Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 22:19   #4801
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
You guys are right, the noise is more pronounced in enclosed spaces. In my case it was the parking slot of my colleague when i parked the car and got out to check the rear. Although I did not hear the noise when inside the car and the engine felt very quite. At what rpms does the turbo kick in?

Now turn on the AC and the music system and you will not even notice that it is a diesel. The car is silent from the inside but is noisy outside like most of the diesel cars.
The turbo kicks in around 1700-1800 rpm.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 10:08   #4802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
The turbo kicks in around 1700-1800 rpm.

I believe it kicks at 1.4K - 1.5K rpm. For best FE rpm should be between 1.8K - 2.2K, ideally 2K. Experts please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:16   #4803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
I believe it kicks at 1.4K - 1.5K rpm. For best FE rpm should be between 1.8K - 2.2K, ideally 2K. Experts please correct me if I am wrong.

For Figo I feel the same - 1.3k is where the lugging sound goes away and at 1.5k you start getting a surge of pickup.

For best FE you want to be in as high a gear as possible and then have as high rpm as possible (but 500 to 1000rpm below redline)
Old 14th July 2011, 15:15   #4804
BHPian

I felt the surge around 1700-1800rpm.
I am referring to the digi rev counter (test mode).

Yeah it could differ by a max of 50-100rpm. Please can you try the surge experiment in the test mode for the instrument console.
anilsanil has mentioned how to get into the test mode somewhere in tbhp.

The surge is really at 1700rom although since it is a light turbo you would start to feel the surge when the tacho crosses 1500rpm (did not feel it below that for sure)
Old 14th July 2011, 16:13   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I felt the surge around 1700-1800rpm.
I am referring to the digi rev counter (test mode).

Yeah it could differ by a max of 50-100rpm. Please can you try the surge experiment in the test mode for the instrument console.
anilsanil has mentioned how to get into the test mode somewhere in tbhp.

The surge is really at 1700rom although since it is a light turbo you would start to feel the surge when the tacho crosses 1500rpm (did not feel it below that for sure)

Well most of the time once I have a road where I can reach 2000 in 3rd or higher gear, I'm no longer looking at the tacho. And in lower gears it doesn't matter anyway.

Even in 3rd you may very well be right about surge at 1700, the thing is at 1500rpm I usually get adequate power. I normally downshift soon after crossing 2000 (may be reach 2200) - the car is still new, I want to save diesel and also on most roads crossing 2000 in 4th or 5th is not possible in Hyderabad at most times.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:19   #4806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Small update, My Figos headlight leveler started giving some problems.
Now the cars headlight started showing some sings of trouble. Whenever the car goes over a speed breaker or a bad patch of road you can hear and see the headlight leveler motor moving up and down. Even if you touch the headlight switch the same happens.
A.S.S fixed it.

Same problem is back again
Old 14th July 2011, 23:15   #4807

Anybody done any visual mod on Figo yet? Is it possible to change the silver trims on the door and the silver trim on the central console into something else, like Glossy black or polished chrome. Also the New Fiesta Classic has almost the same interiors as figo, but seems to be of a better make. Is it possible to fit Fiesta's Driving wheel on Figo. IMHO the Fiesta wheel looks much better. I10 has similar rotary AC vents but of better make and black trim. Would someone venture to replace them? Has any one altered the dashboad look of Figo? Please share. Its a great car but the dash is a eyesore. (Mods: If this is off-topic kindly shift it. If it merits a separate thread kindly help me. thanks)
Old 15th July 2011, 00:08   #4808
BHPian

My car is heading for first Paid service (20K) next week, any new findings (warranty fixes) that needs to be tracked on jobsheet ?

I have realized the front glass area design is such that it covers beyond the dash broad into the passenger foot-well/seats and planning to ask for the 3M 70RE on front windshield too.

Its one heck of car to summarize the ownership experience thus far.
Old 15th July 2011, 09:18   #4809
Senior - BHPian

About exterior mods, the A.S.S. provides spoiler and roof rails. When I asked my SA, he said that holes have to be drilled into the monocoque. Will this cause leaks into the cabin during rain, car wash, etc.?
Old 15th July 2011, 09:38   #4810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot View Post
Anybody done any visual mod on Figo yet? Is it possible to change the silver trims on the door and the silver trim on the central console into something else, like Glossy black or polished chrome. Also the New Fiesta Classic has almost the same interiors as figo, but seems to be of a better make. Is it possible to fit Fiesta's Driving wheel on Figo. IMHO the Fiesta wheel looks much better. I10 has similar rotary AC vents but of better make and black trim. Would someone venture to replace them? Has any one altered the dashboad look of Figo? Please share. Its a great car but the dash is a eyesore. (Mods: If this is off-topic kindly shift it. If it merits a separate thread kindly help me. thanks)

Yes you can use the fiesta steering wheel for your figo. But it is going to cost you some money (for the spare part and the labor). Alternatively you can leather wrap your steering because it is the same design anyways

You can also fix the fiesta rear seats in your figo. It is a little tight fit but should not be a problem. Fastening bolts seems to be in the same space.

I checked out the hyundai i10 aircon vents and I feel figo has superior vents. It is quite durable than that on hyundai and also made of quite tough plastic. Did not measure it but I think it is a tad smaller.

Wooden finish stickers are available in interior mod shops. Personally I think they look tacky and cheap but some say that it gives a rich look; You cna get black/any color stickers that could be used. Also chrome strips (pattis) to divide the upper and lower part of your dashboard.

You can fix a interior foot well LED lights (from outside). This could be fixed without voiding warranty, by not cutting the wires. The connections can be taken from inside the A pillar plastic cover where you will find the wiring for the cabin light. Make sure the guy who has done it knows what he is doing and also has worked on a figo before.

Then you can have scuff plates on your door sills which look racy.
Roof rails are not really that attractive but I think the spoilers in the back lends some character to the car.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:18   #4811
Senior - BHPian

alternative to Pete's

figo_mba posted an alternative to Pete's here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2430869

This is the link to Figo specific solution:

Chiptuning RaceChip - Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi, 1399ccm, 51kW (ca.69PS)
Old 15th July 2011, 14:27   #4812
BHPian

thank you vina.
I was going to get all the details and post it in detail today evening.

And then in that thread it was mentioned about pete's. Did not want anybody getting into thinking that pete's was the only solution and did not want them buying anything in impulse. So to prevent that I posted some of the details i knew there. Even if some one with no background were to 'google' the team bhp page he will see both the options there and might not end up thinking pete's was the only option.

About Race chip, Here I think So I think it is a little different from the pete's tuning box on how the power is increased.

Just wondering if this has something to do with the increasing of the common rail pressure (by confusing the ECU and thereby the common rail fuel pump into believing that pressure in the rail is lower than it should be)
Old 15th July 2011, 16:19   #4813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About Race chip, Here I think So I think it is a little different from the pete's tuning box on how the power is increased.

Just wondering if this has something to do with the increasing of the common rail pressure (by confusing the ECU and thereby the common rail fuel pump into believing that pressure in the rail is lower than it should be)

I read on a TDi forum that pete's box works by increasing the rail pressure. Apparently injectors are encoded so no third-party systems can change injector timings, only OEM's ECU can. By increasing the rail pressure you get higher injection (ECU doesn't know the rail pressure is higher - Pete's lies to the ECU) due to the extra pressure - the higher pressure increases the flow rate via the injector + to a lmited extent increases density of diesel fuel.

Another BHPian reports here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2370412

that fuel pump leaked at 90k km. This is what I was worrying about earlier. Racechip's tuning may be used to reduce the likelihood perhaps (e.g. economy tuning for daily ride, high tuning for highway runs, highest tuning when trying to show off to your friends ...)
Old 16th July 2011, 00:07   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I read on a TDi forum that pete's box works by increasing the rail pressure. Apparently injectors are encoded so no third-party systems can change injector timings, only OEM's ECU can. By increasing the rail pressure you get higher injection (ECU doesn't know the rail pressure is higher - Pete's lies to the ECU) due to the extra pressure - the higher pressure increases the flow rate via the injector + to a lmited extent increases density of diesel fuel.

Another BHPian reports here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2370412

that fuel pump leaked at 90k km. This is what I was worrying about earlier. Racechip's tuning may be used to reduce the likelihood perhaps (e.g. economy tuning for daily ride, high tuning for highway runs, highest tuning when trying to show off to your friends ...)
i checked out the thread that you mentioned. Above mentioned leak happened on a pete modded swift.

happened to see a thread about another guy who did race chip installtion in linea and done 15K kms and driven for a year.

link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2360773
Old 16th July 2011, 11:54   #4815
BHPian

Quote:
i checked out the thread that you mentioned. Above mentioned leak happened on a pete modded swift.

happened to see a thread about another guy who did race chip installtion in linea and done 15K kms and driven for a year.

link below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2360773
Figo_mba, I have a doubt. Is it advisable to boost performance by this way ? If it is really boosting performance at such cheap and simple way, why the car manufacturers are not adopting it in first place it self. Why they are spending lots of money on R & D for higher power engines.

There must be some side effects or performance increase may be illusive. I am not expert in engines, I know only basics of Diesel and petrol engines. There is a question on top of mind is, how and from where the extra power and torque is coming from ?

Another product where I have doubt is FuelMag. Its meant for diesel engines. Its fitted on Fuel supply pipe to engine. Its a tube type magnet which is suppose to break Sludge forming Mirobs in Diesel. The manufacturer Claims that If its fitted then There will not be any sludge formation in Fuel Tank as well it keeps Fuel filter very clean. Once I contacted that person and he is taking a periodic followup with me. He is from Kerala itself. If you could locate him please discuss with him also.

Personally I feel that these type of products are like Products Sold by TV ads. We get mesmerized by claims they make and end up in buying them to only add crap at Home. I have seen many "Six Pack AB development Machines" collecting dust under Sofa at Some of my Friend's homes and their bellies competing "Lord Ganapati".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks