Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2011, 17:24   #4966
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

Thats why a maruti is always a maruti. Saw a sx4 yesterday which had got its airbags deployed when the owner managed to hit the front of his car on his compound wall. Not sure why the air bag came out at such low speeds. The reason given was that he did not wear the seat belt and thus the air bags deployed at lower speeds. The sad news is that there is no switch to turn off the passenger air bag. The good news though is that the owner can change just a small part of the dash rather than the whole dash.

I thought many cars do not deploy airbags if the occupant is not properly strapped in. If the person is not strapped in then the airbag deployment can break the neck of a man if not the spinal cord.

Also I had seen a case in a Punto where the air bags deployed when the left side slightly grazed a telephone post in an attempt to take U turn at a speed less than 20kmph. It must have been since the airbag sensor went off with that impact.

I think the sensor is near the left headlamp like in Europe. (Guys please correct me if I am wrong about this) And this could be the reason for airbag deployment when the car was hit on the left side.
Old 28th July 2011, 18:48   #4967
BHPian

I had recently upgraded my Figo's headlights to 100W Osram bulbs and I find a huge improvement. I really did not care about warranty as highway driving was very difficult with the stock bulbs.

However, I still am missing my Fog lamps (have not fit the Figo fogs yet) and feel that Fogs will improve visibility in the night drives further (esp. when using high beam in highways). I wanted to check with the members here if anyone has upgraded to a bigger/better fogs than the stock offered by Ford...Is is possible to fit other lamps other than the stock ford lamps? Would like something that looks better and has the ability to take a bigger/stronger bulb. I like the ones in the city..I think they look better...

I also have a pair of hella's from my old car which I would like to fit. Has anyone fit extra lights on the figo? If so, can you share pics, would like to know how it looks...My wife & I are planning a long (2k-3K) trips on our figo would love to have backup in case headlight bulb failed in the night.

And obviously since my warrantly is already lost (due to headlight bulb change), I do not care about fitting different fogs
Old 29th July 2011, 11:49   #4968
Senior - BHPian

Update on stalling issue: Ford engineers from Chennai have come to check my vehicle with some simulating stuff. Hopefully they come up with something (it sounds like they did) they have come in a jiffy and took away my vehicle in the manner similar to a police would impound. Anyway keeping my fingers crossed (after typing this of course )
Old 29th July 2011, 12:21   #4969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I had recently upgraded my Figo's headlights to 100W Osram bulbs and I find a huge improvement. I really did not care about warranty as highway driving was very difficult with the stock bulbs.

However, I still am missing my Fog lamps (have not fit the Figo fogs yet) and feel that Fogs will improve visibility in the night drives further (esp. when using high beam in highways). I wanted to check with the members here if anyone has upgraded to a bigger/better fogs than the stock offered by Ford...Is is possible to fit other lamps other than the stock ford lamps? Would like something that looks better and has the ability to take a bigger/stronger bulb. I like the ones in the city..I think they look better...

I also have a pair of hella's from my old car which I would like to fit. Has anyone fit extra lights on the figo? If so, can you share pics, would like to know how it looks...My wife & I are planning a long (2k-3K) trips on our figo would love to have backup in case headlight bulb failed in the night.

And obviously since my warrantly is already lost (due to headlight bulb change), I do not care about fitting different fogs
Figo has plastic lens covers. The heat generated by 100W bulb can damage or even melt the lens cover and the bulb holders. Were the holders and wiring upgraded to accommodate the 100W bulb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Update on stalling issue: Ford engineers from Chennai have come to check my vehicle with some simulating stuff. Hopefully they come up with something (it sounds like they did) they have come in a jiffy and took away my vehicle in the manner similar to a police would impound. Anyway keeping my fingers crossed (after typing this of course )
Its about time! Where did they take your car? Hope it wasn't to the impound lot ?
When have they promised to return your car?
Old 29th July 2011, 12:48   #4970
BHPian

Quote:
Looking forward to your update. I had this issue on only the one occassion when slowing down for a speed breaker. Then i had dismissed it because the engine was cold on a rainy day and i hadn't really warmed it up enough.
Old 29th July 2011, 13:58   #4971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Its about time! Where did they take your car? Hope it wasn't to the impound lot ?
When have they promised to return your car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore View Post
Looking forward to your update. I had this issue on only the one occassion when slowing down for a speed breaker. Then i had dismissed it because the engine was cold on a rainy day and i hadn't really warmed it up enough.

Well, it all ended as hastily it started. The ford engineers seems to be here to inspect another vehicle and wanted to have a look at this too. They did and seem to have nodded in agreement with each other that the problem is indeed not repeatable and left in a jiffy.

If Pune was a rectangle, my car was taken from edge on diagonal (Hinjewadi) to the other (Wagholi) just to confirm this

To my reprise, the RSM has called to inform that the road test failed but we are not closing the issue and Ford continues to test at its Chennai Factory.

While we are at it, I just found that stalling is more prevalent when I fill up at BP rather than at HP Pumps (both COCO). So until Ford gets back to me with a solution, ciao guys!
Old 29th July 2011, 14:16   #4972
BHPian

Quote:
Well, it all ended as hastily it started. The ford engineers seems to be here to inspect another vehicle and wanted to have a look at this too. They did and seem to have nodded in agreement with each other that the problem is indeed not repeatable and left in a jiffy.

If Pune was a rectangle, my car was taken from edge on diagonal (Hinjewadi) to the other (Wagholi) just to confirm this

To my reprise, the RSM has called to inform that the road test failed but we are not closing the issue and Ford continues to test at its Chennai Factory.

While we are at it, I just found that stalling is more prevalent when I fill up at BP rather than at HP Pumps (both COCO). So until Ford gets back to me with a solution, ciao guys!

I just faced this issue once - Driving back home at a speed of 30 approx, i downshifted from 3rd to 2nd and voila, I hear 3 chimes and the engine stalled. Its been 3 months and 4000 kms now and I havent faced this issue again.

I hope I dont see this happen to my car again, cos I dont think the service guys will be able to replicate or fix this. Moreover after that day I make it a point ot push my car every now and then (following the manual).

BTW, I fill fuel (as soon as I hit half tank), from the same pump (BP), so that rules out fuel quality. And from my personal experience with diesel cars (Indica V2 - 1,37,000 kms and Bolero - 1,07,000), I prefer BP over HP.
Old 29th July 2011, 18:53   #4973
BHPian

Boneham answers some questions. Http://bit.ly/pEwX0x
Promises better headlamps
Old 30th July 2011, 11:56   #4974
Team-BHP Support

It says that redesigned headlamps are available from July onwards and existing customers get an option to upgrade.

Quote:
You will be happy to know that effective this month, Ford Figos rolling out of our Chennai plant will have better illumination. We are also developing a plan for existing customers who seek similar improvements to upgrade their vehicles with the new accessory through our dealerships.
Old 30th July 2011, 12:01   #4975
Team-BHP Support

Do we pay for this up-grade?

Gateway Ford at Siliguri doesn't have wipers in stock & are forcing to buy the full set.Get a life.
I hope I either get syndicate or bosch wipers which would fit on Figo.
Old 30th July 2011, 12:09   #4976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It says that redesigned headlamps are available from July onwards and existing customers get an option to upgrade.
I will surely go in for these upgrades even if we need to pay for it. But what about the rattling issues? there is no mention about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Do we pay for this up-grade?

Gateway Ford at Siliguri doesn't have wipers in stock & are forcing to buy the full set.Get a life.
I hope I either get syndicate or bosch wipers which would fit on Figo.
Get bosh wipers, no need to get OEMs again. The bosh wipers are much cheaper and better compared to the OEM ones.
Old 30th July 2011, 13:24   #4977
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Locking and Unlocking Confusion

I programmed Figo door locking and unlocking from Key buttons so that only Driver door will unlock. If I double click unlock button all four doors will unlock. It works as expected and I was happy. This feature was well demonstrated by SR when I took First TD. I was also informed that this setting will be applicable to all sorts of Locking and Unlocking of doors.

Mostly I travel alone and many times carry cash/laptop/valuables lying on front passenger seat. In decision making process, it was one of the plus points considered in favor of Figo, since auto locking/unlocking of doors will safeguard valuables from being stolen.

Today I took the car First time to my office. On route at signal I stopped and turned of the engine and was waiting for green. Casually I looked at Passenger side door to my surprise it was unlocked. So I looked at rear doors they were also Unlocked.

So it means that speed based locking and unlocking do not follow the settings for key based locking and unlocking. Is It like that for all figos or it is for my Figo ? If it is like that by default then what is purpose of providing that feature. Someone can follow me and at signal steal the valuables by opening passenger side door.

Is there any mod possible to make speed based locking and unlocking similar to key based locking and unlocking ?
Old 30th July 2011, 14:10   #4978
Team-BHP Support

Just one, as soon as you switch the ignition off, manually lock the door.
Old 30th July 2011, 14:27   #4979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Just one, as soon as you switch the ignition off, manually lock the door.
Thanks Sheel, I will try that, It will solve the problem, only thing is that I have to remember that every time I carry valuables and turn off the ignition or stop in between. Hope you mean only driver side Lock button. If it means all the doors manually then it will be difficult.

BTW If I want to raise this concern to Ford where shall I report it so that they can come out with solution in wiring, hardware or software what ever applicable, so that key based settings will be applicable to speed based locking and unlocking.
Old 30th July 2011, 16:54   #4980
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Today I saw a new Squeeze Figo near MPL ford and asked the owner about the model and spec.
It was ZXI, but without rear wiper/E-OVRM. It looked like an EXI Model with body coloured door handle. Thats all. Really could not understand the strategy of Ford of downgrading its features in its hot selling cars.

I had a Tirupathi drive last week in my Figo and no problem in its power on the hills. It was doing well with four adults and 2 kids. The problem is the headlights.

Good to hear the upgrade news. I think all owners would go for it.
Any idea about the cost?

@Whitelion - Yes it should be at the driver side. When you switch off the ignition, the logic is all doors are free to open for the pax sitting inside.

Last edited by RGK : 30th July 2011 at 17:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks