Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 23:25   #4531
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Please don't mistake me, but the Scorpio and the Verna are in much higher segments compared to the Figo and hence the quality of these cars cannot be compared. And the issues you are facing are not common to all Figos (at least I hope so) like the steering rattling problems and complaints in the Hyundai i10 and the i20. These are just my views and I'm not commenting about the faith you have in Ford Sir, its your personal opinion and I have no right to question you in this regard
Well, I know that the Verna and the Scorpio are in a different league & I am not comparing with them. What I meant was that I could have bought any one of those cars with the money I spent on my Titanium TDCI Figo! My previous car Santro which was far cheaper than the Figo started developing noise after it had run 94000kms!!! There were no troubles like these when the car was new!

My car is just 2 months old and I have visited the A.S.S (Metro Ford) multiple times and for the same issue. All the time I am told that my car is unique and no other Figo has these issues!! but here in this forum there are many like me! I hope now you understand me clear?
Old 13th June 2011, 11:47   #4532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
A few days back my car's bonnet hood release rod (the black stick which helps in releasing the latch) broke. Cheap quality plastics !

Went today to the dealership ...

What I believe is that the American company didn't want the bill to be in cents. Dollars is what they love.
Truly, Ford service is expensive.
For front Brakepad cleaning, they charged Rs. 725/- whereas locally it would have cost Rs. 100/-. And as a rule, spareparts are cheaper than the labor. And it's not like they have engineers doing the job, it's just uneducated, inexperienced boys. Only the service advisers seem to know something, but they never get their hands dirty.
And they refuse to sell the parts only which can be fitted outside.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:06   #4533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
For front Brakepad cleaning, they charged Rs. 725/- whereas locally it would have cost Rs. 100/-. And as a rule, spareparts are cheaper than the labor. And it's not like they have engineers doing the job, it's just uneducated, inexperienced boys. Only the service advisers seem to know something, but they never get their hands dirty.
I agree with your view that the SAs are not competant enough from my experience in Pune as well (Btw, the breakpad cleaning doesn't take Rs. 725/-, I think someone pointed out that the bill was mis-aligned and it was actually Rs. 100/- that you were charged? Maybe I misread!)

During second servicing, I told the SA that the car doesnot automatically lock after 45 seconds. There was this another Service Engineer who was listening to us told me that this was never a feature in Figo!!!
I told him that I was demo'ed this feature by your very own Sales guy while I was in the buying process.
Then my Service Engineer does some trial and error and tells me that if you are seating inside the car and do switch on and switch off once, then only after 45 seconds the car gets locked automatically, funny? For some reason, I was in a hurry that day and did not pay much attention to it.

Last week, I was reading the manual again and it mentions that if the engine is not turned on/off and doors are not operated, then the car should get locked automatically in 45 seconds after ignition turn off (Or may be door close, I dont remember exactly). This clearly shows how ill-informed the services engineers at Ford are!! I plan to take this up in my next (third) servicing as I cannot go to the dealer just for this one issue. Anyway, I have got an habit of locking the car immediately after I leave it!

Last edited by Figopian : 13th June 2011 at 12:07.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:14   #4534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Last week, I was reading the manual again and it mentions that if the engine is not turned on/off and doors are not operated, then the car should get locked automatically in 45 seconds after ignition turn off (Or may be door close, I dont remember exactly). This clearly shows how ill-informed the services engineers at Ford are!! I plan to take this up in my next (third) servicing as I cannot go to the dealer just for this one issue.
What I have seen is that when the car is locked from outside, and then you unlock it and dont open the doors for 45 seconds, it gets locked automatically.
Not sure if it is supposed to lock automatically when you stop your car, turn off the engine, and walk away without locking it.

Quote:
Anyway, I have got an habit of locking the car immediately after I leave it!
Shouldn't you be doing it every time, irrespective of the feature availability?
Old 13th June 2011, 12:15   #4535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Hey, you read your bill wrong. 725 were service charges, you were charged 150 for brake pads cleaning have a look
Old 13th June 2011, 12:19   #4536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

Shouldn't you be doing it every time, irrespective of the feature availability?
Absolutely
But then this was advertised as a safety feature, in case you forget, then it will lock it on its own.
Old 13th June 2011, 12:32   #4537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely
But then this was advertised as a safety feature, in case you forget, then it will lock it on its own.
Will this be the case even if the key is still in there?
Old 13th June 2011, 12:33   #4538
BHPian

Quote:
What I have seen is that when the car is locked from outside, and then you unlock it and dont open the doors for 45 seconds, it gets locked automatically.
Not sure if it is supposed to lock automatically when you stop your car, turn off the engine, and walk away without locking it.
You are right. If you accidentally pres the open button (when the car is in locked condition) and if no door is opened for 45 sec, the doors lock automatically. But if you forget to lock the car, there is no way to lock it automatically after 45 sec.

Again I am surprised at the discussions on Ford service charges without even knowing the actual charges. This thread (the official review thread) is used by many new buyers to decide and let's take a bit more care while voicing our opinions.
Old 13th June 2011, 15:33   #4539
BHPian

Something unique has happened today.

Today i went for a Diesel underbody wash (mainly to see if there are any loose parts which is causing the sound), but everything seemed to be OK. The service guy told that the exhaust pipe is a bit loose but no noise after shaking it.

After washing the car, found that the sound has gone.

Is there any reason for this? or will the sound return!

I have cancelled the appointment with Ford A.S.S. Will drive for another week or 10K service is fast approaching.
Old 13th June 2011, 16:31   #4540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
Something unique has happened today.

Today i went for a Diesel underbody wash (mainly to see if there are any loose parts which is causing the sound), but everything seemed to be OK. The service guy told that the exhaust pipe is a bit loose but no noise after shaking it.

After washing the car, found that the sound has gone.

Is there any reason for this? or will the sound return!

I have cancelled the appointment with Ford A.S.S. Will drive for another week or 10K service is fast approaching.
I have always advised people here against taking the cars to the a.s.s for minor irritants. Almost 90% of the minor sounds take care of themselves in the short term future. Just wonder what would have happened if they had opened up your suspension and steering box for this sound, that too minus the waranty!!!
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 18:06   #4541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have always advised people here against taking the cars to the a.s.s for minor irritants. Almost 90% of the minor sounds take care of themselves in the short term future. Just wonder what would have happened if they had opened up your suspension and steering box for this sound, that too minus the waranty!!!
My wife is verbally kicking my b@II$ after reading your post.

She had told me exactly the same thing in spite of which i went to Ford service center.

Will keep this in mind for a long time.

Thanks.
Old 13th June 2011, 20:35   #4542
Senior - BHPian

can someone post their fuel cap in open position and its locking mechanism? My fuel cap's lock is not working and I really do not want to drive down to SC for this.
Old 14th June 2011, 19:58   #4543
BHPian

The monsoon is on full swing, so is my backseat wetting because of the window glass"mysteriously" sliding down. Another of Figo's unsolved niggles.
Old 14th June 2011, 20:02   #4544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
The monsoon is on full swing, so is my backseat wetting because of the window glass"mysteriously" sliding down. Another of Figo's unsolved niggles.
There is a fix available for this problem now. The fix is a clip on the window that will hold the window pane from rolling down.
THE BEST PART IS
It is available (if reported)in the ford service right now. Go get it

So it is no more an unsolved niggle.

Cheers

Last edited by figo_mba : 14th June 2011 at 20:05. Reason: small edit
Old 14th June 2011, 20:11   #4545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
There is a fix available for this problem now. The fix is a clip on the window that will hold the window pane from rolling down.
THE BEST PART IS
It is available (if reported)in the ford service right now. Go get it

So it is no more an unsolved niggle.

Cheers

"clip on the window" how does that work? or did I miss the joke?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks