Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 20:19   #5371
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
By continuing with the up-sized tires, you may come to know whether the rack issue was due to the tires or faulty rack.
My M800 ran on upsized 155/70R12 for around 55K Kms without any issues with steering/suspension. That is all I am expecting from Fig

Nothing more Nothing less.

It really surprises me how much mechanical tolerance will Ford be giving on these parts so that it breaks off when 175 section tyres are changed to 185.

My friends swift ran on 205/50R15 for 80+K without any issues. Another friends i20 is running on 215/??R16 section tyres, for around 40K Kms.

@ r_devakumar, my previous rack used to hissss when turned full lock. new rack does not hiss. that is not an issue as such. i thought maybe the new rack is from a different vendor & possibly better than the old one.

Long drives with twisting roads are best enjoyed in a Figo (especially if you are a little tight on budget) so I--> the rack & enjoy the drive.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 27th September 2011 at 20:28.
Old 27th September 2011, 22:26   #5372
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
@ r_devakumar, my previous rack used to hissss when turned full lock. new rack does not hiss. that is not an issue as such. i thought maybe the new rack is from a different vendor & possibly better than the old one.

Long drives with twisting roads are best enjoyed in a Figo (especially if you are a little tight on budget) so I--> the rack & enjoy the drive.
I asked the SM after replacement. He said, the rack was supplied by Rane Motors for OEM & Spares.

Absolutely Yes. Hill driving can be thoroughly enjoyed on a Figo.
Old 27th September 2011, 23:45   #5373
BHPian

Thank you Anil and Revved up for your valuable input. That thought crossed my mind also but I completely forgot that the Figo had a bigger compressor and hence the extra load.

What other points should I mention when the car goes for its first service?

Skyline GT-R, I have upsized my Figo's tyres to 185/65 R14 Bridgestone Potenzas and in addition to be all round good performers, they are much more silent than than those woody MRFs. One need not brake hard at 100kph to check the effectiveness of tyres. This was mentioned by a member some posts back. On our recent Mumbai trip, the Figo behaved impeccabily, especially when overtaking trailers at low speeds in the ghat as well as sudden direction changes.

The Figo's responsive steering is also to be complemented for this.
Old 28th September 2011, 08:51   #5374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@RGK & figo_mba

@Statement, I guess Bosch wipers will not ruin the wiper motor or something because figo_mba has been using it for some time now. With Ford it's always a gamble.

Only saving grace is the super driving experience.
Even i have been using BOSCH wipers since may, the start of monsoons. No problems faced yet. It rather served me quite well and the performance have been much better than OE wipers.

@Skyline, Please post some pics of your modded vehicle.I Am very curious to know how it will look.I Am thinking of upgrading the wheel size of my ride
Old 28th September 2011, 10:29   #5375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Even i have been using BOSCH wipers since may, the start of monsoons. No problems faced yet. It rather served me quite well and the performance have been much better than OE wipers.

@Skyline, Please post some pics of your modded vehicle.I Am very curious to know how it will look.I Am thinking of upgrading the wheel size of my ride
Are these wipers available with A.S.S.C. or you have bought it after market ?
Old 28th September 2011, 10:50   #5376
BHPian

@ AmarP, Slightly wider + higher profile tyres are always recommended if it does not scrape the mudguards & project out from the wheel arch.

Our car's GC has been increased by 5-6 mm due to this upgrade & the underbelly scraping issue was experienced in my car only once in the 15000+ kms covered so far.

OE MRF is woody? You must try the OE GoodYears! Mine was generating way too much noise & steering vibes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Don't know if this upgrade can be officially called a "mod" according to TBHP standards.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-ps.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ooty-041.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ooty-065.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0025.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0036.jpg  

Old 28th September 2011, 11:06   #5377
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Skyline -- Car looks very nice. I was expecting more closeup shots of your tyre and alloy upgrade.

Yes. My OE Goodyear creates so much noise on good roads.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:10   #5378
BHPian

Hey All,
I have driven about 18k on my diesel Figo, off late for the past 2 months my fuel efficiency has been dropping significantly from 14 kmpl to about 11.5 kmpl. My reasoning is that my drive to office that used to take 40 mins is taking me close to an hour, similarly the drive back has become longer with more of 1st or 2nd gear driving. Its all city driving conditions with AC in 2nd speed during morning and 1 during evenings. I could also see the DTE dropping during every fuel fill from 624 to 540. I am due for servicing in another 1500kms. Anything else that i need to do?
Old 28th September 2011, 12:19   #5379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey All,
I have driven about 18k on my diesel Figo, off late for the past 2 months my fuel efficiency has been dropping significantly from 14 kmpl to about 11.5 kmpl. My reasoning is that my drive to office that used to take 40 mins is taking me close to an hour, similarly the drive back has become longer with more of 1st or 2nd gear driving. Its all city driving conditions with AC in 2nd speed during morning and 1 during evenings. I could also see the DTE dropping during every fuel fill from 624 to 540. I am due for servicing in another 1500kms. Anything else that i need to do?
I think drop in fuel efficiency is an indication that your car needs to be serviced immediately. Though the service interval is set for 10K, it would be a good idea to get servicing done at 7-8K intervals considering that you strain your car a lot.

Also, 14 KMPL in itself is a bit low, so raise your voice on your mileage and ask them to get it checked in your presence if possible.

Other reasons for bad FE could be fuel quality, try changing fuel pumps.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 12:32   #5380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I think drop in fuel efficiency is an indication that your car needs to be serviced immediately. Though the service interval is set for 10K, it would be a good idea to get servicing done at 7-8K intervals considering that you strain your car a lot.

Also, 14 KMPL in itself is a bit low, so raise your voice on your mileage and ask them to get it checked in your presence if possible.

Other reasons for bad FE could be fuel quality, try changing fuel pumps.
Thanks dude, will check that. I had raised the issue of FE earlier and did a FE City test it came to 10.5kmpl mainly because of heavy traffic conditions. For city driving 14kmpl is a good one IMO. I have taken highway with my car and have seen maximum of 20kmpl and 18kmpl avg on highways. Will take the car for service within a week or so. Thanks for your help
scorpio07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 15:35   #5381
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Are these wipers available with A.S.S.C. or you have bought it after market ?
I bought it after market. Had cost me Rs 350 then, plus Rs 100 for the rear wipers.

Quote:

Our car's GC has been increased by 5-6 mm due to this upgrade & the underbelly scraping issue was experienced in my car only once in the 15000+ kms covered so far.
"Mod" within standards or not, the final outcome looks good enough. Can you share the details as a PM please?

Quote:
Hey All,
Drop in fuel efficiency after 15k, approaching 20k is quite normal i believe. I also experienced it. It came back to normalcy after the servicing. However, your driving conditions also contributed to such low figures. Anyways, keep a tab and definitely ask the A.S.S to have a deep look into this issue. Moreover, there is nothing wrong if you take it for servicing a bit early
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 15:45   #5382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude, will check that. I had raised the issue of FE earlier and did a FE City test it came to 10.5kmpl mainly because of heavy traffic conditions. For city driving 14kmpl is a good one IMO. I have taken highway with my car and have seen maximum of 20kmpl and 18kmpl avg on highways. Will take the car for service within a week or so. Thanks for your help
Forgot to mention, go through the service schedule for 20K servicing and make sure you get everything done as per the schedule, it might cost a bit more, but it is worth it!
Old 28th September 2011, 16:20   #5383
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey All,
Longtime no update from you. Welcome. I remember you travel through the highly crowded Arcot road area and even did a Mileage test with Ford (went upto Tambaram etc...) Correct me if I am wrong. Better do a complete check up during the 20K service.
Also my bit of adivce, just plan for a long drive (after service) and give your car the feel of constant speed in case if you are doing the crowded city routes always.
Old 28th September 2011, 18:04   #5384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Longtime no update from you. Welcome. I remember you travel through the highly crowded Arcot road area and even did a Mileage test with Ford (went upto Tambaram etc...) Correct me if I am wrong. Better do a complete check up during the 20K service.
Also my bit of adivce, just plan for a long drive (after service) and give your car the feel of constant speed in case if you are doing the crowded city routes always.
@RGK i take the annasalai to Porur route, yes i did take a mileage test within city, will get a complete check during the service

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Forgot to mention, go through the service schedule for 20K servicing and make sure you get everything done as per the schedule, it might cost a bit more, but it is worth it!
THanks Anil, will do so. You mean the chart that takes about what to be done at every service right?
Old 29th September 2011, 01:12   #5385
BHPian

Wanted to have USB connectivity since long time in my figo.
Obviously wont going to give 1200 just for USB Cable.
So made the DIY Cable. PinOut Diagram is given on last page of manual book.
Cost
USB Cable - 70 Rs.
Connector Pins ( used from Old fried SMPS) - 0 Rs.

PIN Color Function
1 White Data +

2 Black Ground

4 Red +5V

6 Green Data -

Make Sure you Insulate all 4 Pins with good insulation. I used Anchor Electrical Tape. it is important that Pins do not touch each other. and connectors on HU is very nearby from each other.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img2011092700033.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img2011092800034.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img2011092800035.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img2011092800036.jpg  

Last edited by nisarg86 : 29th September 2011 at 01:13.
nisarg86 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks