Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2011, 16:58   #5116
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Forget the fuel filter replacement. At 10K kms they are supposed to clean the fuel filter i.e. pump water out of it. They never do it till the warning lamp comes on. You need to insist and tell them this is part of the service as per the manual. That alone makes a difference.
How is it exactly that water gets into the Fuel ? Is it the water vapor as in gaseous form or water as in liquid form ? I am really clueless here.

Also water in the fuel light. I thought it was a stupid feature till now since I was thinking how is water getting into the fuel( It thought probably floods etc).

Anyways I also want to ask when does the the water in the fuel light go off ? Is it if there is water in the line after the fuel filter or if the fuel has water in it before the fuel filter ?
Old 26th August 2011, 17:02   #5117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
How is it exactly that water gets into the Fuel ? Is it the water vapor as in gaseous form or water as in liquid form ? I am really clueless here.

Also water in the fuel light. I thought it was a stupid feature till now since I was thinking how is water getting into the fuel( It thought probably floods etc).

Anyways I also want to ask when does the the water in the fuel light go off ? Is it if there is water in the line after the fuel filter or if the fuel has water in it before the fuel filter ?
Spurious diesel is the main reason for the filter to get clogged with water. Condensation over time also causes water build up.

It is also known as sedimentar. Almost all diesel cars have it. The symbol on the figo is like raindrops on a fuel filler symbol. I believe the second set of chimes when you turn the key is for this check alone.
Old 27th August 2011, 00:00   #5118
Senior - BHPian

i tried to fit the Spacers today, after results are really bad. now the car is touching even more earlier it had to be loaded . the car has a raised rear end. Earlier the car used to touch from center now it is touching from the front.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:04   #5119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep
i tried to fit the Spacers today, after results are really bad. now the car is touching even more earlier it had to be loaded . the car has a raised rear end. Earlier the car used to touch from center now it is touching from the front.
Sorry - what are spacers and why did you fit them?
Old 27th August 2011, 19:49   #5120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Did you fit the spacers only at the rear ? In that case, you now need them in the front as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Sorry - what are spacers and why did you fit them?

Here you go :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...uspension.html
Old 27th August 2011, 20:04   #5121
BHPian

I am getting a noise from steering/suspension. Ford SC says tie-rod ends, ball joints & steering linkages are fine. They want to open the rack & replace it if necessary.

I have non OE alloys & tyres, therefore it will be paid.

Should i live with the occassional noise?
Old 27th August 2011, 20:09   #5122
Senior - BHPian

Hi the spacers that i used were not the ones mentioned in the thread by GTO, they are the normal desi Rubber stuff that you use above the Springs. now the car has been raised from rear but that made the car to lower from front. this is because of the front overhang of the car, now if i use the front spacers in the front that would severly affect the dynamics of the car. so i have odered the autorunners as mentioned in the GTO's thread and will be using them when dilivered this has been done just 10 minutes ago. the Auto runners will make sure that the car remains on the same height butwhen then spring is being contracted it would be contracted may be 1inch less. let me see if i can do porper photos of this thing when i do it.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:22   #5123
BHPian

Hi Team,

Has anyone ever had the problem of gears not falling in place on the Figo(Tdci)? I think I have a problem of the 1st gear not falling into the slot. Its not always so, and is very random. No, am not getting into gear with half clutch, the clutch is fully pressed. It sometimes does not fall in place and I have to get back to neutral and then try again.
Checked with the dealer, and they did not find anything wrong, and since it is a new vehicle (done 500 KM) , I wanted to drive a little more before I could confirm that there is a problem and its not me.

Is it a something that is known or is it just a defective driver(me in this case)?
Old 29th August 2011, 13:37   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Hi Team,

Has anyone ever had the problem of gears not falling in place on the Figo(Tdci)? I think I have a problem of the 1st gear not falling into the slot. Its not always so, and is very random. No, am not getting into gear with half clutch, the clutch is fully pressed. It sometimes does not fall in place and I have to get back to neutral and then try again.
Checked with the dealer, and they did not find anything wrong, and since it is a new vehicle (done 500 KM) , I wanted to drive a little more before I could confirm that there is a problem and its not me.

Is it a something that is known or is it just a defective driver(me in this case)?
I have recently (1 m Ago) bought Figo and as of today about 1700+ on Odo. Since I was driving M800 for last 17 yrs, I feel one needs to get acquainted with Ford characteristics which are different than Maruthi's. Initially I too had faced problems with gearshifts, jerks after shift, stalling of engine while moving out of tight spots/U turns/Reversing on inclines etc. etc. But eventually many things are settling down as I am getting habituated to Car and Diesel engine. Please stop worrying and concentrate on how car behaves by experimenting the driving style. Even after this problem still persists then you can get it rectified During First Service. I too have some teething problems but decided to get them cleared during First Service.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:18   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Hi Team,

I have had a similar problem in my figo.
You can check this post in my ownership thread for details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2316239
figo_united is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 14:37   #5126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
I have recently (1 m Ago) bought Figo and as of today about 1700+ on Odo. Since I was driving M800 for last 17 yrs, I feel one needs to get acquainted with Ford characteristics which are different than Maruthi's. Initially I too had faced problems with gearshifts, jerks after shift, stalling of engine while moving out of tight spots/U turns/Reversing on inclines etc. etc. But eventually many things are settling down as I am getting habituated to Car and Diesel engine. Please stop worrying and concentrate on how car behaves by experimenting the driving style. Even after this problem still persists then you can get it rectified During First Service. I too have some teething problems but decided to get them cleared during First Service.
Thanks whitelion. Yes I do agree that I will have to get used to driving a Ford and also driving a diesel. Both are new to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I have had a similar problem in my figo.
You can check this post in my ownership thread for details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2316239
Thanks figo_united. Atleast now I know that am not doing anything majorly wrong on my car. I think I will wait for some more days and then take it to lathangi. Thats where I bought it.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:52   #5127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep
Hi the spacers that i used were not the ones mentioned in the thread by GTO, they are the normal desi Rubber stuff that you use above the Springs. now the car has been raised from rear but that made the car to lower from front. this is because of the front overhang of the car, now if i use the front spacers in the front that would severly affect the dynamics of the car. so i have odered the autorunners as mentioned in the GTO's thread and will be using them when dilivered this has been done just 10 minutes ago. the Auto runners will make sure that the car remains on the same height butwhen then spring is being contracted it would be contracted may be 1inch less. let me see if i can do porper photos of this thing when i do it.
Given Figo's stiff suspension setup & hence harder ride quality at slow speeds...wouldn't the spacers affect this negatively?
Old 30th August 2011, 11:23   #5128
BHPian

Quote:
Given Figo's stiff suspension setup & hence harder ride quality at slow speeds...wouldn't the spacers affect this negatively?
I for one would believe the figo's suspension is very soft compared to the swift. No wonder the car sags down even when 4 normal people sit in leading to all these speed breaker scrapping the belly.

I would attribute the car's handling dynamics go to the low center of gravity, low stance of the car and hydraulic PS.
Old 30th August 2011, 16:04   #5129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think that the Figos suspension is stiff. and the spacers are already affecting it nagatively because of the front overhang.

I have ordered the Autorunners as i mentioned and also received them will fit them on thursday.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-auto-runer.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-auto-runner.jpg  

Old 30th August 2011, 16:06   #5130
RGK
Senior - BHPian

To avoid GC issues, I keep 35 and 40 psi tire pressure in the Front and Rear. But these tire pressures do not give a comfortable ride when driving alone.

Road joints, potholes (chennai roads are always bad and now become worse after sudden showers) are severely felt at normal speeds. I feel this may shorten the life of the shocks, suspension and wheel bearings. To avoid this, sometimes I drive very slowly.

I want to how other tbhp owners handle this problem.

Had a chance to drive I10. I could not get the stability feeling what I have in Figo at speeds above 90.

Checked the OTR price of Titanium Diesel in chennai today and it is 6.63L with 3 year extended warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks