Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2011, 11:18   #5296
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Guys, What does the DTE show when you tank up? Mine shows a measly 543 KM. Its completely city driving and that too in the Bangalore bumper-bumper traffic. Wanted to check whether am doing very bad and need to alter my driving style, or if that's the avg. to expect.
I too experienced same for my last Tank Full DTE was 560 odd but after about 390 KMs on trip meter it shows 370. Before last but one TankFull it showed 630 odd but tankfull to tankfull average came out to be 19.9 KMPL. It seems DTE figure calculations are somewhat strange so Since last Tankfull I am Observing DTE+Trip meter readings daily and keeping record of it for the drive between the readings.

Though too early to comment I would like to share my Observations. For a Trip of 40 KM on empty roads it looses 20KM in DTE. In city also same thing happens like for a 7 KM drive DTE looses 3 KM. If you drive in 2nd gear and traffic is stop and go then DTE looses 10KM for 7KM trip. At next tank ful I will post .xls with driving pattern to have some diet to Hungry BHPians.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:20   #5297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, What does the DTE show when you tank up? Mine shows a measly 543 KM. Its completely city driving and that too in the Bangalore bumper-bumper traffic. Wanted to check whether am doing very bad and need to alter my driving style, or if that's the avg. to expect.
Bangalore’s bumper to bumper traffic & bad roads is generally to be blamed for the low FE, besides personel driving style.

DTE is an approximate figure which is greatly influenced depending on driving style and road conditions. Every time the vehicle is started, the average fuel consumption data over the last 500 km is taken as the reference to calculate the DTE based on the amount of fuel remaining in the tank.

Here is some more FAQ on DTE http://www.drivingford.in/wp-content...07/DTE_FAQ.pdf
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 11:32   #5298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
I too experienced same for my last Tank Full DTE was 560 odd but after about .... next tank ful I will post .xls with driving pattern to have some diet to Hungry BHPians.
Thanks Whitelion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Bangalore’s bumper to bumper traffic & bad roads is generally to be blamed for the low FE, besides personel driving style.
Yes I do understand that the DTE varies depending on conditions and driving style. Just wanted an average figure of other BHPians to figure out how bad my driving style is. To top it am new to Diesel, after driving an alto for a So your DTE figure on tankup would be helpful please.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:13   #5299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Whitelion.

Yes I do understand that the DTE varies depending on conditions and driving style. Just wanted an average figure of other BHPians to figure out how bad my driving style is. To top it am new to Diesel, after driving an alto for a So your DTE figure on tankup would be helpful please.
My last DTE figure was 735km, but I did some highway driving hence the figures are better than yours.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:19   #5300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
8 chimes greeted me again and I didn't post it on the other thread as it didn't happen while downshifting.

I was over 120kmph, braked hard, came to a halt, shifted to first, tried releasing the clutch & was greeted by the chimes.

My Car is at 8,000kms & this is the exact thing which had happened at some 3500-4,000 kms odd.

Been tanking up at the same COCO pump since the Car came home, driving the same way. Tried replicating the issue, but the chimes never came (glad they didn't)
You should post it in the other thread. Even though it seems that it didn't happen while downshifting, i think the scenario is almost the same when you came all the top order down from 120kmph and shifted to first gear. Check out that thread. We were recently discussing rich flame out and ECU failures.

on retrospect, i wonder what Ford is doing about it. Just sit on sidelines and watch the fun. I would say irresponsible A.S.S
Old 21st September 2011, 14:12   #5301
BHPian

Quote:
My last DTE figure was 735km, but I did some highway driving hence the figures are better than yours.
After Driving on NH4 for 240KM and Tankfull I have recorded 820 but it dropped to 790 after driving 10 to 15 KM in congested city traffic while reaching Home. I think for DTE calculations it might be giving more weightage to recent Driving data and spread might be last 500 KMs but with reducing weightage. Well I am recording Observations since last week and I will post all data with driving pattern and Tank Full to Tank Full FE figures For further research here.

If Other Figo owners are Interested then they also can start collecting data and lets start a Different thread on This topic. I think we should record Trip/Odo + DTE and Type of road, avg speed, avg gear, type of traffic etc. etc. Others can suggest any other information to add. Hope this study will help Figo owners to improve the FE and new owners to adopt correct driving style.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:14   #5302
BANNED

I got this reading of 822 on my fusion tdci with 50% highway n 50% city driving with 100% ac. This was in bangalore. Filled from empty mark ie. Dte at 40 kms and filled 38 liters of diesel.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 21st September 2011 at 14:16.
Old 21st September 2011, 14:32   #5303
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
After Driving on NH4 for 240KM and Tankfull I have recorded 820 but it dropped to 790 after driving 10 to 15 KM in congested city traffic while reaching Home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I got this reading of 822 on my fusion tdci with 50% highway n 50% city driving with 100% ac.
Whoa!! I must be doing some really bad driving. The funny thing is I do not redline (I think thats a no brainer in bangalore traffic). Does anyone else get the same DTE reading as mine i.e. 543, or do I get the award for the worst driving?
Old 21st September 2011, 16:35   #5304
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa!! I must be doing some really bad driving. The funny thing is I do not redline (I think thats a no brainer in bangalore traffic). Does anyone else get the same DTE reading as mine i.e. 543, or do I get the award for the worst driving?
543 is not too low. Even Gemi got very low figures initially and now he is getting a decent mileage of around 18kmpl. Individual driving style, traffic and road conditions decide the mileage.
Anyhow fill the fuel preferably in COCO or reputed fuel station. Once my onward journey gave a pathetic mileage of 16kmpl and the return on the same route gave me 20+. I suspected the fuel station.

<<<<<The Tire company engineer was probably an idiot or trying to sell his own brand. Going by his logic - Apollo Accelere would be softer and have a lesser grip than Bridgestone S322 ! Indian tires are on par with the foreign brands - however most tires that are made by indian manufacturers have a harder compound because our market is more inclined towards longevity and ability to take abuse rather than grip!>>>>

@Techn010gist- Thats what he meant. Indian rubber are bit hard desgined for better tire mileage which is nothing but longevity.

Last edited by RGK : 21st September 2011 at 16:37.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 17:37   #5305
BHPian

I did two tankfuls meaning tankful to empty(DTE=4) to tankful to empty(DTE=5).

My trip meter reading 1924kms. 70% highway and 30 percent city roads.

My DTE reading in both instances were 742 and 720.

Adding the DTE figures are not going to give me 1924 anyways.

DTE gives me a rough indication of when to tank up and I am happy with that.

I have Goodyear GT3 on mine. I think they are pretty good. I have not driven on other tires cos even my linea runs on GT3s. My tires look good and might easily take me to 50K kms. After that I am thinking HANKOOK.
Old 21st September 2011, 18:02   #5306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba
I did two tankfuls meaning tankful to empty(DTE=4) to tankful to empty(DTE=5).

My trip meter reading 1924kms. 70% highway and 30 percent city roads.

My DTE reading in both instances were 742 and 720.

Adding the DTE figures are not going to give me 1924 anyways.

DTE gives me a rough indication of when to tank up and I am happy with that.
figo_mba, I don't know whether your Figo is a Diesel or not. Going by the DTE readings posted, guess it's a Diesel. If so, don't wait for so long (DTE =4) to tank up. Diesels don't like that. If you wait for the tank to go near empty, there is a good chance that air bubbles will get into the fuel lines. So, fill up at around 1/4th mark.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 19:33   #5307
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone else get the same DTE reading as mine i.e. 543, or do I get the award for the worst driving?
I get this number of 543 when my tank is full (petrol). In Bangalore I consistently get between 11 & 12kmpl and a recent highway trip got me 15kmpl. It has a lot to do with your driving style, someone with a light right foot might get better numbers.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:35   #5308
Team-BHP Support

My DTE shows ~600kms when I fill up every time. Finally, the 79kms warning chime comes on when the trip shows distance covered as 480kms. Effectively FE is just around 14kmpl in city traffic for me. I don't drive through too bad traffic.

The gears have become extremely rough and are not slick anymore. Almost as if they get stuck between gears. Engine feels laboured just 1,500kms after the 10K service.

With just 11,500kms on the odo it looks I need to make a trip to Metro Ford to see what's going on.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:43   #5309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
My DTE shows ~600kms when I fill up every time. Finally, the 79kms warning chime comes on when the trip shows distance covered as 480kms. Effectively FE is just around 14kmpl in city traffic for me. I don't drive through too bad traffic.

The gears have become extremely rough and are not slick anymore. Almost as if they get stuck between gears. Engine feels laboured just 1,500kms after the 10K service.

With just 11,500kms on the odo it looks I need to make a trip to Metro Ford to see what's going on.
I suggest you visit lathangi ford at any day around 0845 hrs and spot the mechanics who are individually working on cars, the rest that start work at 0930 hrs are duds.

Tell the SA that you want one of those experienced mechanics whom you spotted earlier to look into your car.

Also if you know the local language then its a big plus as you can then easily interact with the mechanic directly. Otherwise take a friend who speaks the language along.

Also you can meet mr. Swaroop at lathangi service and ask him to get your car checked thoroughly by the best guy.
Old 21st September 2011, 20:53   #5310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I suggest you visit lathangi ford at any day around 0845 hrs and spot the mechanics who are individually working on cars, the rest that start work at 0930 hrs are duds.

Tell the SA that you want one of those experienced mechanics whom you spotted earlier to look into your car.
Thanks Mustang. Any pointers on what should be looked at. The gears are really bad and it's almost impossible to shift from 1st to second smoothly. 2nd to third is even worst with the gear lever literally having to be forced.

I got the gears checked during the 10K service a few weeks back and they said that the cables were adjusted. Felt a little different for a few days but then back to square one.

I make sure there is no excessive use of clutch and no half clutching at all.

Also, after the service I have noticed that the usual behaviour of diesel engines of accelerating and maintaining speed without accelerator pressed is gone in my car. It now needs a downshift to prevent stalling and wont just start accelerating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks