Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 15:47   #4831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
How are good are your GT3 tyres ? Hope thay have improved , there is a thread on this for your reference
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...t3-review.html
No, after reading reviews on TBhp I had traded them for Bridgestone ER60 on the first day itself.
Old 18th July 2011, 16:10   #4832
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101

Wrong upsize. It should be 185/60. Actually upsizing is not needed, stock tyre size is good enough. Also Any claims of warranty towards suspension will not be entertained by the dealer then.
Go for the XM1+ from michelin or the A drives from Yokohama.
Old 18th July 2011, 16:45   #4833
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
This is not true. My Titanium TDCi came with GT3.

My comment was based on observation - every single Titanium I have seen at the dealership and the roads was a Titanium.

In fact after reading the tyre reviews I was worried I might get a car with MRF that is why I was curious to see the tyre makes.

Of course I may be wrong - as you have conclusively proved.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:01   #4834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
My comment was based on observation - every single Titanium I have seen at the dealership and the roads was a Titanium.

In fact after reading the tyre reviews I was worried I might get a car with MRF that is why I was curious to see the tyre makes.

Of course I may be wrong - as you have conclusively proved.
Indeed Shipnil is right. My car came with MRFs, which I reckon did contribute to the recent spinning off the track. I am now contemplating under inflating (28-30) for better grip. I generally drive with 32 on all tires.

Any other issues than advanced wear with under inflating? sorry for
Old 18th July 2011, 17:10   #4835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Indeed Shipnil is right. My car came with MRFs, which I reckon did contribute to the recent spinning off the track. I am now contemplating under inflating (28-30) for better grip. I generally drive with 32 on all tires.

You will have a better ride quality and lower FE. Also cornering at higher speeds will give you a hard to describe rubbery feeling (that is how I detected my tyres were under-inflated)
Old 18th July 2011, 17:17   #4836
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
You will have a better ride quality and lower FE. Also cornering at higher speeds will give you a hard to describe rubbery feeling (that is how I detected my tyres were under-inflated)

I hate the noise that an under inflated tyre makes.
I dread having to ride behind cars that make a lot of noise due to under inflated tires.
And during rains these car sprays a lot of water on to my windshield.
Grip is good but the tire wall will be under higher stress and can develop cracks in the long run.
If you are trying to get rid of the tyre. good technique
Old 18th July 2011, 17:30   #4837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I hate the noise that an under inflated tyre makes.
I dread having to ride behind cars that make a lot of noise due to under inflated tires.
And during rains these car sprays a lot of water on to my windshield.
Grip is good but the tire wall will be under higher stress and can develop cracks in the long run.
If you are trying to get rid of the tyre. good technique

Actually in rains under-inflation will mean poor grip, not better grip. Under-inflation will compress the treads on the sides (that is why under-inflated tyres wear out faster on the outside) causing the water channels to become less efficient and thus reducing the patch area of contact between the road and the tyre - more weight will be supported by the water than by the road directly.

That is also why they splash more water into the vehicles behind.

In rains narrower tyres (or slightly over-inflated tyres) are better.
Old 18th July 2011, 18:14   #4838

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
FE Update

Had my first service done last week (about 10 days back) after clocking 2700 kms on the odo. Some brake noise issues. So, the dealership replaced the break pads & darn they were abysmally gone. He said, some cars have come up with such issues, usually cars delivered in Nov - Dec 2010.

After that, have clocked 700-800 kms, OT:(out of which 650 kilometers in the last week from Mon-Sat due to my new office in Noida)

Ok, so on Monday i got it filled up for 1300 bucks, filled in 34.400 litres.
Driven in peak city traffic on the ring road till ashram, zoomed at 150-160kmph on DND & then got slaughtered again upon entering Noida till the SEZ.

Covered 652.7 kms on the odo before the reserve resulting in an overall average of 18.97kmpl (in extreme driving:P, either too fast or too slow). So, I guess that's a good enough average!

Fuel Filled : 34.400 litres
Cost: Rs. 1300
Kms driven: 652.7 kms
FE: 18.97kmpl

On highways, on my recent trip to Amritsar, she gave me 21.5kmpl with AC on for 60% of the time, with spirited driving!
Mine is a Figo, bought in Nov 2010. Before my first service I had a grinding noise coming from the front brakes at slow speeds. The noise was worst when the car was taken out for the first time in the day and disappeared after a bit of driving. I notified Metro Ford during the first service and they changed the brake pads free of cost. Although I asked what the problem was, the dealers were unwilling to give an explanation. I demanded an explanation again when Ford called to ask about the service. Again, they said they would get back to me after talking to the service engineer, but nothing happened after that.
Its been 7000 kms on my odo now and its not yet time for the 2nd service and the noise is back. It gets worse when I leave the car for a few days before taking it out. The noise seems proportional to the inactivity. It goes away after driving for a few Kms. I just read the above post and realised that this is a common issue. I just wanted to share my experience and find out if the issue has ever gone away for the other owners or is a recurring issue after every brake pad replacement? Cheers.
Old 18th July 2011, 19:44   #4839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomvee View Post
Mine is a Figo, bought in Nov 2010. Before my first service I had a grinding noise coming from the front brakes at slow speeds. The noise was worst when the car was taken out for the first time in the day and disappeared after a bit of driving. I notified Metro Ford during the first service and they changed the brake pads free of cost. Although I asked what the problem was, the dealers were unwilling to give an explanation. I demanded an explanation again when Ford called to ask about the service. Again, they said they would get back to me after talking to the service engineer, but nothing happened after that.
Its been 7000 kms on my odo now and its not yet time for the 2nd service and the noise is back. It gets worse when I leave the car for a few days before taking it out. The noise seems proportional to the inactivity. It goes away after driving for a few Kms. I just read the above post and realised that this is a common issue. I just wanted to share my experience and find out if the issue has ever gone away for the other owners or is a recurring issue after every brake pad replacement? Cheers.

On my car when I do sudden braking at very low speeds (car drifting on a decline at a red light - front vehicle slms his brakes or a biker moves in front) the front left brake makes a squeal.

At highers speeds there is nothing (or may be I never noticed - at higher speeds there is a lot of other noise too and I'm not exactly straining my ears to hear the brakes)

anybody else with this problem?
Old 18th July 2011, 21:06   #4840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomvee View Post
I also had this issue and got the brake callipers replaced for free. I was there when the whole change was done. It took about 3.5hours. They bled the brake fluid and then the brake calipers were removed; After removing the caliper the service adviser showed some pins inside the brake calipers and they were smaller in diameter in comparison to the enclosures. He said the problem was that the pins had some amount of free play in the enclosure resulting in the sound from the caliper. Now before fixing the new caliper he showed the new one. It did not have that much of clearance between the pin and the circular enclosure.

It has been 3 months since the new calipers have been fitted and there has no rubbing noise or caliper knock till now.

About the issue that vina has reported, I have not experienced it yet. Excessive wear on left brake pad could be the issue; Cant be sure though.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:08   #4841
Senior - BHPian

It has been raining rhinos and hippos in Pune and I am having this issue of frost on the windshield when I do not turn on the a/c. The frost disappears when I turn on the a/c and put the fan in defrost mode.

Fixing the premise that I do not want to run with a/c on(for obvious reasons), will a quick on and off of a/c harm the compressor? I do not turn it on for more than 30secs I believe.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:28   #4842
Senior - BHPian

Quick question guys:

what are the documents you leave in the car when you give it for service?
Old 19th July 2011, 11:32   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
It has been raining rhinos and hippos in Pune and I am having this issue of frost on the windshield when I do not turn on the a/c. The frost disappears when I turn on the a/c and put the fan in defrost mode.

Fixing the premise that I do not want to run with a/c on(for obvious reasons), will a quick on and off of a/c harm the compressor? I do not turn it on for more than 30secs I believe.
Your only other option is leaving slight opening in windows so that outside and inside temperature are same! But if it is raining rhinos and hippos without window weather shields it would be difficult to open even a small gap!

Any issue keeping A/C on (to minimum) and direction towards windscreen? Wouldn't you get suffocated when all windows closed and A/C is not on?

Quote:
Quick question guys:

what are the documents you leave in the car when you give it for service?
Nothing! Make sure you carry a bag with you. Take every thing inside the car! Including service booklet/owners manual. At least here in Bangalore, lathangi provides covers to take every thing (including idol, perfume). I once gave service with good key chain of Zoo Zoo. Some pervert in service station manage to disfigure it!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 19th July 2011 at 11:39.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:41   #4844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Your only other option is leaving slight opening in windows so that outside and inside temperature are same! But if it is raining rhinos and hippos without window weather shields it would be difficult to open even a small gap!
Precisely! Opening the windows is not generally an option, either it is heavy rain or on coming vehicles splashing water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Any issue keeping A/C on (to minimum) and direction towards windscreen? Wouldn't you get suffocated when all windows closed and A/C is not on?
Well, putting a/c on in recirculation mode would not help suffocation either. But for distances that I travel (20-22 KMs) suffocation is not an issue. putting A/C on pricks me for more fuel consumption just to defrost my windows, which is why I specifically asked if quickly turning on and off the compressor would damage it?

Of course, if it damages the only options is to put it on in bare minimum. But as a matter of fact I do not like the air quality in anything more than the full blue, anything above blue smells oil and feels weird, is it just me?
Old 19th July 2011, 11:52   #4845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Of course, if it damages the only options is to put it on in bare minimum. But as a matter of fact I do not like the air quality in anything more than the full blue, anything above blue smells oil and feels weird, is it just me?

I used to keep it on bare minimum blue (I thought that would save fuel - till Mustang corrected me) and blower directly on my hands. Never encountered any smell problem of any kind.

By the way - can you quickly reply to the question I asked above - what documents to leave in the car when giving it for service? The pickup guy should be here any minute now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks