Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:57   #5326
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

After my earlier rant on the gearbox issue another issue has come to haunt me. I'm getting a little irritated now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Man now I got the stalling problem. Car died on my while downshifting from 5th to 4th while I was trying to overtake. Got the beep beep chime as soon as I depressed the clutch, didn't realise so slotted into 4th and released clutch; engine came back to life.

This is the first time ever in 11,700kms this has happened. It happened 5 minutes after I left home means the engine wasn't fully warmed up.
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:19   #5327
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Can you check out which injector exactly has developed the problem. I'm asking since 2 of them in my car has been replaced (Cylinder 1 & 3). The exact same injectors have been replaced in RGK's car here. Just want to check if it's the same case with your's. Anyways this is no good news for the Figo owners and yeah they blamed the fuel quality in my case too. The only difference is that in my car, the idling noise seemed to have increased a bit AFTER the injector replacements
Yes Fuel quality is blamed. I even asked the SA/Managers to recommend a quality or authorised fuel station, but they did not. In my case, the pickup of the vehicle improved. My 80kmph was against 1900-1950 rpm instead of 2k.

@Vid - Sorry to hear. Even though the car is good, there are some serious quality failures in the product.

<<<Wonder what would be the cost of ownership in the absence of warranty. Within first 3000 kms, they've replaced Fog Lamp kit (worth 3500) and 1 injector (worth 12000 !!). Seeing my reaction to the cost of injector, the SA advised me to purchase 4th year warranty.>>>

@scand - My replacement list is more than yours . 4th year warranty is not given till now and heard that Ford is working out some plan on the same. It would be communicated through SC's.

Dhanushs is correct.
It easily drinks more than 2 litres of fuel after auto cutoff.
Auto cutoff method never gives correct mileage.
Need to be patient to fill up to the brim and wait to see that the fuel does not go down. Then repeat again for refill to check the exact mileage.

Last edited by RGK : 23rd September 2011 at 13:22.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:39   #5328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
...Seeing my reaction to the cost of injector, the SA advised me to purchase 4th year warranty.
ScanD - Are you sure he mentioned 4th year and not 3rd. I am being told that 4th year EW is not an option on the Figo. Only 3rd year is available which I have taken. Has anyone got 4th year EW on Figo, if so at what price and how many km's does it cover? Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:44   #5329
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
ScanD - Are you sure he mentioned 4th year and not 3rd. I am being told that 4th year EW is not an option on the Figo. Only 3rd year is available which I have taken. Has anyone got 4th year EW on Figo, if so at what price and how many km's does it cover? Thanks
Absolutely. No 4th EW so far. Now it seems necessary to have 4th year EW on seeing the rate of failure of critical components.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:10   #5330
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is a just one off random failure which is a quite normal. We have not seen any repetitive pattern of component failure indicating bad design or production issue.

I guess as of now there is no 4th year warranty on offer by Ford !
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:43   #5331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
sorry for the confusion. I already have 3rd year warranty cover (provided by Ford as part of corporate offer) Its possible that the SA isn't aware that 4th yr warranty is not yet being offered on Figo.
He wasn't aware of a many other things as well.. like:
1) Unaware that recent Figos (i guess between March and June 2011) came with Fog lamp wiring and switch even though fog lamps were not part of stock Titaniums
2) unaware of the "ECU firmware upgrade that reduces engine noise and improves performance"
3) he recommended System-D .. but couldn't suggest a place where it can be purchased (he said "any petrol bunk".. but it is available only in BPCL)
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:11   #5332
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I guess this is a just one off random failure which is a quite normal. We have not seen any repetitive pattern of component failure indicating bad design or production issue.

Sorry to differ here. The failures of various components are experienced by many Figo owners in tbhp. We do not know about non-bhpians' ownership experience here. The standard of the quality is the big question rather than the pattern of failures.
Except a very few, all reported some type of premature failures and replacements during the 18months (max period so far) of ownership. But no doubt, the car is pleasure to drive.

Last edited by RGK : 23rd September 2011 at 22:14.
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:16   #5333
BHPian

Guys I am holding a cousin's Figo since he is in US. Took it for its weekly drive out today. Car got into an accident. A Skoda Octavia banged into its rear. The rear bumper which is made out of such fragile material has started hanging loose. It seems to have broken off. One off the edges is broken off and the other bolts holding it seem to have come off. I think I might have to replace the bumper as repair is out of the question. Any idea how much it would set me back by? Any pointers ASAP would be of much help. Thanks in advance. Drive safe guys!

Cheers,
Kaushik
Old 24th September 2011, 00:05   #5334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123

Figo's problems, from the minor rattles and squeaks to the major engine stalling have been consistent and repetitive across more than one TBHP member owned Figos. You also see similar problems being discussed in their Facebook page.
Not only is there a quality slipup in the components and processes but there is also either a dogged refusal to accept or
plain inability to solve these problems from Ford's end.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 07:53   #5335
Senior - BHPian

@kaush, the bumper would be cheap enough, Rs.1900. But painting and labour would make it 3K or more.
Old 24th September 2011, 08:36   #5336
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta or ikon owners never reported this stalling. Why figo alone? maybe it is the ECU program(figo specific)?

Ford must do something, ASAP. Facebook and forums are widely read these days.
Old 25th September 2011, 14:41   #5337
BHPian

I recently bought a new Ford Figo. The review of them same can be found here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-petrol.html

The car was delivered to me with a scratch on the windscreen. I am confused if I should replace the windscreen under warranty or go for compensation by asking for seat covers with extra padding. The cost of replacing windscreen according to the following link is INR 5,500.
Ford India - Ford Figo - Ownership

Note to mods Please delete my earlier post which I posted on this thread today. The earlier post was done without proper research and I am really sorry for this.
Old 25th September 2011, 19:10   #5338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I recently bought a new Ford Figo. The review of them same can be found here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...go-petrol.html

The car was delivered to me with a scratch on the windscreen. I am confused if I should replace the windscreen under warranty or go for compensation by asking for seat covers with extra padding. The cost of replacing windscreen according to the following link is INR 5,500.
Ford India - Ford Figo - Ownership

Note to mods Please delete my earlier post which I posted on this thread today. The earlier post was done without proper research and I am really sorry for this.
Hi Delivscry,
congrats on your new purchase, All the best with the Figo.
Just wanted to know what is the waiting period quoted by the dealer now. I know you bought a petrol one, but do you have any idea on the waiting period for deisel cars in your area. Last someone had reported a 3 months waiting period for the car..
Old 25th September 2011, 19:27   #5339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Delivscry,
congrats on your new purchase, All the best with the Figo.
Just wanted to know what is the waiting period quoted by the dealer now. I know you bought a petrol one, but do you have any idea on the waiting period for deisel cars in your area. Last someone had reported a 3 months waiting period for the car..
I have been to the stockyard of several Ford dealers in Delhi and saw that dozens of diesel Figo's are there which are not booked.

I would say that there is no waiting list for Figo's, petrol or diesel. And if a dealer is telling you that there is a waiting list then they are just fooling you.

You should call all the dealers and you will see how other dealers admit having Figo's in their stockyard in attempt to get you to buy from their dealer.
Old 25th September 2011, 23:48   #5340
BHPian

Does Anybody Know rating of Alternator in Ford Figo TDCI ? and what is maximum wattage of appliances it can support when engine is On. I am aware that if excess power than capacity of Alternator is Drawn then it will Drain the Battery but I would like to avoid it. I read some where that Alternator Capacity : actual Load ratio should be 2 to 2.5 : 1, is it a valid norm ?

The Rating of Aux. Power Supply in cabin is 12V 10Amp as per manual. Can somebody tell me What is maximum wattage appliance I can attach to this Power source. I planning to buy a automatic pressure control tire inflation pump. If I know maximum wattage supported by Aux. Power Point then I can select pump accordingly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks