Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2011, 18:38   #5101
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Sharing a link of a UK based auto site, there are lot of user feedback on the Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi which is known as the Figo 1.4 Tdci in the indian market.
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - advice, car reviews and opinions - Page 2
Isn't this about the old Fiesta in UK? And is Figo an exact lift of the old Fiesta?
Old 24th August 2011, 19:17   #5102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
No, I drove my 14 month old Figo for 20K Kms, but never faced any issue with the A/C. It used to stink oil when I did not keep it at max cooling position, but it was later diagnosed as paint deposited while at the body shop.

Coming to your problem, did you check the air filter for a/c? It looks like something is clogging the way of the air flow and over the time it is clearing itself. BTW why did you allow them to change the Thermistor so many times? By thumb rule, if it did not solve the issue twice, then it could not have been the issue. I suspect blower and or the air passage to the blower.

Which mode do you use? Recirculating or closed?
The thermistor was changed for the sudden loss in cooling for a couple of days.

This is the first time I got the A/C blower problem.

Was the A/C cowl filter changed for you guys at the 20K service?

It has not been changed for me.

I service it at MPL Saligramam. I'm planning to take it in tomorrow.

WIll update after that.
Old 24th August 2011, 19:23   #5103
BHPian

Got my Figo Exi TDCI 4 days back. There's a thud noise from the front left suspension from day 1 while going at average speeds over sharp potholes. Took it to Planet Ford today and the SA took me around for a ride in the city and could not reproduce the noise. Just the normal shocks sound came. He gave me the car and obviously there werent any bad roads where I could reproduce. And he refused to acknowledge there is an issue. I told him it seems to be a common issue (reported here on caliper / stabilizer bar / dampner) but he didnt seem to care. The moment I started driving back, I got the noise again - clearly different from the normal suspension noise and only on the left front. So here I am with a brand new car - dissatisfied with the product and wondering whats in store in the longer run
Paleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 10:42   #5104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Isn't this about the old Fiesta in UK? And is Figo an exact lift of the old Fiesta?
Yes the Figo platform is based of the 5th generation Fiesta (International model) but Ford has re-skinned most of the car by replacing almost all the body panels to create a newer version for India.
Old 25th August 2011, 10:48   #5105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Yes the Figo platform is based of the 5th generation Fiesta (International model) but Ford has re-skinned most of the car by replacing almost all the body panels to create a newer version for India.
Yes, in that case it’s not really correct to mention that the user feedbacks are for the Figo. Platform sharing is so common, but for me Figo is a different car.
IMHO, It’s almost like reading a review of Skoda Fabia and say that the comments are about VW Polo.
Old 25th August 2011, 11:05   #5106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, in that case it’s not really correct to mention that the user feedbacks are for the Figo. Platform sharing is so common, but for me Figo is a different car.
IMHO, It’s almost like reading a review of Skoda Fabia and say that the comments are about VW Polo.
I think comments on whatever is common between the too will still be valid. For example if the old platform was unreliable, in all likelihood changing the body panels is not going to improve the reliability now (of course, the other way round too).

By the way, new and old is a matter of perspective. No new design is ever done in vaccum. You learn from your old mistakes and improve in the next generation - in that sense every "new" design is a continuation of the previous one; apart from issues of branding the question usually is how new is the new.
Old 25th August 2011, 12:08   #5107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
Got my Figo Exi TDCI 4 days back. There's a thud noise from the front left suspension from day 1 while going at average speeds over sharp potholes. Took it to Planet Ford today and the SA took me around for a ride in the city and could not reproduce the noise. Just the normal shocks sound came. He gave me the car and obviously there werent any bad roads where I could reproduce. And he refused to acknowledge there is an issue. I told him it seems to be a common issue (reported here on caliper / stabilizer bar / dampner) but he didnt seem to care. The moment I started driving back, I got the noise again - clearly different from the normal suspension noise and only on the left front. So here I am with a brand new car - dissatisfied with the product and wondering whats in store in the longer run
Talk to the branch manager and if there is a customer care email for the dealer, write to them. I found better response when you write than talk to the individuals in general.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:13   #5108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I think comments on whatever is common between the too will still be valid. For example if the old platform was unreliable, in all likelihood changing the body panels is not going to improve the reliability now (of course, the other way round too).

By the way, new and old is a matter of perspective. No new design is ever done in vaccum. You learn from your old mistakes and improve in the next generation - in that sense every "new" design is a continuation of the previous one; apart from issues of branding the question usually is how new is the new.
No dispute on the points you mentioned Vina, especially on the difference mentioned between old and new. But taking some user reviews of Mk V Fiesta in UK, and passing it on as feedback of Ford Figo is a bit misleading. Just my viewpoint.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:20   #5109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need to talk to service manager. Put it on their FB page or write to their service heads. You need to develop a relationship with the service manager, if you are in combat mode things unnecessarily get complicated, so try to talk your way through.
Old 25th August 2011, 16:26   #5110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Talk to the branch manager and if there is a customer care email for the dealer, write to them. I found better response when you write than talk to the individuals in general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You need to talk to service manager. Put it on their FB page or write to their service heads. You need to develop a relationship with the service manager, if you are in combat mode things unnecessarily get complicated, so try to talk your way through.

There's no need to escalate to to anyone as of now. This is common with the Figo.

The sound did not come when you went for a ride with the SA cause you were sitting on the passenger side which loaded the front suspension. The sound comes when you are driving from the left side alone as the right side is loaded with your weight. Go for a ride with the SA and this time sit behind him it will come back.

It is not a problem with the car. The suspension is tuned for a faster rebound so when you go over small potholes and humps the rebound is fast and causes a thud sound. Just go a bit slower.

If both front seats are occupied the weight loads the suspension and it doesnt rebound as much.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 17:07   #5111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no doubt that the platform and mechanicals are from the 5th generation Fiesta, off course Ford would have incorporated lot of changes to suite the Indian road condition.
So my point of view was to compare apples to modified apples not oranges.

BTW most of the reviews on that site have more positives to say about the car.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 13:46   #5112
BHPian

Thanks folks. The service manager has agreed to drive and check tomorrow. Keeping ma fingers crossed. While its consoling to hear that it is probably not a problem with the car, it definitely does not give a good impression. That thud sound is too loud to be normal. Here's where the difference is visible as compared to Maruti. They are proactive and call the customer back to check on service, complaints etc. With Ford - I had to call them back
Old 26th August 2011, 16:22   #5113
BHPian

Loads of rattles in my car mainly from the dashboard and from the C pillar trims. Apart from this when car goes over a speed breaker which is in a turn then there is a wringing sound (Like you wring clothes to get water out)

My friends who rode with me said that the car had a surround effect when it came to noises in the cabin. Took it to Ford service and they promptly acknowledged the "SURROUND EFFECT" and said they would get the car back in order in a day. Waiting with my fingers crossed.

BTW after the 30K service where I changed the fuel filter. The engine is behaving super smooth and noise has reduced. Fuel quality is really bad is what i need to suspect. Also I am unsure why Ford does not insist on changing the fuel filter every 15kms. Costs only 1.2K labor extra.

3rd service labor is only 1000rupees.
Old 26th August 2011, 16:28   #5114
Team-BHP Support

Forget the fuel filter replacement. At 10K kms they are supposed to clean the fuel filter i.e. pump water out of it. They never do it till the warning lamp comes on. You need to insist and tell them this is part of the service as per the manual. That alone makes a difference.
Old 26th August 2011, 16:54   #5115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Differences are not too big. Only main difference is the refreshed kinetic nose, and tail lamps.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-250pxford_fiesta_mk6_facelift_20052008_rear_mj.jpg
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-800pxford_fiesta_style.jpg
Source- Ford Fiesta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks