Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 11:30   #496
Senior - BHPian

Emission norms

Is the Figo Euro 4 compliant. Could not find any explicit statement to that effect?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:49   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Is the Figo Euro 4 compliant. Could not find any explicit statement to that effect?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Its BS IV complaint, not sure about Euro 4 though.

I like the looks of it, guess to each his own.
I am totally in luv with this beauty, looking for a first car and am sure this one would be fit the bill.

It would be interesting to get a look at the red and black ones, red one does not have a coral red dash
Old 26th February 2010, 11:52   #498
BANNED

Does the Ford Figo have child lock on the rear doors?
I think it is a must-have feature for families with small kids.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:00   #499
BANNED

Its not clear from Ford - Ford Figo, whether the EXI version has fog lamps.
Could somebody who has been to the dealer, elaborate on this?
Old 26th February 2010, 12:51   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Its BS IV complaint, not sure about Euro 4 though.

I like the looks of it, guess to each his own.
I am totally in luv with this beauty, looking for a first car and am sure this one would be fit the bill.

It would be interesting to get a look at the red and black ones, red one does not have a coral red dash
Hi Scorpio: Figo looks elegant. Test drive this car(along with competing cars) and If you like it go ahead and buy it. Do not get carried away by the tons of advice/warning you will get from people around you saying that except two brands, all others we have in India are expensive to maintain, not reliable, have bad A.S.S etc,.
Old 26th February 2010, 20:36   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glifford View Post
Nothing special just that it has 6 speeds. I guess even the Vista has it (not sure if 6 maybe 4-5). And mind you, it is not the actual wiper speed. Wipers always run at just one speed. It is the time between two wipes.

More like:

Speed 6: [Wipe].[Wipe]
Speed 5: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 4: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 3: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 2: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]
Speed 1: [Wipe].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wait].[Wipe]

Simple. So depending on how heavy the rain is, you decide how much time you maintain between each wipes and thus select the speed.

It should be fast enough to clear the glass and not obstruct vision, but slow enough to ensure that the glass is wet enough to wipe, else it will rub and make noise and destroy the blade and the glass.

The Fusion (and some Fiestas maybe) have an infinite speed intermittent wiper. Anywhere between 1 and 25 seconds.

To switch on you tap the right (yes right on EU spec cars) up once to wipe and pull it back. Wait for the rain to collect and then tap it up again. Now it will wipe at that frequency. So long as the rain doesn't change, you will be happy with your personal setting. You don't have to keep fidding between those 2/3/6 speeds to decide which one is optimum for you!

thanks guys for the detailed explaination

and about the coral red dashboard. i think its inspired from Ferrari California or Bentley i think. they have these kinda dashboards. but the difference there is that they have it in the all leather whereas this is just the color of the dash. still if one buys the car in white or black with brown or matching leather seats. i think it could be a winner. but still you must have some very open mind to accept such quirky stuff.

and about the brand itself. i think ford has a long way to go in india. this is just the tip of the iceberg. i am sure that they will launch the 2011 fiesta hatch too and fiesta sedan also. and i am also confident that in coming years you can have the fusion sedan, focus sedan. and fev new SUVs like the ford edge and what not!

Last edited by Caramelo : 26th February 2010 at 20:39.
Old 26th February 2010, 22:52   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Its not clear from Ford - Ford Figo, whether the EXI version has fog lamps.
Could somebody who has been to the dealer, elaborate on this?
From what i could gather , even the top end Titanium variant doesn't come with fog lamps. You will have to fit it aftermarket .
Old 26th February 2010, 23:01   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hi Scorpio: Figo looks elegant. Test drive this car(along with competing cars) and If you like it go ahead and buy it. Do not get carried away by the tons of advice/warning you will get from people around you saying that except two brands, all others we have in India are expensive to maintain, not reliable, have bad A.S.S etc,.
thanks Joshdrive, i will get a Figo, a decision taken by the heart will put my head into it whilst doing a TD, can't wait to get my hands on the steering.

there is a general thought abt maintenance that is true, however Ford is very much aware of it and is consciously making an effort to reduce it. i believe they have a strategy to cut down the mainetnance cost.
Eager to know the offical pricing, am pretty sure it will be strong contender both in petrol and diesel variants
Old 26th February 2010, 23:49   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
thanks Joshdrive, i will get a Figo, a decision taken by the heart will put my head into it whilst doing a TD, can't wait to get my hands on the steering.

there is a general thought abt maintenance that is true, however Ford is very much aware of it and is consciously making an effort to reduce it. i believe they have a strategy to cut down the mainetnance cost.
Eager to know the offical pricing, am pretty sure it will be strong contender both in petrol and diesel variants
High on Maintenance is pretty much been disspelled by the recent Fiesta ownership experiences in this forum. I think its become more of a myth now.

With 90% localization for Figo and Ford leaving no stones unturned for massive success of Figo, I am sure they would have worked on a very competitive spare parts pricing. All Ford has to do is release the spare parts pricing and do a comparo with likes of i10 and Swift to disspell the notion once and for all.
Old 27th February 2010, 14:18   #505
BHPian

Yesterday I visited the Ford showroom for having a look of Figo, as the vehicle is not available for test drive here are my observations about the Figo

Car looks good from the front but rear looks are unimpressive.
The roofline is sharp reclining towards the rear.
There is no "thud" sound present on the door closing, but very crude metal to metal sound on it which is very annoying.
Front seats are quite good but under thy support could be better.
No Steering adjustment and No Fog lamps are large disappointment.
Stereo sound is superb.
Dashboard colour must be black only.
The main problems are at back, rear bench is quite good in legroom, under thai support but the height of the back rest is coming up to the shoulder line only and no headrest makes it such an uncomfortable place to be sited.
Rear visibility is very limited, it will become worst when rear bench will be occupied by three adults.
Footwell seems like cramped form me, as left side of my left foot touched the side plastic and the right side of my left foot was on the clutch so there is no space to rest my left foot on the floor and by any how I placed my left foot on the floor there is no enough space to lift it to the clutch pedal.(this problem might be restricted myself only any other would not find this problem in Figo).
Sorry for the bad quality pictures as they were taken in the night and by mobile camera.

All I sum up without test drive the 1.4 Duratorq engine,
Figo has the best engine,ride quality and handling but lacks the Europian quality, some ergonomics and rear comfort, While Polo has not the best diesel engine but comes with superior European quality with better ergonomics and comfort.

So I doubt that choosing a best diesel hatch would end up with the king of all "Maruti Suzuki Swift" - a fantastic allover package with sportier front seats and of course with our national engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010010.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010002.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010011.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010008.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010007.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010006.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010009.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010005.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010003.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010004.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010001.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26022010.jpg  

Old 27th February 2010, 15:26   #506
BANNED

Today went to see Figo, looks alright to me and going to book the car after test drive becuase I have postpone my purchase from March to end May and not in hurry to book before test drive.
Otherwise its very roomy and if priced at 4.5 petrol topend, it has sure buyer as me.
Old 27th February 2010, 16:09   #507
BHPian

Boy! You stole many of the observations i was about the put up after my recent visit to ford showroom and checking out the figo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Car looks good from the front but rear looks are unimpressive.
The roofline is sharp reclining towards the rear.
Yes, rear looks it is "hanging from a tree"... Fusion's rear is more masculine. The sloping roofline towards the rear makes it look all the more wierd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
There is no "thud" sound present on the door closing, but very crude metal to metal sound on it which is very annoying.
+1.
No comparison to the Fiesta (i checked this immediately to the fiesta standing nearby). Door thud sounds wierd to ear. Even Vista's door shut sounds way better.

Its not surprising Figo will be available at very attractive prices, since cost cutting is VERY obvious in certain areas.
But it will sell well, since we Indians demand cheap cars with fuel efficient engines.

Last edited by WindRide : 27th February 2010 at 16:10.
Old 27th February 2010, 18:05   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
The TDCI in the fiesta which weighs about 20 kg more gives around 14-15 kmpl max in the city.
Which city are we talking about here ? Fiesta TDCi gives 18+ here in Chandigarh!!
Old 27th February 2010, 18:26   #509
Senior - BHPian

The "Test Drive" section on this forum gives these figures for Fiesta :

1.4D : 14.3 (City) / 18.5 (Highway)
Old 27th February 2010, 18:44   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post

Yes, rear looks it is "hanging from a tree"... Fusion's rear is more masculine. The sloping roofline towards the rear makes it look all the more wierd.
Does not look that bad!

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fordfigo.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks