Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 09:39   #4381
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

What to watch out for in the second service due at 10000 km?
What is it likely to cost? What am I paying for??
Old 15th May 2011, 10:51   #4382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Oil Filter(~330), Engine Oil (~730), Wheel Allignment(~220) are the major ones.
Old 15th May 2011, 16:44   #4383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Oil Filter(~330), Engine Oil (~730), Wheel Allignment(~220) are the major ones.
Yeah... The total cost will be below Rs 1350/- if you don't have any additional expenses (like changing the broken mud flaps, windscreen washer fluid etc)
Old 15th May 2011, 17:07   #4384
Senior - BHPian

posting again:

is it possible to change the engine immobilizer code on the Figo?
Old 15th May 2011, 22:56   #4385
BHPian

There was an issue with the gear shifting of my Figo to the 1st gear. Basically the shift was very hard while downshifting to the 1st gear. As i was going near majestic thought about taking it to Cauvery Ford (where i had bought the car) there yesterday. They had a look at it and then made some adjustments to the gear cable setting. And voila, the gear shift has become very smooth. But the steering has also become noticeably lighter and i have to steer a little more at low speeds. Is this normal?? Should i ask them to have a look during the Service? On a side note, Ford was having a Driving Skills for Life at Cauvery Ford Bangalore imparting some tips for Safe, Economical and Eco Friendly driving. The session was for around 2 hours with some practical demonstration as well with lunch and drinks provided to all the attendees. A very good initiative from Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
@Mustang - You might have hit the nail right on it's Head, I have been doing this ever since I learnt driving.

Now the next thing that comes to my mind is, I have a Swift and a 800 but this issue (hand brake not working properly with the button pressed)has never surfaced on these two cars?

I'll surely try out your suggestion once I move out of the office.

Thanks a ton for the help !

Happy Motoring !!
Hi Torquedo, my wife just joined a Maruti Driving School and the instrauctor there in the first theory class mentioned that the Hand Brake should be pulled up without pressing the button for Maruti cars as well as Hyundai ones - my wife was recapping what she learnt there to me. I haven't driven any of these cars at length so i do not really know but maybe you can check it out at the Maruti service center about what is the correct way to deploy the hand brake.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 15th May 2011 at 23:04. Reason: merged posts. Please edit existing post when posting within 30mins.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:23   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
posting again:

is it possible to change the engine immobilizer code on the Figo?
I think the PCM changes the immobilizer code every time you key in, but I'm not too sure about the authenticity of the information.

If you are talking about the re-programming a new key, then it is possible.
Old 15th May 2011, 23:32   #4387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I think the PCM changes the immobilizer code every time you key in, but I'm not too sure about the authenticity of the information.

If you are talking about the re-programming a new key, then it is possible.
On a different thread somebody had his Scorpio stolen and it was revealed that all of them come with the same immobiliser code - so with the right equipment any Scorpio's immobiliser can be hacked.

I wouldn't want that happening to my car of course.
Old 16th May 2011, 08:09   #4388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina

On a different thread somebody had his Scorpio stolen and it was revealed that all of them come with the same immobiliser code - so with the right equipment any Scorpio's immobiliser can be hacked.

Wow, I didn't know this. In this case, it's very risky. Do you know if it is the same situation with other manufacturers too?
Old 16th May 2011, 11:25   #4389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Wow, I didn't know this. In this case, it's very risky. Do you know if it is the same situation with other manufacturers too?

I don't think it is the case with Ford. Ford's PATS is reliable and a bit tough to fiddle with. Not many Endeavours are stolen.

More details here: Everything you wanted to know about PATS. - Ford Explorer Ranger Enthusiasts "Serious Explorations"®

Apparently the key and the PCM can exchange over 72 million billion combinations!
Old 17th May 2011, 18:11   #4390
BHPian

Okay, I have another question. I tried fitting a baby seat at the back seat yesterday. Maybe its the problem with the baby seat itself or its got to do with the restraints in the Figo, I cant seem to fit it properly. When I tried front facing, I have only two points for the seatbelt to go through and if placed in the corner, the seatbelt is obscenely twisted. If I use the middle harness, the upper side of the seat is not secured.

Is there a resource somewhere who can guide me on 1) how to use a car seat on the Figo properly and 2) is there something I need to add/change in the rear seats of the Figo to accommodate the baby seat?
Note: the baby seat I have is a very simple, rudimentary seat that can double as a baby carrier with a handle. It has only two places on both the sides where I can pass the seat belt through. (I know I am being cheap but I want to see if I can use it before buying something new)
Old 17th May 2011, 19:20   #4391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Okay, I have another question. I tried fitting a baby seat at the back seat yesterday. Maybe its the problem with the baby seat itself or its got to do with the restraints in the Figo, I cant seem to fit it properly. When I tried front facing, I have only two points for the seatbelt to go through and if placed in the corner, the seatbelt is obscenely twisted. If I use the middle harness, the upper side of the seat is not secured.

Is there a resource somewhere who can guide me on 1) how to use a car seat on the Figo properly and 2) is there something I need to add/change in the rear seats of the Figo to accommodate the baby seat?
Note: the baby seat I have is a very simple, rudimentary seat that can double as a baby carrier with a handle. It has only two places on both the sides where I can pass the seat belt through. (I know I am being cheap but I want to see if I can use it before buying something new)
What brand is the baby seat? It could be the one which connects via two-point only.
Old 17th May 2011, 19:41   #4392
BHPian

I am not even sure of the brand. It was something some friends gifted. I think it is one of those Chinese made things. I have not used it as a car seat before. Now that we are expecting our second child, I thought I will have to buy a car seat and when I saw this one that I already have, wanted to see if I can use it. I am sure unless I can post some pictures, you wont be able to tell accurately. Is it normally the 2 point harness systems will be used in the middle seat only?
Old 17th May 2011, 21:14   #4393
BHPian

Quote:
I am not even sure of the brand. It was something some friends gifted. I think it is one of those Chinese made things. I have not used it as a car seat before. Now that we are expecting our second child, I thought I will have to buy a car seat and when I saw this one that I already have, wanted to see if I can use it. I am sure unless I can post some pictures, you wont be able to tell accurately. Is it normally the 2 point harness systems will be used in the middle seat only?
I doubt Figo would be any different w.r.t installing a child restraint. I would suggest you find some brand names that look like your car-seat and then find videos of those brands on Youtube/similar.

I had a tough time interpreting the original car-seat manual.. and had to rely entirely on demos in youtube. By the sound of it, i suspect yours to be a rear-facing infant car seat. good luck.

and btw.. there are lots of pages on the web discussing which is the best seat/position to install a child-seat. Do read them before you are convinced about your child-seat installation.

good luck.
Old 18th May 2011, 07:39   #4394
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe its a basic one for the middle seat, or it could be a rear-facing one. A photo may help. Anyway for this discussion, refer to the thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ian-roads.html
Old 18th May 2011, 11:39   #4395
BHPian

Hi,

Based on my budget, petrol price, details in Team-BHP and couple of test drives, i am planning to replace my 2007 Wagor R Vxi with Ford Figo TDCi in the coming month.

Visited MPL ford, Tharamani, Chennai and collected the details. Need suggestions on the below from the Figo owners and other experts.

1. MPL Ford, Taramani, Chennai - Any feedback or any point to keep on dealing with them?

2. The price they are quoting is as below
- Ex. Show room - 548,900
- Boot and floor mat, mud flap, 3M teflon body painting - 5,000
- Insurance - 20,269 (any other suggestion on this?)
- Regn/Tax/3rd extended warranty - 68,400
- Onroad - 642,569

In that i can get some 3.5K as corporate discount and some more accessories (like USB, Seat cover) worth 3 - 4 K

Do i need to check on anything other than this (like under body protection coating etc).

3. MPL ford says, the tyres can be any of Apollo Acelere, MRF ZV2K, Good Year G2.
- Which one will be better among them?
- Will it make good difference in ride quality by going to brand like Michelin XM1+?
- What will be the approximate differential price i may need to pay if i change the tyre immediately outside to Michelin XM1+
- Any upsize suggestion and will it void the warranry (as mentioned in some other discussions threads)

4. Alloy Wheel
- MPL ford has two options and they are quoting 19K for four alloys and two fog lamps
- Better to buy 5th alloy or 4 is ok?
- Any suggestion for alloys which will go well with white Figo and approximate price?

5. Any other suggestion specific to Ford Figo.

Regards
Devakumar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks