Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 01:44   #5206
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
@ RGK,

Bhpian KiloAkpha has been using 90/100 over 9 Months. As He mentions, have not noticed any side effects.

RGK your logic about rural and Semi urban area seems to be perfect. In City the problem can be minimized by using Low beam and Switching off Lights when ever you stop and whenever possible drive with Fog lamps if enough Street Light is there.

I feel that upgrading to 90/100 is optimal solution in Given Situation with Figo. However Installation by Puncturing HL Cluster Cap is scaring me. It may lead to Water seepage in HL Cluster and may lead to Fogging of HL as well can cause Short Circuit which can lead to some serious problems. If Its impossible to install without puncturing Cap Better get Hella/neolite Aux Lamps installed.

What do you think ?
Figo absolutely needs the upgrade. I have done 41456 Kms in 14 months. I know the difference the 100/90 made.

There is no way around the plastic caps. The first time I fitted them, the installer cut the wiring kit near the holder, made a small hole in the plastic cap and connected the wire and covered it with Insulated tape. NOT RECOMMENDED.

My lights kept getting burnt out.

I changed the whole kit and made bigger holes in the caps so I can put the whole ceramic holder in. I was afraid of dust getting in too (water seeping in is very improbable due to the hood) but I have done 10K kms after that and no dust.

P.S: There is no upgrade without changing the holder. Don't even think about using the plastic holder that comes with the car. No worries about the reflectors though. More than 30k kms without any issues.

Your levelling device wont work though.

Last edited by fiery enzyme : 10th September 2011 at 01:45.
Old 10th September 2011, 07:44   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
Figo absolutely needs the upgrade. I have done 41456 Kms in 14 months. I know the difference the 100/90 made.

There is no way around the plastic caps. The first time I fitted them, the installer cut the wiring kit near the holder, made a small hole in the plastic cap and connected the wire and covered it with Insulated tape. NOT RECOMMENDED.

My lights kept getting burnt out.

I changed the whole kit and made bigger holes in the caps so I can put the whole ceramic holder in. I was afraid of dust getting in too (water seeping in is very improbable due to the hood) but I have done 10K kms after that and no dust.

P.S: There is no upgrade without changing the holder. Don't even think about using the plastic holder that comes with the car. No worries about the reflectors though. More than 30k kms without any issues.

Your levelling device wont work though.

I have recently driven My Friends Figo with 90/100 upgrade but Leveling Device near to HL switch was working Fine, I have tested it by adjusting it to see reach of the beam. Which leveling device you are referring ?
Thanks fiery enzyme for detailed information and time tested feedback. It seems that Cutting Hole in cap is Imperative then. I will try to find out someway to seal it properly.
Old 10th September 2011, 08:14   #5208
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to blackout my Figo's roof.

Attaching a PSed image. Kindly advise if it is looking good or is it better avoided?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figoo-copy.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figooo.jpg  

Old 10th September 2011, 08:20   #5209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Hi,

Attaching a PSed image. Kindly advise if it is looking good or is it better avoided?

Thanks.
It may attract more heat, and to my taste it wont look good.
Old 10th September 2011, 08:24   #5210
BHPian

Thanks... waiting for some more replies for taking a final decision. Because i will be inside the car most of the time, mango people (aam aadmi) will not notice it, only car-crazy like us will notice. therefore all of your help needed.
Old 10th September 2011, 09:49   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks... waiting for some more replies for taking a final decision. Because i will be inside the car most of the time, mango people (aam aadmi) will not notice it, only car-crazy like us will notice. therefore all of your help needed.
Planning any more mods to go with it?
The current pic doesn't convince me though. I would say better avoided.

I remember reading a post about some android app that helps connect android phones to the figo BT.
A friend of mine needed info on it, I tried searching through the forums but was not able to find it now.
Could someone please point me to it?
Old 10th September 2011, 10:07   #5212
BHPian

The black roof will look good aesthetically but a black body / colour absorbs maximum heat, your car's A.C. may not be able to cool the passenger compartment efficiently. If you live anywhere along the coast, the heat will be more.

I would advise against such a modification from the utility / function point of view, but when it comes to aesthetics, the heart generally rules over the mind.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Old 10th September 2011, 11:03   #5213
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Skyline. Figo is always at its best in White.
Old 10th September 2011, 12:30   #5214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dont worry much about heat. If so, how would black Figo owners live?

IMO, go for it man!!..

Attached two pics from the Figo Facebook page. The mods I loved. May be these will give you some ideas, of how good Figo will look, if mods are done sensibly.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-330557_10150341727410479_165417500478_10076912_7498761_o.jpg

Source: 100,000 Smilestones - additional pictures | Facebook
Old 10th September 2011, 19:18   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks fiery enzyme for detailed information and time tested feedback. It seems that Cutting Hole in cap is Imperative then. I will try to find out someway to seal it properly.
If the ceramic holders are used the leveling device does not work. It will work if the original holders are used. Please check with your friend.
Old 11th September 2011, 07:55   #5216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
If the ceramic holders are used the leveling device does not work. It will work if the original holders are used. Please check with your friend.
I checked with My Friend, He has Installed Roots wiring kit with Roots Relay and Have not put back the Caps at all . I specifically asked him to check whether leveling switch in cabin works or not he replied yes its working for Him. I asked him whether he is suffering from Fogging of Front lens he replied yes it does but gets dried with in First 5 to 10 mins since bulbs produce lot of heat . I cant understand how people can be so ignorant and Invite complications. I tried to convince him about probable dangers but he replied I have been using for last 4 Months nothing of this sort has been noticed and Its better compared to Risk of Life, Plane and simple thinking. He also told that It has been put on record by Ford A.S.S.C. during his First service and mentioned that don't bother about them since they will find some or other reason not to give us benefit of Warranty. He also preferred to get cash discount rather than 3rd year extended warranty while buying car itself. As per him such offers are waste of Money its better be avoided in First place itself. Very strange way of Thinking.
Old 11th September 2011, 11:30   #5217
BHPian

Still undecided about the roof, will check the painting cost & decide.

Thanks.
Old 11th September 2011, 12:21   #5218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Regarding front number plate, what I've done is stick the white background sticker and numbers directly on the bumper rather than onto a board first and then screw it in.
Can You please post some pictures?? My number plates keep on falling off and i have now decided to find an alternate solution. Reading through the posts, yours was the best one.

Quote:
RGK, I got chance to Drive my friends Figo ... But I am bit worried about Installing them from Roadside mechanic, He did a little bit study of Head Lamp cluster and told that there is need to Puncture some Caps to take wires in.
Your worries are right on place. don't ever puncture any kind of hole. It will lead to heavy misting. It will melt off when you switch on the light for fifteen minutes. But when it is not night, and under humid conditions it will come back again frosting the front lamps. It will kill the aesthetics of your car.

I had upgraded to 100/ 130. No problems yet. But I would still recommend only 90/100. That would be safe, sufficient and won't heat up your domes.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:43   #5219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

I remember reading a post about some android app that helps connect android phones to the figo BT.
A friend of mine needed info on it, I tried searching through the forums but was not able to find it now.
Could someone please point me to it?

Are you talking about a bluetooth OBD device? It basically connects to an OBD port right underneath the steering column. It gives out to a compatible device which can read OBR output (in this case andrioid phones through some app) all the engine related information in real time. Google for OBD for more info, should not cost more than 50$ for a basic one.

Quote:
I checked with My Friend, ................... I asked him whether he is suffering from Fogging of Front lens he replied yes it does but gets dried with in First 5 to 10 mins since bulbs produce lot of heat . I cant understand how people can be so ignorant and Invite complications.

Not sure about the thinking but, I don't think fogging of headlamps is really an issue. It is clearly mentioned in the user manual (the blue booklet that came along) that if your headlights are fogged, just keep them on for 5 minutes to get them defogged.

Last edited by anilisanil : 11th September 2011 at 13:50.
Old 11th September 2011, 13:44   #5220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Still undecided about the roof, will check the painting cost & decide.

Thanks.
Why not try black stickers - the type used to blacken the B Pillar - to see how it would look before deciding on it?
It would be the most cost effective, and if it didn't look good, you could remove it with little damage to your original paint.

Most Viewed