Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 11:18   #4591
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Took the delivery of my Ford Figo Diesel Titanium last week. Posted the details in the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ond-white.html

Team-Bhp is the main source of information during my search and taking the decision. Thanks to all for the guidance and clarifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Thanks for the input. I am planning to check further options on Insurance. Also will check to get the price reduced for alloys with the dealer. Not going for USB also could be a option now, anyhow the mobile phone can be used for media streaming with the help of Bluetooth.

I am targeting 6.5 L with Alloy and Fog lamps added. Hopefully will finalize the deal in a week and will post in detail with the experience.

Last edited by r_devakumar : 20th June 2011 at 11:28.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:22   #4592
Senior - BHPian

About under-body treatment, I've noticed that it is more useful to reduce the cabin noise. Sound of small pebbles and sand being thrown up by the tires is deadened. But you should remember to get your wheel wells treated too.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:46   #4593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
And it works better if you engage reverse from 1st gear.
And the manual also says you need to be idle for atleast 3 secs.

This is happening even when I start from cold e.g. in a parking.

The stick goes right and back and stays there but the gear doesn't engage. It makes a faint sound (with windows rolled down in an enclosed space easy to hear - otherwise have to strain the ears)

The last 5-8mm of the stick travel do not complete, that has to be done carefully.

Just let me know if this is normal, if it is then I'll raise it at the first service (still a month and a half away) otherwise I'll have to call the service guys immediately.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:49   #4594
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
This is happening even when I start from cold e.g. in a parking.
This is happening because you are turning the key and in less than 3 seconds after that you are engaging the reverse gear. Try n wait more than 3 secs to engage the reverse gear and it would not happens.

Yes it is a safety measure and the stick does go behind and stay there and the car des not move, rather it makes a creaky noise. Right? If this is the case then its normal. Just wait for more than 3 secs before engaging the reverse gear and yes release the handbrake prior to engaging the reverse.
Old 20th June 2011, 11:57   #4595
Senior - BHPian

My Car went through a Major Break Down yesterday. on the 19th June at aroun 0015 the Timming belt snapped. i was surprised and shocked. This happened on the NH8 near the Radison Hotel.

To add to further disappoint ment the car has just done 10025 KM at the time of breakdown,Was unable to get through to the Ford Emeregency service number for 1 hour. and after i got through they asked for 1200 RS for towing service. They told me that the free assistance is limited to the city where i bought the car only(which is not mentioned any were).
Old 20th June 2011, 12:02   #4596
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is perfectly normal while engaging reverse. I figured it out in the first week of ownership.

Simple solution - turn on your engine, then put on your seat belt. Then put the vehicle in gear. You won't ever face that reverse engaging issue again
Old 20th June 2011, 12:06   #4597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
This is happening because you are turning the key and in less than 3 seconds after that you are engaging the reverse gear. Try n wait more than 3 secs to engage the reverse gear and it would not happens.

Yes it is a safety measure and the stick does go behind and stay there and the car des not move, rather it makes a creaky noise. Right? If this is the case then its normal. Just wait for more than 3 secs before engaging the reverse gear and yes release the handbrake prior to engaging the reverse.

Thanks Mustang and everyone else, the problem is exactly as you described (creaking noise etc.)

Following a recommendation you gave some time ago, I usually let the engine idle for about 15-30seconds in case of a cold start (and let it idle about 30-40 seconds before turning ignition off after a drive)- so the 3 second thing may not apply - I'll check and get back.

However I don't usually remove the handbrake before engaging the gear - is that definitely a factor? In that case that's what is going on.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:28   #4598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
part number: BS691370HA
part name: PAD SIDE COVER
COST: Rs. 3.1 per piece
I called Lathangi ford and they have this and will do it for free! Will update once i get it done today.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:34   #4599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
However I don't usually remove the handbrake before engaging the gear - is that definitely a factor? In that case that's what is going on.
Handbrake on or off hasn't made any difference to me so far.
Old 20th June 2011, 13:59   #4600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
My Car went through a Major Break Down yesterday. on the 19th June at aroun 0015 the Timming belt snapped. i was surprised and shocked. This happened on the NH8 near the Radison Hotel.

To add to further disappoint ment the car has just done 10025 KM at the time of breakdown,Was unable to get through to the Ford Emeregency service number for 1 hour. and after i got through they asked for 1200 RS for towing service. They told me that the free assistance is limited to the city where i bought the car only(which is not mentioned any were).
I was in the same situation within a week of purchase! details here

I always thought i'm under RSA cover, and when I ran into trouble and called them up for the vehicle to be towed, I was told its not applicable for me since I purchased the car in mysore. It was such a shocking surprise
The sales guy never mentioned this before buying, inspite of me inquiring details of RSA specifically! I was weighing options of buying in bangalore/mysore, and If I knew about this, I'm sure I would have bought the car in bangalore!
After a lot of argument with the service manager, he agreed to get the towing charge reimbursed, but I am yet to receive that money, even after 10 months!

Last edited by figo_united : 20th June 2011 at 14:00. Reason: including link
Old 20th June 2011, 14:30   #4601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post

Quit surprising to see timing belt failing at 10K km, definitely it seems that the timing belts had some manufacturing fault. Is Ford covering this under warranty ?
Old 20th June 2011, 14:58   #4602
Senior - BHPian

Yes indeed it is. i talked to my uncle (MAMA) yesterday, and talked about the issue. he was surprised and told me that even in Tractors and Jeeps (This is what they deal with) they dont see such things, but again he mentioned because of a manufacturing defect it may happen so nothing to worry about.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:03   #4603
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I have made a habit of waiting atleast 2 to 3 min before I move the car. This helps all the oil/coolant, bearings/cam to settle and the engine attains a normal rhythm and beat.
I start the engine with pressed clutch and release and then wait for 2 to 3 min. Did not face any problem in gear engagement.
Car becomes normal after 5 to 10 kms of drive and the engine reaches its optimum working temp.

@desideep - Sorry to hear. But timing belt snapping is really a serious thing in a new car. Has Ford really done complete integration testing of its components at all conditions.

Last edited by RGK : 20th June 2011 at 17:08.
Old 21st June 2011, 00:40   #4604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post

And my 40 rupees cable is working GOOD.
For USB pinout use the Figo Stereo manual (picture below) and the page here:
USB pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru

Kingston 8Gb works for me, will test with HP 8 and 16 Gb and update soon.
Gharika, Can you give me width of the connectors used on HU unit side for cable ?

What is file system format for 8GB pen drive ? is it Fat or NTFS. I read some where that Pen drives with NTFS file system cause some access problems for song files.
Old 21st June 2011, 01:44   #4605
Senior - BHPian

Guys

I tried tank full to tank full mathod - 525km since last tank full, and this time 37ltrs of fuel went in.

This gives FE slightly north of 14kmpl for my 1000km old Figo TDCi. The car does a lot of time in Hyderabad jams and runs in 1-2-3 gear over 50% of the time. I usually keep the AC blower on "1" and AC cooling on very low (but AC is on almost always).

Is this normal (and also is the method above correct)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks