Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 14:16   #4936
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have booked a Figo ZXI diesel much before the 2o th of July (all cash payment) and the Planet Ford (Paud road) sales girl caled me up a while ago informing me about the deletions (Electric ORVM, rear wiper, etc) as well as a Rs. 4000/- hike.

I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price. I had also got a confirmation from the sales girl while making the payment that, if in case the price goes up, I will not have to bear it. She had agreed to this.

This is a clear case of CHEATING by Ford and if I do not get these features at the price I was promised (I have paid in full before the 20th), I don't think, Ford can be trusted for they may have also degraded the quality of components used in the engine. Who knows???

this also may be the reason for the slow rate of deliveries.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:54   #4937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Price of Figo has gone up and many features have been stipped down. Zxi has lost its electric mirrors, defoggers and rear wipers. Similarly, Exi loses the music system. Confirmed from dealers and sources within Ford.
oh god! This is really bad. The zxi was a steal with these features. In fact i went a year back to by the zxi and landed up with the titanium because of the airbags and ABS (wife demanded it). Wonder why ford is doing this?
Old 26th July 2011, 15:00   #4938
BHPian

All I can say is that the VFM tag might not fit the Figo anymore. Zxi was ultimate VFM version in Figo range.

I think the success of the Figo has got into their heads. Will have to wait now till every one look away from the Figo.

Another thought here, Is this a tactic to make the Fiesta Classic a more tempting buy ?
Old 26th July 2011, 15:06   #4939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post

Another thought here, Is this a tactic to make the Fiesta Classic a more tempting buy ?
I don't think so, sedans and HBs may have some overlapping market but they have their own share. A person looking for Figo P ZXi would not look to stretch to get Fiesta IMO.

In any case, trimming down the features is idiocy. Discontinue that model or increase the price. I reckon there are not many difference between Exi and Zxi now. And by how much did the prices increase? Did they cite any reasons?

And BTW how much would the facelift cost now? Looks like some confused soul made it to Ford's top management
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 15:10   #4940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
I have booked a Figo ZXI diesel much before the 2o th of July (all cash payment) and the Planet Ford (Paud road) sales girl caled me up a while ago informing me about the deletions (Electric ORVM, rear wiper, etc) as well as a Rs. 4000/- hike.

I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price. I had also got a confirmation from the sales girl while making the payment that, if in case the price goes up, I will not have to bear it. She had agreed to this.

This is a clear case of CHEATING by Ford and if I do not get these features at the price I was promised (I have paid in full before the 20th), I don't think, Ford can be trusted for they may have also degraded the quality of components used in the engine. Who knows???

Did they allot the car to you after payment, if so then you actually can get the car you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
oh god! This is really bad. The zxi was a steal with these features. In fact i went a year back to by the zxi and landed up with the titanium because of the airbags and ABS (wife demanded it). Wonder why ford is doing this?
Yes due to increase in prices they are taking away these features, which according to me is a brash move. Cost cutting through taking away key features that make Zxi hot selling model might bite their backs soon.

Quote:
All I can say is that the VFM tag might not fit the Figo anymore. Zxi was ultimate VFM version in Figo range.

I think the success of the Figo has got into their heads. Will have to wait now till every one look away from the Figo.

VFM tag IMO is hanging by the thread called boot space and rear seat comfort. Hope they don't take the BT feature

Only difference between Lxi and Exi would be the wing mirror and steel caps for the wheels
EXi and ZXi is the music system with BT and body colored handles and mirrors.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:10   #4941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any clue from what date the price rise is effective ? I booked my 1.4 Titanium on 15 July 2011. Till now I have not received any intimation from the dealer.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:12   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
I had upgraded to the ZXI from the EXI precisely for these reasons, especially the rear wiper and now the company goes ahead and deletes these important safety features and has the cheek to bump up the price.

I think you need to get in touch with somebody higher up in Ford. Maybe put a query on their facebook page. How come you pay up the whole amount even before the car is in sight? Can you cancel?
Ford Figo's dream run is likely to get over with the Liva diesel and the new Swift coming in. Already sales are stabilising to the 5000 level. Tactics like this will only make it worse.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:12   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Any clue from what date the price rise is effective ? I booked my 1.4 Titanium on 15 July 2011. Till now I have not received any intimation from the dealer.
With Immediate effect, my cousin got his car allotted but he had to pay 13 k more because of TN VAT hike from12.5% to 14.5%. Luckily he got the car alloted earlier with the Zxi features.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:44   #4944
BHPian

I made the payment before the 20th of July. They did not allot any car as none was in stock. To get a quicker delivery, I upgraded from the EXI to ZXI and also gave them an option in colour, either Chill or silver.

[quote=scorpio07;2444279]Did they allot the car to you after payment, if so then you actually can get the car you wanted.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:48   #4945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I don't think so, sedans and HBs may have some overlapping market but they have their own share. A person looking for Figo P ZXi would not look to stretch to get Fiesta IMO.
This cannot be held true for the Diesel Fiesta and the Figo zXI. In kerala the difference between them just 1L on road.

My friend who wanted a hatch decided on the Figo and then when he reached the showroom fell for the sweet talking salesman who suggested Fiesta classic as a figo with a boot . He bought a Fiesta Diesel for 6.7OTR (figo Zxi was 5.67OTR with the price hike it will be 5.8L OTR) just a difference of 90K. Diesel Titanium is 6.2L OTR and Top version Diesel Fiesta classic is 7.18 OTR(1L difference)

With the cuts in the accessories in the figo the fiesta option is more tempting.

Quote:
VFM tag IMO is hanging by the thread called boot space and rear seat comfort. Hope they don't take the BT feature
As far as I understand they have not taken the BT feature out. The BT audio cost 17K if I am not wrong. But the price difference is not justified anymore.

Quote:
Only difference between Lxi and Exi would be the wing mirror and steel caps for the wheels
EXi and ZXi is the music system with BT and body colored handles and mirrors.
I would say for anyone choosing the non ABS versions(Zxi or Exi)) buy Lxi and add the rest as after market options or even ford spares on a I need it basis. That would be a lot more cheaper than buying the top version.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:58   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With Immediate effect, my cousin got his car allotted but he had to pay 13 k more because of TN VAT hike from12.5% to 14.5%. Luckily he got the car alloted earlier with the Zxi features.
Thanks Scorpio, just a clarification will this TN VAT hike impact the Bangalore prices or is it local to TN?
Old 26th July 2011, 16:01   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Thanks Scorpio, just a clarification will this TN VAT hike impact the Bangalore prices or is it local to TN?
My bad dude, TN refers to Tamil Nadu, i think a similar hike happened in Karnataka earlier.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:36   #4948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Today, ran the car for the first time in test mode and made some observations regarding coolant/engine temperature.

The first start of the day at around 5 in the evening: 36 C

Temperature reaches to around 83-85 C with A/C on within 3 mins and hovers around there while driving.

If standing at traffic lights with A/C on temp reaches 88 C, then reduces to normal range of 83-85 C upon driving again.

But what worries me is that w/o A/C, during crawling traffic for a minute and then stopping for 3 mins after that, temp reaches 96 C. I open the hood and find that the radiator fan isn't working. After that I switch off the engine. Is this high temp normal? The high temperature warning lamp doesn't glow during this hit to 96 C. Although I believe that this indeed is quite high.

Suggestions are welcome.
96 is actually optimum. If you had the good old temp gauge in your car, the needle would be hanging bang on the middle, which is where it should be.

Don't worry at all. The engine does heat up when it makes those explosions in the 4 cylinders. The fan would spin only if the temperature shoots way above 100, to bring it back to normal.

If the engine is too cool, the lube doesn't do its job well. If you've seen the Mobil 1 tvc, you'll see that the German guy is talking about oil performance in the EU winter.

Relax and enjoy your ride, its time to worry, when you actually see steam bellowing out of the hood. And you'll be shocked to see the engine still runs well even at that stage.

Quote:
This cannot be held true for the Diesel Fiesta and the Figo zXI. In kerala the difference between them just 1L on road.

My friend who wanted a hatch decided on the Figo and then when he reached the showroom fell for the sweet talking salesman who suggested Fiesta classic as a figo with a boot . He bought a Fiesta Diesel for 6.7OTR (figo Zxi was 5.67OTR with the price hike it will be 5.8L OTR) just a difference of 90K. Diesel Titanium is 6.2L OTR and Top version Diesel Fiesta classic is 7.18 OTR(1L difference)

With the cuts in the accessories in the figo the fiesta option is more tempting.
IMHO, INR 1,00,000/- is not a figure that most Indians will prefix with a "just". That is a significant difference. Similar difference exists in the pricing of the Vista & Manza, Swift & Dzire etc.

The fact is, mostly due to our conditions, we find the Hatches more practical for day to day use in city. One can always save those 1L and spend them on diesel for many months to come!

Feature cut on ZXi - terrible. (Same that Tata did with the Vista Aqua trim 6 months back.) Till now in Pune, for the Figo TDCi, ZXi is the one most seen on roads. Looks like Ford want to sell more Titanium.

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th July 2011 at 18:47.
Old 26th July 2011, 18:50   #4949
BHPian

I booked Figo D ZXI in Kolhapur on 03 Jun 2011 but local dealer was delivering car even after @ 50 days. Escalated matter to Ford cust care and they suggested that I can Cancel Booking if I want . I contacted Talera Ford Pune and the SR said car is in stock If I want it pay and get delivery. I went Pune on 21 Jul paid full amount in Morning and car was delivered in the evening at 6 PM.

While giving delivery the SR told us that You are very lucky since Ford has cut features like Electric ORVM, Rear wiper, washer, BT etc. etc. and price is hiked by 4K.

I am really surprised and felt that its a wrong decision at wrong time. The equation which was making Figo competitive to swift has now changed drastically. I feel that its going to affect Figo sales very badly. I agree New Swift will be costlier by 30K to 40K but Ford should not have taken move to cut down the features. People could have digested price hike but cutting down features is going to have great Impact.

I think Ford might be trying to pullout from HB market as the HB customer is pain to handle and profit margins are also low. They may concentrate on Sedan market which is more profitable with less pains.
Old 26th July 2011, 20:49   #4950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and also a proud owner of a 11 month old Figo TDCI titanium. I am facing an issue with car from the day one. From about the time i had completed the first service i am hearing a small sound from the driver suspension/steering column area. It is more like a rumbling or it is like something is loose. When i fall into ditches with sharp edges theres a loud thud too from the front suspension. I gave the car for check ups at kairali ford Cochin and they couldn't find anything wrong with car. I though it it was in my head and tried to live with it. As time went by the noise stared increasing and now there's a very distinct sound from the same area when you drive through uneven roads and i tried taking the car to the SC and they still cannot find whats wrong with the car. They tried changing the connecting rods and the usual stuff and still the noise remains. Have anyone else faced this same issue and got it sorted? Please help.
Did you get the brake calipers checked. My car used to make a similar sound, something like a rattling metal sound, while going over a rough patch. It was found to be loose brake caliper assembly. It was tightened at the A.S.S. and the sound has reduced considerably.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks