Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 01:30   #4351
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Here's an update after the 3rd service [20k kms] of my figo tdci.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2346202
Old 11th May 2011, 07:10   #4352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Hello Figo owners, I need some help. Even after reading the opinions on keeping the original seats as they are, I went ahead and put on the vinyl (rexin?) covers (I have a 2 year old daughter who might soil the seats). But now I am faced with a new problem. I have AC on in the front but my back is getting wet due to sweat. This is distracting me quite a lot. What options do I have? a) Remove the front seat covers and keep only the one of the rear bench. This will make the interior look quite poor. b) get some additional removable padding (cotton type) put on the seat covers. This might affect the seating posture / curvature of the seat.

What you suggest guys?
i think if you put too thick an additional padding, the rear seat might not fold down completely when required. The back rest in the rear will fold down completely only if the rear seat folds ahead forward snugly into the back of the front seats. You might want to check that before you add on any paddings, else the seats might remain propped up in an uncanny angle being of no good to man or beast. In the eventuality that you are a driver who drives with the drivers seat pushed back, the seats definitely will not fit in with additional padding.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:51   #4353
BHPian

My driver had a similar issue with the Honda city seat cover and he uses beads now. I hope you know how they look - big beads strung together and covers the entire seat back and sitting area. It is only used in the driving seat. Basicaly, I think it provides some air pockets between your back and seat and hence reduces sweating issues. I think it worked out for him

However, I don't like them - they move everytime one get's out. I remove them whenever I drive. He differs from me - he says he also gets an additional advantage as they provide an acupuncture effect

Quote:
Hello Figo owners, I need some help. Even after reading the opinions on keeping the original seats as they are, I went ahead and put on the vinyl (rexin?) covers (I have a 2 year old daughter who might soil the seats). But now I am faced with a new problem. I have AC on in the front but my back is getting wet due to sweat. This is distracting me quite a lot. What options do I have? a) Remove the front seat covers and keep only the one of the rear bench. This will make the interior look quite poor. b) get some additional removable padding (cotton type) put on the seat covers. This might affect the seating posture / curvature of the seat.

What you suggest guys?
Old 11th May 2011, 11:00   #4354
BHPian

All -

I bought a Ford Figo Lxi for my dad on the 10th of April, I have a couple of niggles that I would like to share and confirm if my finding collate with other T-BHP members.

1) The other day I was driving sedately after about 0.5 hrs of driving with the AC on, I suddenly at a traffic stop felt that the engine revving at a high RPM than normal idling. I did face this issue a couple of times, to sort it I restarted the car on both the counts and the problem disappeared. Even since this issue I have driven another 100 odd Kms but haven't faced the issue.

2) I have a strong feeling that the braking in Figo is appalling, both the floor and the hand brake. Even on a close to 30 degree incline the hand brake has to be pulled really UP to ensure that the car does not budge.

I would be thankful if other T-BHPian can shed some light on these issues.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 11th May 2011, 11:10   #4355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What you suggest guys?

I too faced the same issue (I too have black colored rexin seat covers) so instead of changing the seat covers I developed the habit of wearing a vest, it helps in absorbing the sweat, this might sound silly but it did work for me
Old 11th May 2011, 16:46   #4356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
All -
2) I have a strong feeling that the braking in Figo is appalling, both the floor and the hand brake. Even on a close to 30 degree incline the hand brake has to be pulled really UP to ensure that the car does not budge.

Happy Motoring !!
Regarding the handbrake problem, I hope you are not pressing the handbrake button while pulling the lever up. If you are doing this then the handbrake does not deploy fully.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 16:54   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Regarding the handbrake problem, I hope you are not pressing the handbrake button while pulling the lever up. If you are doing this then the handbrake does not deploy fully.
@Mustang - You might have hit the nail right on it's Head, I have been doing this ever since I learnt driving.

Now the next thing that comes to my mind is, I have a Swift and a 800 but this issue (hand brake not working properly with the button pressed)has never surfaced on these two cars?

I'll surely try out your suggestion once I move out of the office.

Thanks a ton for the help !

Happy Motoring !!
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 16:59   #4358
BHPian

Quote:
@Mustang - You might have hit the nail right on it's Head, I have been doing this ever since I learnt driving.

Now the next thing that comes to my mind is, I have a Swift and a 800 but this issue (hand brake not working properly with the button pressed)has never surfaced on these two cars?

Happy Motoring !!
spot on. in my m800 i used to push the button and then break and it held! at times i notice in the figo that the breaks do not hold when u press the button, wonder why?
Old 11th May 2011, 17:00   #4359
BANNED

Quote:

Happy Motoring !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
spot on. in my m800 i used to push the button and then break and it held! at times i notice in the figo that the breaks do not hold when u press the button, wonder why?

It only happens in ford cars, even the manual mentions it i guess. Press the button only while releasing the hand brake and not while deploying it .

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 11th May 2011 at 17:02.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 17:00   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
All -

1) The other day I was driving sedately after about 0.5 hrs of driving with the AC on, I suddenly at a traffic stop felt that the engine revving at a high RPM than normal idling. I did face this issue a couple of times, to sort it I restarted the car on both the counts and the problem disappeared. Even since this issue I have driven another 100 odd Kms but haven't faced the issue.

Happy Motoring !!
Is the engine revving based on looking at the RPM or based on noise? If its actually the RPM increasing to more than 1/1.5k during idling, then it must be something technical that needs o be answered by the technical folk in here.
But if its just the noise of the engine and the RPM is not going above 1/1.5k mark, then its probably the cooling mechanism. From what I have read in this forum, its a cooling mechanism that engages the fan to spin (and cool the engine). I have noticed it and it does die down (when optimal temperature of reached, I presumed). I had parked it for the night and since I dont have dedicated parking, its parked in the verandah of our house, right infront of the front door. My wife asked my if I switched off the engine. I told her its normal - i read it in team-bhp very matter of factly . Infact it went on for about 2 mins after me switching off the engine.

Other Figo owners may correct me if I am wrong. I would be interested to know if the RPM actually climbed during those times
Old 11th May 2011, 17:09   #4361
Senior - BHPian

I beg to differ.

I have been using my Figo for a year now.
I always push the button while pulling the handbrake up.

So far, I have had absolutely no issues with the handbrake whatsoever. And this includes stopping at a traffic light and standing starts of a fully loaded car on a slope.
Old 12th May 2011, 00:06   #4362
Senior - BHPian

I had my window glass down today while parking and I noticed a "click" sound when I engaged the reverse gear.

I tried it a few times and the sound was there - no sound when I engage the first or second gears (did them all with clutch fully disengaged, handbrake engaged and engine idling)

The I tried it after turning the engine off - the sound was very much there whenever I engaged reverse.

I never particularly strained my ears before and always had the window glasses up - but never heard this sound before.

Can anybody tell me what could this be?
Old 12th May 2011, 09:52   #4363
BHPian

Today i did the Fuel Efficiency Test on my Figo using Tankfull to Tankfull method.

The car drank 27 litres of Petrol. The distance covered from the last Tankfull was 299 Kms. Avg Fuel Efficiency = 11.1 KMPL. Most of the driving is on B2B Bangalore traffic with some distances covered on the tollways in Bangalore.
achilles101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2011, 11:04   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
I had my window glass down today while parking and I noticed a "click" sound when I engaged the reverse gear.

Can anybody tell me what could this be?

I am not too sure about the click sound, but me and a few others reported that the reverse gear is a bit tough to engage. In fact I often face slippages in reverse gear, it seems it is a safety mechanism to avoid engaging reverse gear in motion. I am guessing that your click sound is something related, but I am not too sure.

@Torquedo: If you "felt" that engine is idling at a higher rpm than normal then it is a/c compressor at work. Check the RPM readings and get back to us!
Old 12th May 2011, 11:14   #4365
Senior - BHPian

Its normal to hear a click sound when the reverse gear is engaged. Have herd it on Adventure, Fusion and Figo. If you have not noticed, the engine tone changes when you depress the clutch. I think even that is normal

Just Enjoy Your cars

For those who missed it. Here is the 26K update
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2346789
gemithomas is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed