Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:09   #5011
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
No. The remote features will not work if the key is in the ignition slot
Raju2512 I think he is referring to Lock button on door not on key. If key buttons function when its in slot then there will be chaos while starting and stopping the car if they get pressed accidentally.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:14   #5012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
What if the lone passenger traveling manages to over turn the car sideways on the driver side and loses consciousness?
In case of an accident the "auto unlock upon impact/accident" feature would override any/all locking programmes and unlock all doors.
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:26   #5013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In case of an accident the "auto unlock upon impact/accident" feature would override any/all locking programmes and unlock all doors.
Hey Khoj, good to hear from you.

The question was rhetorical in the sense that I was trying to explain Figo unlocks all doors as soon as the engine stalls. I am not too sure if there is an impact sensing unlock function in Figo.
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:21   #5014
BHPian

Quote:

They should when the ignition is turned off, I remember testing it positive, I would test again and post the results.

You are right. The remote works as long as the engine is off. It works with the key in 'on' position also
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:37   #5015
BHPian

Since we are talking about locking and unlocking. Now I think I will talk about the AUTOCOP or any after market anti theft device.
When you put the key in the 'ON' position then the locks automatically engage. So when you stop at the traffic signal, and switch off engine, the key is in ACC position, and the locks disengage. You can turn the key back to ON position and the locks would engage again.

I checked this is in a Wagon R. It works. This seems to be a good solution for for white lion's problems.

One more thing, I am not marketing for AUTOCOP in any ways.
Old 3rd August 2011, 00:37   #5016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Today I saw a new Squeeze Figo near MPL ford and asked the owner about the model and spec.
It was ZXI, but without rear wiper/E-OVRM. It looked like an EXI Model with body coloured door handle. Thats all. Really could not understand the strategy of Ford of downgrading its features in its hot selling cars.
Yes, I spoke to SA of Figo when I wanted a TD. She said the rear windshield washer, wiper, Electric OVRMS and few other accessories has been removed from ZXI. It is available only in Titanium. And also increased price by 10K. Anyways i Did not go for Figo, so dint bother much.
Old 3rd August 2011, 00:40   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Update on stalling issue: Ford engineers from Chennai have come to check my vehicle with some simulating stuff. Hopefully they come up with something (it sounds like they did) they have come in a jiffy and took away my vehicle in the manner similar to a police would impound. Anyway keeping my fingers crossed (after typing this of course )
Hello Anilisanil

Any update from Ford after they took your vehicle regarding this stalling issue?
Old 3rd August 2011, 08:06   #5018
Senior - BHPian

I updated the thread the same day, here i am quoting the post for you.

Quote:
Well, it all ended as hastily it started. The ford engineers seems to be here to inspect another vehicle and wanted to have a look at this too. They did and seem to have nodded in agreement with each other that the problem is indeed not repeatable and left in a jiffy.

If Pune was a rectangle, my car was taken from edge on diagonal (Hinjewadi) to the other (Wagholi) just to confirm this

To my reprise, the RSM has called to inform that the road test failed but we are not closing the issue and Ford continues to test at its Chennai Factory.

While we are at it, I just found that stalling is more prevalent when I fill up at BP rather than at HP Pumps (both COCO). So until Ford gets back to me with a solution, ciao guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hello Anilisanil

Any update from Ford after they took your vehicle regarding this stalling issue?
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:04   #5019
BHPian

I finally got delivery of my silver Figo ZXI with rear wiper and elecrically adjustable ORVMs. Yes, I got these features for which I upgraded by booking from EXI to ZXI. Although I had to bear the price increase, I think it was the best deal.

Getting the old ZXI variant was tough as the dealer (Planet Ford) was not budging a bit. It was only when I informed them that, at the time of booking the car, these features existed ad only because of two features (height adjustable driver seat and rear wiper), that I selected the ZXI. I enquired at the Goa dealeR who had an old ZXI variant available. I had also driven the Beat diesel and, except for the interiors being cramped, I found the Beat excellent value for money. I informed this to the dealer and the lady handling my booking suggested to wait for a couple of days as many were cancelling their bookings precisely because of the feature deletion and price rise.

I agreed to this and within two days, was informed that a particular silver ZXI was made available and I immediately inspected it at the stock yard in Katraj. Here, Team BHP's list was immensly helpful. Thank you.

I will shortly upload photographs of my silver ZXI.
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:06   #5020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
I finally got delivery of my silver Figo ZXI with rear wiper and elecrically adjustable ORVMs. Yes, I got these features for which I upgraded by booking from EXI to ZXI. Although I had to bear the price increase, I think it was the best deal.

Getting the old ZXI variant was tough as the dealer (Planet Ford) was not budging a bit. It was only when I informed them that, at the time of booking the car, these features existed ad only because of two features (height adjustable driver seat and rear wiper), that I selected the ZXI. I enquired at the Goa dealeR who had an old ZXI variant available. I had also driven the Beat diesel and, except for the interiors being cramped, I found the Beat excellent value for money. I informed this to the dealer and the lady handling my booking suggested to wait for a couple of days as many were cancelling their bookings precisely because of the feature deletion and price rise.

I agreed to this and within two days, was informed that a particular silver ZXI was made available and I immediately inspected it at the stock yard in Katraj. Here, Team BHP's list was immensly helpful. Thank you.

I will shortly upload photographs of my silver ZXI.

so you bought an old zxi at new price? does that mean that the dealer has got the extra money or is it that ford revised its strategy? All funny things happen with ford!
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:58   #5021
Team-BHP Support

@Anil - You mean one should stick with HP. I have been filling up from BP from the very first day and *touch-wood* no issues this far. Sometimes the Car stays idles for days, but whenever its out, gets the 'pedal to metal' treatment after warm-up in 5th.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:18   #5022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@Anil - You mean one should stick with HP. I have been filling up from BP from the very first day and *touch-wood* no issues this far. Sometimes the Car stays idles for days, but whenever its out, gets the 'pedal to metal' treatment after warm-up in 5th.

Well it is hard to mean something in this case you know? For me, it so happened that switching to HP pump helped my cause.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 00:33   #5023
BHPian

Quote:
it so happened that switching to HP pump helped my cause.
Mine is 640 KM, 12 days old. I too have suffered from frequent stalling especially while taking u turns, trying to negotiate steep inclines, reversing on inclines etc. etc. Since 1st Aug I have started using it for routine commute to Office and found that when speed is less than 20 if I shift to 1st gear there is no stalling same for steep inclines. For reversing if I press accelerate a bit and slowly release the clutch it wont stall. I am driving diesel For First time after driving M800 for last 17 yrs as a thumb rule trying practice that wherever I used to be in 2nd Gear for M800 I should be in 1st For Figo which is reducing the stalling instances to minimum. I am still in learning phase so comments from experienced people will be appreciated.

BTW my last tank fulls were from BP will try HP for next time. I have been using HP petrol for years together I found it to be giving good mileage for my M800 (22/23 Highway, 17/18 City).

When I discussed "Which Diesel I should Use ?" with service manager here, he told that many customers have got good results with "Turbo Jet" ( I dont know which Company has this Brand), but avoided suggesting a specific Brand or Company.

Can experienced figo owners suggest it?
Old 4th August 2011, 01:56   #5024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Mine is 640 KM, 12 days old. I too have suffered from frequent stalling especially while taking u turns, trying to negotiate steep inclines, reversing on inclines etc. etc. Since 1st Aug I have started using it for routine commute to Office and found that when speed is less than 20 if I shift to 1st gear there is no stalling same for steep inclines. For reversing if I press accelerate a bit and slowly release the clutch it wont stall. I am driving diesel For First time after driving M800 for last 17 yrs as a thumb rule trying practice that wherever I used to be in 2nd Gear for M800 I should be in 1st For Figo which is reducing the stalling instances to minimum. I am still in learning phase so comments from experienced people will be appreciated.

BTW my last tank fulls were from BP will try HP for next time. I have been using HP petrol for years together I found it to be giving good mileage for my M800 (22/23 Highway, 17/18 City).

When I discussed "Which Diesel I should Use ?" with service manager here, he told that many customers have got good results with "Turbo Jet" ( I dont know which Company has this Brand), but avoided suggesting a specific Brand or Company.

Can experienced figo owners suggest it?
Hey whitelion,

First things first. The stalling that you have been facing in you car is in no way related to the kind that anilisanil and few others have been discussing, so you can relax and let out a sigh of relief
What you are facing is a mere driver error, which you would overcome pretty soon. Driving a diesel would take some time getting used to. Figo would happily chug along in 2nd gear at 20 kmph, and a downshift is not actually needed. Where I usually struggle is during gear changes, the clutch has to be released real slow unlike in my Santro, else there is an annoying jerk. And about reversing, yes, the Figo does struggle while reversing, especially on an incline. It feels like the power is too less while reversing. But again, a bit revving while clutch release does the trick.

Regarding fuel. BP or HP, just go with the trusted pumps (preferably COCO pumps) in your area.
Figo TDCi manual clearly instructs to use only "REGULAR" diesel and not the ones with additives like the TurboJet you mentioned. Once you have done the run-in and the first service, make sure you revv the engine above 3000 rpm once a week or so. That will keep the injectors clean from any clogging.

P.S: I remember reading the 3000 rpm in the Figo manual, but when I checked now, I was not able to locate it. Could someone mention the page number?
Old 4th August 2011, 09:29   #5025
BHPian

Thanks jayded, I have read your thread on Stalling Engine while Downshifting so you might have studied this issue in detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hey whitelion,

First things first. The stalling that you have been facing in you car is in no way related to the kind that anilisanil and few others have been discussing, so you can relax and let out a sigh of relief

What you are facing is a mere driver error, which you would overcome pretty soon. Driving a diesel would take some time getting used to.

No, I am neither scared nor worried that my issue is like yours since I am pretty sure that it is a driving error and trying to learn driving style of Figo diesel. Yes its bit different compared to Swift or Indica.

Figo would happily chug along in 2nd gear at 20 kmph, and a downshift is not actually needed. Where I usually struggle is during gear changes, the clutch has to be released real slow unlike in my Santro, else there is an annoying jerk.

I feel that there is some small difference in behavior, In 2nd gear if accelerator is slightly pressed car and is moving at < 20 if I release accelerator I get feeling that car is accelerating rather than further reducing the speed, which creates a bit panic. So I am trying an idea of engaging 1st when I forecast speed reduction depending on traffic conditions. Let me see how it succeeds. Yes clutch release need to be very slow to avoid jerks. But I am afraid that whether it will have excessive wear and tear due to this style.

And about reversing, yes, the Figo does struggle while reversing, especially on an incline. It feels like the power is too less while reversing. But again, a bit revving while clutch release does the trick.

I am learning that since my every day parking in Porch of My home needs that.

Regarding fuel. BP or HP, just go with the trusted pumps (preferably COCO pumps) in your area.
Figo TDCi manual clearly instructs to use only "REGULAR" diesel and not the ones with additives like the TurboJet you mentioned. Once you have done the run-in and the first service, make sure you revv the engine above 3000 rpm once a week or so. That will keep the injectors clean from any clogging.

P.S: I remember reading the 3000 rpm in the Figo manual, but when I checked now, I was not able to locate it. Could someone mention the page number?

IMHO Manuals provided with Figo need lot of improvements compared to My M800 manual. Those are just difficult to read and understand, i am still not confident that I have understood "Audio Manual" Completely, one has to read them again and again and try to understand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks