DTE is affected very much by most recent Drive pattern. If you drive by and large in City in stop and go conditions the DTE figures are quite low. Then if you take a drive of 50/60 KM the drop in DTE is just 25 to 30 KM. So if nature of Drives is varying drastically then DTE figures are Misleading.

Since Last tank full I did a very similar commutes and My DTE+Trip reading / 40 lit Figure matched perfectly with TF to TF FE figure i.e. DTE+Trip was 757/40 = 18.46 and Actual FE came about 18.9.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:45   #5405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Awesome FE figures there! How did the DTE numbers compare to the tankfill method in the Figo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Since Last tank full I did a very similar commutes and My DTE+Trip reading / 40 lit Figure matched perfectly with TF to TF FE figure i.e. DTE+Trip was 757/40 = 18.46 and Actual FE came about 18.9.
Going a little off topic here
This weekend I did a full tank to full tank.
My first DTE was 734 (which is normal for my figo)
I traveled 682kms and the DTE was showing 240kms
I filled up again the DTE was 762 now.
I filled 30 liters of diesel
Mileage = 682/30 = 22 something kmpl (I am happy)
(AC was on 60percent of the time only)

The drive was with the newly fixed Race chip and over a variety of terrain. with atleast 200kms of good highways, 300kms of ghat roads and rest mixed.

Figo Rocks on highways. With the race chip on even more.

The Race chip does not have much influence on the fuel efficiency.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:18   #5406
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So FE came about 18.9 for pure City Driving.
. So FE came about 23.7 for pure Highway Driving.

Another Thing, I bought Hella 700FF from Port Auto Parts in Nana Peth, the guy was so co-operative that he Travelled from Market Yard to Nana peth just to Give me the lamps inspite of his weekly off and was So generous that he gave me about 25% discount on MRP too. The total bill was about 5K. I will get them Installed in Kolhapur this week. Hope it becomes part of Ownership report.

**There is small hitch of Minor dashboard rattle but I am completely ignoring it and has learned to live with it.
Great Mileage. You are a fast learner. I have got 25.7 on pure highway driving with 100% AC with 4 no of adults/luggages but I never crossed 80k@2000rpm. TDCi delivers good mileage if handled well.

**Ford would be happy to see these kind replies from its Figo customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
DTE projects the future mileage based on the past driving history.
957/45 comes around 21+ which seems to be correct. I think DTE does not include idling parameters of the previous history( correct if I am wrong). If you can do a tankfill now, then it should intake around 35Litres.

More reports of consistent mileage figures are being seen now . The engines are well set and owners used to draw up the max. It is the need of the hour as the fuel prices are increasing steadily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

The drive was with the newly fixed Race chip and over a variety of terrain. with atleast 200kms of good highways, 300kms of ghat roads and rest mixed.

Figo Rocks on highways. With the race chip on even more.

The Race chip does not have much influence on the fuel efficiency.
Can you throw more light on race chip.
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:42   #5407
BHPian

Quote:
Great Mileage. You are a fast learner. I have got 25.7 on pure highway driving with 100% AC with 4 no of adults/luggages but I never crossed 80k@2000rpm. TDCi delivers good mileage if handled well.

**Ford would be happy to see these kind replies from its Figo customers.
Thanks for Compliment, but I would say its result of Great Guidance given by T-BHP mentors augmented by my eagerness to perfection.

Indeed Ford will be Happy to see results of their efforts to improving product.

Quote:
More reports of consistent mileage figures are being seen now . The engines are well set and owners used to draw up the max. It is the need of the hour as the fuel prices are increasing steadily.
Few days ago I was invited at dealership for new Customer Meet. There dealership service centre updated us about some technical aspects of Car and showed how few minor things we can do when car stops in between a journey like How and where a jack can be applied, how to remove water from Fuel filter etc. etc. I think they should conduct a Class about proper driving Style of Ford Figo since its really different than other Cars. For diesel using 2nd gear is nack one has to master with deliberate efforts.

Similarly I read a report on Training conducted at Banglore by Ford for BHPians. Can ford make video of such training Camp and distribute to other dealerships
so that other ppl will get benefited.

Quote:
I think he has promised somewhere that he will update it in his ownership report. Let us see when he finds time to do that.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:30   #5408
BHPian

Quote:
Today we visited Pune and did a tank full at Shiroli when ODO was 3224, it gulped 31.47 lits costing 1400/-. So FE came about 18.9 for pure City Driving.
Excellent figures considering the road conditions in Kollhapur (Or you are staying in an are where most road construction is complete (Btw, I too am from Kolhapur now shifted to Pune!)

I never got more than 17Kmpl for Pune city driving and I get around 19Kmpl on Pune - Kolhapur highway but then I drive at 120+ sometimes so I think this is still okay.

Now, looking at the figures that you all have been posting, I am should try to drive at around 80 or <80 when I go to Kolhapur next time. Unfortunately, the time traffic conditions are such that it may take 5 odd hours to cover this distance of just 230Km!!
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:56   #5409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post

I never got more than 17Kmpl for Pune city driving and I get around 19Kmpl on Pune - Kolhapur highway but then I drive at 120+ sometimes so I think this is still okay.
Valid point.

I too drive at speeds >100 and I do not see much improvement from city figures. If I get 17.5 in city I get not more than 19 on highways!!

I think mileage range is between 80-100.

The reason I guess is transmission system. Fourth gear ratio is almost equal to 1 and fifth gear ratio is at .76.

Compare that with Vista for example. last three ratios are 1.13 : 0.74 : 0.636 for 3,4 and 5 respectively. So Vista's fourth is as good as Figo's fifth practically making Vista a Six Speed box. This could be the main reason why Vista gets a lot of mileage.

Swift and Figo have similar gear ratios though!

Last edited by anilisanil : 3rd October 2011 at 15:04.
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:23   #5410
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

I think he has promised somewhere that he will update it in his ownership report. Let us see when he finds time to do that.

Your wish is my command.

I have indeed updated the experience. Check this out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ford-figo.html

I have to share more impressions about the drive feel and the difference, which I will be doing today.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:51   #5411
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Saw your thread. Figo with high speed power is something wonderful. The race chip site has included lot of Indian cars.

Will get some clarification once you post some photos regarding installation.
My assumption is, the signals to the common rail sensor are passed through the race chip.

It would be better if some Auto-Electronics engineers give the real technology behind this.
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:57   #5412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Excellent figures considering the road conditions in Kollhapur (Or you are staying in an are where most road construction is complete (Btw, I too am from Kolhapur now shifted to Pune!)

Now, looking at the figures that you all have been posting, I am should try to drive at around 80 or <80 when I go to Kolhapur next time. Unfortunately, the time traffic conditions are such that it may take 5 odd hours to cover this distance of just 230Km!!
Yes you are right on dot. I live near ITI and My office is at CBS. I take a bit longer route for my daily commute i.e. ITI -> Hotel Indira Sagar -> Siber -> Takala -> CBS. All road Construction is Completed and its a 4 lane road with no potholes very thin traffic except for last stretch. I could manage most of the run in 4th/5th gear and at speed of 50/60 without much breaking. Though this route is 7.3 KM than city alternative of 5.5 KM i use this and in turn save time and money. If I use City Alternative then it takes about 25 to 40 minutes and by this route it takes about 12 to 18 Minutes at the most.

On NH4 Kolhapur to Pune I am always getting amazing FE figures right from the begining, even with M800 I was getting FE of 23/24 even with 5px and boot filled to brim. The reason may be I start from Kolhapur at 5:00/5:30 AM and reach pune by 9:30/10:00 AM and while returning I start by 3:30/4:00 PM and reach Kolhapur by 8:00/8:30 PM and I have noticed that Otherside of road has always more traffic and long queues at toll booths. Unforunately your timings might be exactly opposite to my my timings of commute. Other factor might be Driving style I have not driven any vehicle aggressively in my life time. I prefer to be very sedate and trying to maintain Momentum of vehicle as far as possible. The reason for this is First vehicle I drove and learnt driving on is TATA 1210 SE truck which we were owning in 78-81 period. Our truck driver taught me Driving it and I used to drive fully loaded truck (with Sand/Metal/rubbles) on outskirt roads with negligible traffic in that era. I was doing Engineering Graduation at that time and this used to only happen in vacation period not on day to day basis.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:08   #5413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba

Your wish is my command.

I have indeed updated the experience. Check this out.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ford-figo.html

I have to share more impressions about the drive feel and the difference, which I will be doing today.
Congrats! I am so tempted to follow your route. What are the downsides to this? Anyone?
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:44   #5414
Senior - BHPian

Today in the afternoon i realised that the AC was not working when the CAR was STILL, but it would work when it was running on the road, i was sure that the FAN was not working as FIGO has same fan for the radiator and the condenser i was expecting the TEMP light to come on. and it did on my way to the Ford SS. they promply replaced the Fuse for the fan which had gone bust and informed that some of the models came with a 50 Amp fuse where as it should be 60.
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:51   #5415
Senior - BHPian

came across this : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

This got me thinking, are we living with a bad car? tch tch!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks