Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 18:06   #4981
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I saw my 1.4 Titanium at the dealership the car had factory fitted fog lamps , visually I cannot make out any other difference. When I enquired about the headlamp changes , the staff there did not had any clue about the headlamp changes.

The other major change is the price ,on-road prices Bangalore have gone up by 10K from earlier 6.72 to 6.82 lacs.
Old 30th July 2011, 23:11   #4982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Update on stalling issue: Ford engineers from Chennai have come to check my vehicle with some simulating stuff. Hopefully they come up with something (it sounds like they did) they have come in a jiffy and took away my vehicle in the manner similar to a police would impound. Anyway keeping my fingers crossed (after typing this of course )
Faced the similar stalling issue in my figo diesel as well.

It was the first start of the day and had driven just 200 odd metres. I was in 3rd gear at 30 kmph with A/C on, saw a bad patch of road, pressed the clutch and downshifted to 2nd and the engine stalled!

What I feel is

1. ECM was not able to keep the minimum rpm.
2. Bad quality Diesel (the needle is between half and the line below it.)
3. Driving the car in test mode made it happen.

Stating this 3rd point - as after I got to know about this test mode thing and used it, the car stalling issue came up (exactly 7 days after I used the test mode for the first time)
Old 31st July 2011, 00:46   #4983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Today I saw a new Squeeze Figo near MPL ford and asked the owner about the model and spec.
It was ZXI, but without rear wiper/E-OVRM. It looked like an EXI Model with body coloured door handle. Thats all. Really could not understand the strategy of Ford of downgrading its features in its hot selling cars.
I think Its a wrong decision at wrong time. IMHO Ford is having good chance to fightback New Swift on price vs feature basis. They could have just increased prices by 10K to 20K since new swift will be 20k to 30K costlier than current one. Reducing features on hot selling products is a move beyond my understanding. I feel that this may affect sale of Figo and On the other hand Ford is investing in 1 Bl $ plant to increase the production capacity. I dont know how they are forecasting Sales and production in number of units. I think Figo will be slowly loosing VFM tag which has given it the success which we see today.

Quote:
I had a Tirupathi drive last week in my Figo and no problem in its power on the hills. It was doing well with four adults and 2 kids. The problem is the headlights.

Good to hear the upgrade news. I think all owners would go for it.
Any idea about the cost?
My Odo reads under 500 KM but some of them were in steep ghat section with 3 Adults on board. I too feel that it has good power. Only thing to remember in ghat section is to keep RPM above 1500 by manipulating proper gears. On plain highways its a gem to drive. Even after nonstop journey of 250 odd KM I felt that I could even go further but at that time I was in Porch of my Home and time was 02:30 AM.

Quote:
@Whitelion - Yes it should be at the driver side. When you switch off the ignition, the logic is all doors are free to open for the pax sitting inside.
I cant understand this logic since any passenger sitting inside can unlock door at any time (even if car is in Motion) why it should not follow same setting that of key based locking and unlocking when ignition is turned off.

I have not tested, If I do not switch of Ignition but just stop at signal will it keep other three doors locked and Unlock Driver Side door ? Anyways I will test that tomorrow and give feedback.

Can somebody guide me If I want to escalate this issue then to whom shall I contact.
Old 31st July 2011, 09:27   #4984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion

I have not tested, If I do not switch of Ignition but just stop at signal will it keep other three doors locked and Unlock Driver Side door ? Anyways I will test that tomorrow and give feedback.

Can somebody guide me If I want to escalate this issue then to whom shall I contact.
when you just stop the locks do not open. I think the ford guys are going to say its a feature.
Old 31st July 2011, 23:19   #4985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
when you just stop the locks do not open. I think the ford guys are going to say its a feature.
Are you a Clairvoyance ?

Today I visited A.S.S.C and met Service Manager also when SA, Floor Supervisor etc. etc. could not counter justify to my questions asked above. Final discussion was with Service Manager and Sales Manager The service manager said exactly what you have predicted.

So now I have to remember to manually lock driver side door manually when valuables are kept on passenger seat. When I discussed this issue with my son he gave a nice solution, to keep valuables in boot. His thinking is First of all it will not be visible from outside due to parcel tray, secondly boot door is not auto Locking/Unlocking so it has to be unlocked intentionally either by pressing button on dash or on key. After thinking for a while i felt that its a acceptable solution and valuables will be safe from on route stealing if they are kept in Boot.

So what other BHPians are thinking, is it really safe to keep in Boot ?
Old 31st July 2011, 23:40   #4986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post

Yes, it is. Thats is why people suggest you keep your laptop and other valuables in the boot.
Refer this thread for examples
Old 1st August 2011, 01:19   #4987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Yes, it is. Thats is why people suggest you keep your laptop and other valuables in the boot.
Refer this thread for examples

This is the post
which I was worried of since similar incidences are reported here too. In some cases a begger taps on left side glass and pleads driver to open it or if its open he kills time till signal is about to be green. Suddenly picks up whatever on passenger side and runs to other lane where a biker is pretending talking on phone at side of roads. The guy jumps on pillion seat of biker and both vanish before the car owner even starts shouting.

Another modes of operandi is bikers follow you from bank when you draw a fat amount. At signal they stand just side your car and when signal is about to be green pickup the bag and vanish in same direction that of your car.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:47   #4988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I saw my 1.4 Titanium at the dealership the car had factory fitted fog lamps , visually I cannot make out any other difference. When I enquired about the headlamp changes , the staff there did not had any clue about the headlamp changes.

The other major change is the price ,on-road prices Bangalore have gone up by 10K from earlier 6.72 to 6.82 lacs.
Congratulations TJ. Did you mean, the fog lamps are a Standard accessory on the new Titaniums ?

Regarding headlamp complaints.. my experience so far (950+ kms). For the Dim setting, i find it best when the headlamp leveler is set at the Max-distance-range (can't remember if the number is 1 or 4). However, the high-beam feels much better when the leveler is turned one or two positions down. (Depending on the load, the amount of tuning required would differ).

Quote:

In the email from Ford (Subject:Welcome to the Ford Family), it says:
"For any suggestions/feedback on general issues you can mail us at fordind@ford.com"

Last edited by scanD : 1st August 2011 at 10:52.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:18   #4989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Congratulations TJ. Did you mean, the fog lamps are a Standard accessory on the new Titaniums ?
However, the high-beam feels much better when the leveler is turned one or two positions down. (Depending on the load, the amount of tuning required would differ).
Thanks! Yes ScanD, Titanium now comes with a factory fitted Fog lamp.

@ ScanD :-Have you compared the headlamp illumination with any other older Figo is it any better?

As per Ford India MD “You will be happy to know that effective this month, Ford Figos rolling out of our Chennai plant will have better illumination. “ read on Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford
Old 1st August 2011, 12:27   #4990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Yes ScanD, Titanium now comes with a factory fitted Fog lamp.

@ ScanD :-Have you compared the headlamp illumination with any other older Figo is it any better?

As per Ford India MD “You will be happy to know that effective this month, Ford Figos rolling out of our Chennai plant will have better illumination. “ read on Open-House Discussion with Michael Boneham, President and MD, Ford India | Driving Ford

Have they increased the price of Titanium version too? Otherwise it is hard to reconcile what the hell is going on - ZXI loses features and becomes more expensive, while Titanium gains features !
Old 1st August 2011, 12:30   #4991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Have they increased the price of Titanium version too? Otherwise it is hard to reconcile what the hell is going on - ZXI loses features and becomes more expensive, while Titanium gains features !
What features? Is the better illumination only for Titanium? Beats me!!
Old 1st August 2011, 12:45   #4992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I do the same - the only problem would be if some Mall or Hotel employee tries to steal stuff when doing their entry checks - very unlikely if you have the stuff in a carry bag.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:57   #4993
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Have they increased the price of Titanium version too? ... !
@Vina: tj123's post mentioned a 10K increase in OTR price in Bangalore.

@tj123: No, I haven't compared illumination with any other figo. My car was manufactured in June-2011. The link you provided didn't mention the exact month.. so not sure if mine includes the fix in question. Using Fog lamps with High-beam .. did give a sense of good-illumination.. but i think i will reserve my comments until i drive in more demanding situations than the Mysore-BLR road.

btw.. how much is the price increase in Ex-showroom price. Mine was 556219/- invoiced on 13-Jul.

Last edited by scanD : 1st August 2011 at 13:01.
Old 1st August 2011, 13:17   #4994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post

btw.. how much is the price increase in Ex-showroom price. Mine was 556219/- invoiced on 13-Jul.
My car is still not invoiced it will be done today, as per the new price list the ex-showroom cost of 1.4 Titanium is Rs 564832 /-

The open house by Michael was created 3-4 days back I guess then the Month in question was July 2011

Last edited by tj123 : 1st August 2011 at 13:34.
Old 1st August 2011, 19:18   #4995
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Just checked the Ex-showroom Prices (TDCi) at Rajshree Ford, Coimbatore
Exi - 5,05,203/- (I bought for 4,75,000/- approx with Audio system)
Zxi- 5,28,213/-
Titanium - 5,67,226/-

My Exi - OTR came 5,35,000/- (did my own registration) which was exactly 60k lesser than Titanium at that time. Now I feel for not choosing the top end.

Last edited by RGK : 1st August 2011 at 19:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks