Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 09:19   #4786
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The fix would have been given to the service guys at dealers for the older cars also. I was only implying that the newer cars will come with no such problem. Best would be to check with the service guys at the dealership.

A fix is applicable to both new and existing cars, always.
Old 12th July 2011, 09:53   #4787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The fix would have been given to the service guys at dealers for the older cars also. I was only implying that the newer cars will come with no such problem. Best would be to check with the service guys at the dealership.

Can you tell more about where the problem was? Was it the ECU or something else?

My sister has one of the very first few Figos sold in Delhi and I would like to tell her to get it done.
Old 12th July 2011, 09:55   #4788
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Can you tell more about where the problem was? Was it the ECU or something else?

My sister has one of the very first few Figos sold in Delhi and I would like to tell her to get it done.

I also do not know what the cause of the problem was, this is because it has been kept at a "need to know" basis. But I remember someone had an injector cleaning done up here on team-bhp and i guess the problem did not occur after that.
Old 12th July 2011, 09:59   #4789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Mustang for your reassuring word that all new vehicles don’t have this issue and older vehicles will be fixed.
Abrupt engine stalling can be dangerous and can be potentially catastrophic depends on the situation.

Is this some sort of ECU software patch upgrade or some mechanical change ? Bit anxious as I will be taking my Figo TDCi delivery in couple of weeks time.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:02   #4790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Is this some sort of ECU software patch upgrade or some mechanical change ? Bit anxious as I will be taking my Figo TDCi delivery in couple of weeks time.
As i mentioned in my last post, the cause of this problem was never disclosed and was kept on a need to know basis so even i do not know what the problem was. So when guys whose cars have these problems get it fixed from the service center then they will be able to comment more on this.

And now some information in bold.

South City Ford in Noida is closing down in the next 3-4 days, permanently.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:41   #4791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As i mentioned in my last post, the cause of this problem was never disclosed and was kept on a need to know basis so even i do not know what the problem was. So when guys whose cars have these problems get it fixed from the service center then they will be able to comment more on this.
As I mentioned before, I am in constant touch with an RSM, a Ford Engineer and a Service center for last quite a few months. THERE IS NO FIX WHATSOEVER.

I guess there is no point in burying an issue. And I do not think the newer cars do not have this problem. Because if there is really a "so claimed" fix which is released on "need to know" basis I would have known it by now. Or it is just that we are guinea pigs for Ford :(.

And with all due respect to Ford, Ford is a customer centric company and they are doing their best to solve any niggle I report to proper channels.
Old 12th July 2011, 10:45   #4792
BHPian

saw this article on zigwheels. thought i should post it here

Maruti Suzuki Ritz DDis vs Ford Figo : Comparison| Zigwheels.com

Check the ritz FE. This looks like paid news .
Old 12th July 2011, 14:54   #4793
BHPian

Quote:
And now some information in bold.

South City Ford in Noida is closing down in the next 3-4 days, permanently.
Why? Their service center was always crowded and I thought they were doing good business. I bought my Figo from them.

Last edited by perseus : 12th July 2011 at 15:06.
Old 12th July 2011, 15:05   #4794
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus

Why? I thought they were doing good business. I bought my Figo from them.
Even I have no clue, they are migrating to a toyota dealership.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:09   #4795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Most of the niggles in the Figo pops up after the car has clocked some Kms on the odo. So there are no issues that you need to specifically check for. May be you can ask them to carry out the TSB correction for the "Rear windows rolling down by itself" issue (an additional clip solution has been discussed few pages back too). That would save your friend a visit to the A.S.S. after he starts using his car. Rest should be the standard PDI. All the best
By the time I had read your post I had already got the vehicle home. But thanks for the point, will inform my friend about the same.

The drive from the dealer to the temple to the petrol station to home was pretty much OK. I was driving the diesel for the first time and managed to stall the engine twice in 8 pm traffic but the drive was smooth till I got off the car with engine running after parking at my colleagues stilt parking. The diesel engine sound was unbearable, is the Figo engine that noisy? I thought these days the diesel engines are pretty much silent ones but with Figo it can be an exception. I also felt the low end torque was not that great but once the speed crossed 50, the engine was literally begging for more.

Regarding the delivery at Shreeji Ford, Thane, the experience was not that great since the delivery happened when they were right at closing the doors. The delivery was very fast and quick, but my colleague had managed to get the PDI done before the final keys handover. Over all it was a joyous moment for my friend of having moved from the biking days to car.
Old 13th July 2011, 08:04   #4796
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101

Even I have no clue, they are migrating to a toyota dealership.
Did some investigation, it seems south city ford are not happy because of the new ford dealership in sector 63 noida and another new one that is opening very soon on mathura road right next to haldirams. So they have decided to migrate to toyota. Plus they could not handle the ford motor company paperwork in proper order/ alloted time and thus they were regularly getting bashed by the company for this which they did not like.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:40   #4797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanD View Post
Hi all, i've booked my TDCi Titanium ..
Car going for Registration today. Will take delivery tomorrow or Friday .

Some questions:
Fact1: Sales person (SP) said that the freebies given by dealer (Reverse Parking Sensor + USB wire) won't be mentioned on the Invoice.

Question1: Since there is no official record of these accessories in Ford's database (i.e., officially, they could be deemed as after-market fitments), what do i need to ensure that Ford will honour warranty if something goes wrong because of any malfunction in these accessories.

Fact2: Regarding sun-films (also a freebie), i was told that there would be 1 year warranty. However, the SP says they wouldn't be providing any Llumar Warranty Card/paper.. and neither is it mentioned on the Car Invoice.
Question2: What do i need to i exercise my right in case of a llumar warranty claim?

Also, how to determine which brand of sun-film has been applied in the absence of any official paperwork?

any advise ?

Note: Mods, i posted it here since the car in question is a Figo. However, if this post should be in some other thread, pls move... thanks.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:05   #4798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The diesel engine sound was unbearable, is the Figo engine that noisy? I thought these days the diesel engines are pretty much silent ones but with Figo it can be an exception.
R
My observation also that there is more noise from the engine when you cold start and the noise level reduces after 10 minutes or so. Also the noise level inside cabin is bit in higher side when the car runs in lower gears.

I have done 1000 KM in my Figo TDCi so far, and the engine smooth level increased after around 700 KMs.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 18:20   #4799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

I was driving the diesel for the first time and managed to stall the engine twice in 8 pm traffic but the drive was smooth till I got off the car with engine running after parking at my colleagues stilt parking. The diesel engine sound was unbearable, is the Figo engine that noisy? I thought these days the diesel engines are pretty much silent ones but with Figo it can be an exception. I also felt the low end torque was not that great but once the speed crossed 50, the engine was literally begging for more. ...

I think you noticed the diesel sound because you have never driven a diesel before. It happened to me too.

Figo is one of the most silent diesels around - my friend's innova makes way more noise and so do Ritz/Swift and all other MJD cars. I don't know about new Logans but old ones make more noise too.

Another time you'll notice the diesel sound is when you are in a (relatively) enclosed space - the sound is reflected back. Also at idling diesels make more clatter sound than when actually on load - low speed + low gear also doesn't put much load on the engine hence the sound in low gears too. And every time you floor the pedal you'll hear the diesel sound, except in 4th and 5th gears at high speeds going up an incline etc. - because in high gear + high speed the engine will be properly loaded.

The diesel clatter is actually (mostly) the sound of the engine knocking OR begging for air (in case you are flooring the pedal while still in the turbolag region - below 1500rpm for Figo).
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 19:54   #4800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
My observation also that there is more noise from the engine when you cold start and the noise level reduces after 10 minutes or so. Also the noise level inside cabin is bit in higher side when the car runs in lower gears.

I have done 1000 KM in my Figo TDCi so far, and the engine smooth level increased after around 700 KMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I think you noticed the diesel sound because you have never driven a diesel before. It happened to me too.

Figo is one of the most silent diesels around - my friend's innova makes way more noise and so do Ritz/Swift and all other MJD cars. I don't know about new Logans but old ones make more noise too.

Another time you'll notice the diesel sound is when you are in a (relatively) enclosed space - the sound is reflected back. Also at idling diesels make more clatter sound than when actually on load - low speed + low gear also doesn't put much load on the engine hence the sound in low gears too. And every time you floor the pedal you'll hear the diesel sound, except in 4th and 5th gears at high speeds going up an incline etc. - because in high gear + high speed the engine will be properly loaded.

The diesel clatter is actually (mostly) the sound of the engine knocking OR begging for air (in case you are flooring the pedal while still in the turbolag region - below 1500rpm for Figo).
You guys are right, the noise is more pronounced in enclosed spaces. In my case it was the parking slot of my colleague when i parked the car and got out to check the rear. Although I did not hear the noise when inside the car and the engine felt very quite. At what rpms does the turbo kick in?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks