Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 11:48   #4396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar
Hi,

Based on my budget, petrol price, details in Team-BHP and couple of test drives, i am planning to replace my 2007 Wagor R Vxi with Ford Figo TDCi in the coming month.

Visited MPL ford, Tharamani, Chennai and collected the details. Need suggestions on the below from the Figo owners and other experts.

1. MPL Ford, Taramani, Chennai - Any feedback or any point to keep on dealing with them?

2. The price they are quoting is as below
- Ex. Show room - 548,900
- Boot and floor mat, mud flap, 3M teflon body painting - 5,000
- Insurance - 20,269 (any other suggestion on this?)
- Regn/Tax/3rd extended warranty - 68,400
- Onroad - 642,569

In that i can get some 3.5K as corporate discount and some more accessories (like USB, Seat cover) worth 3 - 4 K

Do i need to check on anything other than this (like under body protection coating etc).

3. MPL ford says, the tyres can be any of Apollo Acelere, MRF ZV2K, Good Year G2.
- Which one will be better among them?
- Will it make good difference in ride quality by going to brand like Michelin XM1+?
- What will be the approximate differential price i may need to pay if i change the tyre immediately outside to Michelin XM1+
- Any upsize suggestion and will it void the warranry (as mentioned in some other discussions threads)

4. Alloy Wheel
- MPL ford has two options and they are quoting 19K for four alloys and two fog lamps
- Better to buy 5th alloy or 4 is ok?
- Any suggestion for alloys which will go well with white Figo and approximate price?

5. Any other suggestion specific to Ford Figo.

Regards
Devakumar
Insurance seems to be on higher side
Apollo have best resale if u plan to upgrade to Michelin, highly recommended with 1 upsize, will cost approx 4k extra
for set of four alloys, aluminum finish is my choice to go with white

Good luck with your purchase
gharika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 11:55   #4397
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Hi,

Based on my budget, petrol price, details in Team-BHP and couple of test drives, i am planning to replace my 2007 Wagor R Vxi with Ford Figo TDCi in the coming month.

Visited MPL ford, Tharamani, Chennai and collected the details. Need suggestions on the below from the Figo owners and other experts.

1. MPL Ford, Taramani, Chennai - Any feedback or any point to keep on dealing with them?

- Onroad - 642,569

which TDCi variant are you buying? this seems to be the ex-showroom for Titanium

Insurance at this price must include ALL riders (including 0% depreciation on plastics)

In that i can get some 3.5K as corporate discount and some more accessories (like USB, Seat cover) worth 3 - 4 K

Do i need to check on anything other than this (like under body protection coating etc).

3. MPL ford says, the tyres can be any of Apollo Acelere, MRF ZV2K, Good Year G2.
- Will it make good difference in ride quality by going to brand like Michelin XM1+?
- What will be the approximate differential price i may need to pay if i change the tyre immediately outside to Michelin XM1+
- Any upsize suggestion and will it void the warranry (as mentioned in some other discussions threads)

Upsizing will void warranty. Take Apollo Acelere - there is a thread on this one, they are VFM and for most people perform similar to XM1 (unless you are into hard cornering etc.)

4. Alloy Wheel
- MPL ford has two options and they are quoting 19K for four alloys and two fog lamps
- Any suggestion for alloys which will go well with white Figo and approximate price?

Fortune Ford Hyderabad charges 15k, and they are not the cheapest guys around !

Check whether it is OK (warranty/insurance wise) to get the alloys (14inch) from 3rd party

Regards
Devakumar

don't buy the USB cable - If you must you can easily build your own. I personally use my phone's bluetooth to play music via the car audio system.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 12:06   #4398
BHPian

@vina, Yes it is Titanium TDCi.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:06   #4399
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

- Onroad - 642,569

Regards
Devakumar
I got Boot and floor mat, mud flap, and 'scruff guard' free. WRT 3m teflon paint/guard, please read another thread on the usage. I think the tbhp suggestion was not to have it. But ultimately its a personal choice.
I am not sure about VXi but my ZXI comes with fabric seat covers and I felt no need for any seat cover over and above the OEM.
USB is 1700 in the showroom in Bangalore. Outside of the showroom, it can be fitted with around 700.
And oh forgot to mention, I got the fog lamps free of cost as well.

Good choice on the Diesel. I am already hitting my head for not having shelled out some more rupees to buy a diesel what with petrol prices in bangalore topping 71 Rs/L for normal petrol

Last edited by gtonsing : 18th May 2011 at 12:15.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:14   #4400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I got Boot and floor mat, mud flap, and 'scruff guard' free. WRT 3m teflon paint/guard, please read another thread on the usage. I think the tbhp suggestion was not to have it. But ultimately its a personal choice.
I am not sure about VXi but my ZXI comes with fabric seat covers and I felt no need for any seat cover over and above the OEM.
USB is 1700 in the showroom in Bangalore. Outside of the showroom, it can be fitted with around 700.

Good choice on the Diesel. I am already hitting my head for not having shelled out some more rupees to buy a diesel what with petrol prices in bangalore topping 71 Rs/L for normal petrol

People have recommended Art. Leather - very comfortable and looks good with the car.

USB cable price is 1k (Ford official pricing) even if you buy from them don't pay a penny more. Getting it done from outside is no better than a Rs. 100 DIY (also more fun). For some reason the Ford dealerships are out to fleece customers - the formula seems to be similar to shaving razors, give razors cheap and charge more for blades.

You are not that bad off with petrol unless you are driving over 15k/year. For diesel non-fuel costs are slightly higher, the car does make audible noise (from TD I remember petrol Figo was completely silent), and if you invest the packet you saved by buying petrol, you'll probably make more money in next 7 years than you'll spend extra on fuel.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:21   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
You are not that bad off with petrol unless you are driving over 15k/year. For diesel non-fuel costs are slightly higher, the car does make audible noise (from TD I remember petrol Figo was completely silent), and if you invest the packet you saved by buying petrol, you'll probably make more money in next 7 years than you'll spend extra on fuel.
This makes a lot of sense. Thanks. I was only looking at price of 1 liter of petrol vs 1 liter of diesel. My estimated driving will be 12k/13k (unless I decide to do an All India Tour all of a sudden) - max 14k/yr. So i think the showroom cost difference should level this one out.

This is why I so love to be in this forum - you get absolute valuable advise as well as experienced guidance where and when you need without having to live with a heavy/sad/disappointed heart. Thank you and thanks to team-Bhp
Old 18th May 2011, 14:26   #4402
BHPian

Thanks for the input. I am planning to check further options on Insurance. Also will check to get the price reduced for alloys with the dealer. Not going for USB also could be a option now, anyhow the mobile phone can be used for media streaming with the help of Bluetooth.

I am targeting 6.5 L with Alloy and Fog lamps added. Hopefully will finalize the deal in a week and will post in detail with the experience.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:18   #4403
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

- Onroad - 642,569

4. Alloy Wheel

Regards
Devakumar
Dont go for teflon coating. Instead with the same money get the under chassis quoting done. Insurance is way too high. I got the Tata-AIG (0% depreciation - pearl plan) for 15.4k. So get the insurance outside the dealership.
askids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 18:10   #4404

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
Dont go for teflon coating. Instead with the same money get the under chassis quoting done. Insurance is way too high. I got the Tata-AIG (0% depreciation - pearl plan) for 15.4k. So get the insurance outside the dealership.

I bought a Ford Figo Titanium at Cauvery Ford (Magadi Road) in Bangalore and I must admit I experienced some top notch service. They did suggest that Teflon coating is not the best for paint protection so I got the chassis protection done.

Just a thought on the high speed stability of this vehicle, its not a let down by any measure. At 170 kmph on the Kunigal highway, I felt absolutely sure and confident of the handling. The only crib I might have is with the way it pulls from 2nd gear, some times just struggling to make away while I get overtaken by a TVS Scooty :P
Old 18th May 2011, 18:54   #4405
BHPian

one more thing. 3rd year warranty is given free as part of corporate discount. So dont let dealer fool you saying that its being given especially for you.

Titanium club pack will be 19.5k. This includes 4 alloys, fog and vinyl seat cover. If you are not being offered this deal, then you are being ripped off again. But if you buy the alloys outside, you will have more choice and will cost much lesser. I dont know if anyone has fitted their fog lamps outside. With ford dealers, fog lamps should costs around 3-3.5k.
askids is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 19:36   #4406
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Good luck devakumar.
Check with Insurance prices. Always better to get the alloys outside as there are more varieties

I got my insurance renewed today. My model is EXi and its present ex show room price 4,85,000 approx. Now after 20% depreciation got the insurance done for 3,90,000 (IDV value) and the premium was 9000/- in New India. The insurance was done in Coimbatore.

what is the correct IDV value for EXI & the premium amount for the 2nd year.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 21:20   #4407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Good luck devakumar.
Check with Insurance prices. Always better to get the alloys outside as there are more varieties

I got my insurance renewed today. My model is EXi and its present ex show room price 4,85,000 approx. Now after 20% depreciation got the insurance done for 3,90,000 (IDV value) and the premium was 9000/- in New India. The insurance was done in Coimbatore.

what is the correct IDV value for EXI & the premium amount for the 2nd year.
I think IDV should depreciate at-least by 10% each year. I mean, if your 1st insurance's IDV was 4.85L, it could be as much as 4.36L in second year. 20% seems more depreciation in your case.

Did you have your first year insurance with New India? Also, does New India provide cashless settlement, and do they have tie-up with your preferred service center?

Last edited by SMK_BLR : 18th May 2011 at 21:23.
Old 18th May 2011, 23:50   #4408
BHPian

My rear view mirror just came off one day. Maybe it was the heat, so the glue got unstuck.
Moreover, the handle also came out... its a ball and socket thing.
It refused to go back in.
We tried every trick.
When I went to Ford Service, they simply shrugged off my predicament - no... and old mirror CANNOT be glued back on.
YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY A NEW MIRROR : FORD SIMPLY CANNOT AND WILL NOT STICK THE MIRROR BACK ON!!!
I feel so cheated!

Comments, guyz?
Old 19th May 2011, 00:00   #4409
BHPian

Does the AC need special attention during the 2nd Service, especially in this weather?
Old 19th May 2011, 00:19   #4410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010
Does the AC need special attention during the 2nd Service, especially in this weather?
Thanks to the pollen filter, the AC does not need to be serviced every season. Get AC gas checked and pollen filter cleaned/replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks