Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2011, 13:51   #5191
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
- is wheel rotation/balancing free? They want to charge 700 for it.
That should also include wheel alignment. In any case, the charges are outrageous, and I'm almost sure that most A.S.S do a shoddy job in aligning/balancing.

Ignore them, and get it done outside. However, they should rotate the wheels for free.

Quote:
- Fog lamps is 3.5K. I am fighting with them on this as the new kit for 2011 models is 1.9K. What can I do to convince them?
Not sure.

Quote:
- they want to replace thermostat housing as there is a recall on it
If so, replace.
Quote:
- oil filter will be changed but i will be charged for it. Is this OK?
Yes, perfectly normal. Didnt they do the same @2.5k service?
Old 8th September 2011, 23:16   #5192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi RGK - I actually ended up installing it Chennai (anna nagar) as I was there & the shop owner was a friend of a friend.

But think CBE work was very proffesional and better.
Rohing, I too want to Upgrade the lamps to 90/100 after having First Hand Experience on My Friends Figo. Can you tell me how Ceramic Holders and Extra wiring was taken in to HL Cluster. My mechanic Told me That he will puncture the Cap and Take the wiring and Holders inside Cluster. I asked him to wait and Returned. I am afraid that water may seep in the Cluster and result Fogging of Reflectors and Front lens and may cause short circuit and Consequent problems.

If possible please post Pictures so that Many Figo BHPians are benefited.
Old 8th September 2011, 23:57   #5193
BHPian

Quote:
- they want to replace thermostat housing as there is a recall on it
What's this and its function? Is this TSB applicable on Mar 2010 TDCi models also?
Old 9th September 2011, 07:39   #5194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion

Rohing, I too want to Upgrade the lamps to 90/100 after having First Hand Experience on My Friends Figo. Can you tell me how Ceramic Holders and Extra wiring was taken in to HL Cluster. My mechanic Told me That he will puncture the Cap and Take the wiring and Holders inside Cluster. I asked him to wait and Returned. I am afraid that water may seep in the Cluster and result Fogging of Reflectors and Front lens and may cause short circuit and Consequent problems.

If possible please post Pictures so that Many Figo BHPians are benefited.
Will definetly post pics but need a couple of days as I am out of town travelling on Business and the car at home.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:45   #5195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs
That should also include wheel alignment. In any case, the charges are outrageous, and I'm almost sure that most A.S.S do a shoddy job in aligning/balancing.

Ignore them, and get it done outside. However, they should rotate the wheels for free.

Not sure.

If so, replace.
Yes, perfectly normal. Didnt they do the same @2.5k service?
Thank you and thanks to figo united & anilisanil for your quick replies.

My frustrations with Ford service continue esp. on the fog lamp issue. They insist that they will charge 4K for my car even though it has the switch, wiring etc (2011 model). I need to email ford on this one. Can anyone share the contact with me?

My tires were not rotated free of charge.

On the new flexible mudflaps ....they had not even heard about them. They only have the old ones. So, I am still driving without any mudflaps
Old 9th September 2011, 10:28   #5196
BHPian

Quote:
On the new flexible mudflaps ....they had not even heard about them. They only have the old ones. So, I am still driving without any mudflaps
That has been a never ending story!
Everytime ford informs us that the new flexible ones are available, we go check at the dealer and find that its the same old hard one!
I've been driving without front mudflaps for almost a year now
Old 9th September 2011, 11:06   #5197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you and thanks to figo united & anilisanil for your quick replies.

My frustrations with Ford service continue esp. on the fog lamp issue. They insist that they will charge 4K for my car even though it has the switch, wiring etc (2011 model). I need to email ford on this one. Can anyone share the contact with me?

My tires were not rotated free of charge.

You should get tires rotated free of charge. Don't let them walk away with this, shoot an email to write2md@ford.com

Also, you should get the Fogs at the mentioned price. Tell them that you are being tortured by the service center and that you do not have any other option! Generally they are very responsive and should help.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:13   #5198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
That has been a never ending story!
Everytime ford informs us that the new flexible ones are available, we go check at the dealer and find that its the same old hard one!
I've been driving without front mudflaps for almost a year now
You add me to the list! Dealers have no clue about the so called ""new mud flaps""

My cars light control switch is acting up a bit, head light lever seems to be faulty. Hopefully they will replace it with a new one and then maybe I can get the fogs fitted
Old 9th September 2011, 13:39   #5199
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Is Figo's HL Assembly, similar to this? - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2412354
Thanks Dhanushs for your clear pic representation. But I feel, this plastic holder should withstand 100/90.
Is this a common conventional holder?, if then can it be sourced from outside.

Quote:
Hi RGK - I actually ended up installing it Chennai (anna nagar) as I was there & the shop owner was a friend of a friend.

But think CBE work was very proffesional and better. The guy moved the PS fluid tank while fitting the bulbs/ relay etc and did not put it back properly. As soon as I startrd the car, it hit the belt and got punctured - abt 5k of repairs. The only consolation is that he paid for the repairs.

Recommend CBE.
My friend did in CBE (not for Figo), the spares used are of good quality and the work was more professional & neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You should get tires rotated free of charge. Don't let them walk away with this, shoot an email to write2md@ford.com

Also, you should get the Fogs at the mentioned price. Tell them that you are being tortured by the service center and that you do not have any other option! Generally they are very responsive and should help.
This id has become common now. The advantage is you get a phone call from a female .

My car was not serviced on that day due to more load in the SC. Just the below one was done.

There is a U clamp in the stabiliser bar under the chassis . There are chances that this may bend and scratch against the plate of the lower suspension arm producing a "kaarak" noise when driven in potholes. The technician just made it right. Just pulled the U clamp by using a steel rod.
Need to take to fix the Steering wheel noise next week.

Tyre rotation, Alignment -- Better get it done outside in a reputed tyre shop. In Chennai - I prefer United Enterprises, Ashok Nagar. Even MPL Ford use their services.
Old 9th September 2011, 15:20   #5200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks Dhanushs for your clear pic representation. But I feel, this plastic holder should withstand 100/90.
Is this a common conventional holder?, if then can it be sourced from outside.
The holder might withstand 100/90 but the plastic lens wont! The Ikon has glass lens covers while figo has plastic ones. There is a chance that the whole thing could melt/get discolored in time.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:35   #5201
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
The holder might withstand 100/90 but the plastic lens wont! The Ikon has glass lens covers while figo has plastic ones. There is a chance that the whole thing could melt/get discolored in time.
You may be right to a certain extent Captain. If you drive at a decent speed during night (rural - semi urban areas), I think the lens and reflectors can manage as the heat is dissipated due to opp wind.

But the same thing cannot be said in cities.

Last edited by RGK : 9th September 2011 at 16:48.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:38   #5202
Senior - BHPian

With monsoon season here, anther problem is appearing in my car. There seems to be a leak in the front windshield. I can always see water droplets near the dashboard if the car is parked in the open.
Old 9th September 2011, 16:48   #5203
BHPian

Quote:
You may be right to a certain extent Captain. If you drive at a decent speed during night (rural - semi urban areas), I think the lens and reflectors can manage as the heat is dissipated due to opp wind.

But the same thing cannot be said while driving in cities during nights.
@ RGK,

Bhpian KiloAkpha has been using 90/100 over 9 Months. As He mentions, have not noticed any side effects.

RGK your logic about rural and Semi urban area seems to be perfect. In City the problem can be minimized by using Low beam and Switching off Lights when ever you stop and whenever possible drive with Fog lamps if enough Street Light is there.

I feel that upgrading to 90/100 is optimal solution in Given Situation with Figo. However Installation by Puncturing HL Cluster Cap is scaring me. It may lead to Water seepage in HL Cluster and may lead to Fogging of HL as well can cause Short Circuit which can lead to some serious problems. If Its impossible to install without puncturing Cap Better get Hella/neolite Aux Lamps installed.

What do you think ?
Old 9th September 2011, 17:21   #5204
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
@ RGK,

Bhpian KiloAkpha has been using 90/100 over 9 Months. As He mentions, have not noticed any side effects.

I feel that upgrading to 90/100 is optimal solution in Given Situation with Figo. However Installation by Puncturing HL Cluster Cap is scaring me. It may lead to Water seepage in HL Cluster and may lead to Fogging of HL as well can cause Short Circuit which can lead to some serious problems. If Its impossible to install without puncturing Cap Better get Hella/neolite Aux Lamps installed.

What do you think ?
Kiloalpha's has really given confidence in this issue. Planning to upgrade next year.
Travelled from Vijayawada to Kodada (NH-9) yesterday early morning in Innova.
Completely shocked to see ALL the Trucks & Buses coming on with 3 pair of head lights - Yes 6 individual lights, 3 on left and right. I dont know which government has given permission to install 6 lights
Luckily I did not travel by Figo .

Yes puncturing is not a good idea and it may lead to problems if water goes inside.

<<<With monsoon season here, anther problem is appearing in my car. There seems to be a leak in the front windshield. I can always see water droplets near the dashboard if the car is parked in the open.>>>

@Captain - The sealant is not strongly and perfectly applied. Please take a snap and take to the body shop for rectification asap.
Sorry to say - another fiddling will happen. In my case, eventhough issues are sorted out, the gaps are uneven between the windshield and cowl.

Last edited by RGK : 9th September 2011 at 17:23.
Old 10th September 2011, 00:13   #5205
BHPian

Quote:
Kiloalpha's has really given confidence in this issue. Planning to upgrade next year.
Travelled from Vijayawada to Kodada (NH-9) yesterday early morning in Innova.
Completely shocked to see ALL the Trucks & Buses coming on with 3 pair of head lights - Yes 6 individual lights, 3 on left and right. I dont know which government has given permission to install 6 lights
Some times I feel Nothing Wrong In installing Aux Lamps and Drive them with Both HL and Aux On when I see Morons doing such thing or HIDs in stock reflectors. it simply Blinds people like us. But the conscious comes in between and tells let them break ethics/Law but I should stay away from such things. However to cope up with such things I feel that we should go for Aux lamps and drive with only them as and when required if 90/100 Upgrade is Not possible without puncturing the Cap. Today Some how I found Stock lamps are as Good as 90/100 in dry weather without oncoming traffic.

Quote:
Yes puncturing is not a good idea and it may lead to problems if water goes inside.
Now I thinking of two fold solution. Upgrade HL to 55/60 NBP for normal use and have cheaper Aux lamps like NeoLite with 90 or 100 W bulbs in removable kind of arrangement to be used in wet or Highway drive conditions. I have talked to Bodyshop person in Fass and he has indicated that its possible to Fix bracket on DOGBAR for removable kind of Solution. The wiring will also be separate so warranty can be protected by pretending as if Such installation was not at all there if any warranty issues popup. Over all damage may be 2K to 3K at the Most. Let me know what is your thinking Line ?

Quote:
<<<With monsoon season here, anther problem is appearing in my car. There seems to be a leak in the front windshield. I can always see water droplets near the dashboard if the car is parked in the open.>>>

@Captain - The sealant is not strongly and perfectly applied. Please take a snap and take to the body shop for rectification asap.
Sorry to say - another fiddling will happen. In my case, eventhough issues are sorted out, the gaps are uneven between the windshield and cowl.
I think You have changed Front windshield If I remember correctly. It Might be side effect of Such repair. My M800 was waterproof till I replaced Front windshield, due to some reasons i replaced Front wind shield and it started leaking to such extent that floor carpet started getting soaked with water and started stinking. I tried lot of solutions but the problem persists even today. I stopped bothering and avoided parking car in rain as far as possible for past 3/4 years and Finally replaced it with Figo. In my case I bought windshield From MASS after almost 15yrs and windshield available for new versions of M800, my mechanic made me aware that it will not fit perfectly as earlier one but there was no alternative left at that time other than buying that one. In your case there is hope to solve the problem with FASS since model is fresh one.

Most Viewed