Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 11:35   #4711
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Thank you guys. I will leave it as is. Much appreciate the quick response. Glad to know many Figo family members here.
Is the card made of plastic?
Will it melt while running, or when parked under hot sun.
Remember the metal will reach 70* when parked in the sun.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:49   #4712
BHPian

The card is made of plastic. Not sure if the place it got stuck (between the driver/passenger footwell and the 'firewall(?)' will heat up that much, I mean, it is hidden from direct sunlight even if the vehicle is parked in the sun, AND, its (hopefully) behind the shielding of the engine. More expert opinions welcome.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:30   #4713
BHPian

Need some inputs for the repair on my figo's damage due to this incident -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2412680

Ford A.S.S has quoted approx 5k for tinkering and repainting, and 14k for hatch door replacement.
I am not getting it done from insurance now, since I will be renewing my policy next week, which be in effect from 23rd of this month.

I also got quote of 2.5k from both sai colorium and sejal motors, which have got good reviews in the team-bhp directory. fortunately, one of them is very near to my home, and the other is very near to my office!

I am now in a dilemma whether to go with ford A.S.S or the private workshops, purely on the basis of quality of work.
I guess there wont be much difference between getting it done myself and claiming insurance(paying part of it) and losing NCB.

After reading Captain's recent experience, I'm kind of thinking of getting it done at one of these workshops.

If i go with A.S.S, it would be cauvery ford , mysore since the SA there has told me he will handle all the insurance stuff with bajaj, there might be some complications because of the touch up I have got done already.

What would you guys suggest?
Old 6th July 2011, 17:13   #4714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

Ford A.S.S has quoted approx 5k for tinkering and repainting, and 14k for hatch door replacement.
I am not getting it done from insurance now, since I will be renewing my policy next week, which be in effect from 23rd of this month.

I also got quote of 2.5k from both sai colorium and sejal motors, which have got good reviews in the team-bhp directory. fortunately, one of them is very near to my home, and the other is very near to my office!

I am now in a dilemma whether to go with ford A.S.S or the private workshops, purely on the basis of quality of work.
I guess there wont be much difference between getting it done myself and claiming insurance(paying part of it) and losing NCB.

Is the 2.5k quote for everything or are you saying your NCB is over 14k? If not then getting it done via insurance is the best way to go about it.

Even if you do save 2k-4k in NCB, hatch door fully replaced will probably be better (from your earlier post: "The bigger one looks like its almost caused a hole! so not sure if just tinkering would work on it?")

Last edited by vina : 6th July 2011 at 17:19.
Old 6th July 2011, 17:39   #4715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

After reading Captain's recent experience, I'm kind of thinking of getting it done at one of these workshops.

If i go with A.S.S, it would be cauvery ford , mysore since the SA there has told me he will handle all the insurance stuff with bajaj, there might be some complications because of the touch up I have got done already.

What would you guys suggest?

Do not go for Hatch Door replacement. Because Hatch door has to be repainted at the A.S.S itself and I have no faith on Service Center's repainting and alignment. I had huge issues when I got my Hatch Door replaced.

If I were you I would get those done from outside. Repairing those damages should be the daily bread and butter job for those guys.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 18:52   #4716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Is the 2.5k quote for everything or are you saying your NCB is over 14k? If not then getting it done via insurance is the best way to go about it.

Even if you do save 2k-4k in NCB, hatch door fully replaced will probably be better (from your earlier post: "The bigger one looks like its almost caused a hole! so not sure if just tinkering would work on it?")
2.5k is quote from private workshops for tinkering + repainting door.
14k is quote from A.S.S if I go for full door replacement.
5k is quote from A.S.S if I go for tinkering + repainting

And the workshop guys and the A.S.S guys are confident that tinkering will work on both the dents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Do not go for Hatch Door replacement. Because Hatch door has to be repainted at the A.S.S itself and I have no faith on Service Center's repainting and alignment. I had huge issues when I got my Hatch Door replaced.

If I were you I would get those done from outside. Repairing those damages should be the daily bread and butter job for those guys.
Spot on anil Thats exactly what I was worried about as well.
But was also wondering if the workshop guys would do the alignment work properly. As you say, they will be experts with the body shop work, but refitting and alignment worries me. Don't want all those haunting squeaks to come back you know! and have also read about the problems with the door lock mechanism!
Infact, I already have a problem with my rear wiper after the incident. It makes a grrrr noise during alternate rotations.
Thats where the dilemma kicked in!
Old 6th July 2011, 18:59   #4717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But was also wondering if the workshop guys would do the alignment work properly. As you say, they will be experts with the body shop work, but refitting and alignment worries me. Don't want all those haunting squeaks to come back you know! and have also read about the problems with the door lock mechanism!
Infact, I already have a problem with my rear wiper after the incident. It makes a grrrr noise during alternate rotations.

You can take your chances with independent garage guys, because these guys are generally experienced. For me the new hatch door came without some sealants responsible for draining of water through the door. The geniuses at A.S.S forgot to put that and they never bothered to align the door (door aligning should be done if door is removed and anyone can do it).

It took me a whole lot of visits to the A.S.S to fix the leaking water into the boot. It is a different thing that they compensated me by re-painting scratches on rear wheel arc.

Wiper noises may not be related to the accident. Even my wiper blades shudder. If there is not enough rain or if there is a lot of oil/dust deposits on glass this could happen.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 02:02   #4718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
14k is quote from A.S.S if I go for full door replacement.

And the workshop guys and the A.S.S guys are confident that tinkering will work on both the dents.

How much for the repainting? Another 2,500? So thats 5,000 already from your pocket.

Quote:
How much is the A.S.S asking for repainting? If there is no parts replacement then can claim insurance, You wont lose much even if you make a claim now. Both will work out to be the same as your NCB.

Claim insurance and ask the A.S.S to repair the bot lid don't opt for a replacement.
Old 7th July 2011, 07:41   #4719
Senior - BHPian

@figo_united; Get it done at a reputed paint shop. Dot worry about the colour match. The red is not a metallic colour and matching the colour is not a difficult job. Just ask them to use some good brand paint. If it costs Rs.500 extra for getting the best brands i think it would be worth it. You can check my thread for the damage to the rear part (bumper+fender) and the repair done. I paid Rs.5000/- and i'm 100% sure Ford A.S.S would have quoted anything above 15K.

The colour matching issue occurs mostly with metallic colours for cars that are older. The colour on the car would have faded while the new paint would be more bright. On your Red Figo. Anyone who knows his painting job well would able to do a perfect job. So over the week just visit them and see a few of their jobs. I'm sure you would be worry free.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 12:01   #4720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You can take your chances with independent garage guys, because these guys are generally experienced. For me the new hatch door came without some sealants responsible for draining of water through the door. The geniuses at A.S.S forgot to put that and they never bothered to align the door (door aligning should be done if door is removed and anyone can do it).
Wiper noises may not be related to the accident. Even my wiper blades shudder. If there is not enough rain or if there is a lot of oil/dust deposits on glass this could happen.
Thanks anil, shall get it done at the workshop only then.
Regarding the wiper, I tried in very heavy rain too, and still observed the issue. Will get it checked during my next visit to A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
How much for the repainting? Another 2,500? So thats 5,000 already from your pocket.

How much is the A.S.S asking for repainting? If there is no parts replacement then can claim insurance, You wont lose much even if you make a claim now. Both will work out to be the same as your NCB.
Captain, both the quotes are including the repainting.
tinkering + full door repainting = 2.5k at workshop and 5k at A.S.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
@figo_united; Get it done at a reputed paint shop. Dot worry about the colour match. The red is not a metallic colour and matching the colour is not a difficult job. Just ask them to use some good brand paint. If it costs Rs.500 extra for getting the best brands i think it would be worth it. You can check my thread for the damage to the rear part (bumper+fender) and the repair done. I paid Rs.5000/- and i'm 100% sure Ford A.S.S would have quoted anything above 15K.
Thanks a lot gemi. Shall get it done outside only.
If you can help me out with a couple of paint brands as well ,nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The colour matching issue occurs mostly with metallic colours for cars that are older. The colour on the car would have faded while the new paint would be more bright. On your Red Figo. Anyone who knows his painting job well would able to do a perfect job.
This is exactly what Suresh at Sejal motors had told as well, now I am convinced
Old 7th July 2011, 14:47   #4721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Not sure if this has been posted before.

Accessories price list from the Ford website.
Hi all, i've booked my TDCi Titanium .. and here's the post with details:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post2420190

I am not able to find the accessories price list on the Ford India website. Can someone share the link pls? The hard-copy list that i got from the dealer has no mention of Club pack .. and there is huge price difference when compared to the pdf that Brix has provided. (Ex: parking sensor price =2500/- instead of 1996/-).

Are there any insurance policies that cover damage due to rodents/ pests?
Old 7th July 2011, 23:50   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united
This is exactly what Suresh at Sejal motors had told as well, now I am convinced
Rs 2,500 seems very reasonable and what Suresh told you makes perfect sense. Get the car repaired with these guys and let us know .

Figo_united When I was at ford A.S bodyshop the paint brand they use is Dupont. So you could insist that the same brand be used on your car even if it costs you Rs500 more. You get what you pay for.
Old 7th July 2011, 23:57   #4723
Team-BHP Support

phot'u' time :D

Can't help, but share a few pictures, would help in breaking the monotony of the thread too
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-1.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-2.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-3.jpg  

Old 7th July 2011, 23:57   #4724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Rs 2,500 seems very reasonable and what Suresh told you makes perfect sense. Get the car repaired with these guys and let us know .

Figo_united When I was at ford A.S bodyshop the paint brand they use is Dupont. So you could insist that the same brand be used on your car even if it costs you Rs500 more. You get what you pay for.
Thanks for the paint brand Captain
I will be leaving the car at Sejal Motors on monday.
Shall update after that.
Old 8th July 2011, 11:15   #4725
Senior - BHPian

In another threat by Tanveer, the bloke nonchalantly mentioned that the Figo D cannot just accelerate from 70 in fifth gear. Isn't it a bit too strange? I just tested mine today and it was just running and how! I did not want to comment on the other thread, but just wanted to ask, is the acceleration what I felt too less or what? It was hardly matter of a few seconds to reach 110 from 70. I maintained 70 in fifth gear for sometime just to make sure.

Also, I accelerated to 70 from mid 30s and shifted to fifth at 70 and it took much lesser time to reach 100. Are other cars more powerful? Am I being too optimistic about Figo D's acceleration?

Most Viewed