Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 08:07   #4561
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Check the engine oil level, it should not be more than the maximum.

Interesting. How does having more engine oil hurt the FE?
Old 16th June 2011, 09:41   #4562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Has any one tried to get Projectors on their fors figo?
That's one thing Iam looking forward to...
The stock headlamps are ok for city but not for highways.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:38   #4563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Interesting. How does having more engine oil hurt the FE?
excess oil means more resistance for pistons and may even break them. Sometimes the Oil may also get into the combustion chamber which is BAD. So the first sign of all these bad things is low FE as there is a tremendous loss of efficiency.
Old 16th June 2011, 11:48   #4564
RGK
Senior - BHPian

I feel IOCL suits my Figo and has returned best figures so far. Not yet tried with any other fuel stations. One of my friend says, there wont be much difference of mileage across all genuine dealers.

As per manual the oil consumption will be more till 5 to 7k kms.

@ anil - Have uploaded the fuel cap snaps in my thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2393743

@ramharis - Normal headlights can be used for 80k driving or less than that. High speed driving with this head light power may prove fatal or the driver should have an eagle eye.

Last edited by RGK : 16th June 2011 at 11:50.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:59   #4565
Senior - BHPian

Just received a call from Ford chennai, they have agreed to compensate my visits to service center for solving squeaks with a free 20K service.

Now this is why I kind of love these guys. Though my car has a few niggles Ford always has been responsive(though they took their own sweet time) and intending to help(though there were a few frustrating experiences). I couldn't have done anything if they rejected my request to be compensated, but they duly complied. Thumbs up ford!

And thanks to RGK It is because of him I got this idea to ask for compensation.
Old 16th June 2011, 15:19   #4566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Just received a call from Ford chennai, they have agreed to compensate my visits to service center for solving squeaks with a free 20K service.

Now this is why I kind of love these guys. Though my car has a few niggles Ford always has been responsive(though they took their own sweet time) and intending to help(though there were a few frustrating experiences). I couldn't have done anything if they rejected my request to be compensated, but they duly complied. Thumbs up ford!

Wow that is great news! Well done ford!
But they can now expect a flurry of calls asking for this , and they might stop doing it
Old 16th June 2011, 15:34   #4567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
But they can now expect a flurry of calls asking for this , and they might stop doing it
Well it depends, I genuinely made a lot of visits to the service center and even applied for a leave only for getting this solved! The rest is left to discretion :P
Old 16th June 2011, 15:49   #4568
BHPian

Quote:
Well it depends, I genuinely made a lot of visits to the service center and even applied for a leave only for getting this solved! The rest is left to discretion :P
Didn't mean to say you didn't deserve it anil!
Just thought many people might have gone through something like this and might try!

for that matter, Even I have tweaked my mysore-bangalore travel plans many times because of visiting A.S.S in mysore only. I have worked from home many times[although I told them I took leave] for getting some issues fixed. Have had to leave my car in mysore and travel back in train too.
but my 20k service is already done and I anyway don't expect ford to dish out such an offer to anyone and everyone who asks for it.

And for the record, I am not going to ask for it, FOR NOW! and hope I never have to!
Old 16th June 2011, 15:53   #4569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didn't mean to say you didn't deserve it anil!
Just thought many people might have gone through something like this and might try!
Hey, I got your intent right. And you are right, but I just wanted to inform other customers, thought holding it back is too selfish, because me myself got the idea from someone else.

Happy miles!!
Old 16th June 2011, 15:58   #4570
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I got your intent right. And you are right, but I just wanted to inform other customers, thought holding it back is too selfish, because me myself got the idea from someone else.

Happy miles!!
Cheers for sharing it on the forum

PS : make sure they don't skip anything during the service since you are getting it for free!
Old 16th June 2011, 17:27   #4571
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Welcome Anil. The frustration was huge for me, because this was my first new car purchase. I was not at all for any new car, but took the decision as new cars will be trouble free atleast for the 1st three years if maintained regularly as per the Service Schedule. Unfortunately it was not the case for me.

As said, Ford's response is good but delayed. They do not want anyone to leave unattended. Maximum we may save around Rs1500/, but this shows some committment from Ford side. Well done Ford. I think the labour charges would be free during your 20k service as 10k service.

Quote:
for that matter, Even I have tweaked my mysore-bangalore travel plans many times because of visiting A.S.S in mysore only. I have worked from home many times[although I told them I took leave] for getting some issues fixed. Have had to leave my car in mysore and travel back in train too. but my 20k service is already done and I anyway don't expect ford to dish out such an offer to anyone and everyone who asks for it.
And for the record, I am not going to ask for it, FOR NOW! and hope I never have to!
Absolutely. You need to change your daily schedules for this irritating visits to the SC. Need to say something to your higherups etc.. etc. Infact no customer wants anything free from Ford except a trouble free ownership.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2011, 00:02   #4572
BHPian

Guys I got the fix done for the rear window rolling down. I had previously mentioned that it was a clip. I am sorry I have to retract from that statement and say it is just a tape that would be inserted behind the window channel which would narrow the channel and partially jam the window. It would be near the quarter glass side.. The TSB also includes the fix where the window winders which would be fixed to turn upwards so that it does not wind down when passengers accidentally nudge the winders.

I have attached a crude picture explaining the same because I Could not take good pictures of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-window-tsb.jpg  

Old 17th June 2011, 02:37   #4573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
it is just a tape that would be inserted behind the window channel which would narrow the channel and partially jam the window. It would be near the quarter glass side.
Figo_Mba whether it needs extra effort while rolling up and down ?

Since the tape which narrowed the channel will increase friction hence it may need to extra force to move. Thats why glass will not roll down automatically.

How do feel while rolling up and down ?
Old 17th June 2011, 09:38   #4574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
Figo_Mba whether it needs extra effort while rolling up and down ?

Since the tape which narrowed the channel will increase friction hence it may need to extra force to move. Thats why glass will not roll down automatically.

How do feel while rolling up and down ?
Welcome to team bhp whitelion and I see this is your first post. Good to see you are taking active interest.

The tape is a 2mm FLEXI tape. There is no extra effort required while manually rolling down or up.
It can only block the window from rolling down owing to its own weight (gravity). And you need to fix the window winder perpendicular so that accidental nudging is also avoided.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:24   #4575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Welcome to team bhp whitelion and I see this is your first post. Good to see you are taking active interest.

The tape is a 2mm FLEXI tape. There is no extra effort required while manually rolling down or up.
It can only block the window from rolling down owing to its own weight (gravity). And you need to fix the window winder perpendicular so that accidental nudging is also avoided.
whats the cost of getting this done? will the dealership do it free?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks