Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 21:10   #4546
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
"clip on the window" how does that work? or did I miss the joke?
No boss; there is a fix available; i do not have a word for that (clip is what i thought fit best); Was my post so dramatic ?
Old 14th June 2011, 22:10   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
No boss; there is a fix available; i do not have a word for that (clip is what i thought fit best); Was my post so dramatic ?

Well my imagination started running wild (imagine the window glass suspended from the roof with a cloth-hangar clip and you'll know what I mean ) - couldn't understand whether that was the case or you were making fun of Ford.

what exactly is this problem (I mean why does the window roll down on its own) and how does this "clip" mechanism solve it?
Old 15th June 2011, 01:28   #4548
BHPian

Quote:
There is a fix available for this problem now. The fix is a clip on the window that will hold the window pane from rolling down.
THE BEST PART IS
It is available (if reported)in the ford service right now. Go get it

So it is no more an unsolved niggle.

Cheers
Hi figo_mba,
Has it been installed on your car? Any pictures that you can provide? Just want to see if it sticks out like a sore thumb or so

Quote:
what exactly is this problem (I mean why does the window roll down on its own) and how does this "clip" mechanism solve it?
Hi Vina,

The earlier batches of the Figo had a defect in it's rear window winder mechanism where the window rolled down gradually on its own as the car runs. Was a major irritant and Ford had released a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) to correct this issue. The solution according to the TSB was to alter the default winder position for the cars that came in reporting the problem. Apparently few cars still face the issue even after the TSB being carried out at the A.S.S. Hence the new "clip" solution which I'm yet to figure out what.
Old 15th June 2011, 09:05   #4549
Team-BHP Support

From what I have noticed in the past 6 months and approx 6,000 kms of ownership as far rolling of rear window is concerned - Until and unless someone isn't at the back, windows don't roll down.

I mean the rear occupant, unknowingly nudges the winder while getting in & out of the Car or while travelling & it rolls down by few mm's exposing it to elements.

I cross checked 'n' no. of times & I found the same result. (with & without rear occupants) Though shall cross check with SVC the next time I go to Siliguri which might happen next month.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th June 2011 at 09:09.
Old 15th June 2011, 09:50   #4550
BHPian

Cross posting from new car price check thread. Hope this is not completely OT .

Folks, I am planning to buy a Ford Figo Diesel in Delhi NCR area. Need to book in 2-3 days time. Spoke to 2 Ford dealers but not getting a clear picture on discounts. Can fellow members tell me what all possible discounts are available on Figo diesel (including corporate one's if any)?

What I am being told by dealers is that I will get number plates, floor mats and mud flaps for free. 3rd year extended warranty is also free if corporate is listed with Ford. No other discounts. Is this a fair deal?

Thanks in advance for reply.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:28   #4551
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post

Folks, I am planning to buy a Ford Figo Diesel in Delhi NCR area. Need to book in 2-3 days time. Spoke to 2 Ford dealers but not getting a clear picture on discounts. Can fellow members tell me what all possible discounts are available on Figo diesel (including corporate one's if any)?

What I am being told by dealers is that I will get number plates, floor mats and mud flaps for free. 3rd year extended warranty is also free if corporate is listed with Ford. No other discounts. Is this a fair deal?

Try to get underbody and paint protection also done up for free and then this would be a pretty fair deal.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 11:52   #4552
Senior - BHPian

Has any one tried to get Projectors on their fors figo?
Old 15th June 2011, 12:31   #4553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The monsoon is on full swing, so is my backseat wetting because of the window glass"mysteriously" sliding down. Another of Figo's unsolved niggles.
Yes i have noticed this since a few months. When you go on bad roads i have noticed that the rear windows roll down a few mm and trust me if you do not notice this there is more strain on the AC! I desperately want power windows
Old 15th June 2011, 12:52   #4554
Senior - BHPian

i have covered 9800 KM and its now 3 months and 4 days with the car. over all very happy. yesterday i had to go through some deep water were a BMW X5 was stalled i was very confused if i should be taking that route but the Baby ford was alrite
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 13:45   #4555
BHPian

+1 to this. I start smelling fumes at traffic signals - that is the indication for me that the windows have rolled down....need to find out more about this 'clips' solution. In the monsoon, this is terrible as the back seat gets wet.

Ford - please please please offer power windows atleast as an optional accessory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Yes i have noticed this since a few months. When you go on bad roads i have noticed that the rear windows roll down a few mm and trust me if you do not notice this there is more strain on the AC! I desperately want power windows
Old 15th June 2011, 14:12   #4556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi figo_mba,
Has it been installed on your car? Any pictures that you can provide? Just want to see if it sticks out like a sore thumb or so
Hi Vina,

The earlier batches of the Figo had a defect in it's rear window winder mechanism where the window rolled down gradually on its own as the car runs. Was a major irritant and Ford had released a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) to correct this issue. The solution according to the TSB was to alter the default winder position for the cars that came in reporting the problem. Apparently few cars still face the issue even after the TSB being carried out at the A.S.S. Hence the new "clip" solution which I'm yet to figure out what.
I have not installed it in my car yet. I had however done that previous TSB on winders to correct this issue. So now even if i ride through pretty bad roads also the winder stay at its position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
From what I have noticed in the past 6 months and approx 6,000 kms of ownership as far rolling of rear window is concerned - Until and unless someone isn't at the back, windows don't roll down.

I mean the rear occupant, unknowingly nudges the winder while getting in & out of the Car or while travelling & it rolls down by few mm's exposing it to elements.

I cross checked 'n' no. of times & I found the same result. (with & without rear occupants) Though shall cross check with SVC the next time I go to Siliguri which might happen next month.
I had the problem of winder coming down but never since the TSB. Now they are providing a clip in the window channel on the top which will neatly lock the window pane from going down and will not be much visible from the outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Even i could use power windows but AC was working fine and was not affecting the mileage much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i have covered 9800 KM and its now 3 months and 4 days with the car. over all very happy. yesterday i had to go through some deep water were a BMW X5 was stalled i was very confused if i should be taking that route but the Baby ford was alrite
Thats cool..... But X5 ??? really ? you should have taken a photo of that stalled X5 and figo side by side. would have been hell of a pic...
Figo can wade through 200mm of water but that is it. i thought X5 could do better than that. or was the X5 stuck due to some other concern ?
Old 15th June 2011, 15:12   #4557
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post

My colleague is going to book Figo Titanium Diesel at Bhavana Ford, Navi Mumbai and they have offered the above discounts with Anti corrosion paint as said by Mustang.
Figo was given Free insurance during last december to push 2010 models.

The rear windows come down gradually even the lever is kept at the recommended position as per the TSB. Bit eager to see the clip solution.

As monsoon is in full swing across the country, how is the quality of headlights in the newer batch of vehicles. I see some complaints in other sites. One of the customer has written to Ford asking the MD to drive the vehicle on a rainy night.

@Anil - Will try to post the fuel cap position tomorrow.

Last edited by RGK : 15th June 2011 at 15:14.
RGK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 22:49   #4558
BHPian

Quote:
There is a fix available for this problem now. The fix is a clip on the window that will hold the window pane from rolling down.
THE BEST PART IS
It is available (if reported)in the ford service right now. Go get it

So it is no more an unsolved niggle.

Cheers
Glad to know there is a fix for the issue. This also means a trip to Mangalore (60kms) to me.

Quote:
"clip on the window" how does that work? or did I miss the joke?
"Clip on the window" ! Must be with a Ford logo. Blue oval clip . I would like to have that
Old 15th June 2011, 23:17   #4559
Team-BHP Support

I usually do not crib about fuel efficiency, but believe, a Figo D returning 13kmpl for the past 3 tankfuls is a bit extreme.

I earlier used to get 16kmpl in almost the same driving condition & style. (And never complained)

Shall get filter cleaned & air pressure looked into shortly and my fuel bunker is BP COCO, the most reputed, shall try to change the bunk this time (the nozzle that is)

Anything else?

BTW, the Car is close to 6,000kms on the odo.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th June 2011 at 23:25.
Old 16th June 2011, 06:09   #4560
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
I usually do not crib about fuel efficiency, but believe, a Figo D returning 13kmpl for the past 3 tankfuls is a bit extreme.

I earlier used to get 16kmpl in almost the same driving condition & style. (And never complained)

Anything else?

BTW, the Car is close to 6,000kms on the odo.
Check the engine oil level, it should not be more than the maximum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks