Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 20:04   #4516
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
My Figo has developed an irritating sound.

While taking a left turn, there is a "khatt" sound coming from front end. Could not identify if it is suspension or steering box. The sound sometimes dissappears and then comes back. Drove the car in potholed roads, but there is no sound. Only in turnings & during lane changes.

Took the car to Kairali Ford. SA says it is because of Non OEM alloys & bigger tyres. Got an appointment for next Friday to open up the steering & suspension. No warranty so I may have to pay up for the spares if anything is replaced.

Anybody had similar issues?
How many kms you have done. Jayded has given some good suggestions.
Also check the driveshaft boot of both the front wheels. Check whether it has developed any cut/wear & tear. Since GC is lower the chances of boot getting damaged is relatively more. By anychance if mud gets inside the boot, driveshaft ball bearing is affected producing sound during a turn initially.

I checked the quality of the shaft boot in my car and found it was OK. My suggestion is just a precautionary advice. I think your tire size may be the problem. Also the plastic fender lining may be loose. It became very loose in my car and also some of the screws are missing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
After my Figo spent 3 days in the Metro Ford service station!, I was hoping that those irritating rear noise, dashboard noise, etc would not resurface! Sad but all the issues have resurfaced!! I do not know what to do!!
Very sorry to hear vinboy. Yesterday got a call from London !!! call centre of Ford (The executive told that he was calling from london and the no started with 40) to know about the service and quality of the vehicle. I replied, " please inform Ford to do something to arrest squeaks/noises and improve GC".
I feel only Ford can help you. Seems SC is doing some trial and error job in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
A few days back my car's bonnet hood release rod (the black stick which helps in releasing the latch) broke. Cheap quality plastics !

Went today to the dealership and got the hood release rod (black plastic thing to open the bonnet) replaced.

Hood release rod: Rs. 28.05 + 3.51 Tax (Acceptable price and I really appreciate that such small but useful parts are available and the company doesn't want us to change the whole unit and charge exorbitant price)

But what nullified the whole pleasant experience was -->

Labor (Just to screw up one nut): Rs 54.60 + 5.62 Tax Now that's called LOOT !

Total: Rs 92/-

When I asked the General Manager about the astonishing labor charge, he smiled and said: Sir, dealership hai. Itna to minimum lagta hi hai.

According to me, the labor should have been nil or at max Rs 5 + 1 Tax.

Then total would have been Rs 38/- only.

What I believe is that the American company didn't want the bill to be in cents. Dollars is what they love.
Mine was broken at the day of delivery itself. Unfortunately my friend who took the delivery did not note that. The dealer used some iron wires and connected it and made it working. I got it changed under warranty.
The labour charge is exorbitant. I think you would have bought the spare and replaced in a local workshop.

I see lot of advertisements of Ford Figo in all Automobile websites even the sites are outside India. The site renders the Figo ad based on the geographical location i.e you get Figo ad if a user is from India. Ford is spending a good amount in promoting Figo based on its tremendous success.

At the sametime if Ford can spend more on R&D to get rid of GC and other minor problems, more owners would become happy and satisfied.

Last edited by RGK : 11th June 2011 at 20:06.
Old 11th June 2011, 20:21   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Aren't the labor prices same all over India? Or they wary from dealer to dealer? If they wary, then the dealer is to be blamed for such exorbitant pricing. If the prices are same, then the company is at fault since similar prices can only be there if the company sets the pricing.
I don't know about Ford, but the two Hyundai dealerships in my city have a small difference in this regard though
Old 11th June 2011, 22:22   #4518
BHPian

Thanks RGK.

I feel that the sound in my car is something more serious.

But tomorrow I will try to give it an underbody wash + visual checking + remove all knick knacks inside the car. But the slight vibration felt today has made me prepare for the worst.
Old 11th June 2011, 23:03   #4519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Very sorry to hear vinboy. Yesterday got a call from London !!! call centre of Ford (The executive told that he was calling from london and the no started with 40) to know about the service and quality of the vehicle. I replied, " please inform Ford to do something to arrest squeaks/noises and improve GC".
I feel only Ford can help you. Seems SC is doing some trial and error job in your case.
I have lost interest and faith in the quality standards of Ford! I feel I would have been in better off situation even if I had bought a used Scorpio or Verna instead!!
Old 12th June 2011, 12:50   #4520
BHPian

Anybody knows where we get the music system removal tool in bangalore?
if so, how much does it cost?
Or if anyone has made a DIY of the tool in bangalore, and willing to help me fit my DIY usb, please let me know
I have bought the USB extension cable and the connectors.
Old 12th June 2011, 12:56   #4521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinboy View Post
I have lost interest and faith in the quality standards of Ford! I feel I would have been in better off situation even if I had bought a used Scorpio or Verna instead!!
Please don't mistake me, but the Scorpio and the Verna are in much higher segments compared to the Figo and hence the quality of these cars cannot be compared. And the issues you are facing are not common to all Figos (at least I hope so) like the steering rattling problems and complaints in the Hyundai i10 and the i20. These are just my views and I'm not commenting about the faith you have in Ford Sir, its your personal opinion and I have no right to question you in this regard
Old 12th June 2011, 13:06   #4522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Anybody knows where we get the music system removal tool in bangalore?
if so, how much does it cost?
Or if anyone has made a DIY of the tool in bangalore, and willing to help me fit my DIY usb, please let me know
I have bought the USB extension cable and the connectors.
You should be able to source a set double DIN player removal tool from any of the good car accessories stores around. It's just a pair of L-shaped clamps. Or you can also go to the A.S.S. and ask them to remove the HU.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:41   #4523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
You should be able to source a set double DIN player removal tool from any of the good car accessories stores around. It's just a pair of L-shaped clamps. Or you can also go to the A.S.S. and ask them to remove the HU.
I wanted to know any specific shop where it is available. anyway, I shall try and check in nearby stores this week.
Going to A.S.S is an option, but they will start with all the gyan about warranty getting void So thought better to do it myself.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:49   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to know any specific shop where it is available. anyway, I shall try and check in nearby stores this week.
Going to A.S.S is an option, but they will start with all the gyan about warranty getting void So thought better to do it myself.

If you are into DIY anyway, here's something you can consider:

Pictures of Ford removal tool are plentyful on the internet, you can look at some of those. Next buy a couple of cheap Aluminum coat hangers, make note of the diameter of the holes on the music system on the Figo before you buy the hanger.

Cut the hanger into two, and you have two removal tools - you'll need to shape the edges of the tool (that is why you need the internet pictures) using a set of pliers and a file.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:53   #4525
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not from Bangalore, so not 100% sure, but heard Sachin's Autoshop at Koramangala is good for ICE stuff, so they should be having this tool or would be willing to install this one for you.
And about the warranty getting void, give them back a piece of your gyan too on how the warranty will NOT be affected by a simple cable like this Good luck with the install!
Old 12th June 2011, 13:57   #4526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm not from Bangalore, so not 100% sure, but heard Sachin's Autoshop at Koramangala is good for ICE stuff, so they should be having this tool or would be willing to install this one for you.
And about the warranty getting void, give them back a piece of your gyan too on how the warranty will NOT be affected by a simple cable like this Good luck with the install!

Gyan may not work - if you are using a DIY cable then the music system warranty will be void (unless the Service Center guys are kind enough to overlook) - and that means you must remove the DIY stuff before you go for service.

By the way, why don't you use the Bluetooth rather than bothering about teh USB at all? I have the songs on my phone and after sync up the systems plays directly from my phone memory.
Old 12th June 2011, 14:20   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
If you are into DIY anyway, here's something you can consider:

Pictures of Ford removal tool are plentyful on the internet, you can look at some of those. Next buy a couple of cheap Aluminum coat hangers, make note of the diameter of the holes on the music system on the Figo before you buy the hanger.

Cut the hanger into two, and you have two removal tools - you'll need to shape the edges of the tool (that is why you need the internet pictures) using a set of pliers and a file.
Yes, I am aware of this procedure. Had read kala posting about it here
But I was a bit lazy to do that, and thought I could get the tool instead
Thats why I also mentioned if anybody has made that tool and ready to help me, hope kala is reading this

I also saw this video on how to do it.

Quote:
Well, do you think giving back really works? I think its a waste of effort!

Quote:
Gyan may not work - if you are using a DIY cable then the music system warranty will be void (unless the Service Center guys are kind enough to overlook) - and that means you must remove the DIY stuff before you go for service.

By the way, why don't you use the Bluetooth rather than bothering about teh USB at all? I have the songs on my phone and after sync up the systems plays directly from my phone memory.
I have been using the excellent bluetooth itself for 10 months now.
now feel why not have the USB option too, and hence this DIY.
Old 12th June 2011, 14:39   #4528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been using the excellent bluetooth itself for 10 months now.
now feel why not have the USB option too, and hence this DIY.

that's the spirit

One question: where did you get the pins for the connector?
Old 12th June 2011, 15:06   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
that's the spirit

One question: where did you get the pins for the connector?
At SP road in bangalore. It is THE place to go for any electronic stuff!
Old 12th June 2011, 21:44   #4530
BHPian

I know the music discussion is going on but I would like to demo a small DIY i have done for my Figo. This is to protect the rubber tubing of the AC. This tubing is taken through the front and has all possibility to rub against the metal crash safety bar. I have covered it by a plastic sleeve and plastic ties.

The rubber duct(connecting two aluminium pipes)) just behind the bumper (For fiesta this is all aluminium).

In case of any hit to the bumper the bar behind the bumper might get dangerously close (or in contact) and then rub against the rubber hose(while car is in motion) and cause it to burst open one fine day. This would leak the refrigerant (gas) and render the wonderful AC useless.

So here I have used a thick plastic flexi pipe(picture below) ( as a sleeve) around the rubber tube to prevent it from happening. cut open the flexi-pipe (to make it a sleeve) and fastened it to the rubber hose with plastic cable ties(pic attached) (cable ties are the ones that you get when you buy stuff from big bazaar )

Just thought I can show the area, where to find the duct and again the materials that I have used.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ct6.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-64414_small.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20110606-18.13.58.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks