Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:32   #4471
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@anilisanil, Sorry, I have no access to a scanner. Am posting the break-up photo. BTW Rs. 600/- for the wiper blade and Rs. 150/- headlamp adjustment was done without consulting me. And Rs. 725/- for brake pad cleaning as there was noise seems absurd.
Have I been ripped off.
Yes of course. Your car is still under warranty and if there are any manufacturing defects they are to be replaced free of cost. And BTW you should have got wheels balanced in second free service.Ford service centers have a habit of missing this in second service and charging you in the third one.

Also, if something is done w/o your consultation then you need not pay for it. Though you may not get your money back you paid anything close to 600-1000 in excess. Try and fight to see if you can get something out of it, complaining to ford that they did not follow the service schedule (wheel balancing at second service) and charged you for brake pad noise etc. IMO you should get at least 500 rs back.
Old 3rd June 2011, 11:43   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
@anilisanil, Sorry, I have no access to a scanner. Am posting the break-up photo. BTW Rs. 600/- for the wiper blade and Rs. 150/- headlamp adjustment was done without consulting me. And Rs. 725/- for brake pad cleaning as there was noise seems absurd.
Have I been ripped off.
I see Only wiper blades are excess (Rs. 557), as well as Wheel alignment and balancing (Rs.627) could have been done out side tyre shop! You should have asked for headlamp alignment (Rs. 75) as part of warranty, which I think shouldn't be charged to you!.

Bill not aligned properly, Rs. 750 is Service charges not brake pad cleaning(Rs. 150).

However if your service manual says check break then the cleaning should not be separately charged. Its part of Rs. 750 service charges. I got this done for my fiesta during 1st paid (or 3rd service). What is charged in my case was cleaning solution/spray (Rs. 110). Also means you should not be charged for headlamp alignment (IIRC, Ford service checklist says headlamp alignment must be checked in all services) as this also covered as part of Service checklist! Ideally you should have cross checked with service manual (in your user manual) and verified if charges as per that.

Between did you ask for wiper & wheel alignments & headlamp alignment?

Last edited by RaguHolla : 3rd June 2011 at 11:49. Reason: Added service manual details!
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:48   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Can you post the bills please? 4200 is shocking :O what with all those loose parts rattling the car to death, I am really concerned!
Mine cost 4515
You can see the update with all the break up here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2346202
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:01   #4474
Team-BHP Support

Rs.1,200 is gone for Wheel alignment and wipers. And oil is 3.4litres not 4litres.

This bill ideally should not have been more than Rs.2,800.

Rs.1,500 for oil, oil filter and air filter and 1,300 for service and other labour work.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:07   #4475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Mine cost 4515
You can see the update with all the break up here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2346202
checked your bill, same thing for you. Your wheel alignment cost you much more than market rates. So others should be ware of their paid service!
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:32   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
checked your bill, same thing for you. Your wheel alignment cost you much more than market rates. So others should be ware of their paid service!
Yeah, I got to know later from gemi that I have been ripped off for wheel alignment/balancing
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:42   #4477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have I been ripped off.
Congrats. You have Just been ROBBED!!!. I think you should surely take it up with Ford India. They have a facebook page and they are quite fast in responding to complaints posted there. Even Bosh Wiper blades would cost only under Rs.350/-. There is nothing to adjust on the headlamps that could cost Rs.150/- and if you have got brake noise you should have got the brake pad changed under warranty rather than cleaning it at Rs.725. The dealer has robbed you. Your bill should have been under Rs.3500 at the MAX.
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:01   #4478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats. You have Just been ROBBED!!!. I think you should surely take it up with Ford India. They have a facebook page and they are quite fast in responding to complaints posted there. Even Bosh Wiper blades would cost only under Rs.350/-. There is nothing to adjust on the headlamps that could cost Rs.150/- and if you have got brake noise you should have got the brake pad changed under warranty rather than cleaning it at Rs.725. The dealer has robbed you. Your bill should have been under Rs.3500 at the MAX.
True!!

BTW the manual service schedule clearly states that the following are to be replaced:

1) engine oil
2) eo filter
3)gasket
4) air filter
5) brake fluid
6) clutch fluid
7)a/c cowl filter

I don't see 5, 6, 7 changed in wildsdi's case!
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:51   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
True!!

BTW the manual service schedule clearly states that the following are to be replaced:

1) engine oil
2) eo filter
3)gasket
4) air filter
5) brake fluid
6) clutch fluid
7)a/c cowl filter

I don't see 5, 6, 7 changed in wildsdi's case!
I did check with them about 5,6 during my 20k service.
I was told its actually not necessary, and can be done after 30k kms.
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:17   #4480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I did check with them about 5,6 during my 20k service.
I was told its actually not necessary, and can be done after 30k kms.
If I were doing 20K in 6 months (even otherwise) I would stick to the service schedule, if tomorrow something wrong happens Ford would directly say that you did not follow the service schedule. Also, it is good to follow manufacturer's advice rather than the SC's.
Old 4th June 2011, 00:23   #4481
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately I cannot fight with the Akshaya Ford guys as I have a Fusion and Fiesta also. Should I ask them to replace the brake fluid, clutch fluid and a/c cowl filter?
Old 4th June 2011, 12:04   #4482
Senior - BHPian

The Brake Fluid /Clutch Fluid was not change in my case too. The SE said that Figo/Fiesta/Fusion comes with synthetic oil in these containers and hence there is no need for replacement. The A.C cowl filter can be changed if you feel the blower is blocked.
Old 4th June 2011, 12:43   #4483
BHPian

IIRC, Break & Clutch fluids are topped up @ 20K service not replaced. You can always see levels of clutch and break fluids yourself, if its below min level take it to Ford dealer and top it up. Do not take SA word on this. Cowl filter is replaced at 1 year or 20K period!

Don't worry about Ford voiding the warranty as long as u took servicing at ford dealer they won't/can't do that. Only thing I suggest is you to make sure that you always get Invoice mentioning which service it was. Mean to say if its 20K, 3rd service let Invoice mention the same! I always find the dealers deliberately won't mention this. You have to insist.

@wildsdi5530 you don't need to fight with Dealer. Just write to Ford MD! Rest all settles on its own. You will know how effective this method is!

For Bangaloreans, Taking service from to Lathangi, the SA insist to change AC mesh filter! Be aware that Mesh filter never needs replacement (as per manual). This is just to inflate bill by Rs. 900 (reason mesh filter costs 600, 200+ for labor as this is not part of service!)
Old 5th June 2011, 23:48   #4484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
20K km service done. Was astounded to see a bill of Rs.4169.00. Is this the normal charge for the 3rd service? My Honda City service used to be cheaper. Guess Ford service is expensive after all.
I don't think Ford service as such is expensive. Only that the dealer has managed to squeeze something extra out of you. My 20K servicing was done lesser than Rs 3000. My head light alignment was also done but they did not charge me anything for it. They (3M) even touched up the scraped underbelly anti rust coating without any cost whatsoever

Wheel balancing and wheel alignment is anyway part of 10k as well as 20K servicing. And you should've done it anyway because they would've rotated the tyres. So you can count that off as 'necessary evil'
Old 5th June 2011, 23:55   #4485
Senior - BHPian

Tyres are not rotated by Ford. I was told that there is no need. and that it's only done in olden times when standard tyres were not available.
When all 4 tyres wear out, replace them retaining the stepney.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks