Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 11:58   #4846
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Well, putting a/c on in recirculation mode would not help suffocation either.
Helps very great extent in Fiesta.
Quote:
But for distances that I travel (20-22 KMs) suffocation is not an issue. putting A/C on pricks me for more fuel consumption just to defrost my windows, which is why I specifically asked if quickly turning on and off the compressor would damage it?
When I checked with A/C and without A/C milleage differed only by 0.4kmpl. Hence I really do not care about more fuel. However long journey this might be different. Even then I won't dare to open windows as road noise would make my head spin!

I am not sure this is how much different than car with Auto A/C. In Auto A/C compressor is switched off and on every few time, (not necessarily every minute though).
Quote:
Of course, if it damages the only options is to put it on in bare minimum. But as a matter of fact I do not like the air quality in anything more than the full blue, anything above blue smells oil and feels weird, is it just me?
Never had this issue with Fiesta. May be Figo its is something different. Isn't the quality of Air depends on air filter?
I have kept cold level to very minimum. I can drive without Air smelling like oil.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:01   #4847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post

By the way - can you quickly reply to the question I asked above - what documents to leave in the car when giving it for service? The pickup guy should be here any minute now.
Just make sure to give your service booklet. They need it for free service. Remove all valuables. No other document is needed.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:06   #4848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just make sure to give your service booklet. They need it for free service. Remove all valuables. No other document is needed.

Can't I give them the coupon after the service? I mean what leverage do I have if they keep the coupon themselves out of the book?
Old 19th July 2011, 12:08   #4849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can't I give them the coupon after the service? I mean what leverage do I have if they keep the coupon themselves out of the book?
You can just tear off the relevant coupon and give just that to the service guy.

Generally they should not tear the future coupons, you should trust them on this
Old 19th July 2011, 12:13   #4850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can just tear off the relevant coupon and give just that to the service guy.

Generally they should not tear the future coupons, you should trust them on this

No I meant shouldn't I give the coupon aftert he service is done?
Old 19th July 2011, 12:18   #4851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No I meant shouldn't I give the coupon aftert he service is done?
I am not too sure. Because, you are not paying for the labor, but the SC should still bill it. So there should be a way for them to close the bill and deliver the vehicle and hence the coupon.

I got no clue on how things work in your place, if the SC asked for the coupon after the service then so be it!
Old 19th July 2011, 12:30   #4852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not too sure. Because, you are not paying for the labor, but the SC should still bill it. So there should be a way for them to close the bill and deliver the vehicle and hence the coupon.

I got no clue on how things work in your place, if the SC asked for the coupon after the service then so be it!

OK I was just trying to find out how things work in general with Ford. Going to the dealership now - let us see what they have to say.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:03   #4853
BHPian

^^
In Bangalore, Lathangi doesn't bother with coupons. As service database is shared with all authorized service center of Ford, they can't raise more than one allowed free service against a VIN. Hence as far as payment goes, whoever raises the tickets gets paid. Of-course if there is dispute, ford will always gets back to the customer!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 19th July 2011 at 13:05.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:33   #4854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I can drive without Air smelling like oil.
This is odd. Try replacing the coolant and check if this happens. Coolant that's been in the radiator for too long ends up smelling like this when you turn the thermostat to warm air or a mix of conditioned and warm air.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:39   #4855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This is odd. Try replacing the coolant and check if this happens. Coolant that's been in the radiator for too long ends up smelling like this when you turn the thermostat to warm air or a mix of conditioned and warm air.
Actually I don't have issue. I was replying to anilisanil who feels if AC set to lower levels of cold then air has oil odor.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:23   #4856
BHPian

Can any Figo TDCi owner confirm if Ford 1.4L TDCi BS4 engine is DPF equipped. I did not find any mention of this in user manual, hence asking.

Mustang - can you help?
Old 19th July 2011, 15:26   #4857
BHPian

How can a 5mm height difference ruin the suspension?

In fact, the original height is 65mm and if we replace it with a tyre having 60mm height (185/60 - R14), ground clearance will decrease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Go for the XM1+ from michelin or the A drives from Yokohama.
Old 19th July 2011, 15:34   #4858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
How can a 5mm height difference ruin the suspension?

In fact, the original height is 65mm and if we replace it with a tyre having 60mm height (185/60 - R14), ground clearance will decrease.
60 and 65 is not absolute number in mm, these are % of sidewall height to section width. So stock is 65% of 175 and mustang proposed 60% of 185.

Overall diameter of 185/60R14 is 1% smaller than stock and of 185/65R14 is 2% larger than stock. Both are pretty within acceptable limits but 185/65 will give you 6.5mm more GC which surely will help in case of figo. If SC wants to void warranty, they can do so in either upgrade but if at all you upgrade, go for 185/65R14. Figo is already a stable car with low COG and half a CM increase should not cause any issues, infact will help in improving GC slightly. Just my 2 cents.
amit1234singla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 15:45   #4859
BHPian

Thank you. There could not be a better explanation, not to mention, I also learned something.
I intend to upgrade to 185/65 R14 Bridgestone G3 Potenzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
60 and 65 is not absolute number in mm, these are % of sidewall height to section width. So stock is 65% of 175 and mustang proposed 60% of 185.

Overall diameter of 185/60R14 is 1% smaller than stock and of 185/65R14 is 2% larger than stock. Both are pretty within acceptable limits but 185/65 will give you 6.5mm more GC which surely will help in case of figo. If SC wants to void warranty, they can do so in either upgrade but if at all you upgrade, go for 185/65R14. Figo is already a stable car with low COG and half a CM increase should not cause any issues, infact will help in improving GC slightly. Just my 2 cents.
Old 19th July 2011, 19:46   #4860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
^^
In Bangalore, Lathangi doesn't bother with coupons. As service database is shared with all authorized service center of Ford, they can't raise more than one allowed free service against a VIN. Hence as far as payment goes, whoever raises the tickets gets paid. Of-course if there is dispute, ford will always gets back to the customer!

thanks.

I went for my first service today - here's the experience so far:

Dealer/Workshop: Fortune Ford, Hyderabad (bought my car from the same guys)
Almost 3months over, 1660km run (I travel out of station a lot, so car remains in the parking a lot)

Called the guys last Friday - they first asked me whether I wanted to book it for Saturday - I was surprised - this effectively meant no appointments required.

The I told them I want it done on Monday, so they said a driver will car from home at 10am. No driver came yesterday, so called them and they promised to send the guy today.

The guys didn't arrive till 12:30 (they promised 12) so I decided to take it to the workshop myself - I get in the car and the driver calls - I picked him up on the way and he drove the rest of the way.

Went to the workshop - a lady comes running trying to sell me underbody coating (she quoted 3200 or something) and window films (I didn't even bother to ask the price - summers are almost over so I would put film next year may be)

told them about the dents in the car - so they sent me to the bodyshop.

From Captain Slow's experiences I feared they would tell me "panel replacement sir" - but they didn't. They told me denting/painting is all that is needed and man I'm happy. Though the quote for denting work is a little stiff (3200 or so for every panel). I have two dents - one just below the rear left lamp, the other on the front left wheel arch (happened today - a goods carrier auto overtook me going ahead scratching all over the place)

Now they say insurance will take care of the rear one and I asked them no to do anything about the front one - it is not easily visible and paint touch up will do. In any case I'm pretty sure another dent will reappear pretty soon, the way people drive here.

I asked the for little touch up of paint and asked for a quote - they said they'll do it free of cost - again a surprise given Captain Slow's experience.

All the while the guys were very polite and I never stood for a minute anywhere without being attended to. Also these guys told me to check the car and take all the valuables as well as all the papers with me.

with the insurance formalities and service the car will be ready by Saturday - I told them I'll pick it up Monday morning.

told them to fix the following in service:
  1. Rear window opening on its own (noticed on Sunday I have the problem too - though the window takes some weeks to open a few mm)
  2. headlamp alignment (seems to be slightly towards left from the day I brought the car home)
  3. Check the brakes - they make noise when I start/stop on an incline/decline
  4. The jerk that I get when I take foot of the pedal in a hurry in low gears. The guy said it is normal.

Will let you guys know the rest of the experience once I get the car back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks