Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2011, 15:06   #5221
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Does anyone have any idea on what are the waiting periods for Diesel Figos in Chennai.
At last, I had heard that the waiting period has gone upto 3 months. Is that true.

I am planning to purchase Figo in a month or two. I am wondering should I start looking for people to sell my Estilo from now itself or should I do it later.

Any information on the waiting period will help.
Old 11th September 2011, 15:24   #5222
BHPian

xingamazon, chennai ford has diesel figos available for delivery. Please let me know if you want contacts at chennai ford
Old 11th September 2011, 15:28   #5223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
xingamazon, chennai ford has diesel figos available for delivery. Please let me know if you want contacts at chennai ford

Hi MutantX thanks for the update.
I am looking for buying the vehicle in 2-3 months, good to know its available for delivery. Lets hope the status remains the same even after two months.
Old 11th September 2011, 15:41   #5224
Senior - BHPian

A compare of the Figo 1.4 TDCi with the new kid on the block diesel Beat by Top Gear. Read on at ..
http://www.topgear.com/india/car-gal...beat/itemid-89

Last edited by tj123 : 11th September 2011 at 15:43. Reason: updated link
Old 11th September 2011, 18:23   #5225
BHPian

The comparo says Figo doesn't have enough space for four adults vis-a-vis the Beat. In Overdrive comparo on TV, Sirish Chandran was saying Figo's backseat is more cramped than the new swift. Is it so? I thought Figo was a very spacious car this side of i20 and jazz.
Old 11th September 2011, 18:52   #5226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The comparo says Figo doesn't have enough space for four adults vis-a-vis the Beat. In Overdrive comparo on TV, Sirish Chandran was saying Figo's backseat is more cramped than the new swift. Is it so? I thought Figo was a very spacious car this side of i20 and jazz.
I dont think Figo's Back seat is Cramped for 3 persons since We recently did a 250+250 KM onday trip with 3 on back seat and it was non stop journey on each stretch. None of them had any complaint about space and ride quality and Nobody requested any break journey. I dont have any experience about new Swift but yes in Old swift it was definitely cramped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Your worries are right on place. don't ever puncture any kind of hole. It will lead to heavy misting. It will melt off when you switch on the light for fifteen minutes. But when it is not night, and under humid conditions it will come back again frosting the front lamps. It will kill the aesthetics of your car.

I had upgraded to 100/ 130. No problems yet. But I would still recommend only 90/100. That would be safe, sufficient and won't heat up your domes.
dhanushmenon, Can you please give me idea how you have done without puncturing Back Cap ? It will be a great help to me. I am not finding any clean way to do it. I talked to Service manager while my car was there for 2.5K service but he just waved off the idea telling that All electrical warranty will be void by doing the upgrade, Instead he suggested I can go for Removable Aux. Lamps with a all together different circuit which will minimize risk of any short circuits and interference with other electrical components. But in that case also warranty will be Void if Detected by Ford A.S.S.C.

I found a Interesting Link Please Comment On that.

Last edited by GTO : 12th September 2011 at 12:37. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 11th September 2011, 19:36   #5227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Are you talking about a bluetooth OBD device?
No, not that anil.
I was checking about the frequent disconnection of the bluetooth pairing in android phones. later realized I had actually read it on the Figo FB group.
Here's the link someone had posted there.

Desire HD bluetooth problems - in car - Android Forums
Old 11th September 2011, 20:08   #5228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Take the comparison with a pinch of salt. It says Figo has a pronounced turbo lag while the Beat does not and that Figo returns just 15 kmpl.

Regarding new Swift, I checked it out, it is definitely not more spacious than the Figo if not cramped! This is why I rely upon on TBHP reviews, they are generally unbiased and to the point!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 21:05   #5229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
This is why I rely upon on TBHP reviews, they are generally unbiased and to the point!
I second it, My decision of Buying Figo is solely based on Reviews here and What ever I read here is exactly same what I am experiencing now both good and bad, this is value of T-BHP. I am inviting all prospective buyers in my contact here to read the reviews and clarify/broaden their Vision about their would be cars. Most of them has given feedback that it has helped a lot to them in this respect. However one complaint they have is getting membership is Bit difficult many of them have tried twice thrice and given up, but definitely they do read and get updated as guests.

I feel that this Forum may provide Jr. BHPian kind of temp memberships for limited time like Month/2 Months which will automatically get deleted and have limitation like can post only text messages or something similar or Ask limited no of questions only in a separate public thread, which will be answered by Fellow BHPians, to help such mass of people. This way the motive of "Spread the Knowledge" will get fulfilled on wider scale.
Old 11th September 2011, 21:38   #5230
BHPian

Please do not paint your Figo's roof black, instead apply what is commonly referred to as "vinyl" tape. Ask any chap who makes number plates out of reflective tapes in your area. They can guide you best.

Painting will be like an irreverseable "chemical change" whereas, applying vinyl is a "physical change" i.e. you can remove the black vinyl whenever you are bored of in and your original colour too will not get damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Still undecided about the roof, will check the painting cost & decide.

Thanks.
Old 11th September 2011, 21:51   #5231
BHPian

Just got back into town. Started the car, switched on the AC and fuse blew out again! Frustration!

This time decided to do a bit of digging around myself before going to Ford (last time they changed the fuse and blamed it on my headlamp upgrade). Went through the fuse box and found the blower fuse burnt. Bought a few 30A fuses and replaced it and all back to normal. However, I wanted to replicate the problem and started tinkering around. Finally, now I found a way to replicate it.

If I switch on the blower on 1 and slowly ( in a few minutes) progress 2-3-4, then all is well. If I turn the blower to 4 in one motion from Off then the fuse blows. I tried this a couple of times and it is repeatable. Switch on the car(AC is on and in full blue), turn the blower from off in one motion and fuse blows.

Couple of questions-
1. Do anyone else face this problem?
2. Electrical engineers anyone? What could be the reason for this?

As much as possible, would like to solve this on my own. Hate to go to Ford ***. Waste of my time & I know their response anyway. Appreciate any help or suggestions as I would like to solve it myself.

Since I had promised whitelion photos of my headlamp fixture, I tried to open the bonnet. Bonnet would not open. I started getting little jittery abt ford quality. Spend a few minutes trying various things amd finally ended up solving it. Put pressure on my bonnet and asked someome to open it from inside and then it opened! By this time it was dark and could not take decent pics with the phone! Sorry!

I really wish Ford would up their game in terms of Customer satisfaction....
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 11:52   #5232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Can You please post some pictures?? My number plates keep on falling off and i have now decided to find an alternate solution. Reading through the posts, yours was the best one.
I have just stuck a white rectangular sticker (24" x 6") on the black bumper and stuck the regn no onto it. Sorry unable to post pics.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:53   #5233
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Rohing - Sorry to hear about the problems.

I doubt the blower switch. Normally I do not switch on the AC first. Normally I start the blower at 2- speed and then push the AC switch on. Then I may move to 3rd or 4th speed.

How many times you can replace the fuse. Better take to RS ford and explain the problem and find the root cause to rectify it.
Old 12th September 2011, 14:50   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post

If I switch on the blower on 1 and slowly ( in a few minutes) progress 2-3-4, then all is well. If I turn the blower to 4 in one motion from Off then the fuse blows. I tried this a couple of times and it is repeatable. Switch on the car(AC is on and in full blue), turn the blower from off in one motion and fuse blows.

Couple of questions-
1. Do anyone else face this problem?
2. Electrical engineers anyone? What could be the reason for this?
Hi rohing,
Sorry to hear about your problems.
I use the blower speed control switch to turn off the car AC. I always turn the AC into fastest mode (Speed 4) when I turn on the AC and let it remain like that for sometime before it cools the cabin.

I have never had a blown fuse in the last 1 year that I have owned the figo. But then I have not done any electrical mods as well.

Now I am not an expert but doesn't fan at full speed mean heavier load and more surge current ? Isn't this surge current (or spike in current) responsible for the blown fuse.

Now does it have any relation to you having non OEM approved accessories ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Better take to RS ford and explain the problem and find the root cause to rectify it.
I agree with RGK. Take the car to the service center.
Old 12th September 2011, 18:50   #5235
BHPian

TODAY, I went to Kairali Ford to check the steering rack noise. They removed & reset the front end/steering rack but the noise is still there.

Will know within 2 days if Ford will replace the rack under warranty. I seriously doubt it because the SA was talking to me like a criminal for fixing alloys/tyre upgrade & the Service Manager did not turn up at all to discuss if anything favourable can be done.

YESTERDAY, I had a wonderful drive back from Ooty via Kotagiri. Deserted, perfectly laid roads with infinite number of turns.

I am experiencing good times due to the product & bad times due to the service.

I have decided to leave the car as it is regarding the roof. We have a few family functions coming up & wife says car will not look elegant with black roof. Amen.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ooty-050.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ooty-060.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ooty-068.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ooty-070.jpg  

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 12th September 2011 at 18:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks